Created Player Sign Up/Discussion thread.

It does makes sense. I'll try that. Back to the editor.

Just realisedI should have been at uni half an hour ago. Opps. :D

Edit: I'm a idiot. I've just realised all the test I've done have the main attributes I picked set at 20 not 15. Thats why it looks so bad.

haha i wondered why some of those physical stats were so high, and uni at this time?!

He looks better than mine did. I set DeNiro's nationality as American and Italian.

I've sent him back to Blyth with his corrected attributes to see how that looks. He still has a CA of 100 though.

Blyth

Its gone back to being bad again.

haha i wondered why some of those physical stats were so high, and uni at this time?!

On wednesdays I have uni at 10am till 1pm then 6pm till 8pm. I have another 6 to 8 lecture tomorrow as well.

Right I got annoyed so I created this guy with a CA of 200 to see what would happen.

Screenie

So it is possible to have good attributes at random. I've also just remember I had this problem with my last sign up and ended up setting the CA at 120 to start off with. So I'm going to try that.

On wednesdays I have uni at 10am till 1pm then 6pm till 8pm. I have another 6 to 8 lecture tomorrow as well.

Ouch, thats got to be annoying.

Ok so i've just messing about with this and i've done two different things. First we have Bruce Willis, he has a been given 14 in every category you suggested, he also has a 14 for important matches and 10 for injury proneness. I left his CA blank and just gave him a 200 PA. Looking at his CA upon starting the game it is 119, he seems to have a good mix of stats.

brucewillis4xv7.png

Secondly there is Bruce Willis2, he was give a 14 in the strikers main categories like above but he was also given a CA of 100, PA 200. Starting the game his actual PA is 96 but I guess that close enough, he also seems to have a pretty decent mix of stats.

brucewillis2wo2.png

I like the look of this one. His main attribrutes have been knocked down a little bit too much though.

CA120

I think this is proberlies the best CA to start at as the attributes are well balanced altough he will have to go to a Championship/league 1 side.

120 does look decent.

If he started unemployed do you reckon he would move straight to a big club??

I think lowering the main attributes to 14 does make a difference. That might have to be how we go. I'll try making 1 now.

Tom: Its completely random. The low reputations that will be set will stop this from happening but he will likely be picked up by a club.

Edit: actually the level of club picked at the start seems to affect attributes so starting unemployed would not be an option. However you could start at the club chosen but when you create him there you can give him a short contract (2-3 weeks) and just realease him.

Sample Opening post for real thread

The Failed Actor Challenge/Sign Up

Actors. They strut around on our screens pretending they own the world but what would happen if they had decided to become footballers rather than thespians. Would Clint Eastwood still be a tough guy? Would Adam Sandler bounce around the pitch spouting inanities? Would you like to find out?

This will involve creating a striker on your own computer and telling us about his progress. There will be a set template for you to follow when creating your player but you will be allowed some freedom when making him. However how you play the game is up to you. You can control every club he will play for or you can holiday his entire career. There will be a scoring system that everyone will use to decide who is the most successful as well as a Hall of Fame for the truly great players.

What do you think?

Sample Opening post for real thread

The Failed Actor Challenge/Sign Up

Actors. They strut around on our screens pretending they own the world but what would happen if they had decided to become footballers rather than thespians. Would Clint Eastwood still be a tough guy? Would Adam Sandler bounce around the pitch spouting inanities? Would you like to find out?

This will involve creating a striker on your own computer and telling us about his progress. There will be a set template for you to follow when creating your player but you will be allowed some freedom when making him. However how you play the game is up to you. You can control every club he will play for or you can holiday his entire career. There will be a scoring system that everyone will use to decide who is the most successful as well as a Hall of Fame for the truly great players.

What do you think?

Sounds great mate, just wondering what you mean by the word "inanities"? But apart from that, i'm quite excited this is gonna be a wicked challenge.

Plus, Blowcrapup I still havn't got 09 so I was wondering what to do?

Shall I do it on 08 or what?

I should get 09 releatively soon but I'm not sure.

Yeah there shoudn't be too much difference.

On that note what club does everyone think we should start at? I think for having a CA of 120 the BSS/BSN and BSP are too low. In fact League 2 is proberlies too low.

Do you mean profanities?

And do you reckon league 1 would be good enough for this?

If you ever watch an Adam Sandler film he comes out with one liners (jokes) quite often. Thats what I meant. He does swear a bit but it means more he jokes quite often.

From dictionary.com

1.lack of sense, significance, or ideas; silliness.

A 120 CA player would be good in League 1 but if he was in League 2 he would have been too good. If he was lower than that he would destroy everything.

A further expansion on the opening post including new rules:

You may join this challenge at any time and can redo it many times as you want as well. However you may only have one player on the go at a time but you may declare him retired at any point. Once a name has been chosen it cannot be used again. You must provide a screenshot at the start of the player’s career and you must give a screenshot to claim any points.

A further expansion on the opening post including new rules:

You may join this challenge at any time and can redo it many times as you want as well. However you may only have one player on the go at a time but you may declare him retired at any point. Once a name has been chosen it cannot be used again. You must provide a screenshot at the start of the player’s career and you must give a screenshot to claim any points.

yeh thats all good mate

Number 13 is MK Dons.

Thats a decent team. A good start for our player. Whats everyones thoughts on that?

great choice, i'm good with that as long as everyone else is?

Right then I think we're set. I have a few things to sort out (mainly getting things re-typed for clarity, making league table etc.) so should be ready to go tomorrow. Hopefully by dinner time but I might be going Xmas shopping so it could not go up until the night. Are there any last ideas/suggestions?

Edit: If I haven't posted the actual thread or any new ideas I may come up with (which will be in here) by 1pm tomorrow then it is ok for you to create your players if you haven't done so already.

Archived