Arjen Robben - one last hurrah at FC Groningen

karanhsingh

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

1467663756_lastmatch.jpg.51768c0eebb06e750e7a1ef5cc80294c.jpg

We did our bet.

And PSV absolutely smashed Ajax.

1689361950_tablefinal.jpg.d425f8c2bc63c40252381508cc5ee172.jpg

Unfortunately Feyenoord held on to win the title. Pretty impressive actually, as they don't even have a great team.

We dropped some really stupid points along the way, that's where we lost it.

With Traore going back to Ajax (they won't renew) and Robben's physicals taking a real hit, I am not sure we can repeat this next season.

Wait till Traore goes back to Ajax and then try again as I managed to renew Traore's loan for another season, If that work then loan in Brobery(sp) also at Ajax as his replacement if you want.

Either that or play Robben up front as a poacher lol.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Wait till Traore goes back to Ajax and then try again as I managed to renew Traore's loan for another season, If that work then loan in Brobery(sp) also at Ajax as his replacement if you want.

Either that or play Robben up front as a poacher lol.

I don't think they will, I think they will play him. He's honestly better than any of their strikers now.

Robben's acceleration is 8 now lol. And his pace is I think 10. He unfortunately will be no more than a squad player next season.

1 minute ago, Hootieleece said:

Good Run at it. You needed Sparta to win and that didn't happen.

Now you can focus on your French Save! Lol.

Yes I did! Which French save lol? Have you started one?

1 minute ago, Hootieleece said:

@karanhsingh: I have not started a French save yet. In the middle of my "journeyman" save as myself I started during the beta. Started at Southport FC now with Swansea in Championship.

I am actually thinking of doing an Eastern Europe save with Hungary as my focus this year.

Nice, I like Eastern Europe. Also contemplating something there, though not sure where exactly. There are too many good save ideas lol.

So this kind of came out of the blue...

retire1.jpg.abab34ac78389b9ded9a3c6744f645de.jpg

Tried to get him to change his mind.

retire.jpg.b1ca024d618f029d9d070bfda793a757.jpg

But was unable to. Well, at least we managed to achieve this together. But we almost got that elusive title!

record.jpg.35ec91f604ffa743004f50b3b874267d.jpg

One last look at Robben before he quits. Honestly he could still do a job. Finishes the season with 14 goals and 13 assists.

1917874374_robbenlastlook.thumb.jpg.d514300f3ea13d1fdeb25d67217e4aec.jpg

• 10 months later...

To continue the trend of reviving past saves & completing them before FM22 arrives, I have decided to pick this up again. And Arjen will definitely be joining us at PSV. 

Hope some of you will be along for the ride :) the objective is to become the top dogs in Holland and hopefully try to win a European trophy as well. 

Great results with Groningen! It´s unfortunate that Robben didn´t play the third season at least but looking forward for PSV, they have very interesting squad.

I would like to ask you which logos do you use? They look very smooth. Thank you :) 

On 14/10/2021 at 13:30, Oliver Roland said:

Great results with Groningen! It´s unfortunate that Robben didn´t play the third season at least but looking forward for PSV, they have very interesting squad.

I would like to ask you which logos do you use? They look very smooth. Thank you :) 

Thank you! The logos - oh gosh I'll have to check. Have been using these forever. 

1 hour ago, deltablue said:

Groningen have a catchy stadium name ;)

They do! Phillips Stadion is not as nice. But am enjoying PSV so far. Shall have an update up soon. 

Looks like this will not be happening... I actually had a very productive summer at PSV before my laptop crashed. I am now trying to get it re-formatted in the next few days before FM22 rolls around.