Jump to content

FMT iPad review. MOJO BACK!


Recommended Posts

Got an iPad Pro so don’t know if that means better graphics but.....

what a treat. For someone who thinks Touch in particular should be all about the match. It is back! I’ve played one game and just the look feel and vibe is different stratosphere to previous editions. The relief! 
 

I heard rumours you could watch full match. Shame that’s not right and still only 3 leagues on an iPad Pro seems mean.

but I’m loving it already!
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the review, I will buy it for my new Air shortly as well. It will be my first time on the Ipad, so feeling nervous as to what to expect haha.

Do you use mouse/apple pencil? And any sort of overheating issues that you anticipate? (Playing Call of Duty or NBA 2K seemed a bit taxing on the device, for example)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the review @steam just is.

1 hour ago, steam just is said:

I heard rumours you could watch full match. Shame that’s not right and still only 3 leagues on an iPad Pro seems mean.

Where did you hear such rumours?! Unfortunately for saves to be fully compatible with all devices we support, we're limited by the lowest-spec ones which couldn't handle more than three nations at once.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, doc32 said:

Thanks for the review, I will buy it for my new Air shortly as well. It will be my first time on the Ipad, so feeling nervous as to what to expect haha.

Do you use mouse/apple pencil? And any sort of overheating issues that you anticipate? (Playing Call of Duty or NBA 2K seemed a bit taxing on the device, for example)

No overheating whatsoever but only played one game. Enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Alex Pitt said:

Thanks for the review @steam just is.

Where did you hear such rumours?! Unfortunately for saves to be fully compatible with all devices we support, we're limited by the lowest-spec ones which couldn't handle more than three nations at once.

This forum haha.

I understand that lowest spec has to be common denominator but would it not be possible to have a device filter so you can choose high spec with higher performance? Otherwise the game will always be held back by legacy tech. And gaming is surely about pushing the limits.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, steam just is said:

This forum haha.

I understand that lowest spec has to be common denominator but would it not be possible to have a device filter so you can choose high spec with higher performance? Otherwise the game will always be held back by legacy tech. And gaming is surely about pushing the limits.

This basically means the 3 nations limit will never be removed/increased because low-spec android tablets are here to stay (that's so obvious, I feel silly typing it out) :D

If cross-play is the issue it would be nice to have a "disable cross-play" when playing touch, wouldn't that solve this?

Also, related to low-specs: is there still the 30 seasons limit?

Edited by charliebigpot
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, xlaoxlao said:

Just buy FM21, come with FMT21 desktop, use that to create 100k players save file and convert to FMT save file and transfer to iPad. 

So it only takes 3 versions of the game? 😂

It would be great to get step by step instructions.

Edited by charliebigpot
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, steam just is said:

Got an iPad Pro so don’t know if that means better graphics but.....

what a treat. For someone who thinks Touch in particular should be all about the match. It is back! I’ve played one game and just the look feel and vibe is different stratosphere to previous editions. The relief! 
 

I heard rumours you could watch full match. Shame that’s not right and still only 3 leagues on an iPad Pro seems mean.

but I’m loving it already!
 

 

I play on an iPad Air 3, would be interesting to know the difference in graphics and weather  it’s worth me updating to a pro or the air 4

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, xlaoxlao said:

Just buy FM21, come with FMT21 desktop, use that to create 100k players save file and convert to FMT save file and transfer to iPad. 

Last year there were a user that make something like that, although a more modest save with 5 nations and I think 100k players. It worked both in ios and android. 

There is a thread in the editors hideaways. Unfortunately he never explain how to do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot explain clearly over here. It will be ban. As long you buy FM full version, you can get a free FM touch on steam.

Play that FM touch on your PC to create as many leagues as you want and save it.

After that convert the file name to IOS FMT save file format. Connect your iPad to your iTunes, you can see your save file format. I cannot say more, if not this thread will be closed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Last year there were a user that make something like that, although a more modest save with 5 nations and I think 100k players. It worked both in ios and android. 

There is a thread in the editors hideaways. Unfortunately he never explain how to do it. 

Yea, his thread was banned and closed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can do this by creating a save in PC version of Touch with all the mods you want (like retain-all ddt). If you want to make sure its totally compatible with iOS, then you can just save it and manually transfer the save file to your ipad using iTunes. If you want to create a 5 league save, it will save the PC file to a *.fmt file format. You can rename this to *.fmv and transfer to iOS and it'll open up and load fine.

That said, I've seen a couple issues while using this 5 nation save file workaround on my iPad Mini 5 -- first reserve games show up in email/news as Team 1 vs Team 2 with no info. The players on the reserve team do show a history of the match played in their recent form profile though. The second bug is that Instant Sim games shows up with a blank result page pop-up after the game is completed.

I've otherwise have not seen any other issues. Those two are a bit of distraction, so I'm just using my 3-league save with a full retain-all database on my device now, and this works perfect with cross-save functionality.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, minotauri said:

You can do this by creating a save in PC version of Touch with all the mods you want (like retain-all ddt). If you want to make sure its totally compatible with iOS, then you can just save it and manually transfer the save file to your ipad using iTunes. If you want to create a 5 league save, it will save the PC file to a *.fmt file format. You can rename this to *.fmv and transfer to iOS and it'll open up and load fine.

That said, I've seen a couple issues while using this 5 nation save file workaround on my iPad Mini 5 -- first reserve games show up in email/news as Team 1 vs Team 2 with no info. The players on the reserve team do show a history of the match played in their recent form profile though. The second bug is that Instant Sim games shows up with a blank result page pop-up after the game is completed.

I've otherwise have not seen any other issues. Those two are a bit of distraction, so I'm just using my 3-league save with a full retain-all database on my device now, and this works perfect with cross-save functionality.

I've had these same bugs on both my 20 country 50k player db save and 3 country standard save, haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 01/12/2020 at 00:43, steam just is said:

Got an iPad Pro so don’t know if that means better graphics but.....

what a treat. For someone who thinks Touch in particular should be all about the match. It is back! I’ve played one game and just the look feel and vibe is different stratosphere to previous editions. The relief! 
 

I heard rumours you could watch full match. Shame that’s not right and still only 3 leagues on an iPad Pro seems mean.

but I’m loving it already!
 

 

How it differs from FM2020? also, can you tell me how squad rosters look with clubs like Feyenoord, Sparta Prague, Steaua Bucharest and other minor but known European clubs? did it contain many greyed out players?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 02/12/2020 at 02:34, minotauri said:

You can do this by creating a save in PC version of Touch with all the mods you want (like retain-all ddt). If you want to make sure its totally compatible with iOS, then you can just save it and manually transfer the save file to your ipad using iTunes. If you want to create a 5 league save, it will save the PC file to a *.fmt file format. You can rename this to *.fmv and transfer to iOS and it'll open up and load fine.

That said, I've seen a couple issues while using this 5 nation save file workaround on my iPad Mini 5 -- first reserve games show up in email/news as Team 1 vs Team 2 with no info. The players on the reserve team do show a history of the match played in their recent form profile though. The second bug is that Instant Sim games shows up with a blank result page pop-up after the game is completed.

I've otherwise have not seen any other issues. Those two are a bit of distraction, so I'm just using my 3-league save with a full retain-all database on my device now, and this works perfect with cross-save functionality.

full retain-all database can be created only on Touch Mac/PC?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ticcolo said:

@Scottzilla would you be able to send me the base file you sent to your iPad? Don't have the means to buy the steam version of Touch yet and would like to see if it would work with my iPad. Cheers!

Check messages. 

 

Would be happy to publically share how to do these and share my 50k player save but no idea if SI have a problem with this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/12/2020 at 19:21, Sc0ttzilla said:

Thx but how/where do I put it on the ipad? It's a .bin file, above there's talk of an .FMV file?

--

Edit: I figured it out, thanks :D Only annoying thing is the 0-0 screen when simulating a game, but it's OK. Also, does anyone know if this will get rid of the 30 season limit?

Edited by charliebigpot
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, charliebigpot said:

Thx but how/where do I put it on the ipad? It's a .bin file, above there's talk of an .FMV file?

--

Edit: I figured it out, thanks :D Only annoying thing is the 0-0 screen when simulating a game, but it's OK. Also, does anyone know if this will get rid of the 30 season limit?

I imagine that to get past the 30 season limit all youd have to do is rename your iOS save back to desktop format, load it on desktop and play past 30 years, save it back out and rename for iOS 

 

I haven't yet got anywhere near. I'm in 2025 and am getting the occasional crash on monthly data reports however I haven't got a clue if that's due to the 50k player save or a general game bug

Edited by Sc0ttzilla
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sc0ttzilla said:

I imagine that to get past the 30 season limit all youd have to do is rename your iOS save back to desktop format, load it on desktop and play past 30 years, save it back out and rename for iOS 

 

I haven't yet got anywhere near. I'm in 2025 and am getting the occasional crash on monthly data reports however I haven't got a clue if that's due to the 50k player save or a general game bug

What's the speed of the game like?

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bbuullddoogg said:

What's the speed of the game like?

I simulated (went on holiday) a full season on ipad pro 2019:

- save/db from above (50k) took 20min.

- 3 countries limit (IT,DE,UK) with the top two leagues for each nation, took under 5 mins (4'30").

so as expected the diff is quite noticeable.. maybe the best thing would have to have 5 countries with top 2 or 3 leagues, that should offer a good balance in terms of time and players.

Edited by charliebigpot
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, charliebigpot said:

I simulated (went on holiday) a full season on ipad pro 2019:

- save/db from above (50k) took 20min.

- 3 countries limit (IT,DE,UK) with the top two leagues for each nation, took under 5 mins (4'30").

so as expected the diff is quite noticeable.. maybe the best thing would have to have 5 countries with top 2 or 3 leagues, that should offer a good balance in terms of time and players.

Yea but you typically simulate a day or two at a time in normal play and the differences is probably a few seconds at best. I havent noticed any real differences at all in actual play on my ipad mini 5

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, minotauri said:

Yea but you typically simulate a day or two at a time in normal play and the differences is probably a few seconds at best. I havent noticed any real differences at all in actual play on my ipad mini 5

You might not notice it, but you’ll still spend more time. As you say, if you actually play the game, 15 additional mins x season are negligible.

If you play 50 games, that’s about 20 additional seconds x game - up to each and everyone if that’s worth it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a game in ios with all leagues and all divisions and it seems very fast, anyone knows if it's possible real fix name?, it is possible to put files in documents/sports interactive?, IOS dosn't allow acces to filesystem, only it allow access to documents folder

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, StuartMurray said:

With all this ‘streamlining’ I just want the FM20 game with updated leagues and players. Baffling why so many changes to make the game considerably worse, but still charge the same for it. 

So do you want the worse graphics and inferior ME of 20 as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, StuartMurray said:

The graphics are hardly that much better! The amount of ‘streamlining’ has made the game closer to mobile than the full version. 

I have to say I really disagree. It’s a challenge for SI because one game can create such opposing views 😂. The match has better effects, shading, representation and looks much more like the pc version. I think that’s great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, steam just is said:

I have to say I really disagree. It’s a challenge for SI because one game can create such opposing views 😂. The match has better effects, shading, representation and looks much more like the pc version. I think that’s great.

I’d prefer features over shading... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, steam just is said:

haha. What’s missing from last year? I didn’t notice 

Position Strength Indicator in tactics

Unable to click on certain squares in tactics to identify which player owns that part of the pitch 

unable to do player specific training - e.g. develop weaker foot 

Contract negotiations completely stripped back which is a huge downside for smaller teams 

Unable to have 1st and secondary column sorting

to name a few...

Edited by StuartMurray
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be clear as well, I absolutely love FMT. I’ve bought every version that’s been released on iOS and played the mobile version prior. I hammer the game each year and never have had a negative word to say. Of course there are always a few issues on release, I get that. This year has been a big disappointment so far. Released almost 2 weeks ago and I’ve not played a competitive match yet, I’m finding it unplayable until the bugs are resolved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...