Direct free kicks seem to be broken

plg

Well, I have been playing for two seasons now, at Serie A in Italy, and it's been enough to conclude that direct free kicks are broken. I started to get suspicious after I signed a player with a 17 attribute for free kicks and he failed to score a single goal over a 30 game span. It could be bad luck, but then I went to check.

There hasn't been a single direct free kick goal over a little less than 2 seasons in Serie A. Not a single one, from a single team through the entire first season and now more than halfway into the second one. During my matches, whenever there is a free kick, the player either misses the mark or the keeper makes a save.

This is a bug, not a coincidence.

2020-12-07.png

48 minutes ago, plg said:

I take it nobody else is experiencing this? Now at two full seasons, and not a single goal from a free kick has been scored by any player, from any team in the Italian Serie A.

I have not scored any myself, but I see in the statistics that other teams scores in my savegames.

38 minutes ago, DiasV said:

I have not scored any myself, but I see in the statistics that other teams scores in my savegames.

I have talked to 4 other friends that have been playing quite heavily since launch and not one of them has scored a single goal from a free kick yet.

I wouldn't mind not scoring myself, free kick goals are actually increasingly uncommon in modern football. Two full Serie A seasons without a single goal from any player, from any team however is far form normal. It is specific to the league I manage in. Other leagues selected as playable do have a few goals, at least shown in the stats.

I'm moving on to the third season, and still there hasn't been a free kick goal in Serie A in more than 2 years. This is a bug, and it is a gamebreaking bug that absolutely ruins any feeling of realism. It's been 24 hours since I posted and I hope to get a reply from SI.

20 hours ago, plg said:

I take it nobody else is experiencing this?

I've just checked my game, and it is the same, 0 free kick goals in Serie A. And not just Serie A, but every league.

However, I distinctly remember one of my players scoring a free kick goal. And what do you know, he did score a free kick goal in a Serie A match. It looks like the stat board is bugged.

Edited by goranm

On 08/12/2020 at 16:07, goranm said:

I've just checked my game, and it is the same, 0 free kick goals in Serie A. And not just Serie A, but every league.

However, I distinctly remember one of my players scoring a free kick goal. And what do you know, he did score a free kick goal in a Serie A match. It looks like the stat board is bugged.

I can confirm this now. After 2 years, on the very first match that none of my set piece takers were available, a player with a 12 attribute for freee kicks was assigned and curled a marvelous kick into the top corner to win me the match. The stat board still shows no goals from free kicks in the league though, so that's where the bug is

On 08/12/2020 at 01:09, plg said:

I take it nobody else is experiencing this? Now at two full seasons, and not a single goal from a free kick has been scored by any player, from any team in the Italian Serie A.

Can't check stats at the moment, but I haven't scored nether a free kick nor a corner goal too. And the only dfk goal I've seen was against me

On 09/12/2020 at 15:52, plg said:

I can confirm this now. After 2 years, on the very first match that none of my set piece takers were available, a player with a 12 attribute for freee kicks was assigned and curled a marvelous kick into the top corner to win me the match. The stat board still shows no goals from free kicks in the league though, so that's where the bug is

This is not limited to just free kicks. The stat board is bugged and doesn't count most of the dribbles in ME, which results in absurdly low dribbles per game but if you actually watch it in ME the stat board doesn't like to count dribbles, even ones where the commentary literally says that a player just dribbled past another player.

The analytics are very bugged as well, and often doesn't match.

Edited by Obamayang

I have scored a few free kicks since the op, but none of them appeared on the stat board. It is a bug with the stat board, documented by more than a few players. Dear fellers at SI, please take a look at this!

• SI Staff
On 07/12/2020 at 16:09, plg said:

Well, I have been playing for two seasons now, at Serie A in Italy, and it's been enough to conclude that direct free kicks are broken. I started to get suspicious after I signed a player with a 17 attribute for free kicks and he failed to score a single goal over a 30 game span. It could be bad luck, but then I went to check.

There hasn't been a single direct free kick goal over a little less than 2 seasons in Serie A. Not a single one, from a single team through the entire first season and now more than halfway into the second one. During my matches, whenever there is a free kick, the player either misses the mark or the keeper makes a save.

This is a bug, not a coincidence.

2020-12-07.png

Apologies for the late response on this one. 

Could you upload your saved game please?

We will look at our internal stats also.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...