[FM2021] Kent League / Nation

I've basically turned Kent into its own country, with only the national team made at the moment with anyone born in Kent (plus Greenwich, Lewisham, Bromley etc (historical Kent)) made 'Kentish'

I will be creating a national league system (with awards), with Gillingham & Charlton 'B' sides competing with the likes of Dover, Maidstone etc. in what will most probably be 3 tiers with 10-12 teams in each.

I've put Dover into the Champions League, with Bromley, Ebbsfleet & Dartford into the Europa. I'm just trying to remember how to put the Kent national side into the international tournaments, got them in the Nations League, I need to test and make sure they get picked up for the World Cup qualifiers & the next cycle for the Euro Championships.

Depending on work I should have the league system & it all tested for a few seasons in the next couple of weeks. 

black stella.png

new kent.fmf

Edited by Clintabn

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, Andrew Price said:

I'm only planning to make a nation, but I want to put existing football clubs into my custom nation, but not make the nation's football system not break...

2 hours ago, MWFC_3 said:

I'm only planning to make a nation, but I want to put existing football clubs into my custom nation, but not make the nation's football system not break...

To do that you need to make sure that the leagues in, for example, the English league system, have the correct number of teams. So if you move Gillingham into your new nation, you need to make sure that League One has the right number of teams. The easiest way to do that is just to promote teams from the League below, and keep doing that until all leagues have the same number of teams that they did before.

I've added an update to the main post

I had trouble getting the Kent nation to join the international cycles correctly & lost my way with the file. I'll have another look at it if I get any inspiration to.

On 14/05/2021 at 16:36, MWFC_3 said:

One question. Isn't Gillingham in Kent? Techinally they should be in the Champions League instead of Dover

I left Gillingham in the English league system as they would be way too strong compared to the other teams in the nation & added a 'B' team into the Kent national league system, along with a Charlton side - both of these sides can't qualify for Europe as they still qualify through the English system.

On 16/05/2021 at 11:00, MWFC_3 said:

When you go to start a new game with the edited file, for example having Kent & England loaded

England will be greyed out with a message like;
National League has 20 teams, it requires 24, N L South has 18 teams requires 24, Ismthian Premier, etc etc.

You have to 'promote' or fill these gaps with other teams, I just promoted the highest reputation teams from the lower divisions, until the game was happy. But took a bit of time, saving the database, loading up a new game, England greyed out, fill the leagues it says with the editor, try a new game, fill the leagues it says, etc until England is no longer greyed out.