PSA: How to screen capture your tactic

This is really easy to do, but I still see so many people listing out their tactics. That must take so much time, and yet, when trying to review it to help, it's too difficult. Not sure about others, but if there isn't a picture of the tactic, I stop reading the thread. So, here is how you do it, both on PC and mac. It really is as simple as three buttons, for either OS.

Steps to capture

• Click and Drag to Copy- For either OS, follow the below bolded 3 button hotkey. You press all three buttons at the same time to activate the feature, then you click and drag your selection
  • Paste into forum - Once you have copied the tactic window, simply paste into the forum chat. I use, "control+V" as a shortcut to paste. You can also right click and paste

For Mac:

Press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 4. (shift+Command+4) Drag the crosshair to select the area of the screen to capture. 

For Windows:

Press and hold these three keys together: Windows key, Shift, S. (windows+shift+S). Then drag the selection over your tactic.

Not only is this SUPER Easy, but you no longer have to host your image elsewhere. It will natively work with the forum software.

Can I just add that on MacOS you can use Shift, Command, and 5 to present you with a resizable window for the screenshot, and buttons to capture it...or even record your screen, and options about where to save the image too. Shift, Command, and 3 gives a full screenshot

Spoiler

1481204837_Screenshot2020-11-29at01_04_41.png.9b7c25df7665d451dee36781bbbbfa44.png

Inside the spoiler tag is how it appears when you select the first option I mentioned (taken using the second).

22 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Can I just add that on MacOS you can use Shift, Command, and 5 to present you with a resizable window for the screenshot, and buttons to capture it...or even record your screen, and options about where to save the image too. Shift, Command, and 3 gives a full screenshot

Hide contents

1481204837_Screenshot2020-11-29at01_04_41.png.9b7c25df7665d451dee36781bbbbfa44.png

Inside the spoiler tag is how it appears when you select the first option I mentioned (taken using the second).

Great stuff! I'm obv on PC so figured someone with some proper MacOs ability would be able to chime in.

another easy way to do it on windows is to assign the "PrtScr" key to take screenshots.

To do this open the snip and sketch app on windows, then on the top right click on the horizontal 3 dots to go to settings 

984512817_screenshot.png.0bcdb31cfef99a75ad8a50126b556c68.png

then click on "use the PrtScr button to open screen snipping". It will take you to the keyboard settings where you just have to scroll down to enable it so next time when you want to take a screenshot, you just press that key and use your mouse to drag and you don't have to remember the combination of the windows key, shift and S.

keyboard.png.8557db2193ccd1a45b582ddd3aac9bd5.png

36 minutes ago, DarJ said:

another easy way to do it on windows is to assign the "PrtScr" key to take screenshots.

To do this open the snip and sketch app on windows, then on the top right click on the horizontal 3 dots to go to settings 

984512817_screenshot.png.0bcdb31cfef99a75ad8a50126b556c68.png

then click on "use the PrtScr button to open screen snipping". It will take you to the keyboard settings where you just have to scroll down to enable it so next time when you want to take a screenshot, you just press that key and use your mouse to drag and you don't have to remember the combination of the windows key, shift and S.

keyboard.png.8557db2193ccd1a45b582ddd3aac9bd5.png

Awesome! Thanks for sharing that