[FM21] Extreme Scottish Lower League - Vale of Clyde

Aug/Sept/Oct 2036-37

schedule.png.2c1d32f7c43c54c88d492a207746179c.png

Another blistering start to the season has seen us leap to the top of the table laying down an early marker. We've had a bit of a tougher month in October as I rotated the squad and tried to play the youngsters but I'm delighted with how we are looking and the kids have done well.

Our old nemesis Pollock have managed to gain promotion and they've already come back to haunt me as they managed to come to Fullarton Park and deny us taking three points.

We've been knocked out of the Trust Trophy but I'm not too fussed about that. We needed a second bite of the cherry and extra time to see off WoS side Edinburgh Uni in the Scottish Cup but we're through and that's the main thing.

We're looking good and I think we could be on for a push at the title this season.

stats.png.fac72c674855641f6d81d4ca6a2f4d55.png

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nov/Dec/Jan 2036-37

schedule.png.e8f5fbe9b9bd82a865c305a8155da035.png

A good November and January but a dire festive period over the period.

Spartans are starting to push us and we went second for quite a few games thanks to the draws in November and the loses in December but we've managed to pull it back in January and now opened up a four point lead again as we head into the home straight.

Matthew Naismith, who's been with us on our rise up the pyramid, has been inspired and we've been indebted to him. He's probably got the smallest PA in the squad but he's really carrying the club and leads the way as our top scorer.

I'm excited at were we are and how we're playing, this really could be our year.

stats.png.371359679887f63192cca22b0d891965.png

There has also been a transfer deal in the window as we agreed to sell young right back Jack Turner. We signed him on a free and we've turned a great profit with the deal as you can see below. The bonus being we have him until the end of the season still so let's hope we do get a right back with talent in the intake.

transfer.png.40ec1b1024fefe1ee02575173f00f034.png

There has been an end to the club takeover rumours as the club has now finally been bought.

takeover.png.c8379a6b6283ef960dd135604a7cf7f0.png

chairman.png.1c225023e0fc916125907b5e002cc901.png

I'll try again at the end of the season with the new board to see if we can turn professional, hopefully after we've been promoted which should help to sway the board.

Youth Intake 2037

INTAKE.PNG.a8c818b5b55cace08ed09dcc2bd1548a.PNG

A solid enough intake this year but nothing to set the heather alight.

Peter Hunter has the most potential but sadly his personality is useless. He's been signed and I'll have him mentored but a lot will depend on if we turn professional in the summer as to whether he hits the heights.

Phil Duffy has been snapped up and has a good personality so he will likely be in the squad as of next season with Turner leaving.

Nathan Dunlop has been signed to provide cover at centre back. He will probably be called up to the main squad next year as Leishman looks to be on the way out at the end of the year as we enter a contract negotiation stand off.

Tony Jones looks great and already has decent CA, a great personality and PA to be playing in the championship by my metrics so I'm very excited by him.

We've got a couple of midfielders in Paul MacPherson and Corey Bulpin coming through who have been snapped up to fill out the squad, we're quietly stock piling midfielders.

And the last player offered a contract was Calum Richardson. Probably won't amount to much but he's a body in which we need.

Feb/Mar/Apr/May 2036-37

league.PNG.18f271c2cf19cf1e85657e6b192ae93e.PNG

schedule.png.b5ecb7ac7319b4bced6c3beda4912c74.png

We did it! We did it! We limped our way through and scraped the league by the skin of our teeth!

Vale of Clyde will be playing League One football next season.

It was really touch and go after our dismal form in March and we even dropped to second but we managed to rally and Vale of Clyde have won their first ever Scottish League Two trophy.

We had injuries to Cunningham, our rock in the heart of defence and our inspirational AMC Naismith needed resting for games as he was carrying an injury but we got over the line in what has been a fantastic and thrilling season. 

stats.png.72988a53c1eed4e980445f23ed3bfdad.png

Edited by metallimuse

Season 2036-37 Review

tracker.thumb.PNG.c4a54dbd530061a2e3bc472358c9691c.PNG

Well, the tracker is a surprise. What I thought was a great season turns out to be very similar to last season, the difference being we turned one of our draws into a win. I guess the excitement of being top of the league for big blocks was made it feel different this year as it's not something that we've experienced a lot. We managed a decent run in the Scottish Cup and the club buy out has meant our coffers have been boosted over the past 12 months.

overview.PNG.69cee84856fd8e54042f40d9016af8e6.PNG

The squad has been decent this year without really excelling. We've obviously had players like McKenzie, Naismith, Mitchell and Stevenson that have stood out but the squad as a whole was more solid rather than spectacular. There's a few players that I haven't tied down to new deals yet as I think next season I will look to try and get a few players on loan from parent club Kilmarnock to add a touch of class to the squad who is tied down, we also have the newest academy batch to try to use to plug any gaps and get them game time to improve.

toty.png.fdff7f3c2b5a6120c4526918b34df5fc.png

No complaints with the best XI this year either, the player awards are pretty bang on other than maybe young player of the year. That could have been given to any of the young kids. I thought Douglas Flynn was fantastic myself when I brought him into the team between the sticks.

A1.PNG.61402bce6ef55693c3defbf3cddf7615.PNGa2.PNG.b16472420fa42288851de7b1671b1333.PNG

We also had a few records broken this season...

327499263_BREAKERS1.PNG.b01111ecaba1bb303bc79eec358d4fce.PNG168751799_breakers2.PNG.982fd2da5938b690e48b479e46250300.PNG

So we had a good season. We were blistering at the start and kind of petered out towards the end but our early season form was enough to see us over the line. Again, I'm going to ask to turn the club professional this summer which I hope will be granted. Next season will be a struggle but I'm hopeful with some loans from Killie and possibly a look at the free agents we can survive and look to keep building. 

trophy.PNG.b6b16bafdd02c3413efe0c988feb0b68.PNG

9 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

You're making very good progress.

Cheers mate, it's been really enjoyable so far.

It's all about the '5 year plan' with each promotion :lol:

Season 2037-38 Preview

schedule.png.0d4c92b76c097abb71bc3acc8c7e0cb0.png

A great showing in the Betfred Cup this year and I actually feel aggrieved that our performances and results weren't enough to get us through in second.

Nobody will be surprised to hear that the bookies have us down for finishing last, the board want us to fight bravely against relegation and the players don't think we have any chance of surviving.

There has been one new arrival this summer. Young Ross Ross has joined from Stirling Uni with bags of potential so hopefully we can get the best out of him and help him to improve.

On that topic, we pleaded with the board to let us turn professional but they were having none of it so we are still a semi-professional side sadly.

I'm actually quite hopeful about the season ahead. I'm not sure if Stranraer and Greenock played weakened sides against us but we did so well which makes me think we can hold our own up here in League One.

Leishman and McLaughlin have left the club at the end of their contracts but Ian Murray is still at the club but still has not signed a new deal. We've promoted a lot of the academy graduates as Killie didn't really have anyone I felt could come in and be that much better than what we have.

So we have a very young squad which may work against us but I'm still quietly confident. I would bite your hand off to finish 7th/8th. I think we'll be down the bottom but I'm confident that we won't struggle too badly and be rock bottom.

Aug/Sept/Oct 2037-38

schedule.png.d04e742a7f4f11b381b62f55d523cb30.png

A decent enough start to the season has given way to relegation form in the past month. We've not been playing badly though so I remain quietly confident that we won't be relegated.

We were knocked out of the SPFL Trust Trophy but I've never put much of an effort into that competition so I'm not worried about that.

The academy boys have performed admirably when called upon and as long as we can start eking out some more draws and the occasion win I think we will hold our own and in a few years these young lads will be looking to take us up. I'm definitely going to be relying on the academy the next few years as we look to try to improve our finances alongside improving our facilities. 

stats.png.af1ed61bdd3bcf76977576de39c143cf.png

Youth Intake 2038 Preview

Forgot to take a snap of the intake message so you'll have to view it from the development centre...

541010352_intakepreview.png.c9dd0e4330a759593efa555b26b3b482.png

We don't play with wingers so I'm not very excited about this intake.

Nov/Dec/Jan 2037-38

schedule.png.ae5738c982371e018f1d3ff22cd8f417.png

Another rough period for the club but we expected that we'd find it tough. To look on the bright side we are only 7 points off 5th. The leagues are very tight so I'm not too worried being 9th and in the relegation play off spot. Hopefully we can get some results and claw our way to 8th as the season reaches it's conclusion.

We got spanked by the Arabs in the Scottish Cup and we didn't even enjoy a big pay day for it so I'm very unhappy about that.

stats.png.0a6416fc500b1650dcac2dbdef97450c.png

There has been one transfer in the winter window when Falkirk won a bidding war with Raith Rovers for Mick Ross. Hopefully he kicks on and improves massively as another 50% future fee clause like we had when we sold Turner could be massive.

transfer.png.ca60c92dbb598c1cc390da40d86a18a4.png

Youth Intake 2038

intake.PNG.77282033768eb88771cbe0da3e5fb11c.PNG

A better intake than I was expecting but none of the high PA players have good personalities sadly so with only being semi-pro it will be a struggle to get them trying to fulfil their promise. 

The following players have been signed:

Despite our abundance of goalkeepers I have signed Jonathan Reilly as he has a decent personality compared to Peter Hunter last year.

Another position we are stacked in is left back but I've again signed Jamie Sweeney for the reasons outlined above.

Adrian John has a great personality so he's been snapped up for CB as Cunningham isn't getting any younger.

Andy Ross has been signed for AMC duty as Murray will definitely be leaving this summer so we need to have bodies in. Great potential but a poor attitude sadly.

And finally the boy with the best PA is Alberto McGeever. We don't play with wingers and he has a poor personality so I'm doubtful that we'll get the best of him but we'll try and see what we can do re-training him as an AMC.

So while it was better than I'd hoped it's still not the greatest intake I've had. Really disappointed with personalities so hopefully we can change them but I'm finding it really hard to accomplish as a semi-pro club.

Feb/Mar/Apr/May 2037-38

schedule.png.36866395fcf6cb650ca8393756443a34.png

Well it came down to the final day of the season and after spending April in the relegation play-off place we pulled it out of the bag and managed to ensure survival in League One on the final day of the season. Is there any better feeling then getting the result you need on the last day of the season to ensure survival/promotion/European place/title?

It's been a tough old season, as expected, but we can look back on the season with a sense of pride that a club of our size and stature and limited resources has managed to accomplish our goal of survival this year.

We played well in the games against teams around and our early season form was decent enough and that's what has helped us to achieve what we set out to do.

stats.png.3f3a050b6099e491f99a4fc9877e7d1e.png

Season 2037-38 Review

tracker.thumb.PNG.9edee63547ab976780f3e428ced2c73c.PNG

Well as I mentioned in the previous post, it was a tough year. We expected it to be though and I didn't think the jump to League One would be as easy as our jump from Lowland to League Two.

Our season tickets and average attendance went up this year which was brilliant and our bank balance is steadily increasing despite not getting any plum ties in the cups.

overview.PNG.050baafdd9025a0a5df5bfd9100bb5a4.PNG

The squad perform well enough this year. The vast majority of them are so so young so I can't be too critical. We will probably be in for a few tough years as we blood them all through and watch them mature and increase their CA through playing time.

Murray will leave this summer and possibly all time leading league goal scorer Chris Mitchell. Marc Fraser's contract is up but I will enter negotiations after this write up and tie him down for another year or two.

I'm not planning on entering the transfer market this summer as I'm really keen to give the young lads time to develop.

So let's have a look at the player awards this year...

a1.PNG.7c53a40a07e0039cd1d55c3cde7b352e.PNGa2.PNG.96ab5acd26f63269043ae871078f6574.PNG

Jaime McKenzie just killing it as always and he has now become an icon for the club along with Matthew Naismith.

Some club records were also broken this season...

237996718_fastgoal.PNG.b09392e81a1e5d09cea6e637d17e1d61.PNG

1533000335_youngestplayer.PNG.78d5511b33f63d06df68f6ad17ad3394.PNG

And the team of the year is...

toty.png.405229651fc00ff5f41214e0993edc3e.png

No complaints with the selection, it was the preferred starting eleven.

So overall it was a season as expected. It was touch and go whether we would need the play offs to survive but final day heroics have kept us up. As I said earlier, I think it may be a tough couple of seasons ahead as we stabilize in this division and blood the new generation but this was always going to be a long term save. I'm proud that we've barely spent a penny and achieved all that we have.  

Hopefully next season we can get some big teams in the cups and push the bank balance up and get some better facilities.

Edited by metallimuse
10 hours ago, Bristol CityFC1981 said:

Great read!! Will now be following

looking to start one tho and Loch Ness look a nice challenge but can you take them any higher than caladiaion league??

There's no promotion from the Caledonian league in the first season but there is in the 2nd. There's a 2 legged tie with the team that's bottom of the highland league for promotion. I've got Inverness Athletic in the Highland League. 

5 hours ago, davenumber40 said:

There's no promotion from the Caledonian league in the first season but there is in the 2nd. There's a 2 legged tie with the team that's bottom of the highland league for promotion. I've got Inverness Athletic in the Highland League. 

Amazing! Cheers 

@metallimuse

Do you use mentoring in your reserves/U18's? I'm guessing you might not need to since you've signed such positive personalities. I'm debating on trying it but I'm afraid it could do more harm than good. 

Have you found any training in particular that you like for your young players? I know for PT players your gains are basically just going to come from personality but I still like micromanaging my training. I've made basic schedules up  but can't decide if they're really doing anything. 

6 hours ago, davenumber40 said:

@metallimuse

Do you use mentoring in your reserves/U18's? I'm guessing you might not need to since you've signed such positive personalities. I'm debating on trying it but I'm afraid it could do more harm than good. 

Have you found any training in particular that you like for your young players? I know for PT players your gains are basically just going to come from personality but I still like micromanaging my training. I've made basic schedules up  but can't decide if they're really doing anything. 

With mentoring I've moved all the reserves up to the main squad and made available for games in the reserves and paired them up with good personalities.

I've not really touched training so far, due to starting so far down the pyramid, except on the odd occasion to train a player in a new role/position. In this save I'm going to wait until we turn professional and I can implement a full weeks schedule until I delve into this. I will be documenting it with spreadsheets once I get going though so you can all see what's happening.

I did focus heavily on training in one of my saves last year when I took a lower league German side up the pyramid, you can view it here:

From what I remember I did have a lot of success with moulding the players into a more technical group who were comfortable on the ball but they did always complain that they felt their physical attributes diminished, I'm not sure if that was what actually happened just that they complained every week. I still had good harmony and backing from the players though.

Season 2038-39 Preview

preseason.png.f65eb8e8e80b9adc5e5cfa12317be562.png

Pre-season/Betfred Cup went as expected. We still aren't taking the competition that seriously yet as we aren't expected to make much headway in it so it is still just a way to bring the players fitness up. It was really good to play Millwall though and get a win. Always good to take on an English side and win.

The season's expectations are still really low. The board want us to fight bravely against going down and the players expect us to be in a relegation fight. The bookies have us down to finish last again with odds of 250-1, worse than last year if memory serves me correctly.

There has been one signing this summer as Layton Bisland was brought in as cover for right full back in a short gap measure as Marc Fraser refused to sign a new contract and wanted to take on a fresh challenge. Fraser Murray also left the club as well as all time league top scorer Chris Mitchell who also wanted a new challenge.

We got a bit of a cash injection to the club as well as one of our sell on clauses bore fruit...

clause.PNG.0634428677cc37db7a2743dfd9db078a.PNG

So my prediction this season? I think we are in for another tough year. I think this is going to be the league that we take a lot of time in and slowly start to transform the club from top to bottom. I thought there would come a time when we would get stuck and have to build up the infrastructure and set ourselves up for the long term to position ourselves for reaching the top and I think this may be it.

I think we will be no higher than 6th, I'd happily accept 8th again though.

Jul/Aug/Sept/Oct 2038-39

schedule.png.b18383f1886ffc999f93d9a0ba6d6826.png

A tough opening to the season really. I mean we actually did at the actual start but October was a bleak time. Things weren't helped by a late sale...

transfer.PNG.8c1e06df7d49426b2242781854259e3b.PNG

Ross wanted to go and kept complaining and at £22.5 we got nearly 4 times his worth and a clause of 50% of any future fee so it represented a decent deal. Losing Ross' experience though has been tough. Even at 21 he was considered one of the older heads in the squad and an influential player. So we are a "youthful side" as the press keep writing in game. We will keep going though and amongst the game's I had a little up date of my career...

647986219_800games.png.ee5d07b0360b5524345b89481ab33f68.png

"Club legend", that's right. The new stadium, whenever it get's proposed, better be named after me :brock:

stats.png.ea76f83e4a771e9899a1208d0c3555b6.png

Youth Intake 2039 Preview

1985432623_intakepreview.png.5a8e5e36939e08d9cd4951c2db76363d.png

We could really do with central midfielders after O'Connor's move and a little spoiler for you, another midfielder has signed a contract to leave at the end of the season so let's hope for some luck from the FM Gods.

Full backs will be good. We definitely need a new right back for support and possibly more left backs as Tony Jones is courting clubs attention and will more than likely want to leave come the summer.

Nov/Dec/Jan 2038-39

schedule.png.fef822ec5251cbdb79cce961ff03cf77.png

A far better passage of time as we managed to only lose twice over the period.

Young Cieran Agnew is finally starting to find his feet up top and Stephen Stevenson has been relegated to the bench over the period, I might look to move him on in the summer if Agnew keeps up this form. I'm really pleased with how we're looking and the academy boys are all really starting to find their place and the average ratings are starting to get a lot better. 

There was a period there were the top 6 were really starting to pull away from me but our turn in form has really helped to narrow that gap. As it stands I'm quietly confident that we won't be involved in a relegation scrap and maintaining around where we currently stand.

stats.png.385bca2fb19456f6475b92b95eaa6e1c.png

So as I alluded to in my last post, Paul MacPherson was desperate to leave the club to test himself in a higher division so we've accepted a bid from Livi but we have him until the end of the season still and we've got a future fee clause inserted into his move so hopefully that will net us a future cash injection.

9719829_ftransfer.PNG.029d302ed603050c22d0b5080a9326d6.PNG

Youth Intake 2039

intake.PNG.08232e9105eafea215dd5962a0df8570.PNG

A couple of different personalities this year which is nice to see, we've even got a Zimbabwean in there.

There's some definite talent amongst it that I'm excited about and will be snapping up, here's who I've signed...

Would it even be a youth intake without signing a goalkeeper? Bob Hutton has been snapped up as his starting CA is decent and he has potential to play in the Championship by my metrics. His personality requires work so hopefully I can get that sorted and we can reap the rewards.

Yet ANOTHER left back of real quality! Allan Dorrans has been signed so Tony Jones can leave if he really insists. Dorrans personality is great so I really have high hopes for him.

We got the defensive central midfielder we craved in Ronan Fleck, praise be to the FM Gods! He's brave with brilliant leadership qualities so I'm sure it won't take much for us to get his personality to improve. He could be a future club captain and rock of the team if he develops well and doesn't have his head turned.

We've had a couple of wide players in Max MacPherson and Bill Cook come through with strong PA so even though we don't use wide players I will have a look at their attributes and convert them to AMC's or CM's.

And finally we have Kyle Hamilton signed for up top. He's got good overall stats I'd say but very weak so we'll have to get him in the gym in the hopes that improves. We don't want him pushed off the ball easily by all the hulking centre backs in Scottish fitba ;)

Feb/Mar/Apr 2038-39

schedule.png.6a0763ea5e7954150a84046ea7e609fc.png

I really shouldn't come on here and make predictions as with our run of form I really thought we were going to be involved in a relegation scrap for a time but luckily, due to other results, we weren't.

We were trailing 7th by some way but another 8th placed finish will do me. We are increasing our bank balance and staying in the division so I will happily take that. We played a few of the latest academy graduates in April as I thought we would survive even if it meant the play offs so I wanted to give them some game time. 

We'll have a full season review to follow as usual.

stats.png.00f066f2139535a6d37043a6742eae1c.png

Season 2038-39 Review

tracker.thumb.PNG.bff5b6d7b78578020875dbb60eb9df60.PNG

A season when we did what we needed to do and no more. Survival is the game at this point and we achieved that. We did well enough in the Scottish Cup but sadly didn't get a money spinning tie.

overview.PNG.3306a5e1a17a22e02f781c057d193733.PNG

Just look at how young our squad is! So young and inexperienced but we will keep ploughing on and in a few years we will have a squad capable of challenging as there is some great PA in the squad mixed with decent personalities. The two players out of contract will be allowed to leave this summer and *gulp* club icon Jamie McKenzie may go this year as well as we look towards the young keepers at the club to now step up. I've definitely got one eye on the future at this point.

toty.png.aeec3bc8a276646822c7e14c340fa509.png

No complaints again so let's have a look at the player awards...

1676633563_awards1.PNG.0f867e07209d4ac473b1664f3c3d426c.PNG829703712_awards2.PNG.b0142b26c3805350bb77982e66e49e61.PNG

...and finally Matthew Naismith took the record for most appearances...

885937373_mostcapped.PNG.ecf170a3091a262aa32c612bc4147977.PNG

The season went largely as expected. I said before that I think we may end up in this league for a few years and at this point as long as I can keep my status in the division I'm happy for the moment. It was so important to grow the clubs bank balance but I was quite disappointed to see our average attendance drop, I don't know why that is considering we've never been as high as this before, maybe it's the fact that we lose so often?

So I think I've mentioned before that Celtic have become the dominant team in Scotland and also they had become the most decorated team in the country but something I only noticed today while texting a pal is that they've actually won back to back Champions League within my save...

celtic.png.39f28a08fe13b1342563316e13d4091f.png

Unbelievable stuff. Looking through their transfer history they are signing players for £40m+ on the regs. When I reach the SPFL it may take me decades to try and start competing with them to try to win it :ackter:

52 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

So I think I've mentioned before that Celtic have become the dominant team in Scotland and also they had become the most decorated team in the country but something I only noticed today while texting a pal is that they've actually won back to back Champions League within my save...

celtic.png.39f28a08fe13b1342563316e13d4091f.png

Unbelievable stuff. Looking through their transfer history they are signing players for £40m+ on the regs. When I reach the SPFL it may take me decades to try and start competing with them to try to win it :ackter:

They've gone more than 40 years without ever finishing outside the top 2......

On 31/01/2021 at 16:13, metallimuse said:

With mentoring I've moved all the reserves up to the main squad and made available for games in the reserves and paired them up with good personalities.

I've not really touched training so far, due to starting so far down the pyramid, except on the odd occasion to train a player in a new role/position. In this save I'm going to wait until we turn professional and I can implement a full weeks schedule until I delve into this. I will be documenting it with spreadsheets once I get going though so you can all see what's happening.

I did focus heavily on training in one of my saves last year when I took a lower league German side up the pyramid, you can view it here:

From what I remember I did have a lot of success with moulding the players into a more technical group who were comfortable on the ball but they did always complain that they felt their physical attributes diminished, I'm not sure if that was what actually happened just that they complained every week. I still had good harmony and backing from the players though.

Thanks for that. It was a good read!

Season 2039-40 Preview

schedule.png.f9887322a3f7f85cc0cc9fb603b71145.png

So pre-season went as normal. We had a couple of friendlies and then lost to teams above us in the league pyramid in Livi and Hamilton and managed to beat the teams in the division below us. We are out of the Betfred Cup yet again and sadly the glamour game against Accies didn't net us any wedge for the bank.

So the board and players are expecting another relegation fight and the bookies have us as last but this time with odds of only 100-1 to win the league. Me? I think 6th to 8th is what we should be aiming for and pray to get one of the Old Firm in the Cup to really boost my bank balance to then go and improve my training set up.

There has been one signing over the summer as Gary Combe has joined as a back up for right full back.

Jul/Aug/Sept/Oct 2039-40

schedule.png.734e5e279167384802ddf09d500e59c6.png

A great start to the season has really caught me off guard.

We seem to be playing without fear and our defence has been incredibly solid so far. We've lost to Peterhead, Morton and Clyde in the league but that's to be expected. It will be a tough league campaign this year with the Jags and Clyde dropping back down and also Inverness Caley Thistle have been promoted to League One who are a heavyweight, for this level, who have fallen on bad times in recent years.

We're out of the Trust Trophy but as you know I'm not too concerned about that competition.

We find ourselves in the play-off positions but I highly doubt we will stay there over the course of the season.

Young Bob Hutton has been installed as the club's number one and club legend Jaime McKenzie will probably be leaving either in January of at the end of the year as as great as he has been for the club he's on the decline and it's time to bite the bullet and replace him with the kids coming through. Hutton has done unbelievably well so far, I thought due to his age it might be a rough transitional period but he's topping the average rating chart for the club so far so an amazing start by him.

stats.png.09d542308b94c7c08a04f7b188e151f1.png

Nov/Dec/Jan 2029-40

schedule.PNG.77d3a4fa3a0ec4ce6f31b3b8873722ec.PNG

Well I thought our form wouldn't last forever and that's proved to be the case. It's been a real slog over this period. Despite this poor run we are still within touching distance of the play-offs so there's still lots to be excited about for the rest of the season. I really don't think we will finish the league in one of the play-off spots though.

We had a skelping at the hands of Alloa over the period. That was embarrassing. We were atrocious in the game and could barely string a pass together. We also got hammered by the Arabs in the Scottish Cup also and were 7-1 down at half time before managing to get some semblance of pride back by getting on the scoresheet ourselves a few more times.

I think our issue is that despite the fact we are scoring goals nobody has been lethal in front of goal this term, I'd really like the strikers to step up and be more lethal.

stats.PNG.72b9e4454f9a4a51bb8715bde57a4151.PNG

Winter Transfer Window 2040

So there was quite a few deals that took place in the winter transfer window so I thought I'd give it it's own post.

There were two straight forward deals and two which I'm a bit confused over.

So the two straight forward deals are as follows...

16514901_future1.PNG.425f3494d59ab5b3376339482bdbf192.PNG

274351187_future2.PNG.90c08fded6913ab65d3263518088b58c.PNG

Andy Ross was desperate to play at a higher level despite playing very poorly for me in League One and Tony wanted to go as well so we decided to cash in on both but have managed to retain them until the end of the season just to keep a bit of depth in our squad. Tony is playing very well anyway so I wanted to keep him around.

Ok, now. The next two deals I'm a bit confused over...

1133716096_comp1.PNG.4cd670d3fa9d5fbc5cae7068c37d9254.PNG

805356776_comp2.PNG.a2def0ad01354019522dea119da9133c.PNG

So it appears that both have been sold as they were on youth contracts and the fees involved are compensation payments. But...I've not seen compensation payments alongside additional fees before. Is this something new? I thought compensation payments were just a lump sum?

Either way both have now left the club for far less than I would probably get for them if I had agreed to a future deal and the future fee's will be less than I would of hoped for.

Intake 2040 Review

intake.PNG.10245770bc5e88cc1879a0ae809d9ba7.PNG

Well sadly I was right, this crop is nothing to be excited about. We've signed the following 4 players but I don't expect much of them at all...

Jamie Docherty has been signed as we need cover for right back but with his terrible personality he probably will be replaced as soon as someone better comes along. Hopefully with a mentoring group his personality can improve as he does have decent PA but I'm not holding out much hope.

We've got a strong centre back come through with a decent personality in Craig Smith so hopefully he can become a solid squad player. As I keep saying, Cunningham isn't getting any younger.

We always like to sign a left back so step forward James Jack. Solid enough and has a great personality but there's lots of competition in the role so he will have to step up quickly if he wants to keep a place in the side when he gets a chance.

And finally we signed Liam Doherty to flesh out the squad a little bit.

Feb/Mar/Apr/May 2039-40

schedule.png.6ab3caaf1900d5e1da48eaa1500995ff.png

Well we really turned it around after our poor form in the last update. We actually managed to make the play-offs but sadly came up short after playing Championship side East Fife over two legs.

A large part to our great run of form was striker Cieran Agnew finally finding form like I was lamenting in my last post.

It was a great run of form and really helped to finish the season on a high not just with regards to our league position but also the mood around the club.

stats.png.4a3bb5761cc12a18eab54e561f00ea6c.png

Season 2039-40 Review

tracker.thumb.PNG.369922c4df7cc4a04173c8a287d4ea2c.PNG

So that season was unexpected!

We did not expect to find ourselves in the mix for promotion but that's where we found ourselves, I think more to the fact that the league was incredibly competitive rather than us being particularly good. Everyone seemed able to take points off each other and that allowed us to compete and eventually find ourselves in the play-off spot.

overview.PNG.d844d6a9dddaf6ee35249fe58475b6e9.PNG

Great improvements amongst the squad in terms of their CA but that is bound to happen with just how young the squad is. The squad will get even younger next season as Gary Combe and Stephen Stevenson leave us over the summer. Willie Whyte will also leave as his personality is hindering his ability to improve. The other player out of contract is Peter Hunter but we've offered him a new deal and I'm confident he will stay to provide cover.

The personality of the group isn't quite where I want it to be but that's a work in progress and hopefully that will look better next year.

The team of the year wasn't quite what I'd agree with as I feel like Douglas Flynn should of got the nod considering his average rating compared to Bob Hutton.

toty.png.9bfc75a873f1678f3b97d7c9c03f15e5.png

1357415194_awards1.PNG.4971c0a9f880befef30205a9ea4eebbd.PNG1753078826_awards2.PNG.59c9554cfe4851139f75545002d85b99.PNG

It's good to see Calum Richardson getting some recognition, he was brilliant off the bench for me this year.

So overall a really pleasing season. Our average attendance has shot right up which is great to see and the bank balance is looking really healthy. It might be time to ask the board if we can turn professional this summer and if declined then I definitely want to ask to improve my youth facilities to help with future newgens.

I'm excited for next season and the hope that we might not be set for a long a stay in this division as I first thought we might have.

Season 2040-41 Preview

schedule.png.d604d6fbededb2294e64b67cef25b2b3.png

A bleak start to the season so far but these are games that were played for fitness rather than worrying about the results.

We got to pay tribute to Matthew Naismith at the start of it all which was brilliant and the guy is sure to go down as a club legend in the future. He has the most league appearances and is only 3 goals shy of being the club's all time league scorer.

testimonial.png.6c16819547870148373f940b40370778.png

So the bookies have us down at faves for the drop at 200-1 to win the league which is a good 150 more than the side in ninth.

The players expect us to go down and the board are asking us to fight bravely against relegation. I think we can be mid-table again.

There has been one signing over the summer as we brought in veteran Jordan McStay to play in the hole behind the striker. He's got some solid stats and looks creative so hopefully he can unlock a few defences for us.

3 hours ago, Chris Hamilton said:

Out of interest when you got promoted to league 2, did you get an invite for your youth team to join the u18 league? If so did you accept and did you get included and scheduled fixtures? 

Ahh I hadn’t given that much of a thought to date as I’m using my academy graduates straight away.

Upon looking I do not have an under 18 side and my reserves don’t compete in anything but play friendlies each week. I’ve not turned professional yet though so that may have some bearing on it potentially? Not sure.

3 hours ago, Chris Hamilton said:

Out of interest when you got promoted to league 2, did you get an invite for your youth team to join the u18 league? If so did you accept and did you get included and scheduled fixtures? 

Spoke to the database creator and he’s advised that it isn’t guaranteed but you should have it happen if the board are that way inclined so I’d assume that if you can become a higher league side in the championship and above then it should happen eventually once you prove yourself to be a side that’s gunna stay around that level.

44 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Spoke to the database creator and he’s advised that it isn’t guaranteed but you should have it happen if the board are that way inclined so I’d assume that if you can become a higher league side in the championship and above then it should happen eventually once you prove yourself to be a side that’s gunna stay around that level.

I thought as much, it’s an issue I’ve already raised that I think needs looking at. I’ve looked in the editor and the Scottish u18 and reserve leagues are set to maximum number of teams that can compete which with the youth leagues it is already at the max number of teams at the start of the game. So if you choose a team in Scotland with no youth team competing in the u18 leagues it doesn’t look like you’ll ever get them in. Where as realistically at the start of every season the FA should be asking if you want your u18 team to compete then expanding the youth league as required. Is particularly annoying with lower league saves as only some teams start with a u18 team so if you like developing youngsters it’s  disappointing also I’ve noticed if you start with the likes of Elgin or Montrose who have a youth team in the u18 league no mater how successful you become down the line eg champions league winner you’ll still play in the u18 league you start in instead of the elite one with the old firm. 

ps enjoying keeping upto date with your save, particularly as I seen you come up against my hometown team of Cumnock Juniors! 

Aug/Sept/Oct 2040-41

schedule.png.40d3665c87856bff8a08b1e62dc81214.png

A solid start for the season this year. A couple of losses but Peterhead are a strong side within the division so I'm not upset over that. We are still drawing a lot of games which doesn't show title winning form but I was expecting mid-table so again I'm not upset over that. We could be on for another season finishing in the play-offs with a bit of luck. The league's are so open due to the size, there's only 6 points between 3rd and 8th so anything could happen.

The big story over the period is the form of Calum Richardson, 17 goals already!!! In October! Incredible run of form.

stats.png.d57a58f9279bdaf26cca8f1b03183c70.png

There was also a couple of player sales before the end of the transfer window as well.

224575003_keepersold.png.0866b26173067642ca7b81b58a766adb.png

Douglas was sold now and McPherson will leave at the end of the season so that we still have some depth to the squad.

676176476_endofseasontransfer.png.cb548d8a2a92a8f3045a64fe91960f9d.png

The big news that happened last night was a new senior affiliate. I went to the board requesting a senior affiliate thinking we could have more than one but apparently not. Anyway, the board offered me St. Johnstone who I turned down in favour of their other option...

1965680413_affiliateblurb.png.ffa55350a92bb664f033da33c23ab36a.png

2140656632_affiliatebackground.png.c538c70a49240d6b85af7d4bb993a638.png

This is an incredible turn of events and could be a real game changer. Their reserves and youth teams are streets ahead of us obviously. The majority of their reserves could walk into most squads around the world.

This has the potential to really grow and move the club forward at a much quicker trajectory then we are currently on. I can see us being in the Championship by the end of next season.

Nov/Dec/Jan 2040-41

schedule.png.af6b5f9a1ae6520770853c33f7742022.png

A decent enough run over the winter period as we remaining in the play-off spots, just.

Calum Richardson is still in incredible form and he will surely beat the club record for most goals in a season as he is only 3 short currently with 13 games left to play. We could be looking at a 40+ goal season here which is tremendous to see. Our defence is sadly letting us down but I wouldn't say we are poor at the back I just think the fact the squad is so young is costing us. It seems to be silly goals we are giving away rather than sloppy play per say.

As we head into the final third of the season I think we can stay in the play off spots so hopefully we can achieve an unlikely promotion that way.

stats.png.d3df5183d4f6a781ff2528db1518f734.png

We have taken advantage of the Celtic link and brought in youth player Robbie Woolley to add a touch of class in my 3 man AMC's.

Feb/Mar/Apr/May 2040-41

schedule.png.64052b0f3f791225e2a8ebaa3d00d332.png

A mixed end to the season over the period but we still managed to achieve a play-off spot which sadly we came up short again on.

Calum Richardson went slightly off the boil right at the business end but he still had an incredible season with a 42 goal haul, hopefully we can hang on to him over the summer transfer window and get a few of the Celtic boys in next year on loan to really make a push maybe not just for a promotion play-off spot but the actual title so we can be assured of promotion.

We had an incredible run in the Scottish Cup this year and made it all the way to the quarter finals where I told the press I'd love to meet Rangers and low and behold we actually got them away at Ibrox and banked ourselves around £600,000 to put in the bank. We got an absolute skelping in the actual game but we were always on a hiding to nothing in the game and as much as I hate to say it, the money was the most important thing.

We played well against the Jags in the return leg of the play-off game but a poor first leg at home meant we are consigned to League One again next year. Still on for the 5 year plan though folks, I'm absolutely convinced that our affiliation to Celtic will help us get up next year.

stats.png.fc438bac133590052b113346f7a5c2a5.png