FENECH'S WORLD SUPER LEAGUE 2021

Just now, ifogey said:

Just to confirm it comes out midnight friday so as in by 00:01 friday or do you see midnight friday as late friday night so 00:01 saturday

Just wanted to see if will be playing it in a few hours as been waiting on a proper world league DB since launch xD

Thanks again for the work!

Friday Morning 12.00am :thup:

16 minutes ago, shimi said:

Wow really cool work. Great job :)

By the way am I just not finding any or are there no clubs from Australia and New Zealand?

Thank you. There are none but if you want I can include one for you and send you a link. :)

7 minutes ago, Mattphillips said:

Amazing work, what is the possibility of having relegation from level 20 with new teams getting promoted into the league structure?

Its a possibility for a future update for sure and thank you :thup:

On 17/12/2020 at 09:43, Fenech said:

It's not a bad idea. All details are included in the opening post. I appreciate all feedback and always take it on board. Maybe in a future update I might consider making the names slightly less British Centric :cool:

FYI there are a couple typos in the word "Division", I think in the 20th Div name the word is misspelled and in the short name of one of the higher leagues it's also misspelled similarly. 

This is amazing work though, I actually tried to load this in the editor but it would not work for me, there are almost a million DB changes and it seems to make my editor freeze. How did you even DO this?!?!

Really I just wanted to change some of the division names because I'm an old fart and I don't know what the heck an "ooclanoo" is but I think that can be done post-start in the IGE.

13 minutes ago, BedeviledEgg said:

FYI there are a couple typos in the word "Division", I think in the 20th Div name the word is misspelled and in the short name of one of the higher leagues it's also misspelled similarly. 

This is amazing work though, I actually tried to load this in the editor but it would not work for me, there are almost a million DB changes and it seems to make my editor freeze. How did you even DO this?!?!

Really I just wanted to change some of the division names because I'm an old fart and I don't know what the heck an "ooclanoo" is but I think that can be done post-start in the IGE.

Hey there,

I will check the spellings but I just want to thank you for the feedback really. Hard work :) & 20000 hours of editing experience. (sorry for the spelling) I am no spring chicken either.

Here are step by step instructions:

Step 1: Extract the file to here: downloads folder and drag it to the following location: MyDocuments-SportsInteractive-FootballManager2021-editordata 

(If the editor data folder does not exist then simply create it)

Step 2: Load the game, e.g. career game, check it is the only one ticked in database settings:

UlmZMev.png

Press Confirm & Advanced set up.

Then you can choose the amount of divisions you want to include

NcFDfIE.png

If you include all 20 divisions you will get over 300k players and staff, if include 19 divisions it might be better for you if your Editor is freezing but it shouldnt do

Then Start game and you should be grand. I will correct the spelling mistakes in an upcoming update so thanks for letting me know.
The divisions are numbered so you know where they are in the pyramid but yea you can adjust the names if you want. in the IGE

If you dont include all the divisions, you can always make the last one view only :)

and if you need anything in particular I am always happy to help. 

Edited by Fenech

I am able to start a game using the mod, it seems to work great, even using all 20 divisions is fine. I loaded the full league last night and then went on vacation unemployed and it played through 10 seasons while I slept and everything looks perfect.

But I just can't load the mod in the pre-game editor at all, it freezes while trying to load the DB changes even though my PC is pretty beefy. Is 16GB of RAM not sufficient to load this in the editor? I'm learning about the editor this year and I've been learning a lot looking at other people's mods so I thought I'd look at how you did this too. But nope, it's too much for my poor PC apparently.

3 minutes ago, BedeviledEgg said:

I am able to start a game using the mod, it seems to work great, even using all 20 divisions is fine. I loaded the full league last night and then went on vacation unemployed and it played through 10 seasons while I slept and everything looks perfect.

But I just can't load the mod in the pre-game editor at all, it freezes while trying to load the DB changes even though my PC is pretty beefy. Is 16GB of RAM not sufficient to load this in the editor? I'm learning about the editor this year and I've been learning a lot looking at other people's mods so I thought I'd look at how you did this too. But nope, it's too much for my poor PC apparently.

Nice! Yea over a million changes. You probably need more memory and / or a better processor and its dangerous tbh, if your PC isn't powerful enough, the editor can cause system damage. If you tell me what changes you want, I will do it for you and send you a personal DM with the link. :thup:

2 minutes ago, Fenech said:

You probably need more memory and / or a better processor

No doubt

2 minutes ago, Fenech said:

if your PC isn't powerful enough, the editor can cause system damage.

Haha no, speaking as a software developer with 30 year experience that's not possible. At worst it could cause a crash and screw up my FM database and require a re-install but there is no way it can damage my hardware. When it stops responding I can just kill it with Task Manager and it's fine.

5 minutes ago, Fenech said:

If you tell me what changes you want, I will do it for you and send you a personal DM with the link.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Not sure what I would want different, and I'm elbow deep in a different save anyway. Mostly just wanted to load it out of curiosity.

1 minute ago, BedeviledEgg said:

No doubt

Haha no, speaking as a software developer with 30 year experience that's not possible. At worst it could cause a crash and screw up my FM database and require a re-install but there is no way it can damage my hardware. When it stops responding I can just kill it with Task Manager and it's fine.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Not sure what I would want different, and I'm elbow deep in a different save anyway. Mostly just wanted to load it out of curiosity.

That's good to know, You clearly know your stuff. Indeed just kill it with task manager :) Your welcome anytime. :thup: Always happy to help you out

Played for around 12 hours last night (time flew!) I initially loaded a game with all 20 and it ran okay but decided to go with 19 as for me personally the speed diference was still quite large, at least for my PC, CPU is starting to get a little old (FX 8350) and have 24GB RAM, Looking forward to playing it more and having it as my main long-term save going forward

1 hour ago, Patsaman said:

Is there a reason when i load the db i see the  leagues with the english names? e.g. I am with Olympiakos in Vanarama National League!

1263850_screenshots_20201220001016_1.jpg

yeah it doesnt work if you use a real name fix

25 minutes ago, ifogey said:

Played for around 12 hours last night (time flew!) I initially loaded a game with all 20 and it ran okay but decided to go with 19 as for me personally the speed diference was still quite large, at least for my PC, CPU is starting to get a little old (FX 8350) and have 24GB RAM, Looking forward to playing it more and having it as my main long-term save going forward

good idea, you can always put the last league as view only :) Keep me updated as to how your doing. 

Edited by Fenech

5 hours ago, osgulo said:

Hello friend, can I ask you a favor? Can you put FC Andorra in the last division and send me the link? Sorry for asking the favor but I can't verify the rules on my PC.

Hey leave it with and ill see what I can do for you :)

9 minutes ago, freddieos said:

Have you simmed a test version 10 years in to the future? If so, is the total player count the same or similar as at start? 

#newgenbug

yes and yes everything looks great and as it should be, and the numbers are the same or similar.. 

I know you have stated the naming will not work with the real names fix - which I have also confirmed by loading the league up because I'm really interested in playing it.

Is there anything I can do in the editor to ensure the naming of divisions are as you intended without undoing the real name fix? As I understand it, if I were able to restore/remove the real names fix it would effect every other save I currently have going.

5 hours ago, mwebb said:

I know you have stated the naming will not work with the real names fix - which I have also confirmed by loading the league up because I'm really interested in playing it.

Is there anything I can do in the editor to ensure the naming of divisions are as you intended without undoing the real name fix? As I understand it, if I were able to restore/remove the real names fix it would effect every other save I currently have going.

I am sorry but there is nothing that can be done. If you want to play the game as it was intended, you would need to remove real name fix. You could put it into a separate folder on your desktop/laptop whilst playing the game, and then when you want to play a different game put it back or reinstall it again, but it is one or the other... real name fix does not work at all with this mod. :thup:

8 hours ago, mwebb said:

Fenech, used the English leagues to make this World league system, by using the real name fix, it will replace the name to english leagues. The solution is a bit simple, but it would mean Fenech to do the league from scratch. The solution is to create new leagues from scratch and not using the english ones. But since it is Fenech file, his decision prevails, either way I will enjoy it. :)

34 minutes ago, grade said:

Fenech, used the English leagues to make this World league system, by using the real name fix, it will replace the name to english leagues. The solution is a bit simple, but it would mean Fenech to do the league from scratch. The solution is to create new leagues from scratch and not using the english ones. But since it is Fenech file, his decision prevails, either way I will enjoy it. :)

Spot on :) 

Hi Fenech, 

Great to see this update out again for FM21 - always been a fan of seeing teams face off against each other from around the world.

Couple of questions from what I found from the FM20 version and wondering how they are with the FM21 release :

1) Scouting knowledge does not seem to match where a team is from ie was Colo Colo but had limited to no knowledge of the Chile or surrounding areas.

2) Is their anyway to have teams retain a core of players with nationality from their base country. On the last version I tried mess about with the club vision tool to try and make this happen  but did not seem to work.

Cheers

31 minutes ago, perfect79 said:

Hi Fenech, 

Great to see this update out again for FM21 - always been a fan of seeing teams face off against each other from around the world.

Couple of questions from what I found from the FM20 version and wondering how they are with the FM21 release :

1) Scouting knowledge does not seem to match where a team is from ie was Colo Colo but had limited to no knowledge of the Chile or surrounding areas.

2) Is their anyway to have teams retain a core of players with nationality from their base country. On the last version I tried mess about with the club vision tool to try and make this happen  but did not seem to work.

Cheers

Hey,

There is no need for knowledge of any other countries in this version as no where else exists except the pyramid. 

All players/staff have been freed from anywhere else they may have been and are now available to be signed by clubs within the pyramid 

Most teams do start with a core of their nationality. i guess its up to the manager to keep it that way...

Edited by Fenech

Hi, I've played one season and everything was great, got promoted, but now I ran into the problem where most of my players go to the national teams to play friendlies and I'm left without any real squad that can face the opposition. In the beginning of the season, I was prompted to delay one game due to internationals, could this have affected the whole calendar? 

Снимок.PNG

58 minutes ago, Slaf4eg said:

Hi, I've played one season and everything was great, got promoted, but now I ran into the problem where most of my players go to the national teams to play friendlies and I'm left without any real squad that can face the opposition. In the beginning of the season, I was prompted to delay one game due to internationals, could this have affected the whole calendar? 

Снимок.PNG

Hey :) They are friendlies. All I do is simply withdraw all players from all friendlies and reject any delays... 

17 minutes ago, Fenech said:

Hey :) They are friendlies. All I do is simply withdraw all players from all friendlies and reject any delays... 

I have to admit, I've never used a recall option and I've been playing since 2012. Damn... :D Thank you :D

13 minutes ago, Slaf4eg said:

I have to admit, I've never used a recall option and I've been playing since 2012. Damn... :D Thank you :D

:D I guarantee the players never complain. Recall Recall Recall!! Its the club that pays thy wages!! 

• 10 months later...
On 19/12/2020 at 14:43, Fenech said:

Hey there,

I will check the spellings but I just want to thank you for the feedback really. Hard work :) & 20000 hours of editing experience. (sorry for the spelling) I am no spring chicken either.

Here are step by step instructions:

Step 1: Extract the file to here: downloads folder and drag it to the following location: MyDocuments-SportsInteractive-FootballManager2021-editordata 

(If the editor data folder does not exist then simply create it)

Step 2: Load the game, e.g. career game, check it is the only one ticked in database settings:

UlmZMev.png

Press Confirm & Advanced set up.

Then you can choose the amount of divisions you want to include

NcFDfIE.png

If you include all 20 divisions you will get over 300k players and staff, if include 19 divisions it might be better for you if your Editor is freezing but it shouldnt do

Then Start game and you should be grand. I will correct the spelling mistakes in an upcoming update so thanks for letting me know.
The divisions are numbered so you know where they are in the pyramid but yea you can adjust the names if you want. in the IGE

If you dont include all the divisions, you can always make the last one view only :)

and if you need anything in particular I am always happy to help. 

HI. Just finally recently decided to take the plunge and ditch my FM14 save and get FM21. Trying to get used to all the new features over these past few years. Because I so enjoyed the Super league save I had going on FM14, I decided to go for a similar thing right from the start this time. 

The database is really good and well-made. What is different about the 20th league level? And if I set it as view only, what will that change mean? And is there a way to make teams play on 2 days so that I can watch other teams matches if I want to? They all play at the same time/day and I loved watching other games on the next day in my FM14 save. 

Once again, thanks for the effort put into this. 

5 minutes ago, samuelawachie said:

HI. Just finally recently decided to take the plunge and ditch my FM14 save and get FM21. Trying to get used to all the new features over these past few years. Because I so enjoyed the Super league save I had going on FM14, I decided to go for a similar thing right from the start this time. 

The database is really good and well-made. What is different about the 20th league level? And if I set it as view only, what will that change mean? And is there a way to make teams play on 2 days so that I can watch other teams matches if I want to? They all play at the same time/day and I loved watching other games on the next day in my FM14 save. 

Once again, thanks for the effort put into this. 

Thanks. I have over 10000 hours of experience in the editor. So I would hope that my work is top quality. The 20th Level adds a few hundred thousand players to the game and so probably best not to include it unless you have a premium computer. Teams play on Saturdays and Wednesdays mainly, Because of the League set up, it was more important to ensure that fixtures were not too close to each other, and there is at least 3 days between games. Therefore having the games over 2 days would not have been a viable option. :thup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 21:49, Fenech said:

Thanks. I have over 10000 hours of experience in the editor. So I would hope that my work is top quality. The 20th Level adds a few hundred thousand players to the game and so probably best not to include it unless you have a premium computer. Teams play on Saturdays and Wednesdays mainly, Because of the League set up, it was more important to ensure that fixtures were not too close to each other, and there is at least 3 days between games. Therefore having the games over 2 days would not have been a viable option. :thup:

I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now, and it's really enjoyable. Especially comparing this ME to FM14's which is quite interesting. 

Unfortunately though, the "not having any way to watch other teams matches" outside watching highlights "after the fact", is a real immersion breaker. I spend a lot of time going around in the game world and play all my matches in full. It just sucks having only your matches seem "real" or can be attended. It just not what a real game-world should look like and is a big oversight for my style of playing the game. For some other users, it might not be a big issue, who only have perhaps 15 mins each day to play the game so can only play their matches and on key highlight mode no more. But for my style, it just breaks so much immersion. I mean, having all the matches at 3pm each day at the same time for all the teams? :'(

Anyway, is there any way to make this change better? As I said, I don't know if it was your DB edit that I was using on FM14 (or some other person called Chuckle Chuck), but there was league games, and two cup competitions on his too; and you get alternate scheduling as much as it allowed. And the fixtures didn't pile up either, and was still well spaced out. 

6 minutes ago, samuelawachie said:

I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now, and it's really enjoyable. Especially comparing this ME to FM14's which is quite interesting. 

Unfortunately though, the "not having any way to watch other teams matches" outside watching highlights "after the fact", is a real immersion breaker. I spend a lot of time going around in the game world and play all my matches in full. It just sucks having only your matches seem "real" or can be attended. It just not what a real game-world should look like and is a big oversight for my style of playing the game. For some other users, it might not be a big issue, who only have perhaps 15 mins each day to play the game so can only play their matches and on key highlight mode no more. But for my style, it just breaks so much immersion. I mean, having all the matches at 3pm each day at the same time for all the teams? :'(

Anyway, is there any way to make this change better? As I said, I don't know if it was your DB edit that I was using on FM14 (or some other person called Chuckle Chuck), but there was league games, and two cup competitions on his too; and you get alternate scheduling as much as it allowed. And the fixtures didn't pile up either, and was still well spaced out. 

Hi, You can change the match scheduling when you load up a new game. You can choose pretty much how matches are spread out...

7e3315cd0442aa5d09a0e9f4c25d7104.png

Apart from the above, I am not sure I completely understand the point you are trying to make. You can watch your own matches in full, extended, or key highlights or text only :thup: If your complaint is about not being able to watch other matches (not your own) then that would be a matter to take up with the makers of the full game aka Sports Interactive. Alot of the big rules are hard coded into the game so they would not be editable by anyone except the makers of the game.