[FM21] Stadium Images on Club Profile Screen

McClane29

Hello.

Last season in FM20 I was able to apply a panel in the relevant folders and customise the layout of the Club Overview screen to display stadium pictures which I have saved in the graphics folders.

I've tried the same panel file for FM21 and it seems to layout the Club Overview screen in the same format. However, the stadium images aren't displaying and a large void is just left (see attached screenshot).

I've attached the panel file I'm using. Is there anything obvious in the code which needs to be changed for FM21 to make the stadium images appear?

Thanks for any help.

Stadium.jpg.39a13394b91f92a1f1df5c091639348e.jpg

club overview panel.xml

Hi..

If you didn't solve it, here is my suggestion.

I think you need to edit "club overview stadium panel. xml" and add the picture widget 

<!--Stadium picture-->
			<widget class="stadium_picture" id="STAp" priority="1" image_alignment="centre_x, centre_y" keep_aspect_ratio="true" default_height="400">
				<record id="object_property">
					<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
					<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
				</record>
			</widget>			

I have tested your "club overview panel.xml" and it works with my own edited " club overview stadium panel.xml". ( see file attached ).

Good luck.

club overview stadium panel.xml

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2020 at 12:30, BuzzR said:

Hi..

If you didn't solve it, here is my suggestion.

I think you need to edit "club overview stadium panel. xml" and add the picture widget 

<!--Stadium picture-->
			<widget class="stadium_picture" id="STAp" priority="1" image_alignment="centre_x, centre_y" keep_aspect_ratio="true" default_height="400">
				</record>
			</widget>			

I have tested your "club overview panel.xml" and it works with my own edited " club overview stadium panel.xml". ( see file attached ).

Good luck.

club overview stadium panel.xml 6.61 kB · 3 downloads

Many thanks for your advice!

The 'Stadium Picture' code appears to have got the image showing on the club overview screen.

However, it needs tweaking slightly as it is very close to the text above and below. Any suggestions to make the image smaller etc? 

Thanks.

Spurs.png

club overview panel.xml

Glad it worked.

8 hours ago, McClane29 said:

However, it needs tweaking slightly as it is very close to the text above and below. Any suggestions to make the image smaller etc? 

I suggest you lower the value of default_height property from the stadium picture widget. Play a little with some values, see what works for you. 

Good luck.

On 12/12/2020 at 08:35, BuzzR said:

Glad it worked.

I suggest you lower the value of default_height property from the stadium picture widget. Play a little with some values, see what works for you. 

Good luck.

I've played around with the default_height="400" value, lowering it as far as -100, but no change the value changes the way the stadium image is displayed.

Reloaded the skin and game itself several times with no luck.

Any other suggestions to reduce the size of the stadium image? Could there be something missing from the config which isn't making it recognise the changes to the default height?

Thanks for any further help.

8 hours ago, McClane29 said:

Any other suggestions to reduce the size of the stadium image? Could there be something missing from the config which isn't making it recognise the changes to the default height?

The stadium picture widget is nested inside a container, along with stadium name widget and city name widget, assuming you are using the club overview stadium panel.xml that is similar to the one I have.

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="" >
			<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" layout="-1,-1,400" offset="0"/>
			<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<!--stadium name-->
			<widget class="client_object_label" size="13" style="bold" id="bbbb" alignment="centre_x,top">
				</record>
			</widget>

<!--stadium city-->
			<widget class="city_label" size="10" colour="white" id="nnnn" alignment="centre_x,top" show_nation="true">
					<integer id="get_property" value="SctI" />
				</record>
			</widget>	

<!--Stadium picture-->
				</record>
			</widget>				
		</container> 		

There is a line that defines how this widgets are sharing the height of the container, with a property  layout="-1,-1,400" .

I think you should use the same value here ( for the third value ) as the default_height you are going for. 

So for example: default_height="200", then change layout="-1,-1,200" for the container.

Maybe there is no need for default_height for the widget if you use the layout parameter for the nesting container. You should try and see.

I am also doing a lot of trial and error with all this skining.

Good luck.

Edit: spelling. 

Edited by BuzzR

2 hours ago, BuzzR said:

The stadium picture widget is nested inside a container, along with stadium name widget and city name widget, assuming you are using the club overview stadium panel.xml that is similar to the one I have.

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" layout="-1,-1,400" offset="0"/>
			<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<!--stadium name-->
			<widget class="client_object_label" size="13" style="bold" id="bbbb" alignment="centre_x,top">
				</record>
			</widget>

<!--stadium city-->
			<widget class="city_label" size="10" colour="white" id="nnnn" alignment="centre_x,top" show_nation="true">
					<integer id="get_property" value="SctI" />
				</record>
			</widget>	

<!--Stadium picture-->
				</record>
			</widget>				
		</container> 		

There is a line that defines how this widgets are sharing the height of the container, with a property  layout="-1,-1,400" .

I think you should use the same value here ( for the third value ) as the default_height you are going for. 

So for example: default_height="200", then change layout="-1,-1,200" for the container.

Maybe there is no need for default_height for the widget if you use the layout parameter for the nesting container. You should try and see.

I am also doing a lot of trial and error with all this skining.

Good luck.

Edit: spelling. 

Thanks for all the effort you've made in assisting, @BuzzR

Unfortunately though, I can't locate the code you have stated above. I am only using the 'Club Overview Panel' which I have attatched.

Should I have a "club overview stadium panel.xml" too? If so, could you share such file.

Many thanks.

club overview panel.xml

2 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Unfortunately though, I can't locate the code you have stated above. I am only using the 'Club Overview Panel' which I have attatched.

Should I have a "club overview stadium panel.xml" too? If so, could you share such file.

Many thanks.

club overview panel.xml 6.01 kB · 0 downloads

Its in the 2nd post

10 hours ago, McClane29 said:

Unfortunately though, I can't locate the code you have stated above. I am only using the 'Club Overview Panel' which I have attached.

Don't mention it. Glad to be helpful. 

I've seen your "club overview panel.xml"  now. It looks like you have added the stadium picture widget directly in this panel.

What I've seen others do - more skilled and experienced with fm skinning - they do keep things separately as the devs intended ( separation of concerns and all that :) ).

So, there is a default file witch is named "club overview stadium panel.xml" that does this - encapsulates the stadium info to be used by "club overview panel.xml".

In this file we've added the stadium picture widget, so if we want to see the stadium info and the picture we will only reference this file/panel and not edit other files/panels every time.

As @wkdsoul kindly mentioned, use the "club overview stadium panel.xml" I have provided (  copy this file next to your "club overview panel.xml" ).  It already has the picture widget.

Delete the stadium picture widget from your "club overview panel.xml".

If there are size issues with the picture, edit the "club overview stadium panel.xml" as we talk previously.

Good luck.

Edited by BuzzR
spelling

12 hours ago, BuzzR said:

Don't mention it. Glad to be helpful. 

I've seen your "club overview panel.xml"  now. It looks like you have added the stadium picture widget directly in this panel.

What I've seen others do - more skilled and experienced with fm skinning - they do keep things separately as the devs intended ( separation of concerns and all that :) ).

So, there is a default file witch is named "club overview stadium panel.xml" that does this - encapsulates the stadium info to be used by "club overview panel.xml".

In this file we've added the stadium picture widget, so if we want to see the stadium info and the picture we will only reference this file/panel and not edit other files/panels every time.

As @wkdsoul kindly mentioned, use the "club overview stadium panel.xml" I have provided (  copy this file next to your "club overview panel.xml" ).  It already has the picture widget.

Delete the stadium picture widget from your "club overview panel.xml".

If there are size issues with the picture, edit the "club overview stadium panel.xml" as we talk previously.

Good luck.

Thanks to you and @wkdsoul. I've been doing some trial and error, but haven't nailed the perfect size and positioning yet. Think the text and spacing above and below the stadium image need tweaking.

I'll keep fiddling till I get an acceptable result.

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, BuzzR said:

@pezzyhawkins @EnigMattic1 what's the issue? You cannot make it work with the "club overview stadium panel.xml",  or the size of the image ?

I will try and help if I can.

Being a total novice, I honestly don't even know where to start. I have the 2 xml files mentioned above, but the actual code is pretty much alien to me at the moment.

3 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Being a total novice, I honestly don't even know where to start. I have the 2 xml files mentioned above, but the actual code is pretty much alien to me at the moment.

Don't worry. I was lost a couple of weeks ago, too. I am not an expert - far from it, but I've grinded through the info found on the forums, so things are getting clearer- at least a little :) .

1. So first of all, you need the base skin. Check this topic by @michaeltmurrayuk Base Skins 2021 . All the basics are there, including how to install one of them.

After you've got one of the basic skin in place, you can modify it without worries of messing with the default one.

2. Go to the skin folder you've just installed.

In the "\panels" folder create another folder called "club". 

3. Copy in this "club" folder the file "club overview stadium panel.xml" from the previous posts.

4. In game clear cache & reload the skin. ( See instructions on the Base Skins 2021 topic )

Obs. There is no need of "club overview panel.xml" if you do not modify the default one.

Obs. You can edit the files ( ex: change the size of the widget - see previous posts ) with your game running. Edit the file, save it, reload the skin in-game. Remember to clear cache if you have it checked. 

1 hour ago, pezzyhawkins said:

Thanks @BuzzR but unfortunately I haven't been able to achieve this... it's not changed anything, this is with the base skin. 

What's the problem ? No stadium image ? Or you cannot resize the panel ? 

On 14/12/2020 at 23:40, McClane29 said:

Thanks to you and @wkdsoul. I've been doing some trial and error, but haven't nailed the perfect size and positioning yet. Think the text and spacing above and below the stadium image need tweaking.

I'll keep fiddling till I get an acceptable result.

Many thanks.

Hello! Do You get acceptable result with perfect size?

14 hours ago, MrSkittles said:

Hello! Do You get acceptable result with perfect size?

Hello. Apologies, I've not had the time to look closer at the issue. I've tweaked some of the suggested values, but been unable to find a satisfactory solution.

I believe if the container/widget which houses the 'Results' below the 'Stadium' container was reduced in height, then it would help in making more space. Also, there seems to be an unecessarily big space between the stadiums details below the image, i.e. build year and capacity. If this was tweaked and the gap reduced, this would also make more space. Just need to know which value needs adjusting.

Therefore, I need to make the 'Results' area smaller, but imagine I need a new file to make this change?

Any help appreciated.

Liverpool.jpg

2 minutes ago, bluman said:

does anyone know how to add the logo at the top of a skin's sidebar?

Yeah, it's the same as adding it to the bottom, but you just need to change one line of code. 

2nd post, 4th line of code, change bottom to top. 

Edited by EnigMattic1

15 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Sim, é o mesmo que adicioná-lo ao final, mas você só precisa alterar uma linha de código. 

2ª postagem, 4ª linha de código, mudar de baixo para cima. 

Ok.Thanks!

14 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Anyone able to share their 'Results' container config so I can try create more space for the stadium image, please?

<container class="title_link_box" force_title_borders="true" minimum_height="140" id="TeRe" priority="2" default_height="180" hide_view_menu="true" navigation_container="true">
                <translation id="link_title" translation_id="319447" type="use" value="Results[COMMENT: title for the previous set of first team results on the club overview panel]" />
                <string id="section" value="TeFi" />
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="club_overview_team_results_panel" id="cotr">
                    </record>
                </widget>
            </container>

2 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

<container class="title_link_box" force_title_borders="true" minimum_height="140" id="TeRe" priority="2" default_height="180" hide_view_menu="true" navigation_container="true">
                <translation id="link_title" translation_id="319447" type="use" value="Results[COMMENT: title for the previous set of first team results on the club overview panel]" />
                <string id="section" value="TeFi" />
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="club_overview_team_results_panel" id="cotr">
                    </record>
                </widget>
            </container>

Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately, my theory of altering the Results container height had no effect. I haven't got the patience or the knowledge to spend any more time on this. Shame.

12 hours ago, <<Macaco-RJ88>> said:

I tried from -50 to 55 and the City Label goes wide but the picture itself does not follow the label and doe snot stretch to match the stadium pic. Maybe another code missing?

Thank you so much!  

<widget class="picture" file="pictures/logos/background/default/right" id="bgnd" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" />
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" />
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" offset="0" gap="0" />
<integer id="get_property" value="mbpc" />
<integer id="set_property" value="file" />
</record>
</widget>

tryi that one

There is smt very odd..

When I increase to "<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="47" />" the picture shrinks from every angle:

image.png.d3bb495d000bc0a95478cf077c06cc89.png

When I decrease it to <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="-47" />  It does  not change anything from what it looks like when the inset value is the default 0.

image.png.11275f25ea038a1ee756da381658fa98.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this up again, but I wanted to have a final crack at a small detail which bugs me.

Basically I have the stadium image displaying on the Club Overview screen as desired. However, the information displayed below the stadium image (i.e. capacity, surface type) does not appear to be stable or static. As in, when you first land on the screen, there is a large gap between the first line of text and the second. Yet, when you simply hover the cursor over a tab in the titlebar, the text jumps and both lines of text merge closer together. I want each line of text to be nearer together all the time and for it to be stable. (See screenshots for example of issue).

I have attatched both panel files I'm using to make the Club Overview screen as it is now. Can anyone suggest why the text is moving about? Any pointers to the area of code which needs to be addressed would be appreciated. Could there be a duplication across the two panels which is conflicting?

Thanks for any help!

Example01.jpg

Example02.jpg

club overview panel.xml club overview stadium panel.xml

45 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Sorry to bring this up again, but I wanted to have a final crack at a small detail which bugs me.

Basically I have the stadium image displaying on the Club Overview screen as desired. However, the information displayed below the stadium image (i.e. capacity, surface type) does not appear to be stable or static. As in, when you first land on the screen, there is a large gap between the first line of text and the second. Yet, when you simply hover the cursor over a tab in the titlebar, the text jumps and both lines of text merge closer together. I want each line of text to be nearer together all the time and for it to be stable. (See screenshots for example of issue).

I have attatched both panel files I'm using to make the Club Overview screen as it is now. Can anyone suggest why the text is moving about? Any pointers to the area of code which needs to be addressed would be appreciated. Could there be a duplication across the two panels which is conflicting?

Thanks for any help!

Example01.jpg

Example02.jpg

club overview panel.xml 5.69 kB · 0 downloads club overview stadium panel.xml 5.19 kB · 0 downloads

I'm having the same problem. Also, how did you make the stadium image larger? 

6 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I'm having the same problem. Also, how did you make the stadium image larger? 

Glad I'm not the only one. It's driving me mad!

I made the stadium image smaller by adjusting the following figure in the 'Club Overview Stadium' panel. I adjusted 'layout="-1,-1,400to 'layout="-1,-1,360'. Play with this figure until it you find a suitable size. Please note that I removed the 'View Facilities' button beforehand from the container as it took up needless room.

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" layout="-1,-1,360" offset="0"/>

18 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Glad I'm not the only one. It's driving me mad!

I made the stadium image smaller by adjusting the following figure in the 'Club Overview Stadium' panel. I adjusted 'layout="-1,-1,400to 'layout="-1,-1,360'. Play with this figure until it you find a suitable size. Please note that I removed the 'View Facilities' button beforehand from the container as it took up needless room.

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" layout="-1,-1,360" offset="0"/>

Good shout on the 'view facilities' button. Where can I find that?

I'm starting to wonder if it would be possible to have it so the details such as 'year built' and 'condition' actually on the image itself? Sure, depending on the actual image, it might not work, but I'm still curious as to whether or not it is possible. 

7 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Good shout on the 'view facilities' button. Where can I find that?

I'm starting to wonder if it would be possible to have it so the details such as 'year built' and 'condition' actually on the image itself? Sure, depending on the actual image, it might not work, but I'm still curious as to whether or not it is possible. 

In the 'Club Overview Stadium' panel, delete the final container as follows:

<container>
        <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right" offset="0" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
        <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" />

<widget class="link_button" id="vfac" auto_size="horizontal"  appearance="buttons/link/button">
            <translation id="text" translation_id="320412" type="use" value="View Facilities[COMMENT: club stadium overview; button which when clicked takes you to see more details about the club stadium]" />
        </widget>
  </container>  

As for text on the stadium image, I believe it is possible, but I'd prefer to keep the format with the stadium details below the image myself.

8 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

In the 'Club Overview Stadium' panel, delete the final container as follows:

<container>
        <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right" offset="0" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
        <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" />

<widget class="link_button" id="vfac" auto_size="horizontal"  appearance="buttons/link/button">
            <translation id="text" translation_id="320412" type="use" value="View Facilities[COMMENT: club stadium overview; button which when clicked takes you to see more details about the club stadium]" />
        </widget>
  </container>  

As for text on the stadium image, I believe it is possible, but I'd prefer to keep the format with the stadium details below the image myself.

Is there any way to just make the stadium image wider? Or is changing the number you highlighted the only way to resize the image?

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Is there any way to just make the stadium image wider? Or is changing the number you highlighted the only way to resize the image?

Not that I know of I'm afraid. Just making the image wider would cause it to lose its aspect ratio and look stretched.

Anyone have any idea about the text which keeps moving about?

So, as a total skinning newbie, I used the "club overview stadium panel" mentioned above (base skin) without modifying anything, but obviously something is wrong, with the stadium picture just timidly peeking at the bottom right of the screen:D

Also, can you point me to a guide that tells me how I move around the various containers (putting kits on the bottom right and stadium on the top left for example). Thank you :)

stadium.png

5 hours ago, AlexTheTall said:

Where do you find those pretty stadium pictures guys? 

Don't think we're allowed to post direct to other sites, but just Google: 'Football Manager stadium images' and you'll find what you're looking for.

Sorry to call people out, but the issues with the stadium detail text moving around and a number of container headings disappearing (issues posted seperately above) is incredibly frustrating and preventing me from playing the game normally.

As you've both been very helpful to get the screen to this stage so far, would you have any suggestions to solve the issues please, @BuzzR, @wkdsoul

On 10/01/2021 at 19:22, Lucas78 said:

So, as a total skinning newbie, I used the "club overview stadium panel" mentioned above (base skin) without modifying anything, but obviously something is wrong, with the stadium picture just timidly peeking at the bottom right of the screen:D

Also, can you point me to a guide that tells me how I move around the various containers (putting kits on the bottom right and stadium on the top left for example). Thank you :)

stadium.png

Hi.

You need  to edit "club overview panel.xml". The default one ( see attached ) has comments .

Basically in this file there are :

1.  A general details container .. .the top one. Don't need to touch it.

2. A big container ( with horizontal arranged children ) that holds :

2.1. A smaller container ( with vertical arranged children ) that holds:

2.1.1. Even smaller container : 2 selector widgets ( each within a container of its own )

2.1.1. Other even smaller container: results widget 

2. 2. A smaller container ( with vertical arranged children ) that holds:

2. 2.1 .Even smaller container : staff widget

2. 2.2. Even smaller container : kits widget

2. 2.3. Even smaller container : stadium text widget and club_overview_stadium_panel widget

What you want is to swap the first selector container from 2.1.1 with the container from 2.2.3 . 

You will have to toy around with sizes.

Hope it helps.

club overview panel.xml

17 hours ago, McClane29 said:

Sorry to call people out, but the issues with the stadium detail text moving around and a number of container headings disappearing (issues posted seperately above) is incredibly frustrating and preventing me from playing the game normally.

As you've both been very helpful to get the screen to this stage so far, would you have any suggestions to solve the issues please, @BuzzR, @wkdsoul

I've noticed the text moving issue myself at the begging. I think I've gave more space to the "club overview stadium panel" in the "club overview panel" and it kind of stretched out.

The container headers issue is probably from the fact that you have multiple containers / widgets ( the selector ones ) with the same id in the "club overview panel"  file.  Try and change them.

Hope it helps.

5 hours ago, BuzzR said:

I've noticed the text moving issue myself at the begging. I think I've gave more space to the "club overview stadium panel" in the "club overview panel" and it kind of stretched out.

The container headers issue is probably from the fact that you have multiple containers / widgets ( the selector ones ) with the same id in the "club overview panel"  file.  Try and change them.

Hope it helps.

Sorry to be a nuisance. Can you detail how you gave "more space" to the club overview panel withing the club overview pane?

The only reference I can see is the following code (but there is no numerical attribute to change):

<widget class="club_overview_stadium_panel" id="clos">
                        <list id="get_properties">
                            <record>
                                <integer id="get_property" value="TsHA" />
                                <integer id="set_property" value="Shwn" />
                                <boolean id="dont_set_object" value="true" />
                            </record>
                            <record>
                                <integer id="set_property" value="Cclu" />
                                <boolean id="dont_set_object" value="true" />
                            </record>
                            <record>
                                <integer id="get_property" value="Tsre" />
                                <boolean id="dont_set_hint" value="true" />
                            </record>
                        </list>
                    </record>
                </widget>

In regard to the container headers, I assume you are referring to the following section of code?

<container class="client_object_viewer_selector_panel" id="cos1" minimum_height="200" priority="1" >

<widget class="club_league_history_graph" id="clhg" file="club/club league history graph no buttons" default_item="true" section="cmps">
                        <translation id="title" translation_id="319446" type="use" value="League History[COMMENT: title for the league position history on the club overview panel]" />
                    </widget>
                    <widget class="team_container_overview_teams_panel" id="tcot" section="TeSq">
                        <translation id="title" translation_id="229362" type="use" value="Teams" />
                    </widget>
                    <widget class="team_transfer_snapshot_panel" id="Tran" valid_for_fmc="false" >
                        <translation id="title" translation_id="296337" type="use" value="Pending Transfers"/>
                    </widget>
                    <widget class="team_container_information_background_panel" id="Cbac">
                        <translation id="title" translation_id="333728" type="use" value="Club Background[COMMENT: title for panel showing a club's background]" />
                    </widget>
                </container>

Not sure which IDs to look at, but they all look different from each other. Could you please clarify?

Thanks for any further help.