Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition *Official* Feedback Thread

On 02/01/2021 at 19:07, Chino_M3 said:

Loving the game finally being back on Xbox. I don’t have a PC (New Xbox’s etc almost up to that standard now anyway) so it is a welcome addition to the gaming lineup!

so a few things I’m noticing that I’d hope will be sorted eventually:-

1. training/ staff - on PC (back in the day ... 🤦🏼‍♂️) you could assign coaches to area specific trainings (so someone who’s good at attacking you can specifically ask them to coach the team in attack). This version seems to have little to no input on training, only that it’s run by you as manager or your assistant and the only input then is to choose what style you want, e.g. attack to then have a breakdown in % at the end of the month of what your players have been trainer in. For a detailed game I’d hope that we will see an update showing training specific areas via certain staff etc.

2. database size - there seems to be no option to sort database size. Some very high profile transfer targets not even available on the game and it’s nothing to do with age (for the most part) so as in it’s not because players are protected by child protection laws etc. some of the players I’m talking about are available on the PC version because he seen videos with them in, can’t understand why the options aren’t available on Xbox version?

3. Player chats - I’ve already replied to a couple of questions about this but you used to be able to have chats with players at the drop of a hat. This isn’t available on this one and would be ideal to have back available.

4. youth set up - I’m assuming this is because of new child protection laws but I believe you used to be able to get your own youth candidates in to the youth sides (aside from the clubs on youth intake process) I liked doing this because generally speaking the youth intake is garbage so you could add some other prospects to the ranks. This doesn’t seem to be an option on this years and would be good to have available. Could anyone advise on this?

5. Match set up screen - seems to be difficult to get players from ‘squad’ to change with starting 11/bench in the match set up screen. Hopefully this will be looked at

these are just a few bits I’ve noticed. Hopefully we’ll see updates but otherwise a great game and very much enjoying!

None of them apartof the 5 will be reviewed on Xbox. Or Touch/Xbox Edition for that matter, maybe 2 in the future. This game is supposed to be more streamlined, if you want all that play the full PC version.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, 

I have some problems with the ''play anywhere'' side of the game.

Example:

I progress with the Xbox version, then I save. The next day I boot up the pc version but I  can load only outdated save files ( mostly one day older)

This makes impossible for me to play on pc.

• SI Staff
50 minutes ago, Daga said:

Hi, 

I have some problems with the ''play anywhere'' side of the game.

Example:

I progress with the Xbox version, then I save. The next day I boot up the pc version but I  can load only outdated save files ( mostly one day older)

This makes impossible for me to play on pc.

Only thing I can think is probably that your xbox hasn't had time to finish uploading the saves to the cloud by the time you shut it off, but we have no control or visibility on when it starts uploading or how long it takes.

I guess most games have relatively small saves so MS don't worry so much about it, but for FM as the game is a big database our saves are rather larger.

This also depends on your internet upload speed too of course.

On 06/01/2021 at 16:28, LuckyConquerer2 said:

This is a thing because of Play Anywhere. The files are not available to add to the consoles, so there will be issues if they allow it on on platform and not the other, possibly corrupting save files.

I can think of several ways around that, but local storage only is the obvious one, because they have already implemented it: I can load locally on the PC and not on the console. Once it's a loaded tactic it is already being held in the right internal format like any other tactic, and can't cause any problems.

Now if the other versions of the game allow more options and capabilities, then add that to my request: let us use the full set of tactical options!

Football Manager 2021 xbox series x issues, 

Hola, he notado en algún juego al principio como unos cuadrados negros en las gradas, no sé si es por el efecto lluvia o los flashes de las cámaras, pero se ve negro y sin textura algunos cuadrados, juego en xboxsx

It is in the stadium, when starting a game, or celebrating a goal.

Edited by KevinMartinEV

There is an issue with taking over training responsibilities, but only when you are a guest in an online save. I had the issue when the game was first release. But since me and a friend started a save, I can take control of training being the host. But his training responsibilities are stuck on assistant manager. When he clicks manager it flicks straight back to the assistant. Any advice or knowledge of this issue?

Can anyone out there please tell me why your not able to add another manager? On football manager 2008 was far easier to navigate through the UI and you could add up to 12 managers! Also an in game editor like in the pc version would be most welcome 

get on it ASAP! 

58 minutes ago, Stagman said:

Can anyone out there please tell me why your not able to add another manager? On football manager 2008 was far easier to navigate through the UI and you could add up to 12 managers! Also an in game editor like in the pc version would be most welcome 

get on it ASAP! 

This version is based on Touch, so you cannot do it. All previous console versions were based on PC.

So i have an online save with a friend and when heis trying to select his player from the tactics screen using the drop down menu it doesnt show him the whole squad instead just a small selection, which is weird considering it happened mid season 

Just a quality of life suggestion for xbox that should be present.

It shows you how many caps a player has for their country yet not how many goals they've got. You need to go digging for the status. There's no reason why it shouldn't be shown as it is on the PC.

I gave a gameplay issue now. Far too many goals get conceded from the opposing team punting the ball up over your defence and seems like no tweaking of the defensive line fixes it and your defenders just don't know how to cope. Yet if you try and do it it's extremely difficult to get anywhere close to the effectiveness the other team gets.

Actually I've another thing about scouting team reports. Why do your scout reports not tell you if a team plays it out from the back or bypasses the defence, if they play deep or high up, if they're narrow or wide in both defence and attack, etc... It's a vague report which leave you well informed of the teams playing style but not detailed enough when it comes to the finer details you could use for your advantage.

Back with a few more things that have come to mind. It would be great if in the highlights you could set trophy presentations as an option for highlights as you miss out if you play on anything other than TV and I like to play 2D so get a grasp of how the game is playing out with TV highlights enabled. Another option that needs in the game is turning ball sound effects off but keeping crowd noise. I want to be immersed but the ball sound effects are a little too much and most definitely too loud.

I sacked my Directior of Football because I don't need him and he's eating up wages and although I've turned off the staff recruiting staff it's still bombarding me with this or that director of football has accepted a job offer. Are we required on the touch version to have a director of football?

Edited by MACK1E987
New stuff added (please read)

Hi,

I just have a few recommendations that could be added to FM21 Xbox Edition. 

-Is it possible to add the Add/Remove Leagues feature whilst you are mid-save. 

-And also is it possible to make the text size/HUD smaller (also having the side bar visible, the back/forward arrows in the top left, and the tactics tab having the squad like screen beside it too) 

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, minigod said:

Game saves are larger than most Xbox games, it's possible that the save isn't getting uploaded to the cloud properly or you aren't giving it chance to upload before turning console off maybe.

Yeah this is usually it the console needs time to upload the saves, unfortunately as far as I'm aware no where on the xbox does it make clear the progress of uploads, probably as its assumed it will generally be so quick as not to matter

12 minutes ago, EdL said:

Yeah this is usually it the console needs time to upload the saves, unfortunately as far as I'm aware no where on the xbox does it make clear the progress of uploads, probably as its assumed it will generally be so quick as not to matter

Pretty easy way to ensure no issues is to close the game on Xbox (full shutdown, not quick resume). Cloud saves will then get synced with seconds.

Hi guys,

2 questions here:

1. Can you make Player Search/Transfer Presets?

What I specifically mean is, I'd create a preset for Right Back with certain stats, save it and use it for Player Search/Transfers.

Same would go for other positions.

Is that an option on Xbox?

2. Can you make Squad Presets?
I tend to rotate players a lot and in consequence I'd like to switch squads (starting eleven + subs) with 1-2 clicks.

Is that possible or do you have to manually swap each player?

Cheers

Edited by yakoob86

Really happy that FM is back on XBOX. 

I'm a couple of seasons in now and enjoying it very much. 

As im aware xbox edition is not as detailed as the full version there are some parts that really bother me about the game.

1/lack of Staff Detail: Only able to choose Head Of Youth , head scout etc. Having full control over every staff member from goalkeeping coach to fitness coach to scouts is a massive/crucial part of the game and should be included on Xbox

2/ Youth Team: where is the youth team?? Yes we get a youth intake but there are no more youth leagues , youth managers etc. Makes it much harder to develop youth players. 

3/ Lack of backroom staff choice & detail means my long serving club legend will nearly always be sent packing as they will be nowhere near the level of my Head of Youth or Assistant Mgr.

4/ Player Interactions. The ability to talk to my players is sorely missed 

I think the XBox version is lacking alot of detail as it is limited by FMTouch but why does this have to be the case? 

Fair enough some XB players may like to have a scaled back version but could we not be given the choice?

Having a choice when setting up a new game to choose an FM touch version or a more detailed version to include more staff, youth team , player interactions etc even if it is at the expense of game speed would be a great development. 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, SteB said:

I think the XBox version is lacking alot of detail as it is limited by FMTouch but why does this have to be the case? 

Fair enough some XB players may like to have a scaled back version but could we not be given the choice?

I am expecting the Xbox game to evolve as time goes on and some features will appear in later versions of the game I'm sure HOWEVER please do bear in mind that first and foremost I want the game to be as easy to play on a console as possible - I think it's perfectly usable in its first iteration, but I also feel it can be improved further (some progress in this regard has been in the update somewhat) ... as such this is going to be one of the main areas of attention first and foremost before we try and make its interface more complex by adding in loads more features in the short-term.

(sorry that might not be what you wanted to hear.- but I'd prefer to be honest and explain why its been created in the manner it has)

Hi everyone,has the option to just change tactics for next match only disappeared or is this a Mandela effect moment and it wasn't there in the first place?😊

Ignore me,it's back..or it never went anywhere,f***** if I know.

Edited by toxteth

22 hours ago, SteB said:

You DO have a choice. Choose for the pc-version if this version isnt it for you when you want a more complex game.

They updated the cursor speed. I was happy with the cursor speed, but because of people who play at the pc, the cursor speed was to slow for them, with the result of an updated cursor speed , and that really sucks. I was happy with this version of Football manager, because the pc -version is waaayyyyy to complex for me. I want to play a season in a couple of hours, not days.

On 26/12/2020 at 13:15, gunnermitch said:

I was tempted to get this as don't own a pc to play it anymore, the only thing putting me off is the static elements on my TV as I own an oled, is there an oled friendly skin to prevent potential burn in.

If not do you have  plans to make one.

Anyone playing this on oled?

I've got this on OLED. I'm not worrying too much. It will take literally hundreds of hours for any burn in. All you need do is play a different game or watch something on TV every few hours so it doesnt remember the static logos etc

On 21/01/2021 at 03:03, Marc Vaughan said:

I am expecting the Xbox game to evolve as time goes on and some features will appear in later versions of the game I'm sure HOWEVER please do bear in mind that first and foremost I want the game to be as easy to play on a console as possible - I think it's perfectly usable in its first iteration, but I also feel it can be improved further (some progress in this regard has been in the update somewhat) ... as such this is going to be one of the main areas of attention first and foremost before we try and make its interface more complex by adding in loads more features in the short-term.

(sorry that might not be what you wanted to hear.- but I'd prefer to be honest and explain why its been created in the manner it has)

Thanks Marc for the reply.

The game at present is very playable and enjoyable. Yes, I agree with some other comments that the interface has room for improvement but i feel this is only an minor issue until you get used to the controls.

My main point of feedback to get across is not the features or interface.

The main issue I have is the depth of detail in some areas of my club but particularly my backroom staff choices.

For example ,  I manage Man Utd, there is no youth team in the club , no youth manager in my backroom staff , no youth coaches in my backroom staff. I have a head of youth development to hire and fire but in the current version of the game I cant drill down to the individual coach level. The same lack of depth applies in scouting choices, first and reserve team staff. 

I believe on an XBox version this deeper level of staff detail and choice should be included. It was included in the 2008 XBox edition on a smaller and less powerful console so it was dissapointing for me that it has been cut out. 

Hopefully in future updates this will be resolved 

On 21/01/2021 at 22:59, ronaldinjooo said:

You DO have a choice. Choose for the pc-version if this version isnt it for you when you want a more complex game.

They updated the cursor speed. I was happy with the cursor speed, but because of people who play at the pc, the cursor speed was to slow for them, with the result of an updated cursor speed , and that really sucks. I was happy with this version of Football manager, because the pc -version is waaayyyyy to complex for me. I want to play a season in a couple of hours, not days.

When your preferred platform to play is Xbox , you dont have a choice. 

I dont need an extremely complex game but the addition of a youth team setup, being able to pick your individual staff members such as scouts and coaches will have no effect on your couple of hour seasons. 

The 2008 version on XBox had more depth in details so there is no reason why the 2020 version should not. 

If we had the option when setting up a new game to go with an FMTOUCH style or a 2008 style, it would be an excellent choice to have

Overall I like the ui, however one big improvement could be the tactics screen, I find it difficult to chose players because their position aren't  easily seen, its especially difficult when it's a new team and your getting to know the players. 

I would like the squad list screen merged with the tactics screen or at least put the players default position underneath their name like the tactics screen during a match. 

Edited by Weller1980

Apologies if this has been answered before, I’ve done a few searches but not been able to get a definitive answer...

We’re 13 seasons into an Xbox online Dutch save - I’m managing Telstar, who don’t have a reserve squad/second team. This means that my youth prospects can’t go out on loan for 2 years and don’t have enough quality to compete in the first team...

Is there any way of adding a reserve squad as a board request or in the game options? It’s really hindering my youth development! 

On 21/01/2021 at 03:03, Marc Vaughan said:

I hope this will also include the FM21 editor or in game editor as an add on 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

First of all I would like to say a big thank you for bringing the FM experience to the Xbox. Whereas before, it was just me and my friend playing an online career on the PC, thanks to FM Xbox, there are now 6 of us! It is a massive convenience to sit and play with a controller and headset. I have the full version of FM21 on the PC as well.

There are a few things that we have seen that we thought could do with improving.

1) The heart and thumbs up to display condition and sharpness are a massive downgrade from percentages. Are you able to give us an option to decide which indicator we can see? (Apologies if this already exists)

2) We let our assistant manager control our friendlies to speed up the progress of our careers. Are you able to allow us to kind of give instructions to our Assistant? For example, "Use selected line up for friendlies", "Use selected formation for friendlies", "Substitute selected players on x minutes for this player". Something along those lines would be great.

3) Some of my friends are relatively new to the game, so when they are looking for new staff, are you able to highlight which attributes the staff member needs for the role like the full version?

4) Are you able to implement Home grown requirements and squad registration into the leagues and european competition? This makes it much more challenging and fun in my opinion

5) When offering players out on loan, can you give us the option to say which role our player will play? For example, I prefer my wingers to be played as "Inside Forwards" rather than any other role.

6) Since we are not able to select an agent and see which other players he represents, can you remove them from the game as it harder to create good relations with them now?

7) My friend created the save so we have to wait for him to be free in order to play, is there a way we can transfer the save file to other people or make it accessible by others as well? It would be nice for both the PC version and Xbox version, where the creator of the game can save the file in a location that makes it possible for others to access and load the game up from their own device as well. Can be protected with a password as well.

8) The "dugout" section during matches seems to be unchangeable which seems like we have less control of what we see in a match which obviously isn't good for managers. We should have the option to control what we see during matches. In all my previous FM careers, I always like to simultaneously view my team's condition/performance as well as the opposition team.

If I can think of more suggestions, I will let you know. I understand that some of these may not be convenient for the Touch/Xbox version, but it would be nice to have the option for these settings when creating a save maybe?

Edited by imaginex

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 issues

Ability to swap players not in the matchday squad on tactic/team selection screen is impossible for me. I need to go back to the squad screen to do this. 

Other is training intensity/lack of support when asking questions on the forum about training in general is lacking. I know its stripped back and simple but some things need addressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are the profiles of the referees? it should, as an award for the best referee of the year, I haven’t seen it yet, it isn’t something that will influence the game but it’s something that is cool to keep up with and I think that wouldn’t hinder performance on the Xbox version.

Another thing is that they literally abandoned the Xbox Edition related forums, I know they should be focusing on the next game already, but it is not something that needs to be abandoned over the previous version since they need feedback

I would like to thank SI for fixing the broken game saves however the match engine has changed some things i hate. Long throws even with the best sort of long throwers like Mckennie  are horrendous and wont even make the box once in a match. Goalkeepers are incredulous. They just stand there as a long ball loops right there in front of them and they do absolutely nothing. I don't score goals anymore and since coming back after a hiatus i have won one match whilst being second in the league, even in games where my Xg is 2+ we don't score anymore. This is sudden differnce and the AI have no problem scoring the same long ball goal everytime.  

On 19/03/2021 at 14:38, Havard IRL said:

Another thing is that they literally abandoned the Xbox Edition related forums, I know they should be focusing on the next game already, but it is not something that needs to be abandoned over the previous version since they need feedback

No, No... this is the typical day here at the forums, if it wasn't for forum moderators and helping members in this community, these forums probably would be dead.

Specially on the forums on the editor, if you want any help, other forum members and moderators can help you. I can't even remember the last time any SI employees has help in any of the questions asked by FMers about the editor.

The reason they state, is they're busy working on FM (all versions of it).

Edited by grade
English correction

On 18/03/2021 at 20:19, illetyus said:

Hello. Do you guys able to import the tactics you download to the game? I can't seem to do it so.

Not possible.

If you have a PC and Gamepass Ultimate or Gamepass PC then the full version of FM is on there currently. Could download and import tactics to that version then make notes of the tactical tweaks then put them manually into the Xbox version.

I have done similar back launch when I was struggling and have also looked for tactics on FMBase that actually show screenshots of each of the tactics pages so I can just copy over the tactics. Takes 2mins max.

Playing on Series X.

There seems to be some sort of bug that comes from scouting too many players. I set around 200 players for scouting and when I continue, I've been getting some out of memory message and the game crashes to the dashboard. Frustrating as I've lost progress a few times and it's very tedious selecting players to scout (especially after some updates). From memory I've been playing from quick resume, not sure if that's relevant.

Has this been reported yet?

I'd like to make an observation in relation to scouting. In previous updates I was able to go to national squads, activate the mouse emulation and click and drag numerous players to scout. I can't do this anymore. Was this changed or is there a setting somewhere? I can still do this on the player search screen but would like the old functionality too.

Edited by Zan87
Extra information.

Really enjoying the game but there's two things that make the game abit too easy on the xbox. First financial fair play has to be added for future games, plus being able to buy all 5 star potential youth intakes in the world also makes the game too easy. No other club seems to bid on these players and you either get wonderkids for your team or sell them for a nice profit.

• 2 months later...

Am I the only person who can't search for youth players outside of my domestic league without clicking on each individual teams roster? When I try searching for 15-16 years of age in the player search tab, only players based in England (currently managing Man United) and players I've already scouted appear. For example if I try searching max 16 years old in Ligue 1 nothing pops up. But if I go to PSG and look at full roster there are clearly 15 and 16 year olds. Someone please help

Have you consider releasing Full Fat FM22 in xbox series S/X as well?

It can run it fine with the hardware and in fact probably faster than most of current PCs.