Push the button

I just don't have time to play the full game, and actually enjoy it 

I gave up in 2017, when it took the best part of three months to get through a season. It just felt more like a chore than anything else 

With FMT, I don't really feel that I'm missing anything that makes the game immersive (for me) 

I can speak for myself that I like the more streamlined gameplay since I simply don't have the time for all the details the full-fat version is offering. You must take into consideration, that not all of us have hundreds of free hours to play the FM, so the FMT is allowing us to play the game with all the important aspects of football management (tactic, transfers, team building) without putting hundreds of hours into the gameplay. And that's more than enough for me personally.

Edited by uroszila

I stopped playing full fat FM about 8-9 years ago once it started to become too bloated with press conferences and talking to players. 

FMT is still an immersive experience without the bloatware that takes up too much time. 

35 minutes ago, Wakers said:

Come on Miles.

It's Friday, it's a lockdown weekend.

Push the button on FMTouch. It must be ready by now, no point releasing it on a Tuesday anymore.

Remember the last 1% of your playerbase, please.

Lol. So many of us begging for the game which so many of us were moaning about a few months ago. Can’t be that bad a product if we’re so keen!!!!!

27 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Eager for FMT then @Wakers?  ;)

---

Makes me curious - to people in general - what makes you choose FMT over FM?

FMT is fun. Enjoyable. It makes the match the centrepiece of the game, which surely it should be. I started playing full fat 21 on my iPad after withdrawal symptoms (I’m sure that’s why SI stagger release btw ;-)). I didn’t enjoy it.  So much scheduling and faff. I would like FMT to be a touch more immersive (shouts, team talks, player interaction would be nice). But training omg what a bore! 
training would be more accessible if you could hire  different types of coaches not because of their attributes but clearly delineated styles eg experienced 442 PL coach who favours hard training sessions dedicated to team shape or.....young innovative Dutch coach from Ajax school who favours working on original attacking plays and fluid football. Some would be risky others safe. But you would be able to see the team develop into a Leeds type avant garde  football or palace type 2 banks of 4. the actual sessions would be arranged by the coach.

The full version is just a pile of bollocks.

I always do long term games. I don't want to face the same 5 press conferences with 6 questions every week.

I don't want a badly scripted player interaction to dismantle my entire team.

More importantly, I want to pick a team, get the tactics sorted and get the scouting sorted.

Everything else is needless depth.

It's like real life in that you spend 95% of the time doing chores and 5% f the time doing what you actually want to do.

I switched to FMT about 5 years ago. Had a life-threatening medical issue, and just didn't have the energy to micro-manage players and training anymore. I love scouting and player development first and foremost, and Touch allows me to focus on that and playing matches, without all the excess detail.

Looks like from the features release that we are getting touchline shouts this year. That's a great addition!

35 minutes ago, RCCook said:

I switched to FMT about 5 years ago. Had a life-threatening medical issue, and just didn't have the energy to micro-manage players and training anymore. I love scouting and player development first and foremost, and Touch allows me to focus on that and playing matches, without all the excess detail.

Looks like from the features release that we are getting touchline shouts this year. That's a great addition!

That for me is a step too far toward full fat. A lot of the stuff that annoys me about the full version are vague buttons/commands/responses that don't do what they mean intuitively, or at least they do what you think they do but then they also do a couple of unexpected things that bugger up your plans.

To me FMT is the good old CM / early FM in modern package and with Tactics, Transfers and other stuff expanded to more or less optimal level. Perfect if you can only sacrifice 2-3 hours on most evenings. Personally I wouldn't like the team talks to make it to FMT as that too often overrode instead of supplementing the tactics. The jury's out on the shouts until I've played FMT 2021 for a bit.

4 hours ago, Joedw said:

I stopped playing full fat FM about 8-9 years ago once it started to become too bloated with press conferences and talking to players. 

FMT is still an immersive experience without the bloatware that takes up too much time. 

Pretty much the same for me. All the repetitive and boring media and interactions actually put me off the game. I almost gave up on the franchise, until I heard about touch (which is a ridiculous name as it implys it's gonna be more like the mobile version)

Haven't looked back since. Touch is fun. Full fat isnt

10 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Eager for FMT then @Wakers?  ;)

---

Makes me curious - to people in general - what makes you choose FMT over FM?

I'm the kind of player who needs to start 10 saves before I find one that really gets me going (although I have improved!). You can imagine what that's like with the full game. Also, as someone who doesn't trust the AI to get everything right, I don't really like delegating anything to my backroom staff in the full game apart from maybe training. In the full game where you can take charge of everything, I always do.

FMT is just quick and snappy in a way FM isn't. If you start an FMT save (with similar leagues loaded), you could probably get to your first pre-season game in at least half the time than you would in the full game. Now just extrapolate that pace over a whole season.

Don't get me wrong, there's definitely a place for full FM but imagine for some reason that you aren't feeling a save after one season (which could have been a month's playtime!), the only option is to slog through until you find a save that gets you going.

Player interaction is also a bit of a bugbear. I get wanting to replicate the dynamics of a dressing room in a game but replicating that kind of interaction between player and manager doesn't really translate that well into a game for me and it just becomes a case of beating the system by picking the option that works not because it's the correct option but because it's OP in the game and serves my needs.

20 minutes ago, Wakers said:

Coming soon, this item is not yet available.

Hmm.

16 minutes ago, Meurel77 said:

Don't want to break the party here but ... I have this message in Steam already for a couple of days.

Miles tweeted earlier today, they are aiming for midnight (4 hours time)

• SI Staff

Illuminating replies here, some very wise FMT fans :D. It's encouraging to see that for the most part, what you guys want from the game chimes with what we're trying to achieve. Thanks for kicking off the discussion @HUNT3R ;)