Did they used their best players during the Season? I once had a bug where a team mostly used their youth players

Edited by Daveincid
3 hours ago, Jammy613 said:

Guess it can happen. Leicester went down from Prem in 1st season on mine whilst winning Euro Cup and qualifying for Champions League. Strange. 

I had Leicester go down after the first season too, mostly because Vardy got injured for most of the season and so only scored 10 goals in the few matches he played in.

25 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

Where do i find that out?

Should be under League Stats -> Team Detailed

If it's not there (not sure if SI messed up, whether it's the skin I use or if I'm simply blind), you can go through Stats -> Team Overview after changing one of the tables to expected points.

30 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Should be under League Stats -> Team Detailed

If it's not there (not sure if SI messed up, whether it's the skin I use or if I'm simply blind), you can go through Stats -> Team Overview after changing one of the tables to expected points.

Cheers. Weird as considering this was 37 games into the season, they were still expected to get 52 points!!

image.thumb.png.84b8ae0b211244cf64aeb886a55b5b3a.png

40 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

Cheers. Weird as considering this was 37 games into the season, they were still expected to get 52 points!!

image.thumb.png.84b8ae0b211244cf64aeb886a55b5b3a.png

Expected Points is based on what they should have collected based on the xG data of their matches finished. According to xG, they had been the better team oftenly, but didn't take the points. This may suggest that there was some bad luck involved as well. Newcastle in 2011ish finished 5th place in the EPL (albeit with a suspicious Goal Difference of but +5), upon which they gave Pardew a lifetime contract. The next season they finished in the lower third again.

Expected Goals/Points analysis conducted by Brentford FC had suggested their actual performance hadn't actually changed; but their good fortune had gone. Papiss Cisse alone had a better chance conversion than Messi during that run (one that was unsustainable regardless of player).

Whilst I don't think FM is able to simulate such big swings, the above suggests that there is at least some significant bad and good luck involved throughout the seasons, which only evens out in the longer run.

Edited by Svenc
5 hours ago, Jammy613 said:

Guess it can happen. Leicester went down from Prem in 1st season on mine whilst winning Euro Cup and qualifying for Champions League. Strange. 

Crystal palace won Europa League, got relegated and then the following season played champions League from the championship in my save

Relegation candidates being very competitive (in my first season the last place had 25 points compared to the 37 Gala scored here in comparison) and then a goal drought for whatever reason. If everything falls into place in all the wrong ways bad things can happen.