Match condition percentage

Yes, it's terrible... It's so basic. There used to be a nuances between 80% and 55%... now it's just steps of hearts. I truly don't understand why something that has been around for decades has been scrapped. No one complained, no one suggested hearts... I don't know where they got this idea from.

1 minute ago, slimjim111 said:

Yes, it's terrible... It's so basic. There used to be a nuances between 80% and 55%... now it's just steps of hearts. I truly don't understand why something that has been around for decades has been scrapped. No one complained, no one suggested hearts... I don't know where they got this idea from.

The idea is obvious though. IRL (and this year the focus is on you as the manager IRL), you don't know the difference between 79% and 78%. You don't know the difference between 88% and 83%.

Yes, but IRL you don't go from feeling ok to tired to dead tired... it's a gradual thing. Anyone that has played sports will tell you that... there are stages and they are subtle. The hearts system takes it all away.

And I said there are nuances between 80 and 55%... you're narrowing the range massively when you write 'you don't know the difference between 79 and 78%'... that's just an invalid argument.

12 minutes ago, Mojo_Pin said:

Do you apply that logic to all the other value based stats in the game?

Exactly, are all attribute numbers going to away to get replaced by something else? How do we know someone is 14 in finishing and not 15?  We need numbers in this game because we aren't on the field and can't properly assess players without them. If it just said someone was 'pretty good' at finishing, what would that mean? The hearts are a bad change, if they wanted to change the numbers, only show it in increments maybe like every 5-10-15 or something.  

I understand the argument for the change, but I don't accept it. 

29 minutes ago, Mojo_Pin said:

Do you apply that logic to all the other value based stats in the game?

Exactly. Maybe next year the technical, mental and physical attributes will just be listed as poor, alright, good. That would be great, wouldn't it? 🤦‍♂️

Furthermore, how many managers, particularly at big clubs, are responsible for negotiating the signing of a player? Or the terms of a player's contract? It would be more realistic if we didn't get involved with that too, surely? 

Edited by superposh