Regular injuries

(Sorry I originally posted this in the wrong forum mobile rather than touch). This post is related to touch

I'm getting first team injuries, regular from training. Mostly by sprints.

I also get injuries in games. 

Right now, I have 6 first team players out with the lowest 6-8 weeks and when I hit continue, I start getting training injuries from sprints.

I'm at the point that I'm stopping the game and re-loading as it's taking away the realism, even then it's 1 in 4 re-loads that I don't get one.

I really don't want to be doing this, I took it at first and sucked it up but it doesn't look like it's going to stop so I have to manage it this way which I really don't like. My idea is to take any in games, and let the odd training one slip through on a more realistic basis.

Now it could be that my assistant manager is training them to hard but the report says otherwise and that everyone is enjoying training. Not sure if this is wrong or if the injury algorithm needs tuning?

Anyone else have issues with regular injuries?

• SI Staff

I'm afraid you don't give a lot of information which would be required to give an educated answer I'm afraid:

What club/league are you in?
Do you have physios?
What training level are the players on?

Generally speaking the higher up the leagues you go the more rigorous the matches and training will be and the more important physios will become in avoiding injuries.

27 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm afraid you don't give a lot of information which would be required to give an educated answer I'm afraid:

What club/league are you in?
Do you have physios?
What training level are the players on?

Generally speaking the higher up the leagues you go the more rigorous the matches and training will be and the more important physios will become in avoiding injuries.

Thanks Marc, I'm in the Budesliga 2nd div with Hamburg. I have a 3.5 star physio and my assistant manager is 2 star. I'm not sure what you mean by training level, my assistant does it but I can't see what box (Training focus) he uses as it doesn't show. From an individual perspective, the training rating is high. Highest is 9.35, average 8.35 some 7.55, 7.80's.

I believe I'm getting a lot of injuries, I worry every time I hit continue. If 3 or 4 days pass, it generally comes up with a first team player having an injury in training. 

Edited by Dozman

• SI Staff

'm not sure what you mean by training level, my assistant does it but I can't see what box (Training focus) he uses as it doesn't show

The intensity of the training for a player can be seen on their profiles training section - it should show the level the assistant is using for it, if you're getting a load of injuries then consider over-riding him and setting it lower for specific players who might be overly injury prone?

6 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

The intensity of the training for a player can be seen on their profiles training section - it should show the level the assistant is using for it, if you're getting a load of injuries then consider over-riding him and setting it lower for specific players who might be overly injury prone?

Thanks Marc, I'll check this out

Throughout my first season I had numerous injuries but only one was long term (ACL from a guy who had just recovered IRL) the rest were mostly just niggles that kept them from training for a few days.

Definitely seems that just leaving training to the assistant isn't really an option or if you do, you need to adjust the intensity for the players that have the most issues.

Will be adjusting intensity during season 2 to see how things change.