Regular injuries

I'm getting first team injuries, regular from training. Mostly by sprints.

I also get injuries in games. 

Right now, I have 6 first team players out with the lowest 6-8 weeks and when I hit continue, I start getting training injuries from sprints.

I'm at the point that I'm stopping the game and re-loading as it's taking away the realism, even then it's 1 in 4 re-loads that I don't get one.

I really don't want to be doing this, I took it at first and sucked it up but it doesn't look like it's going to stop so I have to manage it this way which I really don't like. My idea is to take any in games, and let the odd training one slip through on a more realistic basis.

Now it could be that my assistant manager is training them to hard but the report says otherwise and that everyone is enjoying training. Not sure if this is wrong or if the injury algorithm needs tuning?

Anyone else have issues with regular injuries?

Is the fitness of your players good? It might be that you are playing them too often, players need a rest ofcourse. 

It might be that the assistant-trainer is training them too intense, you can change that. 

I also think injuries have been increased this year, injuries have been realistic for me. Maybe hire a fitness coach in your coaching staff and a prevention physio 

I agree that they seem more realistic now. Having a load of players out at the same time happens in real life a lot more than we think. Look at Liverpool this season. Or Man City with their strikers. 

Edited by passenger58
Typo

• SI Staff

With regards to injuries - 

• The higher the quality of the league you're playing in the more strain is placed on players and the more likely they are to get injured from matches/training (although in certain nations the lower leagues are more physical (ie. committed tackling) which offsets this slightly.
  • Physios are essential to keeping injuries under control in the upper levels - Rehab physios cut the duration of injuries, Prevention physios will prevent some injuries from actually occurring.
  • High Intensity training should be used with caution if you want a player to avoid injuries.
  • It is fairly normal during a season for a team to have at least a few injuries in their squad, this isn't a bug. If you're active in a lot of competitions (ie. Europe) then you will likely need a decent sized squad.

6 hours ago, passenger58 said:

I agree that they seem more realistic now. Having a load of players out at the same time happens in real life a lot more than we think. Look at Liverpool this season. Or Man City with their strikers. 

100% agree

6 hours ago, Dozman said:

I'm getting first team injuries, regular from training. Mostly by sprints.

I also get injuries in games. 

Right now, I have 6 first team players out with the lowest 6-8 weeks and when I hit continue, I start getting training injuries from sprints.

I'm at the point that I'm stopping the game and re-loading as it's taking away the realism, even then it's 1 in 4 re-loads that I don't get one.

I really don't want to be doing this, I took it at first and sucked it up but it doesn't look like it's going to stop so I have to manage it this way which I really don't like. My idea is to take any in games, and let the odd training one slip through on a more realistic basis.

Now it could be that my assistant manager is training them to hard but the report says otherwise and that everyone is enjoying training. Not sure if this is wrong or if the injury algorithm needs tuning?

Anyone else have issues with regular injuries?

Hi Dozman,

Short answer, getting injury’s in the game is normal, FM is trying to replicate - simulate real life remember.

If you think training could be at play here then I guess you could tweak that, but yes definitely all normal to have injury’s.

1 hour ago, ElliottMS said:

I delight at the odd injury - increases the challenge and can be the excuse to give a youngster a go.

I second that :)

I had one season where half my first teamers got longer injuries at roughly the same time, other than that I have felt that injuries have been very reasonable.

My players don't get injured that often, I am in 2022 and schedule is really tight due to Quatar WC and all..so I rotate more because I will rather drop points then run a hospital instead of a club, always check reports for injury prone players and sell them, nobody needs a slacker

• SI Staff

Do bear in mind that rotation helps a LOT with wear and tear - just bringing a player off for the last half hour of a match if you're playing several games back to back in a week can make a lot of difference ..

21 hours ago, Amigooo said:

My players don't get injured that often, I am in 2022 and schedule is really tight due to Quatar WC and all..so I rotate more because I will rather drop points then run a hospital instead of a club, always check reports for injury prone players and sell them, nobody needs a slacker

Haha 😆

21 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Do bear in mind that rotation helps a LOT with wear and tear - just bringing a player off for the last half hour of a match if you're playing several games back to back in a week can make a lot of difference ..

Ya, makes a huge difference, I love the whole taking key players off in the 75th - 80th minute, as long as I’m at least two clear goals ahead of course.

9 hours ago, ElliottMS said:

95% for me, led by the shade of green the game assigns for fitness from that number up.

I will start subbing players with condition of less than 80-85% (depending on how the game is going).

Ya same for me, 80% is the very lowest I like to go.

21 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Marc I just wanted to ask, is there any plans on introducing flu into FM mobile as an additional injury feature as I recall flu being in the early CM’s, not coronavirus of course I mean just casual flu and the risks of spreading it.

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, JohnyBruce said:

Marc I just wanted to ask, is there any plans on introducing flu into FM mobile as an additional injury feature as I recall flu being in the early CM’s, not coronavirus of course I mean just casual flu and the risks of spreading it.

Flu is already present in the game as one of the non-match injuries.