Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi guys just want a little feedback on my tactics. I am currently lining up like this:

                          DLFat

     IWa              AMsu             IFat

             DLPsu               B2B

WBsu      BPDde     CDde       FBsu

My thinking behind the midfield is that this pairing allows me to inject more dynamism into the middle, while a relatively conservative right back can fill the gap. However, this does bring up the issue of being defensively unstable. Does the creative benefits of using a B2B outweigh the defensive risks? Or would a 4231 strictly require a holding midfield?

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could put the DLP on defend, leave the B2B, then on the FB s, add the PI's hold position and sits narrow. I'd give that a go with the right players for sure. Although, maybe even one step further, put the right CB on stopper and the left on Cover.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 04texag said:

You could put the DLP on defend, leave the B2B, then on the FB s, add the PI's hold position and sits narrow. I'd give that a go with the right players for sure. Although, maybe even one step further, put the right CB on stopper and the left on Cover.

At first glance I would normally totally agree.. the problem is there is no width on the right side in the above..  personally I would release the fullback and have the CM sit and screen.  So either a CM-D or a CM-S with "Hold Position" PI to create a double pivot with the DLP who I personally would change to DLP-D as well.  Change the right FB to a WB-S and let him overlap the IF-A on the right side.  Gives you a nice 2-2-6 in attack.

 

I use this when I want to play on the counter and it is pretty close to the shape I think you are going for.  Sit with a 2-2 box and attack with 6.. IFs attacking half space.. fullbacks providing width with a double pivot from the DLP-D and CM-D.  You can adjust your front 4 roles as you see fit.

image.png.9108c96a3f04d92f9afe6ae1e10e3a12.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KCHDD said:

Hi guys just want a little feedback on my tactics. I am currently lining up like this:

                          DLFat

     IWa              AMsu             IFat

             DLPsu               B2B

WBsu      BPDde     CDde       FBsu

My thinking behind the midfield is that this pairing allows me to inject more dynamism into the middle, while a relatively conservative right back can fill the gap. However, this does bring up the issue of being defensively unstable. Does the creative benefits of using a B2B outweigh the defensive risks? Or would a 4231 strictly require a holding midfield?

The middle pair should be really good at keeping the ball and your wingers had better have high work-rate for this system to work. Finding space in this system may also be tricky if the opposition sit deep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, KCHDD said:

DLFat

     IWa              AMsu             IFat

             DLPsu               B2B

WBsu      BPDde     CDde       FBsu

 

21 hours ago, KCHDD said:

Hi guys just want a little feedback on my tactics

Just a quick tip, as I am a bit short of time atm:

DLFat

IFat        AMsu          IWsu

DLPsu   CMde

WBsu  CDde  BPDde  FBat

You haven't posted your instructions, so I cannot comment on them for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KCHDD said:

@Experienced Defender thanks for the advice. Not home atm but my instructions iirc are

Shorter passing, Play out of defence, Be more expressive

Higher defensive line, Higher line of engagement, Offside trap

Positive mentality

Drop down to balanced, you'll move the ball around nicely until an opening appears,

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KCHDD said:

Not home atm but my instructions iirc are

Shorter passing, Play out of defence, Be more expressive

Higher defensive line, Higher line of engagement, Offside trap

Positive mentality

Instructions look okay to me. Nothing wrong, so only small occasional in-match tweaks should suffice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having played a few more matches, I have spotted some slight problems in my setup. I feel that my players tend to take long shots more often than I like, kind of impatient I guess like taking one dribble and then shooting when they could pass to someone else making a run. Also, although I do have a high line of engagement, I feel that we aren't proactive enough in the transition phase, like when we lose the ball the opposition can play through our midfield more than I like. 

I feel like for the long shots I might use work ball into box to alleviate this, I did see that it balances out unnecessary risks brought by be more expressive. Then, I am considering using counter-press but not sure if that leaves me more exposed. What do you guys think about this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...