Is this game FM 21 ready to be played for a long term save?

3 hours ago, FrazT said:

Maybe read the feedback thread and then you can see the comments from others who have the game- IMO there have been no major issues reported that would stop you from having a long term save

How about the issue that negatively impacts youth intake, whereby it diminishes each year even in major nations, thus reducing the database each year?

1 minute ago, Mojo_Pin said:

How about the issue that negatively impacts youth intake, whereby it diminishes each year even in major nations, thus reducing the database each year?

What about it? It exists, SI is working on a fix and they stated that it would most likely be save game compatible. Is there anything you need to know other than that? Because then we can attempt to answer.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

What about it? It exists, SI is working on a fix and they stated that it would most likely be save game compatible. Is there anything you need to know other than that? Because then we can attempt to answer.

The original post asked if it was worth buying FM 21 now for a long save, and if it was buggy. There was a reply stating that "there have been no major issues reported that would stop you from having a long term save".

As a player who is waiting for this youth intake issue to be resolved, I thought this person perhaps had information that it had been fixed. Or, was the reply simply wrong, and that bugs negatively impacting the viability of long-term saves do exist?

3 minutes ago, Mojo_Pin said:

The original post asked if it was worth buying FM 21 now for a long save, and if it was buggy. There was a reply stating that "there have been no major issues reported that would stop you from having a long term save".

As a player who is waiting for this youth intake issue to be resolved, I thought this person perhaps had information that it had been fixed. Or, was the reply simply wrong, and that bugs negatively impacting the viability of long-term saves do exist?

There are a lot of threads and areas for us to keep track of. You know as much as we do and it's visible in the bugs section.  :thup:

2 minutes ago, Mojo_Pin said:

The bug is still there but a fix is incoming which will be save game compatible. As this particular issue gets worse the further you go in the game, as long as it's fixed soon it won't have heavy impacts on all players. It takes me weeks to finish a season due to my play style so the impact on me is likely to be minimal assuming the fix is on its way. I will therefore be starting my long term game.

@beamermanager, I think a fix for the issue @Mojo_Pinmentioned will likely be quite prompt, so if you are the kind of player who takes a while to get through seasons then you should be good. If you complete seasons quickly then you might prefer to wait.

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I have given you the accurate answer, so we should be all sorted?

We will be once it is fixed, yes. Just glad i caught the initial mistake in the first reply, so the person didn't commit to a purchase without all the facts.

59 minutes ago, Mojo_Pin said:

We will be once it is fixed, yes. Just glad i caught the initial mistake in the first reply, so the person didn't commit to a purchase without all the facts.

Just to clarify- the comments I made were prefaced by IMO- it was not a statement of fact

2 hours ago, Mojo_Pin said:

3 hours ago, Mojo_Pin said:

Thank you for this , yes im not really interested in getting it if it has a bug like that regardless whether or not its a fixable issue somewhere down the future.

Thank you also to @FrazT but I did specifically state if the game is playable at this "current time" and if it had any sort of long game breaking bugs like this one, I guess I will wait it out till SI sort out this problem.

I don't want to buy a burger and when I ask where the cheese is be told that the burger is still edible and I will get the cheese sometime down the line. LOL

3 hours ago, Junkhead said:

The bug is still there but a fix is incoming which will be save game compatible. As this particular issue gets worse the further you go in the game, as long as it's fixed soon it won't have heavy impacts on all players. It takes me weeks to finish a season due to my play style so the impact on me is likely to be minimal assuming the fix is on its way. I will therefore be starting my long term game.

@beamermanager, I think a fix for the issue @Mojo_Pinmentioned will likely be quite prompt, so if you are the kind of player who takes a while to get through seasons then you should be good. If you complete seasons quickly then you might prefer to wait.

Just clarify they said it's likely to be save game compatible,  so you are running a slight risk here.

I'm personally going to wait

Edited by francis#17

11 minutes ago, richard.cheeseman said:

Guys come on this is a small issue in an otherwise fantastic edition in the latest series of fm..which has been produced in very testing times this year. Yes it will have issues as advised on other parts of the forum. It will be fixed but still shouldn’t stop you playing.

This is one of the weirdest releases i have encountered in the FM series. On one hand, the new match engine is wonderful, and some of the new interactions have potential, but the new UI, and related changes are quite baffling. I would say, however, that the inability to have sustainable youth development inlong term saves removes a lot of the inventive for playing. Indeed, it has been noted as a bug, and SI are no doubt looking into providing a fix/solution....but there are no guarantees a fix will be found in a reasonable period of time.

Edited by Mojo_Pin

2 hours ago, FrazT said:

Just to clarify- the comments I made were prefaced by IMO- it was not a statement of fact

noted, just wanted to OP to understand that the very thing he was worried about (a bug that affects the sustainability of long-term saves) is still an issue.

44 minutes ago, richard.cheeseman said:

Guys come on this is a small issue in an otherwise fantastic edition in the latest series of fm..which has been produced in very testing times this year. Yes it will have issues as advised on other parts of the forum. It will be fixed but still shouldn’t stop you playing.

I'm not sure I would consider the game world shrinking to the level that the top clubs have empty youth squads would be a minor issue in my view tbh.

41 minutes ago, Mojo_Pin said:

noted, just wanted to OP to understand that the very thing he was worried about (a bug that affects the sustainability of long-term saves) is still an issue.

You were right to clarify and make sure the OP was properly informed.

56 minutes ago, richard.cheeseman said:

Not sure what point your trying to make here. The issue is an issue that prevents long terms saves which is exactly what the OP is asking about. If you only do saves which last a couple of years then it's fine for you but that's not what the OP is asking about. This doesnt take away from other great things about the game, but let's not pretend it is "currently" playable for long saves

2 hours ago, richard.cheeseman said:

I’m currently  3 seasons into a long term save and have. Had no issues so far

With all due respect, you won't see any issues and 3 years is no time at all. Some people play 25 year careers plus, and currently clubs basically run out of youth players within 15 years. In terms of long term saves, it is probably about the biggest issue there could be.

12 hours ago, beamermanager said:

Can you please let me know if its worth buying fm 21 now to play a long term save I want to start from the bottom vanarama leagues.

Problem for long term saves: There is an inflation of world class players.

So you have to do modifications or use files when you create a new long term save.

Edited by Tom 99

12 hours ago, beamermanager said:

Can you please let me know if its worth buying fm 21 now to play a long term save I want to start from the bottom vanarama leagues.

If the game is too buggy please let me know I need your help!

Not for me just yet don't know about any bugs but I'm waiting on my favourite skin to be made before i start fm21 seriously  

10 minutes ago, Tom 99 said:

Problem for long term saves: There is an inflation of world class players.

So you have to do modifications or use files when you create a new long term save.

Is this actually a proven bug? The OP even said he doesn't have enough sample size. Need to actually know if it's actually the case before saying it's a bug. 

The regen bug is a HUGE issue for any potential long-term save, unless SI come out and say for 100% the fix is save game compatible and not just "Likely" I am personally holding off any long-term saves as that is a huge potential issue for anything longterm with the risk of losing a giant portion of the database to a bug, which will without a doubt ruin many long-term saves if the fix isnt save-game compatible, the only good thing looking at this bug at the moment is its impact on shorter saves is more minimal and may explain why something so huge and damaging to long-term saves managed to get into the final build of the game due to people not playing 20-30-40+ seasons in the beta or testing for the game which was already tougher than normal with covid

11 hours ago, Junkhead said:

I would rather play and then have to start again than just not play tbh.

Pretty much this but im focusing on saves that i dont really care too much about and will wait till the regen bug is fixed before starting my own long-term save that i intend to go 30-40+ seasons with

What is youth intake bug exactly? I mean, I see regens already in 2021 but does this bug mean that the number of regens will drop in the future or perhaps there will not be any regens created? And if it is a bug when will the fix come? 

27 minutes ago, CM said:

What is youth intake bug exactly? I mean, I see regens already in 2021 but does this bug mean that the number of regens will drop in the future or perhaps there will not be any regens created? And if it is a bug when will the fix come? 

Yes and no one knows. 

Am 28.11.2020 um 20:01 schrieb Double0Seven:

Is this actually a proven bug? The OP even said he doesn't have enough sample size. Need to actually know if it's actually the case before saying it's a bug. 

I personally wouldn't call it a bug. It's just a bit weird IMO. I mean, who knows what the future brings IRL? Maybe footballer are getting better and better, so there will be more Messi's Ronaldo's, van Dijks's , Neuer's and so on. I don't like it, so I changed it:D

Edited by Daveincid

25 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

I personally wouldn't call it a bug. It's just a bit weird IMO. I mean, who knows what the future brings IRL? Maybe footballer are getting better and better, so there will be more Messi's Ronaldo's, van Dijks's , Neuer's and so on. I don't like it, so I changed it:D

Hmmm yeah, could use an SI answer on this.

At least this seems fixed so thats good news! Now on to when it will be rolled out. Given the Xbox release is tomorrow, it would seem quite logical to push this patch at the same time. Dont wanna bother those new Xbox players with bugs like this right? Or maybe its gonna be the christmas patch...