FM21.2 UPDATE. Counter Attacking 352. Liverpool 107 points +107 Goal Difference (135 league goals). Stockport back to back promotions.

Third season finished, and back to back to back promotions....All the way up to the Premier League!

This season was hard though, sneaked into the play off's with two games to go, scored a ridiculous amount of goals (And conceded a ridiculous amount!)

Top scorer was Ricky-Jade Jones, who scored a total of 36 goals.

We did also pick up a large amount of booking and red cards this season.

• No OI
  • No shouts used during the game
  • Assistant manager was doing the team talks

I have managed to do this with purely loans players and free transfers.

Now as shown below I have been given a massive war-chest to keep us in the Premier league

I have to give Rosler the greatest respect for this tactic :-)

BWFC CAp3.PNG

BWFC CAp2.PNG

BWFC Cap1.PNG

BWFC Cap4.PNG

BWFC CAp6.PNG

BWFC CAp5.PNG

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like this tactic and I have had some great success with it.

Took over Plymouth Argyle mid way through first season and managed to finish 16th which was a great finish to say they were bottom of the league when I took over. Second season I managed to win the league. Third season I was in 14th position in the championship but took over at Swansea City.

What I find with this tactic is that it seems to start slowly and I lose and draw a lot of games, then it seems to click and I start winning. It is a shame that it can be a bit inconsistent as I have just finished a match against Stoke City where I was 3-0 up and drew the game 3-3. This has happened quite a few times so would be great if we can find a way to tighten up the defence a bit more.

But this tactic is the best that I have used and I have tried the strikerless tactics that seem to be all the rage this year with no success, tried knaps tactics and they don't seem to work for me either. This tactic does work if you stick with it but it just needs a bit of tweaking to hopefully make it a bit better.

First season in Premier league.

We finished 8th, after media prediction of finishing bottom of the league.

• No OI
  • No shouts used during the game
  • Assistant manager was doing the team talks

I did take some hammerings though:

9-0 Away Loss against Man Utd

7-1 Home loss against Man City

BWFC Prem2.PNG

BWFC Prem1.PNG

On 08/02/2021 at 14:07, gooders11 said:

I'm going to give this a try in my new Leyton Orient save. For tough away games did you still keep the mentality on attacking?

Hi mate, 

I changed nothing at all, straight plug and play.

I may try  that against the top 6 teams this season, although I have just gone to Anfield and lost only 1-0 on Attacking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2021 at 17:49, mjcr3529 said:

Hi mate, 

I changed nothing at all, straight plug and play.

I may try  that against the top 6 teams this season, although I have just gone to Anfield and lost only 1-0 on Attacking.

Hi pal

As a massive Bolton fan, well done on your achievements! Am about to start a Bolton save using this tactic.  Please could you upload your transfers from the first season (at least) as I will need all the help I can get!  If you could say which ones were particularly helpful and which ones you wouldn't have signed in hindsight, that would be great! Thank you. 

Do you allow whoever wants to put it on fmbase/fmarena for testing? (you sholud do it but I'm just offering my help) :D

Meanwhile it needs some tweaks on defensive setpieces :)

Edited by klaasjan
ext

It does seem to be less effective since the update, but a lot of people are saying there hasn't been any changes to the match engine. All I have noticed is that it is not as strong as it used to be. It's a shame as this was a great tactic before and I had a lot of success with it. Maybe @Mr U Rosler will create a new tactic for the update

I'm still having great sucess with the tactic, 2nd season in the prem with Sunderland and just got into champions league, strange because last season i seemed to struggle a bit and barely kept a clean sheet but this year its been amazing. Adam Idah and Niall Ennis run riot with this tactic

Looks like I wasn't patient enough. Won 7 straight games with Southend in League 2 playing some good football. Seems to be back to what I remember before the update so hopefully it was just a slow starter and I can carry on winning games

Greetings all,

I've had a short break from FM, now i'm back after the final update, i'll review this with fresh eyes and see where we are and whether some tweaks are needed.

Thanks for the continued feedback.

Hi guys, 

Hi @Mr U Rosler

Apologies I have not updated for a while, had a issue with my laptop and lost everything 😥😥

Managed to get one from my brother who has a shiny new laptop from work, so he has borrowed me his until I get a brand new one.

I will be starting again and will be using this tactic (Of Course!) I hope the new update has not messed the tactic up.

If it is okay with you @Mr U RoslerI will update once I have finished a new season... It wont be with my beloved BWFC but I may try and start in another nation.

30 minutes ago, mjcr3529 said:

Hi guys, 

Hi @Mr U Rosler

Apologies I have not updated for a while, had a issue with my laptop and lost everything 😥😥

Managed to get one from my brother who has a shiny new laptop from work, so he has borrowed me his until I get a brand new one.

I will be starting again and will be using this tactic (Of Course!) I hope the new update has not messed the tactic up.

If it is okay with you @Mr U RoslerI will update once I have finished a new season... It wont be with my beloved BWFC but I may try and start in another nation.

Go for it.

I have a flat 4132 which is picking up more points, i'll post it up tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Go for it.

I have a flat 4132 which is picking up more points, i'll post it up tomorrow.

This popped up just as I was about t choose my team and start my season haha! now I am thinking I should wait

Edited by mjcr3529

OK,

As promised the 4132 i'm currently using.

Any half decent tactic can get low 90's points with Liverpool but goal difference is typically around plus 70.

Managed to squeeze a bit more out of it here.

Probably not worth a new thread, will see how it goes.

NO OI'S

WINGBACKS TAKE CORNERS

4132 96p 87gd.fmf

20210314094911_1.jpg

20210314094940_1.jpg

Edited by Mr U Rosler

Looks like the final update has been released. Says that long throws have been tweaked so the throw in the original tactic could be less effective. I am yet to update as I am almost at the end of my first season with AFC Fylde and top of the table. Will probably update once the season is finished and then hopefully the original tactic will still be good.

1 hour ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Looks like the final update has been released. Says that long throws have been tweaked so the throw in the original tactic could be less effective. I am yet to update as I am almost at the end of my first season with AFC Fylde and top of the table. Will probably update once the season is finished and then hopefully the original tactic will still be good.

Wasn't expecting another ME update.

Will put on a short throw-in routine and re-run the test.

On 16/03/2021 at 13:26, Mr U Rosler said:

Wasn't expecting another ME update.

Will put on a short throw-in routine and re-run the test.

What is Your opinion about new 4132 tactic  under new patch? I got slightly worst results than before but it could be just randomness of the game, not sure now to continue my save or wait for Your update.

12 hours ago, Black Africa said:

What is Your opinion about new 4132 tactic  under new patch? I got slightly worst results than before but it could be just randomness of the game, not sure now to continue my save or wait for Your update.

More points, less goals.

its playing out fine, but i'd like the goals back.

Working until Sunday but will tweak then. I ran this test a few times and the Goal Difference was usually 70 plus.

20210319070524_1.thumb.jpg.026e4af8a5f246eae5a6ed75bd5e101a.jpg

Edited by Mr U Rosler

2 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

More points, less goals.

its playing out fine, but i'd like the goals back.

Working until Sunday but will tweak then. I ran this test a few times and the Goal Difference was usually 70 plus.

20210319070524_1.thumb.jpg.026e4af8a5f246eae5a6ed75bd5e101a.jpg

And have You change anything about set pieces and throw ins?

I still do OK with the original.  My only issue is the amount of cards I get and just that I struggle to get any of the cms or the dlp to play well. I feel like I sign the right sorts of players but they never perform. Any one signed anyone who's really flourished in those roles? 

I've just finished the season and like you my midfielders have had a very bang average season. Struggling to get a tune out of any of them. That said finished 10th in my first season in the Prem with Bolton. 

Torn between spending this transfer window setting the squad up for the new 442 or sticking with this formation. 

24 minutes ago, jinxwhitsmith said:

I've just finished the season and like you my midfielders have had a very bang average season. Struggling to get a tune out of any of them. That said finished 10th in my first season in the Prem with Bolton. 

Torn between spending this transfer window setting the squad up for the new 442 or sticking with this formation. 

I done well with Bolton but then moved on to Cardiff where I won promotion to the prem. I managed to sign guendouzi from arsenal who seemed perfect for the midfield roles yet he's barely getting about 6.4 every week. Im in the same boat as you I think I'll get to the end of the season with a likely mid table finish and then start working towards using the 442.

30 minutes ago, jinxwhitsmith said:

Stuck with it for another season, can't face re building the squad and so far I'm 5th after 12 games and finally seeing some really good performances from my midfield 3 of Guendouzi, Travis and Olise. 

Guendouzi has been a car crash of a signing for me. Thought I was getting a bargain for around 10 million. Looked like he would suit both the mezz and dlp roles but has really struggled and is racking up cards for fun! 

• 1 month later...

On 04/04/2021 at 10:14, jinxwhitsmith said:

2nd season in the prem with Bolton and finished 4th. Fair to say this still works folks!!

Completely agree, after a short hiatus from the game, I resumed my Farnborough save and we dominated the Championship with a team and a budget that had no rights to win it's fourth back-to-back promotion as champions. Yet another record breaking season with the most clean sheets, most points, and very close to the most wins ever in the division.

Now to assemble a Premier League squad with a League One reputation...

Edit: So after making just 5 signings, my League One standard team managed to finish 4th in our first season. Had we not had our new-year wobble, we could have finished as high as second or third! Safe to say, if you can ensure morale within the squad, this tactic can overperform massively. So much so in fact that I'm now going to move away from it and transition the team into a more eye pleasing style of football.

Edited by Abaddon879

It is interesting that this tactic is still working. Had a lot of success with this tactic early in the new year. I managed to win the Champions League with Red Bull Salzburg, and had a lot of success with Plymouth and Swansea. I think I'll have to try this one out again as I have really struggled since the March updates to find a tactic that is consistent like this one was.

6 minutes ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

It is interesting that this tactic is still working. Had a lot of success with this tactic early in the new year. I managed to win the Champions League with Red Bull Salzburg, and had a lot of success with Plymouth and Swansea. I think I'll have to try this one out again as I have really struggled since the March updates to find a tactic that is consistent like this one was.

I've seen no drop off in terms of results post update. It is crucial to maintain morale however. If that drops even slightly, it can ruin your season. I am constantly praising training and performances to keep the players happy. As with in real life, if you can maintain good morale throughout the squad, an average set of players can go on to dominate.