Lower league tactics nightmare

Hey all,

I’ve never really be one for lower league but I thought for FM21 I’d play as my hometown team of Hereford FC.

Now the issue really is that I cannot get anything to work tactically in the Vanarama North. 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 DM, control/counter, positive/cautious.

Nothing seems to work all that really seems to happen is 1. I get battered for 90 minutes and lose 3-0 or I dominate for 90 minutes and lose to 1 half attempt by the opposition team or they get a draw in the last 10 minutes.

Does anyone have any advice on how to actually get a team to play in the lower league.

Note I’m not looking for help with a particular tactic as I don’t have one and I’m gonna restart the save and try again I just want some advice on how to play in the lower leagues 

2 hours ago, Zeonflux said:

Note I’m not looking for help with a particular tactic as I don’t have one and I’m gonna restart the save and try again I just want some advice on how to play in the lower leagues 

Perhaps the most useful thing to do would be to start a new save, try to work out what you want to play like, make an attempt at building a tactic that plays that way, post it, and then we can help you tackle the issues you come across, give advice and together try to get you going? 

Otherwise I fear you will end up having a huge bunch of info thrown at you from all sides which will not really help because there is too much.

2 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Perhaps the most useful thing to do would be to start a new save, try to work out what you want to play like, make an attempt at building a tactic that plays that way, post it, and then we can help you tackle the issues you come across, give advice and together try to get you going? 

Otherwise I fear you will end up having a huge bunch of info thrown at you from all sides which will not really help because there is too much.

I agree with this. That’s why the beta period for me is just taking a big team and try things out. I’ll play one season then pick another big team, try something different and play for one season