FM21.2 UPDATE. Counter Attacking 352. Liverpool 107 points +107 Goal Difference (135 league goals). Stockport back to back promotions.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 03/06/2021 at 15:12, Abaddon879 said:

Completely agree, after a short hiatus from the game, I resumed my Farnborough save and we dominated the Championship with a team and a budget that had no rights to win it's fourth back-to-back promotion as champions. Yet another record breaking season with the most clean sheets, most points, and very close to the most wins ever in the division.

Now to assemble a Premier League squad with a League One reputation...

Edit: So after making just 5 signings, my League One standard team managed to finish 4th in our first season. Had we not had our new-year wobble, we could have finished as high as second or third! Safe to say, if you can ensure morale within the squad, this tactic can overperform massively. So much so in fact that I'm now going to move away from it and transition the team into a more eye pleasing style of football.

So this tactic is not good looking football?

Just now, markv1 said:

So this tactic is not good looking football?

It depends on what style you enjoy. I find that this tends to be a more direct approach with an aggressive press and clinical attack, however I would ideally like a more possession based approach now that I am able to attract players with better ability.

As an example, in my Premier League campaign where I finished 4th with a newly promoted side, these were some of the key stats:

General
Avg Possession 46% (16th)
Yellow cards: 99 (1st)

Attack
Goals: 75 (4th)
Pass completion: 80% (20th)
Clear Cut Chances: 37 (1st)
Dribbles Made: 152 (2nd)
Possession Lost: 3305 (18th)

Defence
Conceded: 45 (3rd)
Fouls Made: 716 (1st)
Tackles Won: 995 (2nd)
Tackles Won Ratio: 75% (19th)

As you can see, it scores loads and concedes very few, however it does so at the expense of possession and is achieved through a very brutal style of football. Consistently topping the ill-discipline charts and committing the most fouls. It is a very physical way of playing, whereas I would like to transition us to a more technical and skilful style of play.

• 6 months later...

So I decided to give the original 107 + 107 tactic that is on the first post a go in FM22. This was one of my favourite tactics in FM21 before the final update seemed to ruin it. 

I am glad to say that it seems to be working quite well in FM22. I am currently managing Ipswich Town and have gained promotion from League One to the Championship. Currently in the second season and I am in 4th place in October so there is still plenty of time left to catch up the leaders and gain back to back promotions.

11 hours ago, Tompa27 said:

Still waiting on U Rosler to release first FM22 tactic so I can buy this years edition :p

Really? I'd given up posting, every possible tactical set up and formation seems to already be covered elsewhere, no room for little 'ol me anymore. 

7 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Really? I'd given up posting, every possible tactical set up and formation seems to already be covered elsewhere, no room for little 'ol me anymore. 

Ofc, been using them every year. Can't suddenly change tactic creator :D

Seems very few also does training, tactic and needed attributes for players in one package like you always did too!

10 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

I second that, Always keep an eye out for your stuff because it very rarely lets me down.

6 hours ago, Tompa27 said:

Ofc, been using them every year. Can't suddenly change tactic creator :D

Seems very few also does training, tactic and needed attributes for players in one package like you always did too!

I second this! 

There are a few other creators out there that gives you more than just a download link (jtaylor, Zaz etc) but I always find yours quite often suit my style of play

• 3 weeks later...

I'll echo other people sentiments, since I stopped creating my own tactics just purely from not having the time to look into all the details of it I always loved using your tactics, they had a solid reasoning and never seemed overpowered or unbelievable.

I'd love you to post whatever you've been using on FM22 and have a look at it, definitely my favorite tactics creator.

• 1 month later...