FM21: Long Team Names + 3-Letter Match Names (World)

stevemc

I've created a long team names files forFM21, this also includes 3-letter TV names that appear in the match engine scoreboard.

If you have OCD like me and prefer FC Bayern Munchen instead of Bayern, then this file is for you. 

All the playable countries in FM21 are included in this file.

The Following countries also have 3-letter names in the scoreboards:

AUSTRIA

ARGENTINA

BELGIUM

BELARUS

BULGARIA

BRAZIL

CHINA

CROATIA

CZECH REP

DENMARK

ENGLAND (Down to Van N/S)

FRANCE

GERMANY

NETHERLANDS

PORTUGAL

GREECE

HUNGARY

ITALY

ISRAEL

NORWAY

POLAND

RUSSIA

SERBIA

SLOVAKIA

SLOVENIA

SPAIN

SCOTLAND

SWEDEN

SWITZERLAND

TURKEY

UKRAINE

You'll need to start a new save as it's not save game compatible (I don't believe).

1. Download here

2. Place the 1-long-team-names-short-tv.fmf here: ‎⁨ 

[PC] Documents⁩ ▸ ⁨Sports Interactive⁩ ▸ ⁨Football Manager 2021 ▸ ⁨editor data ▸ ⁨1-long-team-names-short-tv.fmf

[MAC] Users ▸ YOURNAME ▸Library ▸ Application Support ▸ Sports Interactive ▸ Football Manager 2021 ▸ editor data⁩ ▸ 1-long-team-names-short-tv.fmf

Enjoy!

Here are a few examples:

1.thumb.jpg.9bf780fd51cf0e3a14b7c374f9588926.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.069ef09e686c53b58a87149cd9b0ef55.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.8347cb429792efabcabc5b79bb27b04c.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.c37e2751c34857e3530fde6a52bff77b.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.3dad1438b72147343b47f9071db808ea.jpg

Example of the 3-letter names in the scoreboard:

pitch.thumb.jpg.7759be253fb72f6c906ad7323ab0e8ba.jpg

Apologies, but I won't be making requests on this file to split out the long names and 3-letter scoreboards, this file took long enough to create and this is the way I like to play the game too. Feel free to download and edit the file yourself if you wish to make changes.

7 hours ago, stevemc said:

Apologies, but I won't be making requests on this file to split out the long names and 3-letter scoreboards, this file took long enough to create and this is the way I like to play the game too. Feel free to download and edit the file yourself if you wish to make changes.

I totally understand! Thx for all the work and effort nonetheless! 

1 hour ago, PequenoGenio said:

@stevemc

Never crash or see anything wrong with the names of the clubes?

I'm tempted to use this alonside the sortitoutsi thing but i'm afraid that because both have name changes the game crash at some point or cause interference with the names

I have been using both files and haven't had any problems with them.

3 hours ago, PequenoGenio said:

@stevemc

Never crash or see anything wrong with the names of the clubes?

I'm tempted to use this alonside the sortitoutsi thing but i'm afraid that because both have name changes the game crash at some point or cause interference with the names

Should be no issues, I’ve been using these files for years now.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, LBall94_ said:

Anyone else having the same trouble for some teams it not showing the 3 letter names and just showing the whole name? 1379580304_Screenshot2021-02-09at16_03_17.png.48445d037f03824565edd67fae1c0f2b.png

1681373626_Screenshot2021-02-09at16_07_02.png.22722a4ed0affb21124e58649b383b81.png

They are correct, the editor file screenshots are below. I've not noticed any issues either, personally. Maybe it's clashing with another file you have installed?

Screenshot-2021-02-09-at-19-12-35.png

Screenshot-2021-02-09-at-19-13-08.png

There's is an issue in game where if a club's 'Short Name' is six characters or less (e.g. Rennes, Braga, Leeds, Fulham) then the scoreboard uses this value instead of the 'Six Letter Name' field. Really annoying if you want to use the 3 letter format.

8 minutes ago, Smiteras said:

There's is an issue in game where if a club's 'Short Name' is six characters or less (e.g. Rennes, Braga, Leeds, Fulham) then the scoreboard uses this value instead of the 'Six Letter Name' field. Really annoying if you want to use the 3 letter format.

Thank you, I thought I was going mad! Its so frustrating! Going to bring it up as a bug ASAP!

23 minutes ago, stevemc said:

They are correct, the editor file screenshots are below. I've not noticed any issues either, personally. Maybe it's clashing with another file you have installed?

Screenshot-2021-02-09-at-19-12-35.png

Screenshot-2021-02-09-at-19-13-08.png

It couldn't be it was the only one file I had loaded because I thought the same thing, but I unticked the rest of my files and only left this file and it was still happening, and then I created a new file myself and the same thing happened, must be a bug!

39 minutes ago, Smiteras said:

I've just been testing the database with no files and I've figured out ts supposed to be the Short Name field on the scoreboard (which is annoying) unless like you say the name is longer than 6 letters, because at the start of the game with no files the French league has all 3 letter name for the 6 letter name, and the only teams this does not work for is Reims, Rennes, Brest and Nimes, and they all are 6 or below, so the only way for this to work is to have they're full name eg Stade Rennais, as the short name, which is annoying because I like the long name and then the short name to be different. Anyway sorry for the bother!

Ahh another wonderful bug we need to report :mad:

The names in the scoreboard should just be a toggle in the preferences under match whereby users can select if they was Long Names, Short Names or 3-Letter Names - problem solved for everyone.

Edited by stevemc

12 hours ago, stevemc said:

Ahh another wonderful bug we need to report :mad:

The names in the scoreboard should just be a toggle in the preferences under match whereby users can select if they was Long Names, Short Names or 3-Letter Names - problem solved for everyone.

I agree with this 100%!!

• 1 year later...