Mystery Player Appears in Squad List

SC00P0NE

As you can see in the screenshot, there's a greyed out mystery player in my squad list called Xavi Cid. He's apparently a home-grown player but has no contract with the club. He appeared around the 4th matchday of my first season in FM21. The only modifications I've added to the game are graphical ones, so I think it is unlikely that mods are responsible.

Untitled.thumb.png.2e343a1bba5a8b3508d725aaf886b048.png

Yes, ter Stegen is injured though, so Arnau Tenas from the youth team is currently on the bench as a backup in case Neto, ter Stegen's backup, gets injured, too. I should also mention that Iñaki Peña was the default third GK initially, when I started the game. When the squad registration came up though, I transferred the guy back to the B team because I was unsure about Peña's status at the time. The noteworthy thing here is that after I "kicked" him, he sort of disspeared from all lists, including the B squad's list, which is why I opted for Tenas from the youth team instead. Pena's back with the B squad now, I just checked, but back when I sent him there, it seemed to me as if I had to progress in time in order for the game to register the change that I have made to the squad.. Perhaps it's related to the appearance of the mystery keeper ??

2.thumb.png.57e8658f3489ff6c02d0d4baadbf8e5f.png

Edited by SC00P0NE

I think this is the game's way of making it possible to field matchday squad in case the player screwed something up. I am almost sure this is not a bug.

Edit: by player I mean of course the person who's playing the game :)

Edited by tkis