I’ve signed Papetti in the summer transfer window and I promised to loan him out. 
But during the season he has become a regular starter. But then in the January window he wants to be sold because I haven’t kept my promise?!?!?

This does not make sense at all since he play every single game and now he wants to be loaned out to a small club???

I have something similar i signed Odegaard and promised i would win a domestic cup.  In the season i won the premier league a higher reputation competition.  and now he wants to leave due to broken promise and will have to sell him.  I get that technically i didn't win the domestic cup but won a domestic league but i wasn't even able to talk to him about it.  

If i had won the league cup he would have been happy.  so this logic doesn't make sense as i can't think of any player in real life demanding to leave because his team won the premier league and not the league cup.

Edited by shogun

• SI Staff

Hi @ThomasHK1979

This is an issue we're aware of, he should be dropping the promise if he's played in every single game. Do you have a save before he gets unhappy in Jan that I can take a look at? Details on how to provide saves below

@shogun- do you have a save just before Odegaard gets unhappy? If you can upload this I can take a look in to it

Cheers
Russell

As an extension of this, I made a promise to strengthen my squad, after one of my senior players was upset.

The Promises page shows this promise as complete/succeeded, but on the Dynamics page, he's still upset (and has 22 of my other players on his side, cratering morale)

Edited by duff33

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Russell,

I only just realised the request have uploaded save now called "Ode"

For ref i played another season keeping Odegaard but he was unhappy the whole time even though i won the Club world championship, FA Cup, League Cup and came runner up in the Prem and Champions league.  

He was still unhappy so had to sell him and he went to Man C who finished 7th and 9th last two seasons and are not even a champions league team and have not won anything for 3 years.

Also can you explain what i have to do to meet the promise to "play youth players" I had to offer as my players were getting annoyed at me not offering promises but there is no information on what i actually have to do.  I like the idea of promises but at the moment its very frustrating as the game offers no help to understand the mechanic and i now have 5 key players waiting to see how i get on playing "hot prospects" however i don't know what a hot prospect is and can't find where this is defined?