[FM21] Extreme Scottish Lower League - Vale of Clyde

End of Season Review 2058-59

tracker.thumb.PNG.2ae6b210c5ce29ab4e30198c19119c76.PNG

Another good season for us.

It promised so much and in the end didn't deliver but on reflection it still has to go down as a strong season. We reached the later stages of the domestic cups and were in a title challenge all the way to the split.

Our bank balance is very healthy and we did well in Europe also.

The fans were flocking to the Ashley Neto Arena to see a really strong performing squad...

overview.PNG.dbe44809d19af0bb6de2d5b1ad2f86ac.PNG

Marc Duffy really stepped up this season and he's now a Premiership keeper by my metrics. We also have Tim Sharp in my attacking AMC trio who is prem quality but, despite his great assist record, he didn't quite set the heather alight this season.

Garry Haining was the best of my AMC trio with an average of 7.09 but the others played their part this year.

James Ward up top filled the void of Max Kilkolly well with a return of 21 goals and Haining wasn't far behind with 15.

At the other end of the pitch the defence was strong this year and if I can keep them all happy with their game time I think that we could really be on the cusp of a solid, experienced back line that could really be a solid foundation for me to build on.

1344765399_awards1.PNG.59aae081dc6f96f0f7bfe07dee5beb92.PNG144996685_awards2.PNG.ad6f402fc93b14d9afd0a56fc3eb1992.PNG

toty.PNG.f3684a3d15c7894ce8d5477e352fac44.PNG

It was a good season overall. We hit the heights I thought in the league and we did well in the cups. A first major cup final still eludes us and I'm desperate to change that but we don't have much choice other than to pick ourselves up and go again next year.

Considering that this has turned into a bit of a youth only save I still think that we are doing very well. I'm thinking that 2072/73 may be my final year at the club so if I'm still coming up short over the next few years I might have to take the plunge again and evaluate the market and see if anyone can come in to help propel us to the next level.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, turnip said:

It's rough luck to draw Lille in the Champions League Qualifiers

Was hoping for some luck but sadly none available.

Alba gu Bràth

2025872383_3rdplace.PNG.04a4d4869c3a33812eb910aba5020a3d.PNG

A third place in the Nations League when all was said and done. That's very respectable when you think about it and we also beat the reigning European and World Champions in the Netherlands to take that honour.

We have actually started our Euro 2060 Qualifiers but I forgot to take a pic of the table before it kicked off so let me tell you we are in a group with Iceland, Ukraine, San Marino and Hungary. A very winnable group I feel and I'll be disappointed if we don't top it.

Season 2059-60 Preview

schedule.PNG.ea039271ca8365cd2b31f91ee3bdf024.PNG

Tough opposition this time out in preseason so I'm not too concerned about the relatively poor looking results. We were chopping and changing the team getting fitness levels up so it would be tough to judge the lads against the results.

There has been quite a bit of transfer activity this summer so let's go through that before we start talking about predictions...

19111756_newchallenge.PNG.eaec649a6363244084d79a5607f4f405.PNG

Alan Irving was so close to being a one club man but sadly he wanted another challenge. No clubs were interested in him even offering him out for nothing so I released him to grant his wish after all he's done for the club.

Another old head to leave for nothing...

391960167_saletocrawley.PNG.e2343e1f28c1814ef4b2b2b8c8a5b1f8.PNG

Anton wasn't getting many games as his CA had stagnated far below his PA so we allowed him to leave for nothing to Crawley when he asked to go.

A couple of sales of the younger lads also happened for a bit of a cash injection...

743994337_saletoDundee.PNG.12db96249718b62fa955f8e4f9645460.PNG

602753277_saletoMotherwell.PNG.3f4c411a0f7b891d695da6f6896bfae1.PNG

Boydie went to Dundee and and Ryan went to the Steelmen. Both have good PA but probably wouldn't get much of a chance here and we have cover so I allowed them to go seeing as their was interest.

Speaking of interest...

1167784641_celticoffer.PNG.3d36a99f669a7bd8086bde2d7aada384.PNG

...I just couldn't work for such a soulless organization :brock:;)

And so to the predictions.

The board want us to remain a top flight side but the players are starting to believe a bit more and think that we can achieve a mid-table finish, bookies have us down for 8th.

611612951_preview8th.PNG.2ef7b3e6b5f674a730d9f16175faa41f.PNG

I think top three again. I'd love to be in a title challenge again but if I'm honest I'd take 3rd and a cup win. I'm so desperate to reach a cup final. I'm not even sure how upset I'd be if we made a final and lost as just reaching a final would be brilliant.

Europa will be tough but I'd bet we get out the groups and then I'd be aiming for the quarters again but the draw will need to be kind to us.

Let's go Tin Pail!

Aug/Sept/Oct 2059-60

schedule.PNG.b07e9de65e687459c66b34c7bdf44d9a.PNG

A solid start to the season for us this year.

We've thankfully managed to reach the Europa League Group Stage which threw up a challenging group compared to other years but I definitely think we can get through in second behind Juventus and so far we are on course for that from what we've played.

We've also managed to navigate our way through the Betfred Cup but we have Dundee in the semi final and they seem to have taken over from Pollock as our bogey team so I'm a bit nervous about it, fingers crossed for us folks.

The league has gone well. We're second behind the Bhoys but not by much and other than the draw against Dundee we only dropped points to Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen which are all tough games. Dundee though. Really starting to hate them. They are a pain in my side constantly. We're playing some good football though and I'm happy with how we are looking.

Tragedy has struck though as long serving talisman Simon Bell is pretty much out for the rest of the season after a horror tackle over the period. The young boys will have to step up and be counted this year.

stats.PNG.a749d077700aabfd8f81dd76a82c9f6d.PNG

Alba gu Bràth

1683897326_EuroQualifiers.PNG.b49ed0aa2655a939d454831deb3a0c1a.PNG

An undefeated qualifying campaign has really laid down a marker!

Maybe the national pool is better than I thought? Really excited to see who we get in the finals and who knows, with a bit of lady luck on our side maybe we can go deep into the tournament and create some great memories for the country.

There's a chance I'm getting carried away though considering we are by far the best team in this group :lol:

753140462_EurosTable.PNG.a731603a29266d71fa8a7dcb8c8d7007.PNG

Nov/Dec/Jan 2059-60

schedule.PNG.512af799d6f6f09a4218c278e43cd737.PNG

How much do I hate Dundee?

Yet again another exit at the semi final stage, this time in the Betfred Cup to The Dee. It's frustrating to keep seeing us fall at the last stage.

Europa campaign went as planned and we advanced in second behind Juventus, what they were doing in this competition I don't know. We've drawn heavyweights in Borussia Dortmund in the knock-outs so I'm not expecting to go much further to be honest.

We drew The Bhoys in the Scottish Cup and I thought that would be our campaign over but Celtic have spiralled into a terrible run of form over the period both conceding top place in the league and also getting comfortably beaten by me to go out the cup, happy days.

With regards to league form, we went far behind Celtic in that spiral as a terrible festive period may cost us a chance at the title. The Jambos and The Dons have been relentless recently but I'm still hanging in there and hopefully if we can continue or strong new year form we might get ourselves back in contention for the title.

stats.PNG.33a164b13558a0424b645e1bf4ec55e1.PNG

There has also been some transfer activity in the winter window with a couple of sales...

2050877647_saletobrentford.PNG.c7081aec372031bdb3691b02ba9eff13.PNG

Craig wasn't get many games as he never kicked on with his CA but still got PA so Brentford have taken a punt.

1771084554_saletorosscounty.PNG.92745cef871cf32681ba41fe7b58182a.PNG

One of last year's graduates. I said he would be used as cover if I sold either Menzies or Bradley and neither have been sold so I decided to cash in when an offer came in and hope we get a relatively decent prospect again this year.

Youth Intake 2060 Preview

preview.PNG.f4a03c16b1d321b4a7b40caa62b01e25.PNG

That is a really exciting write up by the HoYD so I'm genuinely excited to see this years crop. Our stadium bank loan still has another three years to run on it so I won't be investing any money in the team for a few years yet.

Alba gu Bràth

1774149813_Eurodraw.PNG.3d5eb1ef9c2367d150b5daedd6c0b068.PNG

The draw for the Euro's is in and we've got a very manageable group so I'm very hopeful of reaching the knock-out rounds.

The draw for the next Nations League has also happened...

92496708_NationsLeague.PNG.5eebd93d819e8c567c3ebbb9046f3e43.PNG

Tough with Italy in there, my former employers, but let's see what happens.

Feb/Mar/Apr/May 2059-60

schedule.PNG.8123546c08e0debc9eff88f76efee5c7.PNG

Bridesmaids again :(.

We made it all the way to the penultimate game this year but we just couldn't quite take the jump to top spot. We played some decent football over the period but in the big games against the big clubs we just couldn't get the wins to get us over the line. 

We ended up out of the remaining cups in pretty unspectacular fashion.

Well done to the Jambos though, they're becoming a real force within Scottish football within the save. Rangers on the other hand, just look at them. They're yoyoing up and down the league at alarming rates the past few years.

stats.PNG.9640715bac539c4747875b84790419fb.PNG

Youth Intake 2060

intake.PNG.9458c382f4fe37f42387f4a39479f108.PNG

Wow! The personalities this year are incredible!

We've got a couple of real ballers there as well so let's get down to business...

First up we have Murray Clark between the sticks. Remember when we were getting keeper after keeper come through? Not had one for a whole but Murray has the potential to be special so he's been snapped up due to his premiership level PA and winning personality.

Remember when we sold Davie Harris in January? In fact, remember when we signed him this time last year as cover as one of the right backs may be off? Well, same scenario this year with Drew Watson. Menzies is starting to get unhappy with his playing time so he might go this summer. Just covering my bases and the bonus of Drew is that he's comfortable either flank.

Another ball winning midfielder has popped through in Christopher McGowan. From having very little in that position we've now got quite the abundance.

A couple of wide players we will need to convert to AMC are Dominic Harrison and Dylan Oakley. Dylan doesn't have the greatest personality but he's got PA. With the talent I have I could maybe of not bother signing him but we'll give him a chance. Dom looks good and has that winning personality I really look for.

And finally, the fella graduating that could probably go straight into the first team squad and play in cup games next season, Derek Wilson. Take a bow son. His strength is terrible but we'll get him in the gym and on the pasta and hopefully he can come along very quickly.

I liked this year's class, very happy with what I've signed.

End of Season Review 2059-60

tracker.thumb.PNG.58bd5596db3e8fa8be53b7d196cefd5f.PNG

Close but no cigar.

That seems to be our club motto currently. It was a good season for a club of our stature. We're improving all the time in every possible respect from the top to the bottom. Our season tickets are up, the average attendance is in the high 90% and the board have agreed to an expansion. It's not be much but it's a start. We were better on the pitch as well with the fewest amount of games lost ever since we came up to the Premiership so on and off the pitch we are doing the right things and improving. I can not wait for 2063 when the Ashley Neto Arena debt is paid off though! Not sure if I will really reap the benefits too much if a I retire in 2073 as planned but I can't wait to get that monkey off the clubs back.

overview.PNG.e0a5594333ba580b26395039a2960ddb.PNG

I really can't fault the lads again this year. Every position you look in did well. These are players who are still improving and still young, none of them in their prime, and they're giving me their best. 

It was sad to see Simon Bell miss the whole season pretty much. The injury has affected him and dropped his CA and this is probably started the decline I think. He's so close to being a one club man so I hope he sticks around and accepts a limited role at the club.

Young William McGinn really stepped up in place of Bell though! 16 goals this year, what a return. The AMC's were all in good form for large spells of the season this year with the assists being high. 

Garry Haining stole the show for me this year though. 18 goals with 10 assists, magical. He's another close to the end of his career and one of the few who are actually in their prime. How he didn't win any awards this year is beyond me.

2122848935_awards1.PNG.e1c49a97c49e9a3c2585452d83dd06c5.PNG406366453_awards2.PNG.5ccbafce6d71cd72d34ab1ccc2743cee.PNG

Marc Duffy stole the show this year though. Club awards and he also featured in the SPL Team of the Year as well as scooping all the person awards at national level. If I'd had him on free kick and penalty duty maybe he could have even been a contender for the golden boot!

TOTY.PNG.17478e640475ff0f5cab20aabfb8788a.PNG

There was also personal recognition for me this year as I scooped both Manager of the Year awards.

A good season overall. Heartbreaking to miss out on th eleague but we're getting closer.

Have you been asking for the Youth Facilities to get upgrade?  You have the cash and it will help with your intakes

4 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Have you been asking for the Youth Facilities to get upgrade?  You have the cash and it will help with your intakes

Got the money to pay for it but not quite sure how much the increase will cost in the day to day running so I've been cautious about asking for it until the stadium debt is paid off.

Alba gu Bràth

1171936975_EFinalstable.PNG.f7b3047cbd5806ab0d1c8e704e3e3133.PNG

We sailed through the group stage of Euro 2060.

We actually went one down in the opening game against Slovakia but a goal from central midfield levelled it up for us but still our first half performance was nae that impressive. I put fresh legs on in one of the AMC berths by bringing Aberdeen inverted winger Reece Scullion and he made an instant impact by going on a jinking run before curling the ball into the top corner and put us in the lead.

We were off to the races then and saw out the game in command.

We were dominant in the next game and easily brushed aside the Czech's before resting a few boys and riding our luck against the Welsh but Coventry City central defender Billy Berry popped up in the box from a corner to get us a goal and give us the win.

We were through into the knock-outs and drew a big boy instantly in Belgium and in a tight game we didn't really do much and sadly went out to a peach of a free kick.

The SFA set the target of the knock-outs so I achieved what they asked and they said they were pleased with my performance. Personally, a bit disappointed to go out so quick but a lot of the squad is of a good age so there's definitely a lot to look forward to in the World Cup next time out.

France ended up beating Poland in the final.

1988136318_Eurosschedule.PNG.6009454fb121ca7f338de07f03c0e97d.PNG

During the tournament a nice little milestone came about...

1638317337_2000games.PNG.55577a0c97fe6e38a0224e9b008dc494.PNG

9 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Got the money to pay for it but not quite sure how much the increase will cost in the day to day running so I've been cautious about asking for it until the stadium debt is paid off.

I would say with you European exploits being a seasonal thing now, you can at least try for 2 bumps and still not take too much of a hit.  The benefits with the intakes might be what takes you to the next level of winning the league and cups. 

Season 2060-61 Preview

schedule.PNG.25308d9a347341106978c0c2edd08e7a.PNG

A tough group of fixtures again for preseason and some patchy form but I never really played a full strength team in any games so I'm not too fussed. The boys are all fit and match sharp and we should hopefully hit the ground running this season as the opening day is a game against the Hoops.

So the players and the board now think we can achieve a mid-table finish, the bookies as well...

preview.PNG.eb07e2281727eeef1d8272b04259882d.PNG

There has been a sale over the summer but not a major one as one of my academy graduates leaves to join Championship side Raith Rovers...

1346624892_saletoraith.PNG.88ada794b37633b47d217a218cff78f5.PNG

So something I didn't discuss in my end of year review is our second place finish last season has actually seen us go straight through to the Champions League proper this season due to Scotland's strong co-efficiency and boy are we having a baptism of fire in a real group of death...

1514467460_CLGroup.PNG.b436cefbf77301806d5d7897eba2aeae.PNG

As tough a group as you could possibly imagine. There could be some real whippings handed out by City and Barca but hopefully we can do enough to finish 3rd and get into the Europa knock-outs after Christmas.

Seeing as we got £13m for the group stage I've taken you advise @Pompeyboyz & @john1 ...

1389037108_YouthFacilities.PNG.6f69e8d4430776b2fa515d05d872815b.PNG

So, my expectations for this year? Win the league. 

Previous years we've done well without believing that we actually could win it as I've placed more emphasis on cup games but now this year we're going for it.

A nice moment came in the summer as my long standing ass. man. retired and one of my former academy graduates and unofficially club legend came back to be my number two...

1549246255_NewAssMan.PNG.ddcf076b0aad53bbbed20db30d0fe95e.PNG

A player that was with me practically from day one is now my number two. Hopefully his head won't be turned and this managerial partnership can now see out what's left of my career here and who knows? Hopefully he can succeed me when I step down.

But that's not for a few years yet so let's see what this season brings us...

Aug/Sept/Oct 2060-61

schedule.PNG.48ff33ca09824a807bf417c945af0031.PNG

Opening day heartache but that has given way to a great run of form!

We lost to the Bhoys on the opening day but since then we've been brilliant and find ourselves top of the league after the first period of time.

We're playing great football and had some great results including a 4-0 win against bogey team Dundee and a 5-2 win against the Jambos which has really given me confidence. Hearts are having a shocking start though and find themselves second bottom, the reigning champions.

We're out of the Betfred Cup in the quarters but that doesn't matter this year, we're going for the league. 

Europe has been tough and I expected it to be that way, hopefully as it plays out we can achieve third as I said. At this point I'm going to play the B team against City and Barca and hope I can take Anderlecht to achieve 3rd. The kicker against City though was that Sam Gill, my Scottish AMC for the national team, got a double against us.

stats.PNG.1db0265555841cddda2f7c8983552802.PNG

Alba gu Bràth

league.PNG.54f26b2a4642bb8ef49e9f19dc592e15.PNG

A really tough campaign and some real tricky games.

We had a real upset in the first game as we probably didn't give enough respect to Romania and paid the price. We were so dominant in the first game against Italy and should have won but we didn't and that cost us.

The friendly against China looks bad but we played a weakened side to have a look at a few players and lost three goals including a penalty in the last 10 minutes to lose.

Italy in the second game were devastating on the counter but we managed to beat Wales in the last game to finish a respectable 2nd.

schedule.PNG.5759fbd3c529b964efee82e9ddaf5ff2.PNG

Nov/Dec/Jan 2060-61

schedule.PNG.568899fef8a36d83629035fbfee93160.PNG

A strong period domestically.

We've developed a 5 point lead at the top of the table and I think that we could be on course for our first ever SPL title. We're playing some good football and James Ward has been in good goal scoring form with Marc Duffy incredible between the sticks at the other end of the field.

We've managed to advance in the Scottish Cup and despite a drubbing by Barca in the Champions League we've still managed to finish third and will play European football after Christmas as we take on Sporting Lisbon in the Europa League knock-outs.

stats.PNG.fcf6adc8ca3054ab6641e176ab49ffc2.PNG

There has been a sale in the winter transfer window with promising defensive midfielder Chris McGowan being sold to Dunfermline.1270514530_saletodunfermline.PNG.91bfba584851366685058e8c19d4c2df.PNG

We've also gone back to the board and asked for the youth facilities to be improved again seeing as our bank balance is so healthy, they've agreed.

1135276260_youthfacilities.PNG.08a9dc9af600bd074ccd994911f388d6.PNG

Alba gu Bràth

1035472290_WCGroup.PNG.a9769113dfc499f9de702dd7356527bc.PNG

The draw for the World Cup Qualifiers has been made and it's been kind to us.

Wales will be the toughest games but I seem to have them in my back pocket in recent games so I don't fear them. I'll be treating the campaign as an opportunity to bring through some of the younger lads and see what they can do at this level. No doubt the press will slaughter me saying my selection policy is extreme.

Feb/Mar/Apr/May 2060-61

schedule.PNG.4cf642590c6cb886abd3517e55debb88.PNG

Champions of Scotland!

We managed to hold our nerve and get ourselves over the line 41 year after my first game in charge, 6 promotions & a near half century of development we can say we are now the greatest team in the country.

It was a bit of a shaky march to the title after draws with bogey side Dundee and Dunfermline and then losses to the Dons and the Hibees in the top six split but we managed to get one over on the green half of Glasgow meaning we just needed to avoid defeat against the blue half of Glasgow to crown ourselves champions which we did in an open, free flowing game which could have gone anywhere. My heart my in my mouth the last 20 minutes as they battered my goalmouth non stop.

Elsewhere we had another cup semi final disappointment as we crashed out to Rangers and we also came up against a strong Spurs side in the Europa League who put us out in the second knock-out round but this season was all about taking that first league title and we delivered.

stats.PNG.cd1a958cedc249a77859006f072d348b.PNG

Youth Intake 2061

intake.PNG.bc6f313ee852cacbd1452b6df7c559da.PNG

A couple of really good prospects this season and  a couple of others signed to flesh out the squad so let's have a look.

First up, we have right back Paolo Caddeo. He could be a squad player at the club as he has some PA which means he could do a job but he has a poor personality. He's, again, more been signed as one of the clubs right backs may leave in the summer.

Iain McDowall has said he wants to leave for more game time which I can't complain about so I've signed Stuart Dunn as back up in central defence. He won't amount to much at the club I don't think but he will have to step up if called upon.

Now to the big hopes of the class of '61.

Brian Meechan is a right wide player but I'm going to convert him to an attacking central midfielder. He has an average personality but great PA so hopefully he can fulfil it. This could signal the end of days for Ian Allison.

Up top we have another striker come through in Calum Gray. We're quite stacked up top now considering we only have one starting role. Maybe Kampman might have to leave.

A decent enough class this year and with the investments we're making in the facilities now hopefully in the next few years we will see more and more quality coming through to fill the squad.

End of Season Review 2060-61

tracker.thumb.PNG.09f40926bcb8b17237bbc5991815a710.PNG

Champions!

How can I say anything else other than what a great season it was? In all aspects.

From a business point of view our season tickets were up, the average attendance was up thanks to last years stadium improvements and our bank balance is swollen thanks to the Champions League group spot, something that we will enjoy again next season.

On the pitch we were brilliant. The team has a nice blend of ages now, good experience and great CA and PA. We're really performing well and I'm confident going into all games barring the Champions League...and Dundee.

overview.PNG.fc90c656556bf32e975d68a0674e6cfd.PNG

We've got strong personalities running through the squad. The spine of the team performed really well this year with the keepers, Sloan, Menzies, Ramsay, Watson, Sharp, Haining, McGinn and Ward all doing really, really well.

There's still bags of potential in the squad so I'm really excited about what we can go on and achieve and I'm hopeful that I can claim a few more league titles before I hang up my...notepad?

2029817496_awards1.PNG.1ea0ae3be96b14adcfb8034b8ecb9ab8.PNG140503015_awards2.PNG.d542c94c940413f823aac3e6bd65761a.PNG

Marc Duffy dominating the awards this year. Can't be long before big clubs come calling. I've been including him in my Scotland squad to try to get more eyes on him.

TOTY.PNG.22784bff5196bf18080b5d353d01cfa0.PNG

I would probably have Haining in instead of Bell in my best eleven but yeah, that's pretty much my dream team this year.

The board have loosened the purse strings and there is more improvements being made to the club...

96195586_stadiumexpansion.PNG.eaa3b6906028893bc153aa4c716bafd3.PNG

1495938572_TFUpgrade.PNG.53435a9a845b5289f7f23250e8c350c4.PNG

843212936_YFUpgrade.PNG.ae1e4f0eefb5c30f81aefb0853e28040.PNG

So a great, great season for the club in all aspects. This season will go down in history, a pivotal year for us. This is the year that we broke our duck and finally won a major trophy and I'm confident that we will now go on and claim more now that the monkey is off our backs. Next year maybe we can get to a final and win a cup as well as fighting to defend our title.

1037410310_titlepic.PNG.7e304f487007d58f7664f01bc1a4ff5f.PNG

Feels great, doesn't it? :D Congratulations mate, very few would have such patience!

3 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Feels great, doesn't it? :D Congratulations mate, very few would have such patience!

Great feeling!

I’d been planning on calling it a day after 2072/73 and I’d have been really torn if I hadn’t of won some major trophies so now I’ve ticked it off I can relax and enjoy this last decade and change.

I'm one of those who has been reading since I joined the forum, but has never taken the time to post and let you know how much I've enjoyed it.  I figure the occasion of your first top flight title is as good a time as any! Congratulations, both on your championship and on a long-running, very enjoyable chronicle.  :applause:

17 hours ago, Narrator C said:

I'm one of those who has been reading since I joined the forum, but has never taken the time to post and let you know how much I've enjoyed it.  I figure the occasion of your first top flight title is as good a time as any! Congratulations, both on your championship and on a long-running, very enjoyable chronicle.  :applause:

Thank you for the congrats and taking the time to let me know you've enjoyed the thread, it's always good to read what others are thinking.

Season 2061-62 Preview

schedule.PNG.b37fc17b7f16ca7ee47c70c8b464cde1.PNG

Ok folks, let's get ready for another season with the Tin Pail and see if we can do something which we've never attempted before and that's to retain our title.

The preseason games went well as we played some great football and had some tough games amongst it. Beating the might Borussia Dortmund in Simon Bell's testimonial was a huge highlight. I know teams don't play their strongest sides in these games but it's still good to take a scalp like that and a boost of confidence for the lads.

Some big sides are now starting to look at me and think I could do a job managing their clubs and I had to fend off a big job offer this summer as the West London boys in blue came calling...

1020542693_chelseaoffer.PNG.528770d6cd4b2e5cf9478aff2e43e394.PNG

Nae chance am leaving the Pail though ;)

A few people have left the Pail though this summer...

1936631792_saletofalkirk.PNG.fa06652e893468be570dc9acee9b1000.PNG

Iain wanted regular football so I agreed to let him leave and he went to Falkirk and...

1039610458_saletokillie.PNG.0fb7493bfcdeb151444174c38671b0eb.PNG

...Drew was never going to be a player at the club so he was allowed to leave to join Killie.

So, how does everyone think we will do this year after our league heroics last year?

preview.PNG.ee11267101b95e048127199866afa310.PNG

The bookies still don't think much. The board would like us to qualify for the Europa League and the players think mid-table. I myself have far bigger ambitions and I think we can achieve another title. I think we've got it in us. I think the squad is a great mix and we seem to have a good conveyor belt of talent coming through now as well so I think we could be in with a real purple patch of trophies to come after the years of hard graft I've put in to improve the entire club and the structure. 

Something I'm not confident about though is our chances in the Champions League...

6508940_CLgroup.PNG.b002a1c871c1843c34e7881a7b9d28a7.PNG

Like last year wasn't bad enough? Hopefully we can get third again and play a few games of European football after Xmas but I think I'll be putting my eggs in the domestic league basket and also try to bag ourselves a domestic cup also.

Aug/Sept/Oct 2061-62

schedule.PNG.b93ec7aad30bfb278f71ff8a9e295090.PNG

A great start of the season for the Tin Pail domestically...

...f*****g Dundee though :seagull: ! Absolutely hate they guys now :mad:.

Yes, the Dee's have ended our hopes of a cup final in the Betfred Cup as they send us crashing out with a skelping at the quarter final stage. They've also managed to beat us at home in the league to inflict our only loss so far in the league campaign. We've had draws on the opening day to the green half of Glasgow and also the maroon half of Edinburgh but other than that we've been setting a blistering pace and find ourselves 4 points clear at the top of the league.

The Champions League has gone as expected so far with a heavy defeat at home to Champions League royalty La Blanca's and a bit of a spanking away in Turin to Juventus. We did manage to sneak a win at home to Brugge but it was a much tougher game than I was expecting and they've actually managed to beat Juventus so it could be a real fight to get third in this group.

stats.PNG.42b72d8a69b06576f38ddc7893205863.PNG

Alba gu Bràth

406356630_WCQSchedule.PNG.fca111ed3e97c812e720ea296f15e2db.PNG

A tricky little group as we played through the China '62 World Cup Qualifiers, don't let the table below fool you.

Only two games we dropped points but until the last round of games it could of been anyone between us, Wales and the Ukraine. We were quite experimental with our squad selection over the period and a few of the older heads have now given way to a younger group and I'm excited to see how we measure up against the best in the world next summer.

Sadly, most of our best talent is playing in leagues outside Scotland including a couple of lads at PSG, one at Juventus and a striker plying his ware over in the Bundesliga for Dortmund.

1875593556_WCQtable.PNG.e132aae481eea5b6c5ccf1db45811598.PNG

Nov/Dec/Jan 2061-62

schedule.PNG.2270976af1b78f5a8d8ab31e91130bd9.PNG

Told you Brugge were no slouches!

Defeat over in Belgium I thought had scuppered my chances of a third place finish but a miraculous win at home to Italian giants Juventus meant that if I played really well and kept my fingers crossed then I might actually make it into the Europa League after Christmas.

But that didn't happen. Real took me apart with ease and I finished bottom of the group alongside Juventus equal on points and Brugge actually took second spot and advanced.

Domestically we are still playing incredibly well and only lost twice in the league so far as the Hibees inflicted our second loss in the festive period. We had a couple of draws with Aberdeen and Rangers but we still find ourselves top of the league by a point with a game in hand. The big shock this year is just how poor Celtic have been. As time has gone on in this save the Old Firm have really lost their strangle hold on the league. Bizarrely I would attribute this to how well Celtic actually did in Europe with their 3 Champions League wins meaning more places went to Scotland, currently 4 spots all in the group stage, and the rest of the top sides have managed to bring in big money to close the gap.

stats.PNG.e4e46da3c46345e8b330d5f1488f0af6.PNG

There has been other developments this month as the board have again agreed to improve facilities...

475210789_TFUpgrade.PNG.d3fd13b19e402860e8fe77794811d055.PNG

358571957_YFUpgrade.PNG.a1d6087a6c436aabb7f5cacb321ab88d.PNG

...and there has been a sale to Bolton...

304412402_saletobolton.PNG.391c50597b9b68d83be811a2caab8cf2.PNG

We have plenty of cover in the AMC position so we let Fraser go. The lad that's taken his spot isn't too shabby...

693297565_GoldenBoy.PNG.052ffc2295a794787de06f8e18d50d36.PNG

497266093_u21wpoty.PNG.0a192fdf596597fab5b35e6fa2e1456a.PNG

A world footballer of the year has come through my academy! How crazy is that? Yes, it's the under 21's but still, I'm buzzing off it.