FM21, my facepack isnt working (macbook)

JNeves2001

Everything except my facepack isnt working, logos, kits, real name fix, all of that is working but the faces are not. I am currently using a MacBook, I put the facepack in Application Support->Sports Interactive->FM21->Created the "Graphics" Folder-> Inserted the Faceback from sortitoutsi. Any help?

vor 22 Stunden schrieb JNeves2001:

Everything except my facepack isnt working, logos, kits, real name fix, all of that is working but the faces are not. I am currently using a MacBook, I put the facepack in Application Support->Sports Interactive->FM21->Created the "Graphics" Folder-> Inserted the Faceback from sortitoutsi. Any help?

Try to put the two folders outside the main folder and load the skin again.

On 12/12/2020 at 19:39, reilly31 said:

Got a MacBook today and having the same problem. Kits and badges working fine. Just got blank faces on all players and staff.

On 12/12/2020 at 22:05, beanos36 said:

Yep, having the same issue. Downloaded DF11 megabuck. Normally works no issues on Mac but not this year. Place the folder within the graphics folder, clear cache, reload skin and still not picking them up in game

Hope we get an answer soon

vor 13 Stunden schrieb beanos36:

Anyone know how to sort this? Had a look around, but cant find anything to suggest why there is a problem

Could you trying to rename the folder to A-sortitoutsi, deleting cache and reloading the skin, please?

If that does not work, please try it again and rename the folder to Z-sortitoutsi.

6 hours ago, KUBI said:

Could you trying to rename the folder to A-sortitoutsi, deleting cache and reloading the skin, please?

If that does not work, please try it again and rename the folder to Z-sortitoutsi.

Thanks for the reply. Still not working I'm afraid. The config file is just over 10mb so I can't upload to show

vor 2 Minuten schrieb beanos36:

Thanks for the reply. Still not working I'm afraid. The config file is just over 10mb so I can't upload to show

I don't think it's an issue with the config file, as they all work well on iMacs and all player pictures are loaded. Because all the other graphics are displayed it could be an issue with the size of the folder. Does it work if  you load just a few player pictures or is it the same?

16 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I don't think it's an issue with the config file, as they all work well on iMacs and all player pictures are loaded. Because all the other graphics are displayed it could be an issue with the size of the folder. Does it work if  you load just a few player pictures or is it the same?

Think you could be right. The size of the folder is 16GB and the config file is 11MB. Think it's worth sourcing another facepack? Thanks

2 hours ago, beanos36 said:

I had to use another face pack in the end. just seems DF11 fact pack no longer works on Macs. The one I have now is actually larger as well

Sorry to hear you couldn't manage to make the DF11 facepack work on your end.

I must say that of course it is nonsense to say that DF11 facepack is not working on mac.

Of course it works.

Unfortunately our experience shows that mac users have more problems with correctly placing extra graphics in FM since the introduction of the Catalina version last year.

Windows is more user friendly for extra FM additions.

Edited by necjeff

1 minute ago, necjeff said:

Sorry to hear you couldn't manage to make the DF11 facepack work on your end.

I must say that of course it is nonsense to say that DF11 facepack is not working on mac.

Of course it works.

Didn't work for me and ive seen a few posts in regards to it not working on Macs. Feel free to advise as other facepacks work fine

2 minutes ago, necjeff said:

Why are there tons of mac users playing FM with DF11 faces?

Just don't say that it doesn't work in mac because it does.

No need to get defensive, chill out, haha. My point is the new DF11 doesnt seem to be fully compatible for Macs. I've tried 3 other facepacks and they all work flawlessly. DF11 doesnt. 

7 hours ago, beanos36 said:

No need to get defensive, chill out, haha. My point is the new DF11 doesnt seem to be fully compatible for Macs. I've tried 3 other facepacks and they all work flawlessly. DF11 doesnt. 

I don't chill out, because your comment is suggestive and therefore an insult to anyone working on DF11 faces.

Of course you can report your problem but you can't state that it is a problem that applies to all mac users like you do in some of your comments.

That's why i have a problem with the way you indicate that DF11 faces do not work on your mac.

DF11 faces certainly works on mac.

Hi guys, I have the same problem. I'm with Windows and all other graphics work (logos, trophies, stadiums, cities, kits) except my faces. I downloaded the face-out faces from the sortoutoutsi site, made a graphics folder, everything as every year, cleared the cache, reload the skin and it doesn't work. I ask for your help. Excuse my bad English.

3 hours ago, necjeff said:

I don't chill out, because your comment is suggestive and therefore an insult to anyone working on DF11 faces.

Of course you can report your problem but you can't state that it is a problem that applies to all mac users like you do in some of your comments.

That's why i have a problem with the way you indicate that DF11 faces do not work on your mac.

Not just my Mac. Calm yourself down. Bloody hell haha. So defensive and aggressive it’s unreal. Not a good look

Am 17.12.2020 um 10:56 schrieb necjeff:

Did you test the DF11 on a macbook? It seems there are problems on macbooks not on macs in general.

8 hours ago, KUBI said:

Did you test the DF11 on a macbook? It seems there are problems on macbooks not on macs in general.

Thanks for mentioning the difference.

Is it a known issue (fact) or is it something that can happen with macbooks once in a while?

Would love to have more information to help our users the best way.

On 19/12/2020 at 19:52, beanos36 said:

The cut out faces face pack. It’s on sortitoutsi site. It’s a large pack about 18GB. Really good though

For real bro? Thats the facepack that I am trying to put on the game, can you tell me all the steps that you made?

2 hours ago, JNeves2001 said:

For real bro? Thats the facepack that I am trying to put on the game, can you tell me all the steps that you made?

Extract the pics (I use the unarchiver software). Then place the entire folder in users/(your name)/public/sports interactive/football manager 2021/graphics

Once you've done that start the game, go into preferences and click on clear cache, then click reload skin. Should be fine then

14 hours ago, beanos36 said:

Extract the pics (I use the unarchiver software). Then place the entire folder in users/(your name)/public/sports interactive/football manager 2021/graphics

Once you've done that start the game, go into preferences and click on clear cache, then click reload skin. Should be fine then

Like this bro?

627139575_Capturadeecra2020-12-21as16_30_08.png.1c56cd9d858f58ee566059c177b8ef38.png

THEN,

1816406006_Capturadeecra2020-12-21as16_30_22.png.4427166984c58485dd98245333f13a05.png                                                

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 17/12/2020 at 11:04, t9ine ✞♛ said:

Hi guys, I have the same problem. I'm with Windows and all other graphics work (logos, trophies, stadiums, cities, kits) except my faces. I downloaded the face-out faces from the sortoutoutsi site, made a graphics folder, everything as every year, cleared the cache, reload the skin and it doesn't work. I ask for your help. Excuse my bad English.

same issue with the cut out facepack. logos and kits are ok, only the facepack doesn't load...

• 5 months later...

I've got a similar problem using the cut out faces only for me some show and some just won't.  There doesn't seem to be any correlation between those that don't either.  For example if I manually give faces to my youth intake newgens then maybe 6 will work and 5 won't.  All on the same config.  I've transferred the same files to my Windows PC and it works.  I'm at a loss  :confused:

• 3 months later...

Encountering same issue with most recent cutout facepack on MacBook Pro M1 Pro. I've checked the XML files and unique IDs in game. Some faces are loading while others just leave a blank image (not even a blacked out face image like the default game).