Xbox one X - leagues

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, ZBOX said:

Hi 

Hoping someone can help me out here 

On the Xbox one X console are you restricted to a maximum of 5 leagues loaded ?

Cheers

Yes Xbox One are all 5 nations

Xbox Series S|X are 10

4 hours ago, EdL said:

Yes Xbox One are all 5 nations

Xbox Series S|X are 10

That's a shame, as the Xbox one X is surely more than capable

I understand the base original Xbox one model having limitations.

Really disappointed by this, tho not surprised at sports interactive

Going to just stick with the mobile version. At least that is still a solid version

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, ZBOX said:

Going to just stick with the mobile version. At least that is still a solid version

I'm a little confused by your comment - the mobile version has 4 nations active at a time, original Xbox One 5 and the newer models 10 .... which is a considerable step up from 4 on Football Manager Mobile.

Would you mind indicating which nations you would have wanted to have active to take the number above 10? (or do you just activate all the leagues you can?).

PS - Not a problem at all obviously as its your call entirely and err Football Manager Mobile is one of my oldest babies as far as games go at SI ... but I've recently adopted FMT and am trying to get a vibe for how people want to play it to ensure that mirrors where its heading.

Ok 

So there are these models of Xbox which football manager got released on 

Xbox one - original launch console 

Xbox one S 

Xbox one X - extremely powerful console at the time and a significant upgrade to the launch Xbox one

Then we now have 

Xbox one series S & X 

The Xbox one X in some aspects is more powerful than the Xbox one series S aswell 

So my point is surely the Xbox one X is capable of have the same version as the Xbox one series S ?? 

Regarding the mobile version, I actually think it's an incredible game and brilliant how we can have it on a mobile device.

And I know there is maximum limit of 4 nations (nice to have more) but I understand it's not possible with so many android devices and most importantly, the speed of the game on mobile should never be compromised in my opinion

Also I should add, the reason I asked the question in the first place is I don't own an Xbox 

And with it being virtually impossible to buy an Xbox one series S/X at the moment from a genuine retailer

I was considering buying an Xbox one X console and assumed it would of had the same football manager version to the Xbox one series S considering it is more powerful in some aspects 

Hopefully that makes sense

3 hours ago, ZBOX said:

Ok 

So there are these models of Xbox which football manager got released on 

Xbox one - original launch console 

Xbox one S 

Xbox one X - extremely powerful console at the time and a significant upgrade to the launch Xbox one

Then we now have 

Xbox one series S & X 

The Xbox one X in some aspects is more powerful than the Xbox one series S aswell 

So my point is surely the Xbox one X is capable of have the same version as the Xbox one series S ?? 

Regarding the mobile version, I actually think it's an incredible game and brilliant how we can have it on a mobile device.

And I know there is maximum limit of 4 nations (nice to have more) but I understand it's not possible with so many android devices and most importantly, the speed of the game on mobile should never be compromised in my opinion

Also I should add, the reason I asked the question in the first place is I don't own an Xbox 

And with it being virtually impossible to buy an Xbox one series S/X at the moment from a genuine retailer

I was considering buying an Xbox one X console and assumed it would of had the same football manager version to the Xbox one series S considering it is more powerful in some aspects 

Hopefully that makes sense

You do realise that the Xbox One and Xbox One X have almost the identical cpu. Don't confuse GPU power with a games ability to run a CPU heavy game. 

7 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm a little confused by your comment - the mobile version has 4 nations active at a time, original Xbox One 5 and the newer models 10 .... which is a considerable step up from 4 on Football Manager Mobile.

Would you mind indicating which nations you would have wanted to have active to take the number above 10? (or do you just activate all the leagues you can?).

PS - Not a problem at all obviously as its your call entirely and err Football Manager Mobile is one of my oldest babies as far as games go at SI ... but I've recently adopted FMT and am trying to get a vibe for how people want to play it to ensure that mirrors where its heading.

5 nations should be a minimum, you can load Europe's top 5.

6 would be even better as you could load europe top 5 + your home country.

How can you create a good save on iPads/Androids where we have 3 nation limit?

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, ZBOX said:

Yeah I can understand that - tbh the reasoning was that 10 nations encompasses nearly 99% of peoples setups for games on the PC/Mac FM releases and as such should be acceptable for the majority of people.

It may well have been possible to squeeze a few more out of the 'One X' but then we'd have had three different amounts of leagues and it was feared that this might be confusing to users (ie. they might not know what they were getting before they purchased the game).

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, CleverLime said:

5 nations should be a minimum, you can load Europe's top 5.

6 would be even better as you could load europe top 5 + your home country.

How can you create a good save on iPads/Androids where we have 3 nation limit?

Thanks for the explanation of what you are looking for.

Personally I don't think its 'essential' to have all the top leagues active - to explain why, I'll get a little geeky with how inactive leagues are handled in all FM games. For any inactive league we will simulate matches to ensure that players develop etc. realistically and give stats so users can make intelligent purchases. 

Any teams in such leagues who are large or involved in Europe will also undertake transfers and such as you would expect, so they stay competitive in their tournaments. 

Finally if there is such a club which can't acquire a full matchday squad (normally a smaller club in a league which isn't attractive to the players loaded) - we create special virtual (ie. grey named) players who are at the clubs expected competitive level to ensure their performance in tournaments is realistic.

So really unless you are planning on managing in a nation the benefit to the league being active is largely just adding a larger population of players to the game (which is nice and adds benefit obviously, but its not 'vital' imho). 

That being said I will see what can be done to up these limits somewhat in future versions of the iPad/Android products (ie. not this years game), no promises however as the FMT game is VERY heavy on memory in comparison to most mobile products.

• SI Staff

The technical reason for the decision is what has already been alluded to, the Xbox One X has a much better GPU than prior xboxs, but the CPU is barely an improvement and in our tests didn't help much, all Xbox one series consoles struggled with running more leagues.

The Series S meanwhile has a virtually identical CPU to the Series X which is in the region of 4x faster at running our match simulations.

Thanks Marc & EDL for your explanations

That makes sense and I understand your reasons, do appreciate you taking the time to explain it 

So in the meantime, I will carry on with FM on mobile, until I can purchase a Xbox one series S or X, hoping shops will get more stock soon 

Though as always, enjoying the mobile version - gets better every year :-) 

On 06/12/2020 at 16:11, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks for the explanation of what you are looking for.

Personally I don't think its 'essential' to have all the top leagues active - to explain why, I'll get a little geeky with how inactive leagues are handled in all FM games. For any inactive league we will simulate matches to ensure that players develop etc. realistically and give stats so users can make intelligent purchases. 

Any teams in such leagues who are large or involved in Europe will also undertake transfers and such as you would expect, so they stay competitive in their tournaments. 

Finally if there is such a club which can't acquire a full matchday squad (normally a smaller club in a league which isn't attractive to the players loaded) - we create special virtual (ie. grey named) players who are at the clubs expected competitive level to ensure their performance in tournaments is realistic.

So really unless you are planning on managing in a nation the benefit to the league being active is largely just adding a larger population of players to the game (which is nice and adds benefit obviously, but its not 'vital' imho). 

That being said I will see what can be done to up these limits somewhat in future versions of the iPad/Android products (ie. not this years game), no promises however as the FMT game is VERY heavy on memory in comparison to most mobile products.

Understandable. I would be ok with 4 leagues, as I don't usually load UK leagues. Last year there were save games with 100K players and more leagues (5, 10) that people were using on Android and iOS without issues.