Last winners will not be stored - FM21

DaveTheEditor

I have been despairing about it for a good 10 hours now. In my file, which is supposed to unlock all Austrian leagues, the FM/Editor does not add the three best placed teams to the history. I have (as you can see in the picture) checked "Store League History" and also "Top Team is Champion" is checked. Nevertheless it does not want to create the history. Does anyone know what else I could try? 

Screenshot_1.jpg

5 hours ago, davie77 said:

I have been despairing about it for a good 10 hours now. In my file, which is supposed to unlock all Austrian leagues, the FM/Editor does not add the three best placed teams to the history. I have (as you can see in the picture) checked "Store League History" and also "Top Team is Champion" is checked. Nevertheless it does not want to create the history. Does anyone know what else I could try? 

Screenshot_1.jpg

1 stage competition?

Add history . Usually for sub leagues etc but try this ...........  Add stage name and competition . I think you might not need stage name if you dont have one 

history.thumb.png.eef4b03a57040ed2418428279c11cb51.png

Edited by alian62

vor 20 Stunden schrieb krlenjushka:

1 stage competition?

Yes. I have already identified the problem. I have a hidden stage in the "Parent Competition" that lets the best second promote, if I remove it the history is entered. (I simply moved this stage to a competition that was actually terminated).

12 minutes ago, davie77 said:

Yes. I have already identified the problem. I have a hidden stage in the "Parent Competition" that lets the best second promote, if I remove it the history is entered. (I simply moved this stage to a competition that was actually terminated).

I had same issue back in fm17 or fm18. But i think "requirements" section was cause for that. You need to add that in order tp start that stage after stage 0 in child comp is finished. So when i removed that section - history was ok.

vor einer Stunde schrieb krlenjushka:

I had same issue back in fm17 or fm18. But i think "requirements" section was cause for that. You need to add that in order tp start that stage after stage 0 in child comp is finished. So when i removed that section - history was ok.

Yes, but if I remove the requirements section the editor brings up an error because the stage doesn't find teams.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb alian62:

Add history . Usually for sub leagues etc but try this ...........  Add stage name and competition . I think you might not need stage name if you dont have one 

history.thumb.png.eef4b03a57040ed2418428279c11cb51.png

I don't know why, but this works for my file. Thank you very much. You have saved me a lot of time and nerves. :)

@alian62 or @krlenjushka: Do either of you two know what I can do if I want to verify the file, but it shows an error that indicates relegation or promotion? My problem is, if I want to verify the 3rd league ( Regionalliga ), there is an error in the 7th and 8th league, because there is a playoff there and he seems to find too few promoted teams. Whatever the reason, this is important if only up to the 3rd league has been activated.

12 minutes ago, davie77 said:

@alian62 or @krlenjushka: Do either of you two know what I can do if I want to verify the file, but it shows an error that indicates relegation or promotion? My problem is, if I want to verify the 3rd league ( Regionalliga ), there is an error in the 7th and 8th league, because there is a playoff there and he seems to find too few promoted teams. Whatever the reason, this is important if only up to the 3rd league has been activated.

Upload your file and i will take a look. Easy way for me to test that history problem. I will need that later...

1 hour ago, davie77 said:

You can force a file to verify by:

- Exporting to .xml

- Add the following to the top of the file:

<list id="verf">
        <string value="21.1.1"/>
    </list>

- Import the .xml file back into the editor and save the file (.fmt extension)

Edited by dim13

In order to verify your file - problem with levels 7-8 - you need to add "minimum overall promotion places for parent comp" in every child competition from level 8.

Also in any other level you need to set this if you have any kind of extra promotion places. Without this editor can only read "clear" promotions.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb krlenjushka:

In order to verify your file - problem with levels 7-8 - you need to add "minimum overall promotion places for parent comp" in every child competition from level 8.

Also in any other level you need to set this if you have any kind of extra promotion places. Without this editor can only read "clear" promotions.

Thank you very much. Did you spot any other mistake too? :D

@krlenjushkaDo you have any idea how I can solve the problem that FM uses the wrong teams from the inactive leagues? For example, if I only simulate up to the 6th league, because I have the league composed strictly according to the regional divisions, some leagues become very small, because it doesn't pull up teams from the lower leagues that fit into this league (other leagues almost explode before teams). Do you have a solution?

Ideally "add history" shouldn't be needed - ranking levels should be enough if the game can't figure out on its own who is champion. I fear that resorting to "add history" may mean that the game doesn't fully realize certain teams have finished where they did.

I guess the stage flag "don't rank teams using this stage" may come in handy, along with "don't crown winner as champions" for certain playouts/out-of-order prelims

vor 7 Stunden schrieb themodelcitizen:

Ideally "add history" shouldn't be needed - ranking levels should be enough if the game can't figure out on its own who is champion. I fear that resorting to "add history" may mean that the game doesn't fully realize certain teams have finished where they did.

I guess the stage flag "don't rank teams using this stage" may come in handy, along with "don't crown winner as champions" for certain playouts/out-of-order prelims

Where can you find that? I've never seen that before. 

• 1 month later...

Same problem on the same competition (YBC Japanese Cup)

I added stage flags, ranking levels and stage finished actions but all my attempts failed so far.

I'm lacking of ideas right now.

Edited by Shenmue-X

I found the solution.

Advanced Rules > Competition x > History > Team order for top 3 teams > Add

Select Type "Get Last Winner of Competition (This Season)".

It only works for the winner though, not the runner-up and below.

@Shenmue-X thank you for the tip!

I had the same problem, but I managed to solve it thanks to your note.

Did you find a fix or a workaround for the runners up, too? I tried to add the option "Get Last Runners-Up of Competition", but it didn't work as intended because the game takes last registered runners up in the history records (probably because the wording "This Season" is missing in the option). Any other suggestion in order to overcome this slightly annoying issue?

EDIT: Finally, I solved the issue with missing runners up. I had to delete the changes I made previously using the above Shenmue-X's method and I follow the suggestion provided by alian62 at post #9: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540418-last-winners-will-not-be-stored-fm21/?do=findComment&comment=12801576

I have a 2 stages cup competition made up by a group stage and a knockout stage (0 and 1 respectively). Basically, I set both "Stage Index" and "Stage to use" to 1 (which refers to the knockout cup stage from which the game need to get winners and runners up) and I added the phase "Final" under "Stage Name Needed". In this way, the cup is able to track and record the right winners and runners up in-game.

That's it. Problem solved for me.

Edited by Ivs

• 1 year later...

Hello! I have had this issue with a number of international files I have created for FM23 (as well as some made on FM21/22 that I converted).

@alian62's solution worked for my recreation of the Gulf Cup of Nations, but did not work for the other tournaments that had the issue. However, I did eventually get something that works so will share it here rather than open a new thread.

Building on @Shenmue-X's suggestion, I did the following:

Advanced Rules > Competition x > History > Team order for top 3 teams > Add

Select "Get Teams from Cup Round"

I then add competition name (might not be needed), maximum number of teams set to 2, and then relevant stage number and 'final' as round name

This has worked for international tournaments with a group stage then knockouts and also for tournaments with knockout rounds only. Might be worth a try for league/play-off systems with a similar issue. Note though that it only adds the two finalists. I haven't found a way to get third place play-off winners recognised yet.

Generally I think that's meant for weird playouts and substages that confuse the game, ranking levels should be enough for the game to figure it out in most circumstances. I wonder if those extra steps to add winners mean the AI/Board won't always recognize how you're performing in the tournament for expectations/job status, along with news items?

That is to say, utilizing a comp's ranking level information, along with each stage/round's ranking levels (current, and where necessary highest and lowest) is how the game actually knows how you're performing in a tournament, as opposed to randomly (in the game's view) shuttling you through stages and then arbitrarily assigning a finish at the end. If you look at the advanced rules for default tournaments they all run that way too. Hope that makes sense @Ivs @Shenmue-X @DodgeeD

Edited by themodelcitizen

@themodelcitizenBefore I applied the above workaround, as well as history not being stored, the nation that won did not have the victory added to the nation competition history either. After the fix, they do...

It's a strange bug and I have no idea what is causing it - it has happened to both competitions I have imported form earlier versions of the game and ones I have created from scratch. At the same time, other competitions I have imported or created from scratch have been fine :seagull:

8 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Generally I think that's meant for weird playouts and substages that confuse the game, ranking levels should be enough for the game to figure it out in most circumstances. I wonder if those extra steps to add winners mean the AI/Board won't always recognize how you're performing in the tournament for expectations/job status, along with news items?

I think you might have a point there.

2 hours ago, DodgeeD said:

@themodelcitizenBefore I applied the above workaround, as well as history not being stored, the nation that won did not have the victory added to the nation competition history either. After the fix, they do...

It's a strange bug and I have no idea what is causing it - it has happened to both competitions I have imported form earlier versions of the game and ones I have created from scratch. At the same time, other competitions I have imported or created from scratch have been fine :seagull:

In general you shouldn't need to tell the game who to assign history to with those stage finished actions/add history type things, that usually means there's something missing in rankings or even something like a missed bye or qualifier that you might be missing on testing. But we'd have to take a look at the file to say for sure

On 02/01/2023 at 05:55, DodgeeD said:

As an aside I'd suggest addressing this issue if you're selling databases on Patreon, lots of guides on here