Summer Transfer window 2021. Can't register a player until January 2022? (Premier League)

• SI Staff

Hi Charlie, 

Could you confirm if you are playing a game that was started in the Pre Release Beta or the full release? 

There was an issue in the PRB where this issue could occur. We put in a potential fix for the full release. 

I believe if you save and reload the game then the warning will be removed. Let me know if you continue to have issues. 

Cheers,

Ben 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 18:06, Ben Kenney said:

Hi Charlie, 

Could you confirm if you are playing a game that was started in the Pre Release Beta or the full release? 

There was an issue in the PRB where this issue could occur. We put in a potential fix for the full release. 

I believe if you save and reload the game then the warning will be removed. Let me know if you continue to have issues. 

Cheers,

Ben 

Hi Charlie, I am also having this problem. I started the game during the Pre Release Beta. I have saved and reloaded the game as you suggested but it hasn't changed it. Is there any way that I can fix the problem for my current save or will I need to start a new one??

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, Reece7 said:

Hi Charlie, I am also having this problem. I started the game during the Pre Release Beta. I have saved and reloaded the game as you suggested but it hasn't changed it. Is there any way that I can fix the problem for my current save or will I need to start a new one??

Hi Reece, 

Would you be able to upload your save game to our cloud service and we will take a look. Details on how to upload a save can be found via the link below. 

Cheers,

Ben

Hi I am also having the same issue - I have saved and reloaded the game but still players will not join until 01/01/22 when trying to buy in the summer transfer window of 2021. (Enlglish Prem). I am using the same version as barneyman 21.2.0-1499632 (m.e v21.4.0.0). I have uploaded a file named - Darren Castle - Brentford.fm

Edited by DCastle

Hello, 

I am also having this problem. I started my save in the pre release beta. I already tried closing game and reloading without success (using  21.2.0-1499632 (m.e v21.4.0.0). What's the next step? I have uploaded the file to you under the name 'last save overwrite backup.fm' last accessed on 26/12/20 at 22:50

Edited by robkmoloney

Hello,

I am also having the same problem as above (next Transfer window in January 2022 instead of the usual summer transfer window in 2021). I started my save with the early beta access and am now also using 21.2.0-1499632 (m.e v21.4.0.0). I have uploaded the file to yourselves using the SI Cloud Service as instructed, with the file name "Scott Weedon - Chelsea.fm". 

Can you please advise how this issue can be resolved? Cheers, Scott

On 22/12/2020 at 14:35, Ben Kenney said:

Hi Reece, 

Would you be able to upload your save game to our cloud service and we will take a look. Details on how to upload a save can be found via the link below. 

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks for your help Ben, its much appreciated! I have uploaded the file under the name 'Jose Mourinho - Tottenham' (i have uploaded it twice by mistake). 

I see a lot more people commenting about the same problem now, so I hope this helps out.

All the best, Reece.

On 11/12/2020 at 18:06, Ben Kenney said:

Hi Charlie, 

Cheers,

Ben 

This worked for me, thank god! :brock:

Having the same issue as everyone above. I made it until June 11th 2021 until i realized. Goes without saying that not being able to make any signings kinda ruins the entire save.

I tried validating the Steam files, upon which 15 files worth about 900mb in total were reacquired. Didn't solve the problem though. :seagull:

I uploaded my save file called "June11th NoTransferWindow.fm". Also started the game during the beta. Hoping for a fast fix so I can continue playing. :onmehead:

Best,
akso

Hey,

I am experiencing the same issue. Im not completely sure if I created the save during beta, but I might have. I made 3-4 transfers before i noticed that they would not be arriving until 01.01.2022.

I have uploaded the file "Villains - bugged transfers.fm" to the cloud service.

I really hope you guys can fix it, would be a complete bummer if my whole christmas vacation has been wasted.

Hi, 

I have the identical issue, as Bournemouth just promoted to the Premier league end of first season have literally just played last game of season tried to sign a couple of players from abroad whose contracts expire 30-6-21 the earliest I can sign them is 1-1-21 same when I tried to sign Phil Jones exactly the same issue. Can't really continue withe the game as once loan players go back I will only have 17 players. 

Thanks 

Guys, I have just logged a support ticket with a link to this thread as a number of users having the same issue - and if your like me i want to get on with my game - i was seriously thinking about playing through the bug - but having just been promoted to the Prem - not advisable even though i have a fairly good squad already.

I will keep you updated once i get a response back from the support team.

In the auto response email it states they will try and respond within 24 hours of receipt.

Edited by DCastle

Hello,

I have the same problem, playing with version Football Manager 2021 v21.2.0-1499632.

The save was started in the Pre Release Beta. I have uploaded the file "Johan Haager - Arsenal.fm". In the transfer window in July 2021.

Hope it is a fast fix, thanks in advance :) 

Hi all,

The initial response I have got to the support ticket I raised:

This was an issue during the Beta, as you already mentioned, but fixed in the Main release. 

If you have a save game from before the registration window, if you re-load that and try again you should find teams correctly register players. Unfortunately if you don't have a save from before the registration you have to start a new career.

All 'new' career saves will not be affected by this issue occurring.

I have questioned the 'fix' of saving and reloading as I would have saved numerous of times (started this during the beta release and only just got to the transfer window).

I have gone back to ask if there is anything they can do as I do not want to start a new game. Looks like i won't get any new transfers in until Jan...:seagull:

I'm having exactly the same problem. Just got promoted with Oxford, but can't sign anyone end of contract who will actually join the club before 1/1/2022. It's a bit of a game-breaker. I also started playing with the beta version. Now version v21.2.0-1499632. This has NOT been fixed, and it's a pretty serious bug.

After going back with another question - saying i have saved and reloaded numerous times before reaching this transfer window and I still have the issue, and askig if there is anything they can do the response was not good i'm afraid - nothing they can do apart from start a new save.

To be honest never really had issues with games before but i'm not happy with this. 2 months playing (i'm not a regular player and work has been busy) down the drain for a fix they claimed to have fixed but obviously not and this thread is proof of that.

I will soldier on with my save as I really dont want to start again. I hate going over games again plus I won the Championship. So will try and make do with the squad I have got until Jan 2022.

If anyone gets any other answers then please let me know!

4 hours ago, DCastle said:

After going back with another question - saying i have saved and reloaded numerous times before reaching this transfer window and I still have the issue, and askig if there is anything they can do the response was not good i'm afraid - nothing they can do apart from start a new save.

To be honest never really had issues with games before but i'm not happy with this. 2 months playing (i'm not a regular player and work has been busy) down the drain for a fix they claimed to have fixed but obviously not and this thread is proof of that.

I will soldier on with my save as I really dont want to start again. I hate going over games again plus I won the Championship. So will try and make do with the squad I have got until Jan 2022.

If anyone gets any other answers then please let me know!

For whatever reason I had 3 transfers arranged for the summer window (done in- game in January), but when I try now (in April in the game) the January 2022 window is the only option. 
Curious if they told you whether the players will just land in the summer anyway...? Or whether this problem will continue forever..?

helps us decide whether to quit now or power through!

2 minutes ago, kk123 said:

For whatever reason I had 3 transfers arranged for the summer window (done in- game in January), but when I try now (in April in the game) the January 2022 window is the only option. 
Curious if they told you whether the players will just land in the summer anyway...? Or whether this problem will continue forever..?

They dont land in the summer. Doing a simulation until summer 2022 now to figure out if it continue

12 hours ago, kk123 said:

Not looking good is it. If the game continues to effectively miss out the summer transfer window then I don't see the point in soldering on. I'm going to play on and see what happens. It could take a while but i'll keep you updated.

I wonder why @Ben Kenney was asking for the files? I wonder if they can place a fix into the individual files because whatever fix they put in for the full release didn't work for our Saves. @Ben Kenney is there anything you guys can do - I know the support desk have told me there is nothing they can do but surely there must be something.

I know the numbers on this thread is not big in terms of overall users, but how many more could be potentially having the same issue and it's very frustrating to have a season go down the drain plus 7 weeks or so of casual gaming time!

Edited by DCastle

Ok guys....

Update and it's kinda good news!

I have played through until 25th June....I have already finalised some transfers (for Jan 01/01/2022 :mad:) but now (when the new season kicks in - actually registered as a Premier League team) I went checked to see if I could sign someone on a free and the contract start date came up as beginning of July 2021. So i put in a bid for a player ( Sam Byran - with no intention to finalise) and the contract start date (which was previously coming up as 01/01/2022) was now immediate. However it did say the player can't be registered for the prem until 01/01/2022.

So I saved and exited, reloaded...and if by magic...the warning has now disappeared and it looks like I can sign and register players immeadiately.

I'm not sure if i will finalise any signings right now as I have strengthed where I needed to...but if i do I will just confirm that it is all good.

So my tip would be to try and hold off on any signings until the 25th June, try and sign someone...if you get any warnings, save and exit and reload and hopefully it should clear any bugs. Strange that it wouldn't do it previously.

Let me know how it goes and good luck!

@Jordache91@Tarbz94@ChuxIsGood@Diego D10S@kk123@jajw@joaninho123@BLUEBOY1210@MorTangus@akso@Reece7@mrchan0209@rickavo@scottweedon@robkmoloney@barneyman@charliestalter97

Edited by DCastle

1 hour ago, DCastle said:

So my tip would be to try and hold off on any signings until the 25th June, try and sign someone...if you get any warnings, save and exit and reload and hopefully it should clear any bugs. Strange that it wouldn't do it previously.

@Jordache91@Tarbz94@ChuxIsGood@Diego D10S@kk123@jajw@joaninho123@BLUEBOY1210@MorTangus@akso@Reece7@mrchan0209@rickavo@scottweedon@robkmoloney@barneyman@charliestalter97

It looks like this tip works for me now as well. Previously it stated that a player were to be transfered 1/1/2020 although trying to sign when the summer window was open.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DCastle said:

Ok guys....

I have played through until 25th June....I have already finalised some transfers (for Jan 01/01/2022 :mad:) but now (when the new season kicks in - actually registered as a Premier League team) I went checked to see if I could sign someone on a free and the contract start date came up as beginning of July 2021. So i put in a bid for a player ( Sam Byran - with no intention to finalise) and the contract start date (which was previously coming up as 01/01/2022) was now immediate. However it did say the player can't be registered for the prem until 01/01/2022.

So I saved and exited, reloaded...and if by magic...the warning has now disappeared and it looks like I can sign and register players immeadiately.

I'm not sure if i will finalise any signings right now as I have strengthed where I needed to...but if i do I will just confirm that it is all good.

Worked for me too! Annoyingly had already finalised a few transfers for January but still got a little bit to spend this season! 

49 minutes ago, Tarbz94 said:

Worked for me too! Annoyingly had already finalised a few transfers for January but still got a little bit to spend this season! 

I have taken the save game i had sent to SI and reloaded it into my directory. Making the same signings but post 25th June. Hopefully they will sign straight away now rather than in Jan...

On 30/12/2020 at 10:53, DCastle said:

Ok guys....

This has also worked for me! Unfortunately in my case, the two players i wanted to sign have ended up signing for other teams so i have accepted my losses and will be starting a new save. Glad to know its working okay for others

• SI Staff

Hi Harry, 

This issue is present in the following scenario. 

- Save game started in PRB
- User in charge of English club
- Any transfer offer that is made and completed between the close of the January 2021 window and June 24th 2021,  will have a transfer completion date of 1/1/2022.
- Any transfer offer made after the 24th June 2021 will go through in the summer 2021 window
- If you are still seeing the warning on the 'Transfer Offer' page about players not being registered until 1/1/2002 after you have passed the 24th June 2021 then saving and reloading should resolve the issue. 
- This issue will only affect the period between the end of the January 2021 window and 24th June 2021, it should not affect any future seasons. 

Cheers,
Ben 

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

Hi @IncludeMe_Out

If you are still seeing the warning on the 'Transfer Offer' page about players not being registered until 1/1/2002 after you have passed the 24th June 2021 then saving and reloading should resolve the issue. 

Have you tried reloading your save game to see if this resolves the issue?

If it still doesn't, would you mind uploading your save game to our cloud so we can investigate the issue? Details on how to upload your save can be found here 

Cheers,

Julius

15 hours ago, Julius Flusfeder said:

Hi @IncludeMe_Out

Have you tried reloading your save game to see if this resolves the issue?

If it still doesn't, would you mind uploading your save game to our cloud so we can investigate the issue? Details on how to upload your save can be found here 

Cheers,

Julius

It is not working for me.  I've uploaded the file called Everton (v02).....

• SI Staff

Hey @Becanes

Afraid in that case it falls in to the slim criteria that results in this issue, listed below:

- Any transfer offer that is made and completed between the close of the January 2021 window and June 24th 2021,  will have a transfer completion date of 1/1/2022.
- Any transfer offer made after the 24th June 2021 will go through in the summer 2021 window
- If you are still seeing the warning on the 'Transfer Offer' page about players not being registered until 1/1/2002 after you have passed the 24th June 2021 then saving and reloading should resolve the issue. 
- This issue will only affect the period between the end of the January 2021 window and 24th June 2021, it should not affect any future seasons. 

When I loaded your save game I had no issue signing any subsequent players. So the issue shouldn't occur again. If you happen to have a save game from before you bid for Szoboszlai, you can wait until the 2021 Summer window opens and then you shouldn't have any trouble signing him. I hope that is helpful.

Cheers, 
Julius

23 minutes ago, Julius Flusfeder said:

Hey @Becanes

Afraid in that case it falls in to the slim criteria that results in this issue, listed below:

When I loaded your save game I had no issue signing any subsequent players. So the issue shouldn't occur again. If you happen to have a save game from before you bid for Szoboszlai, you can wait until the 2021 Summer window opens and then you shouldn't have any trouble signing him. I hope that is helpful.

Cheers, 
Julius

I'll check and see if I have one from far enough back.

54 minutes ago, Julius Flusfeder said:

Hey @Becanes

Cheers, 
Julius

So I found a save where I could cancel the offer before it was accepted.  I tried to resign Szoboszlai on June 9th because it actually says the transfer windows was open.  He doesn't want to join now.  Do you think if I wait until June 25th he will want to join?  Anyway you can zoom into the future and check that for me?

• SI Staff

The save game you uploaded has Szoboszlai already confirmed so afraid can't check for certain. It can take longer than a month for a player to want to join again. I'm sorry you've encountered this issue, my other suggestion would be to use the IGE (if you have it) to move Szoboszlai to your club immediately. 

7 minutes ago, Julius Flusfeder said:

The save game you uploaded has Szoboszlai already confirmed so afraid can't check for certain. It can take longer than a month for a player to want to join again. I'm sorry you've encountered this issue, my other suggestion would be to use the IGE (if you have it) to move Szoboszlai to your club immediately. 

Ok.  That was the next thing I was going to ask about.  If the in game editor could move the players (Eduard) as well to my team.  I will try to do that.