Help Solve a Spanner in the Works

OK so I have a Newcastle save that's going well. We massively overachieved first season finishing 6th thanks to Callum Wilson being massively OP in this years game. The plan is to change to a team that dominates possession but still creates meaningful chances. I don't have the squad to do that yet but was hoping after the next 2-3 transfer windows to have the players in place.  

I had created the tactic below to get my players familiar with it to gradually changer over to. Then all over a sudden BAM! We have been taken over by a supposed tycoon led consortium (hurrah!), However he's decided he wanted to sign two players to celebrate his new acquisition. The first being a CB which I would of been over the moon with if I hadn't just brought two in 3 month earlier that I'd spent 6 month searching for. The other is Lisandro Martinez from Ajax. The problem I have is I'm not sure where to fit him into my  team. His obvious role would be the DLP in the left CM slot but I had signed Lewis Cook to play here and have moulded him the last 18 Month to fit this role perfect with the PPM's I wanted. I feel like he'd be a bit wasted as DM D and not right for the mezzala role.

I'm quite happy with the signing and don't want him to waste away on the bench so does anyone have any ideas how I could shuffle the Midfield 3 round to accommodate him? Am i correct in thinking a DLP in the DM slot is more suited to a counter attacking style of play? I may have to abandon the possession plan.

433 possesion.jpg

Lisandro Martinez.jpg

9 hours ago, geordiekris said:

433 possesion.jpg

Your team instructions suggest that you want to play a hard-core possession-based style. If so, then your setup of roles and duties definitely needs some tweaks, both for the sake of the playing style and for better balance overall. 

Lisandro Martinez from Ajax. The problem I have is I'm not sure where to fit him into my  team. His obvious role would be the DLP in the left CM slot but I had signed Lewis Cook to play here

Absolutely nothing wrong with playing Lisandro as DM on defend duty - or any holding DM role for that matter - since he has all needed attributes as well as proper traits. In fact, I would most preferably play him as a HB, both because he can play the role and the role itself would suit your style of play nicely. 

I feel like he'd be a bit wasted as DM D and not right for the mezzala role

As I said, he would not be "wasted" as a holding DM by any means. Likewise, he could be quite decent as a mezzala on support duty. But the problem is that in your current setup, I would be more inclined to have the mezzala on attack duty, along with a couple other tweaks (the striker's duty and the right back's both role and duty). 

If you don't want to use a mezzala on attack duty but only on support - or you simply don't have the right player for an attacking mezzala - then one very simple tweak would make your tactic a lot more balanced and sensible: a simple swap of your CM positions - the MEZsu in MCL and the DLPsu in MCR ;)

P.S: Not sure that the Dribble less TI is necessary and would like to know your reasoning behind it?