• SI Staff
9 minutes ago, HadynCarey7 said:

Ok any idea as to what the issue may be or any way to resolve yet?

Can you try accessing the following settings on your console:

Profile>Settings>General>TV & Display Options

Then under Display you'll see 'Resolution'. Is that set to 720p? If it isn't could you change that and see if this fixes your issue?

If that doesn't work, could you select 'Calibrate TV' within the same TV & Display options menu.

My screen was quite zoomed into begin with as well (although not as bad as yours) but there might be a possible fix until SI sort it. 

Start a fantasy draft and and go into preferences. The preferences section on fantasy draft seems to give you different options to the regular game. In there you can choose the graphics quality - it seems to be automatically set on very low. You can change it to normal/high/very high and it should zoom out. You'll also get the option to choose how zoomed in it is. I think it ranges from 50% -100%. 

Not sure if it will help but hopefully it does until they come up with a fix

Something very wrong with the UI and how certain elements are not available in different modes.

I tried the going to Draft mode trick to change the zoom level down from 100% to see if it fit the screen better which it does but even on 95% it's too small when sat from a distance on sofa. I reset everything but it now no longer reverts to the standard zoomed in view when you first start the game.

@minigod @kyle.turnbullI'm having the same issue as everyone else and tried doing what you guys did with the fantasy draft, I changed to interface to being smaller by accident so everything is harder to read and changed it back but it didn't change back, reset all the setting and it's still the same, any way to fix this? 

@minigodI dm'd football manager themselves on Instagram and was having a back n fourth conversation with them and the admin was really nice to be fair to him but all he suggested was to come here, but no one here seems to know exactly what to do either so idk what to do🤣

Edited by BTunz

Something very odd, I signed into another profile on my Xbox which hadn't played FM so had no data to sync and the UI was exactly the same, it didn't return to the original 'zoomed in' look. Seems odd that the game would keep something like that when a different user is playing.

I have done some more investigating and have found something that works to revert back from zooming out.

I play on and Xbox One X and the wife has a One S. I transferred the game to her console and loaded up the game. Everything appeared as it should. I loaded up my save to make sure I had a copy of my career in a console then deleted FM from my X1X. I then transferred the game back to my console and once loaded every was fixed and my save was there.

Btw, I only transferred the game as network transfer between consoles is much faster than downloading, even for a game as small as FM.

This makes me think the preferences are saving to the console somewhere and not the cloud as you would expect. 

When I had the game zoomed out I was looking through the preferences in Draft mode and it appears to have all the normal PC settings, there was even the option to add a manager profile picture. This brought up a popup that let you navigate a number of different drives and directories. I've had a rummage around the Xbox One directories before when adding Minecraft add-ons but didn't recognise a lot of the ones displayed in FM, there was things like L and R as drive letters for example. I wonder if FM is doing something with how and where it is storing data and if this is the cause of the inability to revert to default zoom settings?

Hope this helps someone.

Hi guys I had the same problem! To fix it you need to go to calibrate tv in your Xbox settings and once you get to the screen ratio page you should see green lines along the edges of the screen! If you don’t then leave it on that page and go into the settings of your tv and play around with the settings for screen size until you find one that has the green lines along the edges.

I fixed the issue, for me have x box one s, all I did was go to x box settings, then go to tv settings then click calibrate TV, then click next until you see the resizing  screen with the blue and green lines. Once here stay on the page and using your TV remote go into your TV picture settings and change you picture zoom until you see the green lines appear. Mine was on auto and had to change to full screen and it worked very happy 😊

I seem to have the opposite problem. My game seems to be zoomed out and everything is very small. I don't have the option to zoom out only in.

Some pages seems to be cut off as well.

I deleted the game and reinstalled it but no difference. Everything is so tiny I can't read!

Help

• SI Staff

We would expect Reset to Default option within Preferences to reset the zoom level to the default - if that's not working then we would strongly advise you do not attempt to adjust the zoom level via the Fantasy Draft preferences while we investigate the issue further.

• SI Staff
On 04/12/2020 at 15:34, Cinz said:

I seem to have the opposite problem. My game seems to be zoomed out and everything is very small. I don't have the option to zoom out only in.

Some pages seems to be cut off as well.

I deleted the game and reinstalled it but no difference. Everything is so tiny I can't read!

Help

Hi there,

A way to resolve this issue should be the following:

Go to: My Games & Apps> Press the menu button on FM> Select 'Manage Game and add-ons> Select 'Delete All' (don't worry, this will not delete your save data)

Once you have done that, try uninstalling and re-installing the game.

This should now give you the default settings.

Thanks

On 08/12/2020 at 01:50, Alex Pitt said:

We would expect Reset to Default option within Preferences to reset the zoom level to the default - if that's not working then we would strongly advise you do not attempt to adjust the zoom level via the Fantasy Draft preferences while we investigate the issue further.

I can confirm this doesn't work, it was one of the many things I did whilst investigating a solution last week

On 10/12/2020 at 01:01, Alex Pitt said:

Do the follow-up steps posted by @Rob Heckman work for you?

I had already fixed it a week ago through trial and error myself. We have two consoles in our house so was seeing how things interacted between the two. I found that display settings didnt sync between consoles so knowing that my save was safe on another console and cloud sync was working ok for saves I deleted and reinstalled on my console and everything has been fine.

I was merely pointing out that the workaround didnt work when I tried to rectify the issue to start with, the reinstall was last ditch.