Keeper ratings.

jc1

Is it just me but I notice that keepers have very low ratings again this year, I have a good Israeli internationalist keeper in Marciano who barely gets above 6.6, even though he's at the top of his game and one of the best keepers in the league.

Ratings have been reduced for every position. Two goals and an assist that would have been a comfortable 8.8 in FM20 or earlier are now as low as 7.4. Hattricks are around 8.5, and only very exceptional games are 9 or above.

Edited by goranm

46 minutes ago, goranm said:

Ratings have been reduced for every position. Two goals and an assist that would have been a comfortable 8.8 in FM20 or earlier are now as low as 7.4. Hattricks are around 8.5, and only very exceptional games are 9 or above.

I have my better players averaging around 7.5 but the keeper who had just 1 save to make in a game and nothing else to do got 6.5? and when  he does make 3-4 good saves he'll end up at 6.7, rather strange.

I've been looking at the goalkeeper analytics recently when they have mediocre ratings, and the only thing that makes sense is that goalkeepers, especially one in teams with quiet defenses who don't have a lot of saves to make, get dinged pretty hard on their pass completion, because there simply isn't much else to judge them on. (Combine this with GKs ignoring distribution instructions and well...) Also looks like their save percentage factors into it, and a clean sheet bump that only comes at the end of the match. This is purely observational, and I have no evidence this is factual, just the trends that I am seeing.