Should i carry on with my save - Youth Intake Problems

I am wondering if these issues around youth intakes are going to get a fix that is save game compatible. I dont want to put anymore time into a save that i will have to start again. These issues could have big problems for many peoples saves.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it on hold. 

Sure you can play, but how it will affect the games, the people, the economy. It's confirmed it's save-compatible, but how will the fix affect the game? Suddenly an mass increase of regens? or slowly? or do the rich clubs suddenly get OP-regens, etc. 

1 minute ago, RinusFM said:

Put it on hold. 

Sure you can play, but how it will affect the games, the people, the economy. It's confirmed it's save-compatible, but how will the fix affect the game? Suddenly an mass increase of regens? or slowly? or do the rich clubs suddenly get OP-regens, etc. 

Where have SI said its save game compatible. Sorry, i have not seen that?

Ohhh. I did read too fast. My apologies. Well lets hope for the best. Otherwise it's 40 hours I never get back, lol. And the bond with my players, the matches, the rollercoaster of emotions. 

@wicksyFMI'm on my 3rd save now and it's come to a complete stop as I now can only play games on holiday, (there are registration issues in Gibraltar). 

I'm going to experiment with various things. A holiday save. Re-playing the same match over and over again with different circumstances. Anything to keep us going. 

I would completely agree that a long-term save isn't viable right now and we need to look for shorter-term goals to fill the void. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Exactly. They won't be 100% sure until it's done. It's likely to be save game compatible, but of course there is no guarantee that it will be fixed in the 1st place. 

To not fix it, thus rendering such a fundamental game style irrelevant, would be terrible, as I would have essentially no game for the money I paid.

1 minute ago, Mojo_Pin said:

To not fix it, thus rendering such a fundamental game style irrelevant, would be terrible, as I would have essentially no game for the money I paid.

I totally agree. 

I think it's very likely that they will fix it, but it's astonishing that it was released like this in the 1st place. I'm personally really surprised at it getting through testing like this. 

If we can add/remove leagues without starting a new save, I think it should be save-game compatible and changes perhaps might take place one season after the fix comes. At least I hope it could be done. 

Are this kind of issues recurrent every year? I usually buy the game between january and march, only this year I started with the beta and right now enough things seem to be messy.

I'm considering to stop playing (because really, doesn't make sense to me) for a couple months until a big patch.

1 hour ago, madskull.93 said:

Are this kind of issues recurrent every year? I usually buy the game between january and march, only this year I started with the beta and right now enough things seem to be messy.

I'm considering to stop playing (because really, doesn't make sense to me) for a couple months until a big patch.

No. There aren't usually this many significant issues with a new release. 

3 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

@wicksyFMI'm on my 3rd save now and it's come to a complete stop as I now can only play games on holiday, (there are registration issues in Gibraltar). 

I'm going to experiment with various things. A holiday save. Re-playing the same match over and over again with different circumstances. Anything to keep us going. 

I would completely agree that a long-term save isn't viable right now and we need to look for shorter-term goals to fill the void. 

What issues have you had with Gibraltar?

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Was this issue in the beta as well? I recall a far more well spread out production of new-gens on my beta save, even with less leagues loaded.

I'm fairly sure this started after the full release but impacts even beta saves. I've taken a quick look in my game and I had youth intake in all the usual countries (Colombia, Uruguay, Chile, Croatia) in the first season (which was still during beta), but it stopped in those countries from the second season onwards (which is probably when the full game was released). Six seasons in, not a single player came through there. 

The good news is, since it's impacting beta saves, I'm assuming the fix will also be savegame compatible. 

42 minutes ago, grff said:

What issues have you had with Gibraltar?

You have 25 squad numbers to use because there are only 25 players to register, so when you use the 25 numbers you can't allocate anymore. This shouldn't include U19's but does, so all the players in all 3 squads are eligible, but I can only use 25 of them, (not how it's meant to work). 

When I select my matchday squad, (everyone is eligible), it takes me to the squad number selection screen for those without a number and it won't allow me to register more than 25 numbers.

The squad has already been selected so I cant go back out and then remove players who dont have a number, so the only way is to reverse out and holiday the game day.

15 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

You have 25 squad numbers to use because there are only 25 players to register, so when you use the 25 numbers you can't allocate anymore. This shouldn't include U19's but does, so all the players in all 3 squads are eligible, but I can only use 25 of them, (not how it's meant to work). 

When I select my matchday squad, (everyone is eligible), it takes me to the squad number selection screen for those without a number and it won't allow me to register more than 25 numbers.

The squad has already been selected so I cant go back out and then remove players who dont have a number, so the only way is to reverse out and holiday the game day.

What a mess. Have you reported this?

Personally I'm actually enjoying my future save under these circumstances. The transfer market is much more aggressive so in my future journeyman save I can't simply pick up free agents and unwanted youngsters left, right and center, as clubs desperately latch onto any player that is available (and I ended up getting my first job in the Championship, where this is made even worse due to work permit rules). It's actually pretty enjoyable that I have to rush decisions when a player is listed for sale (that I can actually buy) as he'll quickly attract offers from 3-4 other clubs and I can't just calmly fully scout him, see if he truly is the correct fit and just move on if he isn't.

Curious how this plays out once I'm at a bigger club, regarding poaching youngsters. Will be interesting to see whether AI will start aggressively poaching talented 16 year olds, or whether you still have easy pickings by going in early.

Also isn't Gibraltar a custom file, thus the issue would reside in said custom file? I don't recall Gibraltar being a league that came with base FM?

3 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I have the same thing happen before most matches but the game does let you re-allocate a squad number to another player if they aren't in the same lineup. Letting the AI auto-pick the numbers causes the problem of getting stuck.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

1 minute ago, grff said:

I have the same thing happen before most matches but the game does let you re-allocate a squad number to another player if they aren't in the same lineup. Letting the AI auto-pick the numbers causes the problem of getting stuck.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

Ahhhh. That is interesting. Thanks for letting me know. 

Yes I was auto-picking the numbers. I had tried to do it manually on a couple of occasions, but maybe it didn't work because I wasn't completely sure who I needed to replace. I will try again and give it more attention. 

Thanks again. :thup:

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Ahhhh. That is interesting. Thanks for letting me know. 

Yes I was auto-picking the numbers. I had tried to do it manually on a couple of occasions, but maybe it didn't work because I wasn't completely sure who I needed to replace. I will try again and give it more attention. 

Thanks again. :thup:

I've noticed it's the player that are listed on the drop down in a brighter text that can have their squad number re-allocated to another player.

4 minutes ago, grff said:

I've noticed it's the player that are listed on the drop down in a brighter text that can have their squad number re-allocated to another player.

That's brilliant. Thanks. 

It's still annoying as hell, but at least it's a workaround. Thanks again. :thup:

8 hours ago, daveh83 said:

Is there any other game breakers from beta saves? I know one was prem teams not reg first team players 2nd season ?? I just want to know if it’s worth carrying on with my beta save game. 

Just adding to my orginal comment if anyone has any further info on save games from beta 

16 hours ago, grff said:

This workaround is ok for league games, but doesn't work for European games. 

I only have 9 players registered for European competition, (everyone else is U21 so doesn't require registration), but I need a minimum of 15 names to get passed the registration day so I have registered 6 U21 players to get us to 15. 

I've got 4 players not registered for the 2nd European game. 

9c39fdd0e652a1accc775b2b450577c9.png

When I try to edit the numbers, this is what I see. 

6653583c7432f17096988b096c288b38.png

There are no light and dark names. They are all just the same. 

I know that TdB is injured, so I can use him as 1 of the swaps and (21d) Dale Harris. is a back-up GK so I can swap him too. 

After a bit of searching, (21a) Les Thomas is 2nd choice left back and isn't playing so I can swap him, but I can't work out who the 4th one is. I just want to go to the match. It really shouldn't be this hard. 

I either holiday or go through each name 1 by 1 until I find it. It's such a pain. :thdn:

Then I have to do exactly the same thing for the next game. :(

Edited by Jimbokav1971

I wonder exactly what they mean with save game compatible though. It looks like you'll get a full intake in most countries for the first season (some countries did get a very limited or no newgens when I simulated though), and then a limited to no intake on the second season. I would expect it to be limited to none in the third again (and onwards), but I never simulated so far. Will the game restore the loss of newgens in the next upcoming intake so that we get more newgens than usual to make sure the game database will stay the same as intended at the start? Or will it just start to add newgens based on what the database size are at the time of the patch?

If you've gone three seasons with few to none newgens then the squads will already be very decimated for most AI teams - meaning the AI might not see the need to keep a full squad which will keep the database smaller than intended. This is mainly for teams in view-only and non-playable leagues.

46 minuti fa, 1891 ha scritto:

I wonder exactly what they mean with save game compatible though. It looks like you'll get a full intake in most countries for the first season (some countries did get a very limited or no newgens when I simulated though), and then a limited to no intake on the second season. I would expect it to be limited to none in the third again (and onwards), but I never simulated so far. Will the game restore the loss of newgens in the next upcoming intake so that we get more newgens than usual to make sure the game database will stay the same as intended at the start? Or will it just start to add newgens based on what the database size are at the time of the patch?

If you've gone three seasons with few to none newgens then the squads will already be very decimated for most AI teams - meaning the AI might not see the need to keep a full squad which will keep the database smaller than intended. This is mainly for teams in view-only and non-playable leagues.

Considering that even if you put all the nations/leagues as playable (1% of users I suppose) you are not covering the whole world, unless you're a random player who doesn't care about details or going deep into a save (so maybe you're a FMT user), at the moment FM21 is not playable until the fix.

15 hours ago, aaronwhitehead1995 said:

Confirmed its going to be save game compatible, just at the end of the 2022/23 sheff Utd save and really enjoying it!

Going to finish the season and then hold the game until the fix!

Hopefully won’t be long 🙂

once they have a fix, then i'll believe it is save game compatible.

2 hours ago, francis#17 said:

Theres a fix but there are still issues for games that will be 10+ seasons long

By that time I'm more then ready for FM 22 😂 jokes aside im fairly confident that SI will come out with a fix for longer saves aswell. 

I don't see any noticeable difference in the new patch regarding newgens. I paused my save when I found out about this bug, and did a simulation for a little bit over a year to see for myself. I now simluated little bit over a year again after the patch and the difference is really small.

For Africa, which was the closest intake from when I started simulating: The same countries that had zero newgens both year one and year two before the patch still have zero both years. The file is in early September so I have two intakes from Africa (even though many countries have moved from October to April).

Finland (view-only) had zero newgens before the patch. after the patch they had a whooping four newgens (all in the same club). Iceland (view-only) went from zero to thirteen, also all of them in the same club. Ireland (view-only) still had zero newgens in year two after the patch.

Ethiopia had five newgens in April (more than three months into the game from my simulation point) both before and after the save.

No, this patch did absolutely nothing in terms of newgens for those of us who want to have a living game world.

I should also add that in the file I've loaded all players from the database from all Africa and Asia, as well as all players from top-divisions and national reputation from all other countries in the world. About 200.000 players in total.

Edited by 1891

7 minutes ago, MyNameIsJohn said:

So is this fixed or should we still hold off getting too invested in long term saves?

Im personally holding as it hasnt been fixed properly. Others might start because the fix is save game compatible. However I dont want a load of regens joining in one season as it will mess up the distribution of player ages

The bug testing section of SI needs to really step their game up. How could they release the game with such an game breaking bug as this, and then proceed to release a patch that claims to fix it, yet it doesn't. This is unnaceptable, in my opinion.