Battery drain ?

steste

Yestarday I played 2 hours and my battery moved from 100% to 16%. Thing that never happened with fmt20 or with other application. 
Am I alone in this case?

Playing on ipad pro 2018. 

Just to chime in on this, I am on iPad Air 4, and I seem to be getting around 5 hours of gameplay with full battery. I am new to this, so I am not quite sure what to expect from battery life when it comes to gaming, but essentially it drains twice as fast compared to other tasks.

The battery on my iPad Pro 2020 seems fine under FMT21. I’m really concerned that the undoubted quality of the new game will be compromised to account for weaker batteries. Perhaps (and I don’t want to use this word) a tiered system will work best. So higher spec tablets get full graphics etc. Those with older machines, can choose a less intensive ME/ graphics?

18 minutes ago, steam just is said:

The battery on my iPad Pro 2020 seems fine under FMT21. I’m really concerned that the undoubted quality of the new game will be compromised to account for weaker batteries. Perhaps (and I don’t want to use this word) a tiered system will work best. So higher spec tablets get full graphics etc. Those with older machines, can choose a less intensive ME/ graphics?

I’m also using an iPad Pro 2020 (11”) with FMT21 and having a completely different experience when it comes to battery drain. I posted about it yesterday here: https://community.sigames.com/topic/542492-extreme-battery-drain/

Does your device get extremely hot when viewing matches in 3D? Have you checked how many % your battery drains during a match? Weird to see such a different behaviour on the same device.

3 hours ago, SeanMo said:

I’m also using an iPad Pro 2020 (11”) with FMT21 and having a completely different experience when it comes to battery drain. I posted about it yesterday here: https://community.sigames.com/topic/542492-extreme-battery-drain/

Does your device get extremely hot when viewing matches in 3D? Have you checked how many % your battery drains during a match? Weird to see such a different behaviour on the same device.

Yh really weird. Heats a little but nothing close to excessive and battery drain slightly higher than last year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/12/2020 at 17:13, Harry Dunning said:

Hi @steste & @StuartMurray,

Thanks for raising this is an issue and thankyou for providing your device @steste - could i ask which device you are using @StuartMurray? this will now be reviewed by our dev team.

Thanks,

Harry

Experiencing the same on iPad Air 3. The battery drains heavy when in matches only . 13% per game 2D0E0CCC-6740-4D96-BC59-F72DF693E2E4.thumb.jpeg.ab415176492376ef35b933fcfb112c58.jpeg

1DE36528-5E47-4E12-B147-6A28D2F303EF.jpeg

Edited by zakbrown96

• 2 weeks later...

@Neil Brock@Harrison Modeste Are we going to have updates to this issue here? Losing 10-15% a match is not a good metric. Loaded up FMT20 to compare and lose about 3% a match. This also cause the iPad to be extremely hot for no reason. Which is harming my battery status in the long run.

iPad Pro 2018 11’. Please tell us something

Edited by João14

Hi Guys,

Thanks for contacting us and apologies on the delay here.

This is something we are reviewing and are looking to iron out for a future update - thanks for all the info here as its very helpful and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Cheers,

Harry

@Harry Dunning I know that as a developer myself, but even though i get that we could have a bit some extra battery drain this year due to extra features, I find it odd that it occurs only on matches. 3D or 2D or Text Only. Other than that the game is perfectly fine and normal. 

And i would say the device running super hot may be a bit more worrying since I don't use a cover when playing, just the device and holding it while on a match is very uncomfortable :p.

Thanks though, this should be enough until we get another update. It's reassuring to know you're still dealing with this and was not forgotten. Cheers