Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My keeper (Courtois) is constantly getting very low ratings (6.3 or below). I thought it was a bug but it seems like I am the only one having this problem. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong with him? He concedes very little btw

Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be is he's not actually doing much (if your defence is stopping most shots, etc, rather than him), and when he does have to save, he's just knocking them out for corners rather than keeping hold of the ball.

Still, given that goalkeeper ratings was something being worked on for FM21, might be worth posting in the Match Engine - AI & Tactics bug forum and provide some timestamps for saves in matches and the pkms of those matches for the devs to take a look at.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JordanMillward_1 said:

Might be is he's not actually doing much (if your defence is stopping most shots, etc, rather than him), and when he does have to save, he's just knocking them out for corners rather than keeping hold of the ball.

Still, given that goalkeeper ratings was something being worked on for FM21, might be worth posting in the Match Engine - AI & Tactics bug forum and provide some timestamps for saves in matches and the pkms of those matches for the devs to take a look at.

In some games the opposition have 0 shots at all. Courtois had absolutely nothing to do but score 6.1

Just wondering does inactivity in game result in lower ratings

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kimmy said:

In some games the opposition have 0 shots at all. Courtois had absolutely nothing to do but score 6.1

Just wondering does inactivity in game result in lower ratings

Well, inactivity from outfield players can cause their ratings to decrease, so it may be that the same is happening for goalkeepers when, by their nature, they might end up doing nothing in a match, but that's hardly their fault.

Like I said, I'd suggest reporting it. It's good that the ratings system for goalkeepers was worked on, and they do seem to get rewarded with better ratings for pulling off great saves, but they shouldn't get penalised in rating if the defence is good enough, or the opposing players bad enough, that they get to chill for 90 minutes not doing much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tiotom92 said:

My goalkeeper has the highest average rating after 20 games (playing as Brighton so he gets a fair number of shots against him).

Sounds like mine. My backup keeper's avg is the 2nd highest and my main keeper has the 3rd highest average. They're both quite busy during a game, though not at the same time.  :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot understand ratings tbh. If your team is the best in the league, your keeper wont have to do a lot.

Yet, the best ratings in the game are for keepers who have a lot of saves, so if I get 1 save and we get a clean sheet, I wont get a better rating than the keeper who made 10 saves but took 3 goals.

Weird huh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kimmy said:

My keeper (Courtois) is constantly getting very low ratings (6.3 or below). I thought it was a bug but it seems like I am the only one having this problem. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong with him? He concedes very little btw

I would recommend reporting this in the the Bugs section. I have the same experience sometimes, low ratings for my GK for no visible reason, especially when we dominate matches and have a clean sheet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had the same thing with De Gea, ended up with a fairly low average rating despite keeping 32 clean sheets in all comps. I was playing him as a sweeper keeper though, which to be fair isn't his strength, so I assumed the rating was due to inactivity, i.e. Making few saves as he faces few shots, but also the fact that his passing accuracy wasn't very good

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, enterprise1 said:

IMO keepers should have a default rating of 7, unless they make mistakes, saves etc. Far too often my keeper gets low ratings as he's had nothing to do.

The default rating would be 6.7 if we were going that route, as that's what everyone starts with at the beginning of a match.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...