[WIP] [FM21] Golden Era database (help, please help me, I need help, HELP!)

Folks, I love the work in here.

I am utterly useless on the editor (especially FM21 which seems even more complex?!) but I trying to embark on a project myself.

What I am looking to do is take everything back to a better time (in my eyes) - my football golden years when I was growing up.

I’d like to change football back to a better time - where money didn’t rule everything, pre-Sky, pre-Premier League.

I’m focusing on England, Italy, Spain and Germany for this.

What I aiming to do is…

All English leagues to be renamed back to what they were known as before the Premier League

English Division One

English Division Two

English Division Three

English Division Four

GM Vauxhall Conference

Italy, Germany and Spain can remain named the same.

(Yes, even I can manage to do this on my own).

Then, the English leagues reputations downgraded so they are below Italy, Spain and Germany.

(I can do that too!)

Plus, I’d like prize money in England to be massively reduced - back to the days where Serie A were the moneybags.

Also, Champions League and Europe League prize money and TV money to be reduced.

No idea how to do this - any ideas?

And, only one match a week on TV - not every single match (so TV money will be reduced too)

Nope - not a clue, help please!

Finally - Serie A and La Liga to go back to having only two foreign player slots in their starting line-ups, England back to five non-English in the European competitions etc.

You are starting to see the trend, I am sure - how do I do this?

And shooting for the stars, as there is no way I can do this myself I am sure…

The old European competitions to return and replace the current stuff - so European Cup, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners cup. I’m sure I have seen this done on previous versions.

The end result will hopefully be a world that feels like football in the late 80s when Serie A ruled the world but had world-class players on the bench, football wasn’t on TV every five minutes and the clubs in FM21 are forced to start selling off loads of their foreign superstar players which might mean I see some really interesting signings for other clubs.

If there is less money in the game, I’m interested to see if contracts get smaller as well.

Who knows, it might be utter rubbish and I’d wished I hadn’t bothered.

If anyone can give me any pointers on everything other than changing the competition names, I’d be really grateful as I’m hoping to get started this weekend!

Thanks!!

To help yourself, try picking a year you want to emulate. It does help you in research.

Also (hint: shameless selfpromotion ;) ) take a look in the FM20 download section for the Iron Curtain mod. It is not ready yet, because of Corona related issues, but it is based on the idea of recreating the 1988 rules and progressing that to 2020.

You can download an example of the Italian rules there.

12 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

To help yourself, try picking a year you want to emulate. It does help you in research.

Also (hint: shameless selfpromotion ;) ) take a look in the FM20 download section for the Iron Curtain mod. It is not ready yet, because of Corona related issues, but it is based on the idea of recreating the 1988 rules and progressing that to 2020.

You can download an example of the Italian rules there.

whoa - that's an amazing looking piece of work (which has now completely scared me off even attempting to do something way more simple for myself!!)