National identity in the game

Hello to everyone, 

Since I know that developers sometimes come here, I have a question about the distribution of nationalities in the game. It so happened that any player from Russia, or rather from the Russian FEDERATION, which includes a number of republics of the North Caucasus, and which, accordingly, have their own languages, cultures and surnames that differ from Russian , are always presented as one ethnic substance, that is, everyone is assigned a nationality - Russian. I do not suggest any radical changes, just adding to the "profile" section of nationalities (Ossetians, Circassians, Chechens, etc.) would be very good, in principle the same system with the Basques, they have Spanish citizenship, but there is a mention of nationality. Just even in the Russian national team plays Ossetians-Alan Dzagoev, and from the coach also Ossetians Stanislav Cherchesov, there are also national teams such as Alania FC (Ossetia), FC Akhmat (Chechnya), FC Anzhi (Dagestan). If necessary, I can throw off the list of Ossetian surnames so that regens also appear with the correct nationality.

Is there any chance of adding this small but significant enough for someone's detail?

Thank you for your understanding , I will wait for your respons e

Good point but it will be very hard to draw the line regarding how much detail that is justified to have represented in the game. When it comes to names, language knowledge, appearence and such data it eventually can come down to lable hundreds of thousands of actual human beings with ethnicites and stuff and that's questionable to keep record of.

In the Basque case it is relevant to have a Basque "nationality" represented in the database because of the importance and popularity of Athletic Club among Football Manager players. We need to have that club to function in a realistic way in the game. If there is a club in Chechnya that only allows Chechens in a similar way it's not as relevant to have represented in the database because my guess is that not many costumers buy Football Manager to play with that Chechen club.

Maybe this editor file will be of interest to you? I have not used it myself this year, so I do not know how it deals with Russia, but it is aimed to deal with exactly what you talk about here. Within what is possible within the game. I agree that it would be nice to take this sort of thing into account. 

And if it is not, maybe you can advise the creator on how to include different cultural groups within Russia. I think it is a splendid idea.

42 minutes ago, Vänsterback said:

Good point but it will be very hard to draw the line regarding how much detail that is justified to have represented in the game. When it comes to names, language knowledge, appearence and such data it eventually can come down to lable hundreds of thousands of actual human beings with ethnicites and stuff and that's questionable to keep record of.

In the Basque case it is relevant to have a Basque "nationality" represented in the database because of the importance and popularity of Athletic Club among Football Manager players. We need to have that club to function in a realistic way in the game. If there is a club in Chechnya that only allows Chechens in a similar way it's not as relevant to have represented in the database because my guess is that not many costumers buy Football Manager to play with that Chechen club.

Yeah, it is kind of sad, but i can understand your point. Thank you for answer