Absolutely No Idea Who To Manage

Hi Everyone

Please Help!!!

I played fm beta for 2 seasons as Bayern to have the satisfaction of winning, but now need to move on.

I did a save as Spurs but got bored after 1 season. Thought i would do much better than i did.

Please help me find another team to manage.

Ideally it would be a good team from a good league, but not the strongest team in the division

However, without exploit tactics and massive overachievement, this team could still challenge for leagues and cups.

It would be nice to develop some youth players and have some assets to sell if needed.

I was thinking:

FRANCE: Marseille, Monaco

PORTUGAL: Vitoria Guimaraes, Sporting Lisbon, Braga

ENGLAND: Arsenal

ITALY: Inter, Roma

But i also like the idea of the English Lower Leagues with a team to build through the divisions. A fallen giant so to speak.

Portsmouth, Bolton, Sunderland etc

I do prefer option 1, as i like to be a realistic challenger for the nations biggest competitions like the cups and even europe.

Im also not that good.

Please help with a suggestion for me.

I quite like Marseille

26 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

Hi Everyone

Please Help!!!

I played fm beta for 2 seasons as Bayern to have the satisfaction of winning, but now need to move on.

I did a save as Spurs but got bored after 1 season. Thought i would do much better than i did.

Please help me find another team to manage.

Ideally it would be a good team from a good league, but not the strongest team in the division

However, without exploit tactics and massive overachievement, this team could still challenge for leagues and cups.

It would be nice to develop some youth players and have some assets to sell if needed.

I was thinking:

FRANCE: Marseille, Monaco

PORTUGAL: Vitoria Guimaraes, Sporting Lisbon, Braga

ENGLAND: Arsenal

ITALY: Inter, Roma

But i also like the idea of the English Lower Leagues with a team to build through the divisions. A fallen giant so to speak.

Portsmouth, Bolton, Sunderland etc

I do prefer option 1, as i like to be a realistic challenger for the nations biggest competitions like the cups and even europe.

Im also not that good.

I quite like Marseille

Go with Marseille then. Do a few seasons with them and see how you feel.

I usually try replicate a club's real life transfer policy so Marseille usually mix in a few veterans with promising young players. Maybe a few South American players as well.

The problem i have with this game that makes it difficult to pick a team is.....

Knowing unless you are a top team youll lose a lot of games. 

It somehow doesnt feel like real life to me in the sense i kind of feel entitled to win because its a computer game.

How do i get over this?

Think i will go with either marseille or arsenal

3 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

The problem i have with this game that makes it difficult to pick a team is.....

Knowing unless you are a top team youll lose a lot of games. 

It somehow doesnt feel like real life to me in the sense i kind of feel entitled to win because its a computer game.

How do i get over this?

Think i will go with either marseille or arsenal

You'd get used to losing with the youth only challenge :thup:

6 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

You'd get used to losing with the youth only challenge :thup:

I cant just keep ducking out with the top teams because that in itself can get dull too.

Ive looked at the "impossoible challenges like russian teams who cant sign anyone but that would be misery i think.

I think maybe monaco or marseille is the one

I've got bored with the top clubs over the last few versions and have been playing more lower league saves. There is definitely more fun building a team from bottom to top. This year I've decided on a Europe tour starting in one of the lowest ranked countries and building by winning the top league in all available countries. First stop is  the Belarusian League (currently in the 2nd level division) which is giving an interesting challenge as in their 2nd Div you need to have 2 club youth players in the match day squad.

If I want to play as a random team, I load up all the leagues that I'd want in my game; say 12. I'd then number them one to 12, normally in alphabetical order. I'd then ask my missus to pick a number between 1 & 12. Say she picks 7 and that's Norway. Say there's 4 leagues in Norway. She has to pick between 1 & 4. She picks 2. I'm in the Norwegian 2nd division. There's 10 teams in that league. She picks between 1 & 10 and that's my team.

Then I can blame her when it doesn't work out!

Starting unemployed is always a good starting point. If started unemployed as Claudio Marchisio (ex-Juve and Zenit), started with continental pro licence and international continental player.

I've got the job at Besiktas, on the 6th of december 2020, who are in 12th place in the Turkish Süper Lig and out of Europe before the group stages..

Edited by BadAss88

On 07/12/2020 at 05:05, FMunderachiever said:

Hi Everyone

Please Help!!!

On 07/12/2020 at 05:05, FMunderachiever said:

I quite like Marseille

Sounds like you have your answer!

Marseille is one of my favorites clubs to manager over the years.  Also Hertha, Roma, Athletic Club, 

For what it's worth, I load every top division in Europe, start unemployed and holiday the first season until the beginning of June and then look to take over a club whose manager has left. My latest attempt at this method has seen me take over AEK Athens on FM20 and I'm really enjoying it.

It's actually quite a good way to experience new leagues, although I have managed in Greece before on FM18.