Fixtures; playing some clubs home twice or away twice in one league season

Hey, 

Longshot, but would you happen to have a save file from the change of season date before that season? So around mid/late June 2024.

We'll need to investigate the issue in real time to establish the problem.

By chance, have you edited the database at all?

Same here, two away games with Manchester United in the third season. I see many facing the same fixture error with Manchester United. What a funny coincidence!

Besides, I have the World cup played in November 2022. So, waiting nearly 2 months for the next match. Is it a bug or just because of the Covid-19?

This bug is very annoying. Please fix it asap.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

1 hour ago, minhm2m said:

Same here, two away games with Manchester United in the third season. I see many facing the same fixture error with Manchester United. What a funny coincidence!

Besides, I have the World cup played in November 2022. So, waiting nearly 2 months for the next match. Is it a bug or just because of the Covid-19?

This bug is very annoying. Please fix it asap.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

The World Cup fixture dates isn't a bug. That's the actual dates due to it being held in Qatar. Too hot to have it in the summer.

On 30/11/2020 at 13:52, Kyle Brown said:

Hey, 

Longshot, but would you happen to have a save file from the change of season date before that season? So around mid/late June 2024.1297007946_Screenshot2020-12-01at20_30.51(2).thumb.png.7512856583a569ff4b99021fb60eb67c.png

I happen to have the same issue with my second season and I do have save game previous one.

I uploaded save games to the SI cloud service, I'm attaching screenshot with details of the uploaded files. 

Please fix this this ruins the game...

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 20.49.07.png

On 01/12/2020 at 02:49, iiKezza said:

Were they beta saves? I understood it that a fix applied on release had caused this to older saves

New fresh game and it still happens. With Manchester United AGAIN! OMG! It really ruins the game. What's wrong with SI since the FM19, guys?

2.jpg

2 hours ago, axehan1 said:

Same issue for me , 3rd season as Man United played Arsenal twice away,certainly not a game ruining bug though:rolleyes:

Depends. For me it is, it takes out the fun of beating your rival to win the league, knowing you play them twice at home.

Same for me, it start happening in the 2022-2023 season, from the very start of the season when EPL schedule first came out in June. Didn't have the problem for the 2 previous seasons.  plus i only got 18 home games and 20 away games that season. 12 opponents (24 games total) are either 2 home games or 2 away games

Edited by WhatSoNot
14 minutes ago, WhatSoNot said:

Same for me, it start happening in the 2022-2023 season, from the very start of the season when EPL schedule first came out in June. Didn't have the problem for the 2 previous seasons.  plus i only got18 home games and 20 away games that season, 

I've had it two seasons in a row, seasons four and five with Arsenal. I wonder if it's only a top division problem, or only an EPL problem, based on the screenshots in here? Small sample size I admit.

10 minutes ago, Eddie Boop said:

I've had it two seasons in a row, seasons four and five with Arsenal. I wonder if it's only a top division problem, or only an EPL problem, based on the screenshots in here? Small sample size I admit.

My save is an EPL Leeds beta save, i haven't seen problems in other leagues in that save. btw, is urs beta save as well?

Edited by WhatSoNot

It happens on my beta save, I just tested with newly-started Premier League and the fixtures are OK.

I suppose that since this applies only to saved games started in beta they won't give a s***t... :(

1 hour ago, tkis said:

It happens on my beta save, I just tested with newly-started Premier League and the fixtures are OK.

I suppose that since this applies only to saved games started in beta they won't give a s***t... :(

I'll post this in the main feedback thread in the hope it gets more eyes on it/take-up. It's weekend so they won't be working anyway at SI

23 hours ago, Eddie Boop said:

I'll post this in the main feedback thread in the hope it gets more eyes on it/take-up. It's weekend so they won't be working anyway at SI

Another day passed and nothing happens while more recent stuff gets to get reviewed.

I am currently unable to play the game because I'm waiting with starting the season for this to get fixed. I would appreciate any kind of update from the support team on this, even if they say they won't be fixing this, at least I will know my only option is to start a new save.

Edited by tkis
1 hour ago, tkis said:

Another day passed and nothing happens while more recent stuff gets to get reviewed.

I am currently unable to play the game because I'm waiting with starting the season for this to get fixed. I would appreciate any kind of update from the support team on this, even if they say they won't be fixing this, at least I will know my only option is to start a new save.

Im having the same problem with the fixtures aswell which is why im waiting until the next update comes out and at least fixes the issue with the fixtures. I did ask them on twitter on the weekend and they did say they are looking into the issue with the fixtures and will release and update when they can.

11 minutes ago, hungmn said:

I played to season 3 and looks like the fixtures are back to normal.

I just loaded my save that I left couple days before the start of season 3, went forward and fixtures are still broken.

Has anyone been able to fix this bug yet? I only just noticed it this season but it’s happened the last 2 years. Ruining my save that I’ve spent a lot of time on. Not fair I play city and Liverpool twice away from home! Just finished my season but don’t want to start a new one if this is going to be an issue. 

Just now, Dylan1994 said:

Any suggestion on how to fix it? Are FM looking at this. Very frustrating 

I don't think we can do anything other than wait for feedback from the FM team. Someone on this thread mentioned that they said on Twitter that they're looking at this and will be trying to fix it. It's frustrating since I don't have much time for playing the game and I've already spent like 50h on this save and I would really prefer not to have to start another one. 

2 minutes ago, tkis said:

I don't think we can do anything other than wait for feedback from the FM team. Someone on this thread mentioned that they said on Twitter that they're looking at this and will be trying to fix it. It's frustrating since I don't have much time for playing the game and I've already spent like 50h on this save and I would really prefer not to have to start another one. 

Tell me about it. I’ve now done 5 seasons so I don’t want to be starting a new save as a result of this. Would lose interest in the game, not to mention in already annoyed this has happened the last 2 seasons without me noticing. 

3 hours ago, tkis said:

Looks like we’re gonna have to start a new save. Unbelievable, just seen a tweet about it. 

Edited by Dylan1994

Always a risk with a beta save though. I've got away with carrying it on for a couple of years, but always been aware one day it would come back to bite me. Turns out it's this year. 

That said, I restarted the save and it's going even better than last time, so not complaining too loudly.

56 minutes ago, Dylan1994 said:

Looks like we’re gonna have to start a new save. Unbelievable, just seen a tweet about it. 

Can you show me the source? Where do they say that they won't fix this?

Also, looking at how messy this game is right now I might as well not start a new save for another couple months before these amateurs manage to fix everything they broke. Unbelievable. I'd literally ask for my money back if that was possible.

Edited by tkis
21 minutes ago, tkis said:

Can you show me the source? Where do they say that they won't fix this?

Also, looking at how messy this game is right now I might as well not start a new save for another couple months before these amateurs manage to fix everything they broke. Unbelievable. I'd literally ask for my money back if that was possible.

They do go onto say they’re trying to fix it but it’s just a complete shambles tbh.

F81704C5-58C9-4411-AF39-8E2B523C8588.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Dylan1994 said:

They do go onto say they’re trying to fix it but it’s just a complete shambles tbh.

F81704C5-58C9-4411-AF39-8E2B523C8588.jpeg

At this point I'm reluctant to start a new save ever - if this is their approach, then what if something else is severely broken and I invest another 50h or 100h hours into a save that I won't be able to continue and the answer from the FM team will be another "F* you"? Really I haven't been this disappointed in customer service ever in my life.

I came to the forum to report this issue too. I'm in my third season and only just noticed this problem with the PL fixtures so I checked and it actually happened in my 2nd season too! I'm playing as Man Utd, and for seasons 2 and 3 I've been scheduled to play 10 teams away from home twice, and 9 teams at home twice. Seems to be affecting fixtures for the rest of the teams in the league as well though not all in the same way. Is it worth uploading a copy of my save file or is this not getting resolved? 

32 minutes ago, OleGunnarSolscharl said:

I came to the forum to report this issue too. I'm in my third season and only just noticed this problem with the PL fixtures so I checked and it actually happened in my 2nd season too! I'm playing as Man Utd, and for seasons 2 and 3 I've been scheduled to play 10 teams away from home twice, and 9 teams at home twice. Seems to be affecting fixtures for the rest of the teams in the league as well though not all in the same way. Is it worth uploading a copy of my save file or is this not getting resolved? 

As the post above you, SI seems to say they fixed it if you start a new game. They will try to fix your current save game if you still want to continue, but no commitment about the timeline 

I've just noticed this in the 3rd season - I only noticed it because I had back-to-back league games away to the same team. Then looking at my schedule I realised I'd already played Liverpool twice at home too! I've checked back previous seasons and not had the issue before.

image.thumb.png.c2f8128659fa0c8c570b942ea6872557.png

14 hours ago, denv said:

I've just noticed this in the 3rd season - I only noticed it because I had back-to-back league games away to the same team. Then looking at my schedule I realised I'd already played Liverpool twice at home too! I've checked back previous seasons and not had the issue before.

image.thumb.png.c2f8128659fa0c8c570b942ea6872557.png

Denv is this a savegame you started during beta access?

On 30/11/2020 at 13:52, Kyle Brown said:

Hey, 

Longshot, but would you happen to have a save file from the change of season date before that season? So around mid/late June 2024.

Is this will be patch fixed or we have to start new save?

Just adding my voice to this, 

I just won the treble with Arsenal, going into my 3rd season I play Liverpool and Man Utd away from home twice and Chelsea at home twice. I love this save but there's no way I'm going forward with it unless SI fix it. Really pissing me off as this is a pretty serious bug.

Here's a screenshot and a savegame for a livener :D

See the top one and the 3rd impending match. Both spurs away. While it's always a good feeling to beat them on their home turf, doing it twice a season and none at home is unfair :)

My save is uploaded as cfc.fm now

20201214214529_1.thumb.jpg.b41a07ac1deec2f1c14da562e1d97318.jpg 

Hey guys this is logged and with the developers to investigate currently.

It looks like it's only affecting saves from before the full release though. So if anyone wants to make a new savegame you shouldn't be getting this

Really sorry it's happening, we know it's important &  yeah, it's not a fun one... My apologies

1 hour ago, Tony Garvey said:

Hey guys this is logged and with the developers to investigate currently.

It looks like it's only affecting saves from before the full release though. So if anyone wants to make a new savegame you shouldn't be getting this

Really sorry it's happening, we know it's important &  yeah, it's not a fun one... My apologies

It is still happening to new saves as its happening to me even with all the latetest updates. However, im in the middle of sending evidence over so this can be investigated 

35 minutes ago, ShaunB1987 said:

It is still happening to new saves as its happening to me even with all the latetest updates. However, im in the middle of sending evidence over so this can be investigated 

This is a huge concern if true. What’s the point of starting new saves if this is still an issue!

1 hour ago, Dylan1994 said:

This is a huge concern if true. What’s the point of starting new saves if this is still an issue!

I don't write this in order to be mean to devs but at this point, seeing the amount of reports here, my advice for anybody who doesn't want to waste their time would be not to start a new save at least until next big patch though I personally think I might even wait until the patch after the next one...

Edited by tkis