Use Attribute-thresholds but hide the specific values

sebastian_starttrbts

Good morning,

I managed to create a little icon in the player attributes panel indicating whether the respective attribute is above a certain threshold, depending on the values I determine in the custom skin colour-section. Unfortunately the values are still shown on top of the icon and I'm not that sure how to use the value for the colour of my icon, but to hide them in game. 

Is there any command to enter in:

<!-- Attribute value -->

<record index="2" id="val " sort_disabled="true" column_alignment="centre" right="8">

<record id="widget_info" class="attribute_label" appearance="(...)" alignment="right,centre_y" multiline="false"/>

</record>

... to hide the exact values?

Or maybe to change the order these commands are displayed? With the attribute value behind my icon I guess I could use a small font to make them non-observable.

Thanks a lot in advance

Is it possible to reduce the attribute text size to 0, so that it no longer shows?  That's how it was done on FM20 afaik...

Open any file in the players folder with attribute in it and add the following line...

<record id="widget_info" class="attribute_label" alignment="right,centre_y" size="0" style="semi_bold" multiline="false"/>  

hace 8 minutos, Fritzle_1893 dijo:

Great, it worked :)

I tried to resize the font before, but it seems I had to resize it first and then add my icon via appearance="(...)".

Thank you :)

Could you share a screen of how you made it look in-game? I might be interested in getting those panels/xml files to hide the attributes myself while still having some visual clue of what a player is good at!

16 minutes ago, okereke said:

Could you share a screen of how you made it look in-game? I might be interested in getting those panels/xml files to hide the attributes myself while still having some visual clue of what a player is good at!

Of course, here you go. I'm still trying to figure out whether I prefer this view with the customisable colours depending on the attribute value, or if I'd rather choose a presentation with 1-5 stars. But I guess 1-5 stars could be as detailed as the number-values, so there would be not that much gain in realism.

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 11.44.54.png

Edited by Fritzle_1893
Add some thoughts

hace 41 minutos, Fritzle_1893 dijo:

Of course, here you go. I'm still trying to figure out whether I prefer this view with the customisable colours depending on the attribute value, or if I'd rather choose a presentation with 1-5 stars. But I guess 1-5 stars could be as detailed as the number-values, so there would be not that much gain in realism.

That looks crazy great and I'd love how to apply it to the/my skins if possible. Thanks a ton!

5 minutes ago, okereke said:

That looks crazy great and I'd love how to apply it to the/my skins if possible. Thanks a ton!

I still have to work on the other attribute-panels to have a consistent star design instead of numeric values, for example in the scouting section. Since this is the first time I try to create a skin for Football Manager, it may take some additional time until it is fully applicable. But thanks to the Skinning Hideout section here, it is a lot of fun. :)

6 minutes ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

I still have to work on the other attribute-panels to have a consistent star design instead of numeric values, for example in the scouting section. Since this is the first time I try to create a skin for Football Manager, it may take some additional time until it is fully applicable. But thanks to the Skinning Hideout section here, it is a lot of fun. :)

Looks really nice this with the stars, it's how I'm looking to play the game this year (1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20 attribute ranges), so I'd be interested in this as well when you get it working.

1 hour ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

Please share the files when you've finished :).  I only buy the new FM game once a skin is released that hides exact attribute values, so this looks perfect.

Great work!

19 minutes ago, Erimus1876 said:

Please share the files when you've finished :).  I only buy the new FM game once a skin is released that hides exact attribute values, so this looks perfect.

Great work!

I'm still facing some issues I have to work on. For example not showing a star, when a player isn't scouted at all. While in the default skin there is just a "-" my skin shows a grey star at the moment. So I have to figure out first, how to work on that and some other topics.

*Work in progress* Here's another teaser on my non-numeric attribute-skin, based on the default version. Thanks to the Skinning Hideout I made some progress the last few days :)

Unfortunately I'm still facing some issues I have to work on, before "beta-testing" this skin-version in-game:

- replace attributes in different views: For some panels it might be an option to delete the attribute-view at all, because FM knows the true numeric value and would rank the players according to their attribute value and not only to the threshold adjusted in the custom skin colour section. However in tactics/Set Pieces/Set Piece Takers for example at least a rough estimation of the Players`quality would be quite useful, so deleting this view is not an option.

- overhaul player- and staff search

- don't show stars when an attribute isn't scouted: in the default skin, there is a (-) displayed, while my version shows a star, although the attribute isn't scouted yet...

- replace attribute octagon in player/comparison/overview with statistical coach report

EDIT: Made some progress today :)

Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 12.29.50.jpg

Edited by Fritzle_1893
New progress :)

45 minutes ago, lukavski said:

This option is game-changing. The game is going to be so much better...

Thanks a lot.

I hope it can contribute to this awesome football simulation. And with the statistical data added in FM21, team management could base to a huge extent on statistical values and the performance on the pitch instead of pure attribute values. :)

But there are still issues to work on...

Edited by Fritzle_1893

Here's some new progress concerning player search and scouting:

Since I would like to focus in my team management progress more on statistical data than on attribute values, I made the advanced player search the first option appearing when opening player search in the scouting menu. Quick search is still there, but my work on an non-numerical attribute skin made me appreciate the advanced player search a lot. 

In my example I was looking for a new centre back. I chose some statistical values I considered important for this position: tackle completion ratio, headers won ratio, pass completion ratio and (no) mistakes leading to a goal, given the player has made at least five appearances this season. In combination with some additional filters on height and age, I came up with a list of eight players, of which Toni Borevkovic, a 23 year old centre-back from Rio Ave took my attention the most. Since my club wasn't that well connected in Portugal, most of his attribute stars were unknown (background-colour) and I had to send a scout to take a closer look at my potential transfer target. (Attribute stars in background colour could be either unknown or an attribute in the lowest section possible). After some time, my scout came back with some more detailed information on Toni Borevkovic and his attribute values and it seems like he might be an interesting option I'll keep my eye on in the future.

So these are my current  thoughts on a statistical data based player search in FM21 using a non-numerical attribute skin. :) From now on it is time to finally play the game and figure out, whether everything works the way I imagine. There are still some optical issues I have to work on, but for an "beta-test" it might be alright.

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 14.37.02.png

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 14.39.05.png

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 14.46.25.png

Edited by Fritzle_1893

3 hours ago, Mikal said:

@Fritzle_1893 how did your weekend test go? Ready for others to try it out yet? ;)

I didn't make that much progress in my testing season, since I discovered some more panels I had to replace the attribute values in. So there was some progress in the skin. Furthermore I worked on the position of some of my attribute indicators, which were not displayed in line with the appropriate attribute names.

In this moment I finished the player/development/progress-screen and got rid of any information showing a development in numbers. In my opinion these little arrows are enough to indicate any development, so there is no need for any graph to display that strength went down from 9 to 6 for example. Next issue is the small octagon in player/overview/attributes and someday I'll have to test everything with another display resolution, as I'm working in 1440x900.

Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 20.30.28.png

Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 20.30.50.png

Edited by Fritzle_1893
Screenshot Update

16 hours ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

I didn't make that much progress in my testing season, since I discovered some more panels I had to replace the attribute values in. So there was some progress in the skin. Furthermore I worked on the position of some of my attribute indicators, which were not displayed in line with the appropriate attribute names.

In this moment I finished the player/development/progress-screen and got rid of any information showing a development in numbers. In my opinion these little arrows are enough to indicate any development, so there is no need for any graph to display that strength went down from 9 to 6 for example. Next issue is the small octagon in player/overview/attributes and someday I'll have to test everything with another display resolution, as I'm working in 1440x900.

Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 20.30.28.png

Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 20.30.50.png

Looks good man. I'm playing on windowed 1920x1080 if you wanted any testing to be done.

A little update: At the moment I am starting my Journeyman Save and looking for some panels I still have to replace the attribute values in. Here's one I found and I don't really know where I can substitute the attribute values here.

Does someone know which xml-file I need to address to change the attribute values in the response to a job advert?

EDIT: First panel I thought about was the advert respond news content panel.xml, but looking at line 3-4, it seems to me it is just about an applicant update...

<panel>

<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_gap="0" horizontal_alignment="horizontal" horizontal_inset="10"/>

<flags id="old_applicant_row_appearance" value=""/>

<flags id="new_applicant_row_appearance" value="tables/custom/cards/yellow/row"/>

<widget class="client_object_list_table" id="lstb" fixed_size_rows="true" auto_size="vertical" database_table_type="1">

<flags id="mode" value="fill_rows, select_rows, stripe_rows, show_bullets, select_multiple"/>

<integer id="contextual_handler_column_id" value="Pnms"/>

</widget>

</panel>

-> "Pnms" is just the name, so I guess it is not the right xml-file to replace the attribute values in...

1593027497_Screenshot2020-12-16at23_00_43.thumb.png.570673efad49179e0346e2a76b687548.png

Edited by Fritzle_1893

On 16/12/2020 at 22:03, Fritzle_1893 said:

A little update: At the moment I am starting my Journeyman Save and looking for some panels I still have to replace the attribute values in. Here's one I found and I don't really know where I can substitute the attribute values here.

Does someone know which xml-file I need to address to change the attribute values in the response to a job advert?

EDIT: First panel I thought about was the advert respond news content panel.xml, but looking at line 3-4, it seems to me it is just about an applicant update...

<panel>

<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_gap="0" horizontal_alignment="horizontal" horizontal_inset="10"/>

<flags id="new_applicant_row_appearance" value="tables/custom/cards/yellow/row"/>

<widget class="client_object_list_table" id="lstb" fixed_size_rows="true" auto_size="vertical" database_table_type="1">

<flags id="mode" value="fill_rows, select_rows, stripe_rows, show_bullets, select_multiple"/>

</widget>

</panel>

-> "Pnms" is just the name, so I guess it is not the right xml-file to replace the attribute values in...

1593027497_Screenshot2020-12-16at23_00_43.thumb.png.570673efad49179e0346e2a76b687548.png

Upton won’t be able to for anything in a table format, like that panel and team squad page etc I had the same issue when I built my attributeless skin last year.  U can remove the numbers completely though

9 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Upton won’t be able to for anything in a table format, like that panel and team squad page etc I had the same issue when I built my attributeless skin last year.  U can remove the numbers completely though

I'm not sure whether this is the team squad page you mentioned, but I managed to edit the attribute values' presentation in the squad section views for example. Is this the kind of table you thought about?

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 09.39.53.png

Do you know the respective xml-file for the response to a job advert-message above, so that I can try or at least remove the attribute section in this message at all? @wkdsoul

Edited by Fritzle_1893

41 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Oh seems you can then! nice! 

it#ll be one of the news_items_panels for the job advert, probably advert respond news content panel.xml

The advert respond news content panel.xml was the one I tried before, but unfortunately there isn't that much code in it:

<panel>

</widget>

</panel>

By deleting the widget like above I was only able to remove the whole applicant section and I don't really know how to address just the attributes. So I guess there has to be another file responsible as well. For now the advert respond news content panel.xml is the only one I found. @wkdsoul

1995870036_Screenshot2020-12-17at16_58_12.png.4d3c2b1d0e3d59f6687bddc41e788a01.png

Edited by Fritzle_1893

While testing the skin, I discovered another numeric attribute in the scouting centre. Unfortunately I'm still searching the panel responsible for these two attribute values. Here are the two panels I already identified to be responsible for some part of the screen, but the section I am looking for does not seem to be a part in there:

Scouting centre.xml - seems to be the panel for the first line i.e. scouting responsibility, assignments, recruitment team, as well as for the line with cards, list, request DOF suggestions ...

Scouting centre recommendation card.xml - seems to be responsible for the "white box" containing the player with his infos and scout report. 

The panel I am looking for is the one with "Fenoglio is stand out performer for Aguirre" and the attribute values for Judge A and Judge P.

Maybe someone has an idea where to look?

EDIT: scouting centre inbox panel.xml it is :) But it seems that it is not possible to just set the size of the attribute value to 0, while keeping the appearance-command, so I'm thinking about removing this information completely.

Screenshot 2020-12-23 at 16.56.06.png

Edited by Fritzle_1893
Found the panel :)

Any chance you will have something to release before the Christmas holiday starts? I'm sure a lot of us would love to use this while we have a break over Christmas and seems like it's very minor tweaks you're working on now. Keep up the good work though, looks really tidy.

6 hours ago, Mikal said:

Any chance you will have something to release before the Christmas holiday starts? I'm sure a lot of us would love to use this while we have a break over Christmas and seems like it's very minor tweaks you're working on now. Keep up the good work though, looks really tidy.

I really appreciate your interest :)

I guess there can't that much attribute sections in the game left, so there shouldn't be much work to do indeed. However I can't tell when the skin will be ready to play, as long as I discover new panels I have to edit in my savegame and I would not fell that comfortable presenting something that to my opinion isn't as complete as it should be. But I make some progress every week and I'll do my best to show you something as soon as possible.

Edited by Fritzle_1893