Fixtures; playing some clubs home twice or away twice in one league season

1 hour ago, ShaunB1987 said:

It is still happening to new saves as its happening to me even with all the latetest updates. However, im in the middle of sending evidence over so this can be investigated 

OMG and we have just started new save on our network game with my friend because of this bug in our beta save...
Anyone can confirm that? SI?

5 hours ago, aduh said:

OMG and we have just started new save on our network game with my friend because of this bug in our beta save...

Here you go, it may only be a friendly game and just the once in that seasons fixtures but here is the evidence and this was taken just a few days ago so like i said, its still happening after all the updates. However, i did do a test on this and at the beginning of the settings, i ticked "disable in game editor" option and it was fine. BUT, i been playing football manager all my life and to be honest, i been lucky as this is the first time i experienced problems with the game but this should still not be happening either. Just so you all know, I have been emailing si about this over the past few days so they know about this problem too.

20201124_221542.jpg

Just throwing my hat into the ring to say I've experienced this bug too. I understand this year would have been difficult for the SI devs to get the game out but a bug of this magnitude affecting my game 4 seasons in, that I've invested a lot of time into, is very frustrating nonetheless. 

Would be good to know if this will be fixable for current saves or if I'll need to start a new game.

Edited by mikeytk

23 hours ago, ShaunB1987 said:

Here you go, it may only be a friendly game and just the once in that seasons fixtures but here is the evidence and this was taken just a few days ago so like i said, its still happening after all the updates. However, i did do a test on this and at the beginning of the settings, i ticked "disable in game editor" option and it was fine. BUT, i been playing football manager all my life and to be honest, i been lucky as this is the first time i experienced problems with the game but this should still not be happening either. Just so you all know, I have been emailing si about this over the past few days so they know about this problem too.

20201124_221542.jpg

I'm not sure that's the same thing mate, it's a friendly match not a league fixture?

4 hours ago, mikeytk said:

Just throwing my hat into the ring to say I've experienced this bug too. I understand this year would have been difficult for the SI devs to get the game out but a bug of this magnitude affecting my game 4 seasons in, that I've invested a lot of time into, is very frustrating nonetheless. 

Would be good to know if this will be fixable for current saves or if I'll need to start a new game.

Beta save?

2 hours ago, Eddie Boop said:

I'm not sure that's the same thing mate, it's a friendly match not a league fixture?

Im not sure you understand. its still fixture bug wether its 1 or 8 or a friendly or not. Its still happening even with all the updates.

11 hours ago, ShaunB1987 said:

Im not sure you understand. its still fixture bug wether its 1 or 8 or a friendly or not. Its still happening even with all the updates.

To be fair, what you have is a different thing. It's a single game duplicated in your calendar, so it's more like a glitch in displaying data and not something seriously broken with fixtures planning. I had the same thing and just by going forward in my save it fixed itself. And even if there was something really off with the friendly fixtures, they're still friendlies so you can always cancel them... 

Edited by tkis

16 hours ago, aduh said:

Beta save?

Yep!

3 hours ago, tkis said:

To be fair, what you have is a different thing. It's a single game duplicated in your calendar, so it's more like a glitch in displaying data and not something seriously broken with fixtures planning. I had the same thing and just by going forward in my save it fixed itself. And even if there was something really off with the friendly fixtures, they're still friendlies so you can always cancel them... 

I noticed I also had a duplicate fixture as well as the Home/Away problem, fixed itself after continuing. Not sure if they're related?

1 hour ago, mikeytk said:

Yep!

I noticed I also had a duplicate fixture as well as the Home/Away problem, fixed itself after continuing. Not sure if they're related?

No idea if they're related, my guess would be they aren't. 

On 15/12/2020 at 10:40, Tony Garvey said:

Hey guys this is logged and with the developers to investigate currently.

It looks like it's only affecting saves from before the full release though. So if anyone wants to make a new savegame you shouldn't be getting this

Really sorry it's happening, we know it's important &  yeah, it's not a fun one... My apologies

Any update on this Tony and how long this is likely to take? Frustrating that can’t play the game at the moment cause of this issue. Want to continue my current save and people in this thread saying it’s an issue with new saves.

Well I just got my fifth season fixtures after last night's update and it's still broken so I guess that's my game done. What I have noticed is that both seasons it was all of October and November's fixtures and their return matches scheduled for January that are either both home or both away. All other fixtures are normal.

10 minutes ago, mikeytk said:

Well I just got my fifth season fixtures after last night's update and it's still broken so I guess that's my game done. What I have noticed is that both seasons it was all of October and November's fixtures and their return matches scheduled for January that are either both home or both away. All other fixtures are normal.

It’s ridiculous. I can’t believe they’ve not fixed it. I’ve spent over 4 days worth of time on my game and now I’m expected to just give it up and start a new one cause they released a half done game. That’s me done for FM20, have no motivation to start a new save

2 hours ago, Dylan1994 said:

It’s ridiculous. I can’t believe they’ve not fixed it. I’ve spent over 4 days worth of time on my game and now I’m expected to just give it up and start a new one cause they released a half done game. That’s me done for FM20, have no motivation to start a new save

Agreed. F**k this, it looks like it's going to be first FM ever that I'll spend less than 100h with (and probably last I'll ever buy). At least maybe I'll catch up with my book shelf LOL

Edited by tkis

• SI Staff

Hey guys, just thought I'd give you an update & clear up this topic

On 15/12/2020 at 13:46, aduh said:

As stated earlier in the thread only any save before the full release (so a beta era save) would have the issue. So, unfortunately, if you have a beta save, yes, I'm sorry to say you've seen this issue, but it shouldn't happen in a new game.

On 15/12/2020 at 19:42, ShaunB1987 said:

Here you go, it may only be a friendly game and just the once in that seasons fixtures but here is the evidence and this was taken just a few days ago

The issue was with PL fixtures only - it does not and never has affected friendlies. It's possible that's a different issue of course. Happy to look into that, but please create a new thread as it will not be this issue which only affects Premier League fixtures.

3 hours ago, mikeytk said:

Is this a new (post-release save?)

I'm sorry for the issue- we know it's a bad one. As communicated earlier, it is affecting beta-era saves, any saves before the full version came out.

If you have a brand new save showing the issue - please upload it and I will get eyes on it A.S.A.P. To clarify: PL fixtures, preferably single player, created recently - definitely post-release.

With existing saves: I have checked again with our developers and we are still exploring the issue of fixing existing beta saves - it's difficult with this type of issue to know if a retroactive fix is indeed possible. But it is open & still being explored, it is not a closed topic internally. Yesterday's update was not scheduled to address this.

Again, sorry for any confusion, and I'm sorry to anyone affected by this issue.

29 minutes ago, Tony Garvey said:

Hey guys, just thought I'd give you an update & clear up this topic

As stated earlier in the thread only any save before the full release (so a beta era save) would have the issue. So, unfortunately, if you have a beta save, yes, I'm sorry to say you've seen this issue, but it shouldn't happen in a new game.

The issue was with PL fixtures only - it does not and never has affected friendlies. It's possible that's a different issue of course. Happy to look into that, but please create a new thread as it will not be this issue which only affects Premier League fixtures.

Is this a new (post-release save?)

I'm sorry for the issue- we know it's a bad one. As communicated earlier, it is affecting beta-era saves, any saves before the full version came out.

If you have a brand new save showing the issue - please upload it and I will get eyes on it A.S.A.P. To clarify: PL fixtures, preferably single player, created recently - definitely post-release.

With existing saves: I have checked again with our developers and we are still exploring the issue of fixing existing beta saves - it's difficult with this type of issue to know if a retroactive fix is indeed possible. But it is open & still being explored, it is not a closed topic internally. Yesterday's update was not scheduled to address this.

Again, sorry for any confusion, and I'm sorry to anyone affected by this issue.

Appreciate the update.

Mine is just screwed now. When I go to start my new season every team I play at home twice or away twice where in previous seasons it was the odd game. It’s just completely unplayable.

i have no motivation to start a new save as I was so Invested in this one . So sadly looks like I won’t be playing FM again which sucks considering it only came out last month!

My seventh season as Arsenal, and it seems to have sorted itself out... was there a fix in the latest update?

I've had non-reversed fixtures for at least three seasons before, but I have none scheduled at the start of season seven. Fingers crossed it stays that way at start of season...

21 hours ago, Eddie Boop said:

My seventh season as Arsenal, and it seems to have sorted itself out... was there a fix in the latest update?

I've had non-reversed fixtures for at least three seasons before, but I have none scheduled at the start of season seven. Fingers crossed it stays that way at start of season...

I have this bug now in my 5th season. Gutted, managed to keep my Wednesday team up by a point. I’ve quit to see if it sorts itself out when I reload the game. 

Any update on this? I'm in 23/24 and I haven't played Man City at home for 2 seasons.

The only way this could get worse is if I had to go away to Stoke on a cold tuesday night twice a season.

• SI Staff
35 minutes ago, s6hammer said:

Hi guys,

I'm having the same issue. Is there any update on this yet please and is it something that you think you'll definitely be able to fix for Beat saves?

Many thanks

Hey,

We're looking into this, we do know it's still happening... Can't promise anything yet, but we are certainly looking at what we can do with existing saves, it's actually more about that aspect than anything else. Seeing as it doesn't affect new saves anymore

Sorry for the delay, Xmas break and all - we're right back on it. I'll update the thread again when I can :)

4 hours ago, Tony Garvey said:

Hey,

We're looking into this, we do know it's still happening... Can't promise anything yet, but we are certainly looking at what we can do with existing saves, it's actually more about that aspect than anything else. Seeing as it doesn't affect new saves anymore

Sorry for the delay, Xmas break and all - we're right back on it. I'll update the thread again when I can :)

Hi Tony,

Thanks for taking the time to provide an update. If a fix were possible, would you please be able to confirm at this point, whether or not the fix will reverse fixtures for the current season fixture list immediately or will you have to wait until the following seasons fixtures to be released, for this to take effect?

Many thanks

20 hours ago, s6hammer said:

Hi Tony,

Thanks for taking the time to provide an update. If a fix were possible, would you please be able to confirm at this point, whether or not the fix will reverse fixtures for the current season fixture list immediately or will you have to wait until the following seasons fixtures to be released, for this to take effect?

Many thanks

Tony,

Sorry to chase, but if you could please provide some clarity on my last message, that would be greatly appreciated, assuming of course that you are able to do so?

Many thanks

• SI Staff
21 hours ago, s6hammer said:

Hi Tony,

Many thanks

Hey, I'll do my best, it's still in play! So....

Since FM usually sets competitions in stone when you begin a save... Just based on how FM works I think it's far more likely we can only do something to sort future seasons out. 

I mean, I'm sorry for this issue, and not just because I have to take my team to Anfield twice a season :D We're doing what we can though. 

2 hours ago, Tony Garvey said:

Hey, I'll do my best, it's still in play! So....

Since FM usually sets competitions in stone when you begin a save... Just based on how FM works I think it's far more likely we can only do something to sort future seasons out. 

I mean, I'm sorry for this issue, and not just because I have to take my team to Anfield twice a season :D We're doing what we can though. 

Hi Tony,

Thanks again for the update, I really do appreciate it. Last one from me...... the last point at which I have saved is the night before the new fixtures are due to be released. Will that mean that any possible fix applies to those fixtures or will the fact that I am so close to them being released mean that the fix won't take affect until the following season?

I hope that makes sense and that again, you are able to provide me with an answer for this?! 

Man thanks

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, s6hammer said:

Hi Tony,

Thanks again for the update, I really do appreciate it. Last one from me...... the last point at which I have saved is the night before the new fixtures are due to be released. Will that mean that any possible fix applies to those fixtures or will the fact that I am so close to them being released mean that the fix won't take affect until the following season?

I hope that makes sense and that again, you are able to provide me with an answer for this?! 

Man thanks

Hey
Tricky to say. I think, basically, you're not into the new season yet if you are still in May or early June (fixtures are generated in late June)....  by then, new fixtures won't be out yet, you won't be in pre-season yet, so the next season is a "future season"

To me, a save in that position would be most compatible to any change that affects future seasons
Hope this helps!

Hey
Tricky to say. I think, basically, you're not into the new season yet if you are still in May or early June (fixtures are generated in late June)....  by then, new fixtures won't be out yet, you won't be in pre-season yet, so the next season is a "future season"

To me, a save in that position would be most compatible to any change that affects future seasons
Hope this helps!

Thanks Tony. Well I'm in late June now and pre-season has already started, although the fixtures are due for release the following day. It's worth noting that I've already had the leader boards come up, which usually appear prior to the start of a new season.

Although the fixtures have yet to be 'released' I'm guessing that I maybe screwed for the forthcoming season, on the basis that the fixtures might have already been generated within my game, so to speak, and all that is left for them to do is now appear on the schedule page. Would that be correct?

Again, I hope that makes sense.

• SI Staff

Hey,

Well, our minor update last night included a retroactive fix - please let me know if working / not guys

As above I don't think it'll help much if you're in the middle of start of a season (though it will cure the issue for the future); but the idea with this is you'll have, at the most, one incorrect season, instead of how it was before, "every season"

Ideally, if you're before June, it should affect the coming season

Please let me know of any issues around it....

Hey,

Well, our minor update last night included a retroactive fix - please let me know if working / not guys

As above I don't think it'll help much if you're in the middle of start of a season (though it will cure the issue for the future); but the idea with this is you'll have, at the most, one incorrect season, instead of how it was before, "every season"

Ideally, if you're before June, it should affect the coming season

Please let me know of any issues around it....

Great stuff mate 👍 

• 7 months later...
  • Administrators

Believe it's just a display issue as one of those games will actually be a cup match rather than a league match. Can you confirm whether you're due to play them perhaps in the League Cup final or the FA Cup?

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Believe it's just a display issue as one of those games will actually be a cup match rather than a league match. Can you confirm whether you're due to play them perhaps in the League Cup final or the FA Cup?

Hi Neil,

you were right, I played one of those games and it turned into cup match (FA Cup - in polish) 

image.png.2d31a041afa529d82d2635407d494518.png

Thanks.