Defence errors

Hello guys, can you chcek my tactics and help me with my defence? I am playing 4231 formation, with 50-60% ball possesions in home matches, but at away matches it harder. What bothers me a lot is defence, because i score a lot of goals, but i concede a lot from counter attacks/throught ball. Thank you, and sorry for my english.

fm2.png

fm1.png

Your system in my opinion is very prone to getting countered because when you have the ball in the opposition's half only you CB are defending and it takes only one long ball for the opposition to create a scoring chance. If most teams play against you you could get away with it using OI to tight mark the striker although it's not a guarantee but you'll definitely concede less; however if they line up with 2 strikers or 2 strikers and an AM it would be more difficult. I'm not saying you should drop this entirely but you can play a bit more cautiously when you're like 2 goals up.

If I was to play more cautiously I'll drop the DLP to defend and if I wanted to keep the AP on attack I'll change the right FB to an IWB on defend so he hangs around there and he becomes an option to recycle possession. If you feel like the IWB on defend is not providing enough support you can ask him to overlap and it will drop the mentality of the winger and increase his mentality 

11 hours ago, Miko17 said:

fm3.png

Well, just take a look at your right flank/side - nobody is providing defensive cover for the attacking FB.

The left flank is not ideal either (with both wide players on attack duties), but there you at least have a holding CM in the form of the DLP.

And this pertains only to your defensive issues which you asked about in the title. However, the setup is far from optimal in the attacking sense as well. 

On 09/12/2020 at 00:02, Experienced Defender said:

Well, just take a look at your right flank/side - nobody is providing defensive cover for the attacking FB.

The left flank is not ideal either (with both wide players on attack duties), but there you at least have a holding CM in the form of the DLP.

And this pertains only to your defensive issues which you asked about in the title. However, the setup is far from optimal in the attacking sense as well. 

Thank you for your response, ill try to fix it. I know that my attacking instructions arent best, but it si working for now + its hard to setup because it is not well explained, i dont know what exact instrucion exactly do, if you know what i am trying to say. i want to high press to win ball, hold ball and be offensive.

So you have to compromise if you want a tight defence too, or you accept that an aggressive attacking system has its weaknesses.

This is a very aggressive system with a high line, pressing, only two defenders staying back and every other outfield player getting involved in attacks. You are going to concede goals.

Two Advanced Playmakers in a 4-2-3-1, I'm not surprised 

Bellingham isn't a centre midfielder in 4-2-3-1 system either, he an offensive midfielder, pretty sure he has gets forward whenever possible PPM too. You need two rock solid midfielders in there, one with solid defensive attributes & one being a defense & support type player, decent defensive attributes with good support attributes   

Edited by Johnny Ace

10 hours ago, Miko17 said:

Yes, because sometimes,against weaker teams i have like 50% possession. And i dont undestand it, mainly at home matches i have 60% possession. Maybe it is because "pass into space"?

You use not only pass into space but also extremely high tempo, and under a high-risk team mentality at that. Such a combo of instructions can hardly help with keeping possession.