Club Reputation Not Changing

First of, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

After winning the Europa League, and then winning the Super Cup and qualifying for the Champions League the next season, my clubs reputation remains at 'National'. Anyone know why this is? I'm currently managing Espanyol. This is affecting what affiliate clubs i can partner with at them moment, The only ones i can partner with, are Spanish teams.

Also, i am unable too. expand my sta.dium as the facilities tab has disappeared since i fully upgraded my youth recruitment.

Any ideas whats gone wrong?

Thanks in advance. 

Football Manager 2021 05_12_2020 12_02_37.png

Football Manager 2021 05_12_2020 12_02_44.png

Edited by JAXFM

Reputation is, I think, an area that would benefit from a revamp.  The current system models long term (historic) reputation pretty well, but there is room for a short-term reputation/hype mechanic. So that clubs, players and managers that have 1 or 2 season hot-streaks get picked up by those susceptible to hype (a new hidden attribute?).

For example:

Manager gets back-to-back promotions or overachievements - hype susceptible chairman more likely to choose them over someone with lower long-term reputation.

Player has a form season (which may be down to the team around them or the way RNG has worked that season) - a hype susceptible manager could jump at them even though they are not that good based on a key stat for that  season like goals or assists.

Same idea with clubs that have an overachieving season and players wishing to join them.

I think it would do a couple of things - make the game world overall more dynamic as it would break the linear flow towards the big reputation clubs. You'd also end up with more managers and players who flop affecting both their career path and the clubs they join.

In this case a hype susceptible chairman would be more likely to gamble on the stadium expansion even though the manager is not long-term proven - which may lead to the club screwing up its finances if the gamble doesn't pay off - again a more dynamic game world as the seasons progress.

Also, if you can't expand your stadium anymore it's likely at full capacity and there is no more room for expansion. And if you want foreign clubs as affiliates, you have to select the appropriate option when requesting an affiliate club (as foreign and local clubs are two different options). If you get Spanish clubs, you've chosen the wrong one. 

17 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Also, if you can't expand your stadium anymore it's likely at full capacity and there is no more room for expansion. And if you want foreign clubs as affiliates, you have to select the appropriate option when requesting an affiliate club (as foreign and local clubs are two different options). If you get Spanish clubs, you've chosen the wrong one. 

I haven't expanded my stadium at all during my save. 40,000 capacity at the moment, but was only built in 2008, perhaps thats why?

22 hours ago, FrazT said:

Probably nothing has gone wrong- reputation is not an instant increase with success and is often measured over a rolling period of say 5 years- continue to succeed and the rep will go up but not in huge increases

Okay thanks. How about the issue of not being able too expand the stadium? I havent expanded the stadium at all during the save. And haven't saw the option too for a while now.

15 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I think from memory that you need to wait 25 years before the board will sanction an expansion.

Afaik that's for building a new stadium, expansion should still be possible in between, if there's room for it. I'm assuming there's not. Either that or the chairman doesn't even want to contemplate the idea.

4 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Afaik that's for building a new stadium, expansion should still be possible in between, if there's room for it. I'm assuming there's not. Either that or the chairman doesn't even want to contemplate the idea.

You are probably correct- I don't play the game for long enough to have ever come across either a new stadium or an expansion tbh.:)