Lot of crosses are blocked straight to corners.

9 minutes ago, szp said:

Because of this issue it is impossible to use "Winger", "Wingback" roles. Unless you want to go crazy and see even more corners per game. 

This. I don't get it how this can ever work if there's roles who try to cross or dribble more? It should be team instruction not player hard coded instruction.  Forcing a cross more individually will not work. It has to be team instruction where ball is hit more often to a box and team works accordingly to get this work. Only thing I can see making this work is making work ball into box and dribble less team instructions more powerful that those override hard coded dribble mores and cross more instructions. Of course there's this wide defending issue as well.

I think this all stems from the defensive width tactical instructions which seriously unbalanced wide play . In order to compensate a set number of crosses are blocked to not make the scorelines too unrealistic.

26 minutes ago, thejay said:

I think this all stems from the defensive width tactical instructions which seriously unbalanced wide play . In order to compensate a set number of crosses are blocked to not make the scorelines too unrealistic.

But why not just have balls ricochet back into the field or float over everyone and out for a throw in or goal kick? So many crosses are fizzed across the area but no one gets on the end of them. That rarely happens in this game. 

Edited by wazzaflow10

32 minutes ago, PassIntoSpace said:

I experience the same issues. Players wait to cross the ball, which gets blocked and out for a corner. Over and over. They ignore instructions to pass shorter and usually don't try to square the ball to a supporting player but insist on trying to cross when I didn't ask them to. Setting whipped, floated, low, doesn't seem to make any difference at all. Same with cross from deep or cross from byline, cross less often. Not only this looks incredibly stupid and has no variety (doesn't get bounced back into play, gets stolen, intercepted in the actual box, etc), it's just plain infuriating watching this happen 20 times in a single game.

Try watching the game on comprehensive highlights without punching the monitor. I feel like many don't use comprehensive and don't notice the same repeated behavior over and over.

Exactly. I am watching at least extended highlights. Managed to play 2 seasons and there will be no more if this is not fixed.

On 05/01/2021 at 20:23, PassIntoSpace said:

I experience the same issues. Players wait to cross the ball, which gets blocked and out for a corner. Over and over. They ignore instructions to pass shorter and usually don't try to square the ball to a supporting player but insist on trying to cross when I didn't ask them to. Setting whipped, floated, low, doesn't seem to make any difference at all. Same with cross from deep or cross from byline, cross less often. Not only this looks incredibly stupid and has no variety (doesn't get bounced back into play, gets stolen, intercepted in the actual box, etc), it's just plain infuriating watching this happen 20 times in a single game.

Try watching the game on comprehensive highlights without punching the monitor. I feel like many don't use comprehensive and don't notice the same repeated behavior over and over.

Also the cross early or from deep instructions seem useless- always the same pattern: player has room to cross then waits to be closed down, or tries to get to byline despite instructions for early crosses and from deep. Surprised this is just under review as its quite clearly an issue.

This bug is making the game really annoying. I was happy when i saw the new M.E. but as time passes, things are getting worse and worse. That guy that said "wait to be closed down, then cross" is so right, it's exactly what is happening. Plus there is no meaning where the ball goes, it is always corner, never to a different direction and never blocked And also a player with 2 tackle, 3 bravery, 2 aggression can tackle anytime like Puyol even if he is 2 meters behind you.. And lastly players tackle before you pass/cross/shoot and you just do what the tackle commands so the ball gets blocked. Watching match engine like that on games gets on my nerves. Just stopped playing the game till it's fixed, not having fun any more.

Yes this is painful to watch. Wingers and wingbacks have loads of space and people in the box, instead of an early cross they will dribble towards crowded areas to sweep in a cross and see it blocked by the defense.... for a corner. I also feel early cross instructing doesn't make a difference. The only way to fix this is to get players with loads of pace, flair and dribbling and the trait knocks balls past opponents, then you will rarely see they can dribble pass a defender and cross.

But the game is broken on more places, for example I play in 343, my wingers will never track back the oppositions wing/fullbacks (i have this instruction set). They just refuse to do this, from here the opposition do find some early crosses sometimes. Annoying. Thats why i'm pretty sure the only good working tactics in fm21 are possesion based tactics where u overload the opposition with players in the attacking area, the goal here is to just score more than you concede on counters. I find it really dificult to play with weak teams and be solid from the back and counter. Just doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned before...but:

A workaround for the time being (probably forever knowing these dudes) is to set your WIngers/Wing Backs to Inverted as this will allow them to cut inside some of the time and partially avoid the poison corner scenario.

Edited by Arkon
Spelling error

This was first raised in FM 21 in November 2020, now over 2 months ago. However it was also raised as an issue in FM20 in January 2020 and eventually we were told there would be no more updates or fixes to FM20 and it was left. I think we all had a hope that FM21 would be better. It isn't!

The latest fix 21.2.2 1503138 ME 21.5.0.0 did make some improvements but not much. Every time my wing back or wingers run to the by-line I know what is going to happen. The defender comes in, gets a leg to it and its a corner. I have never seen a cross get through. This happens even if the attacker has a chance to cross a couple of seconds before where they miss the opportunity and keep going until its too late. The workaround by setting the attacker to inverted, cross more often and dribble less helps.

If this was real football the offending player who consistently fails to get a cross through in this way in would have such a severe boll***ing at half time their ears would be stinging for days.

The issue is still under review. I appreciate that it may not be a simple one to solve but the time has come for a firm message from SI indicating WHEN THIS ISSUE IS LIKELY TO BE RESOLVED. For me its the most significant issue with the game.

Hi match engine team,

I've attached a PKM example from  a recent save. It appears that predominantly this issue occurs when a player attempts a cross from the byline. I would estimate that in over 90% of scenarios it favours the defender attempting the block resulting in the ball going our for a corner.

I appreciate this is a fine balancing act, and I love the improvements to defending overall, but this outcome is becoming all too predictable in an otherwise stellar match engine this year.

Examples are as follows:

4:07

5:14

12:42

25:58

39:04

40:20

49:04

49:55

56:05

66:07

72:02

89:24

Appreciate you looking into this :)

Bournemouth v Blackburn - crosses out for corners.pkm

"Something you will notice very quickly is that in the FM21 match engine, defenders will completely ignore overlapping full backs in 98/100 cases. They will defend narrowly and there will not be any space to move into in the half-space unless it's a counter. You'd think that would your overlapping fullback free to cross, but alas, he won't do that either. Instead, he will either dwell on the ball until closed down, refuse to move into the open space, or receive the ball and cut inwards into the defender before crossing the ball straight into his leg for a corner"

10 hours ago, spiritdonkey said:

"Something you will notice very quickly is that in the FM21 match engine, defenders will completely ignore overlapping full backs in 98/100 cases. They will defend narrowly and there will not be any space to move into in the half-space unless it's a counter. You'd think that would your overlapping fullback free to cross, but alas, he won't do that either. Instead, he will either dwell on the ball until closed down, refuse to move into the open space, or receive the ball and cut inwards into the defender before crossing the ball straight into his leg for a corner"

Hate to clog up a bug report but this is exactly what's happening, I reported it last year too, it's been toned down a lot but it's still there.

Just running through a few games yesterday my fullbacks were wracking up 5-8 Key passes a game because they were often left unmarked & when they did get a cross in the player on the opposite flank was able to get on the end of it in. It is an intentional part of the tactic (or any tactic with an overlapping fullback) but it's a very common pattern & source of goals, it's too easy to pull off. Wether the flanks are preferred by the ME for this to be happening so often as it does or the opposition are defending narrow & freeing up flanks, your team then sees the space on the flanks so the ball must go in that direction, I don't know   

Defenses sitting narrow, letting the flanks have all the fun while the centre of the pitch is congested & hard to play through. Again, this year, it's easy for average wide attackers to get 10-20 goals goals a season without much effort where any world class central player in the same strata will struggle to get double digits no matter how hard you try. Off on a different tangant here but wether the flanks are preferred by the ME it's something I want to look into when I have the energy & time 

Wether this inflates cross attempts & thus corners vs real life football, I've not looked into it but I imagine it does 

This is one of the things I was talking about: 53:50

Untitled1.png.a3afbd1740887e6484861fcf92efcfe9.png

a) look at number two, my FB(S), players in the centre are double marked & he's found himself a whole load of space, no problem

b) Clayton finds him with a pinpoint pass (pass rates are crazy high). Team mentality is Balanced, shorter passing, but he sees a player unmarked & makes the pass, fair enough 

c) The right back receives the pass, number 3 closes him down & his cross is blocked 

Untitled2.png.0b41a530c6a0e547a013039b2081feec.png

Before the cross is attempted, number 11 offers support 

So for me, it's a combination of things

Just picking that out was a PITA too because that cross isn't picked up in the Match Analysis 

Untitled3.png.79c19a8a6d286e8ffb70928159f23fc2.png

The New Saints v Birmingham.pkm

Edited by Johnny Ace

On 05/01/2021 at 15:23, PassIntoSpace said:

This hits the nail on the head for a lot of my frustrations with the game right now: Players simply don't follow the instruction set in the tactic time after time. I don't care about the line we've heard over and over from SI that "sometimes they will, sometimes they won't."  Just see today's Chelsea game. If you don't do what the head coach wants, you get hammered. It's immensely frustrating and quite frankly atrocious game design when the choices you make don't actually have any impact.

1 hour ago, andu1 said:

In my current save i am seeing a reduction in corners per game.

I’m not. Over 15 corners is regularly seen. I don’t think there have been any ME changes to address it due to balancing issues. 

This issue is still showing as 'under review' That in itself is worrying as it was reported first in FM20 over a year ago now, never resolved and has appeared in FM21 as what many of us 'serious players' see as a major game play problem. I tell my staff at work (as do most other successful companies) that a company that does not listen to its customers will eventually fail. Sports Interactive are not listening to us!

Crosses strike defenders almost every time. cross instructions i.e. float crosses, whipped, low are all ignored as are individual crossing instructions such as cross from deep. It is the single biggest problem that faces this game and tinkering around the edges with social media, press conferences etc is secondary to the key issue in the game and that is the match engine.

When are SI going to tell us the conclusions of their 'under review' work. Telling us they are still working on it and expect a solution by  ******* would be better than silence.

There are less corners in 21.3 than before. There is an improvement on this regard.

In 21.2 there were matches with 30 corners, now there seem to be around 15 per game ( still a bit high )

Edited by andu1

On 06/02/2021 at 13:33, Arkon said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before...but:

A workaround for the time being (probably forever knowing these dudes) is to set your WIngers/Wing Backs to Inverted as this will allow them to cut inside some of the time and partially avoid the poison corner scenario.

Tried that and it does help. But problem is as your team becomes better you face park the bus frequently so IWBs just congest what is already a congested area.

Its the most frustrating thing about this really as PTB tactics arent penalised by leaving the wide areas open,  previously it was always logical to use width to prise open resolute and packed defences, Now the AI just sits narrow -  this means narrow park the bus tactics are effective not only at closing players down centrally but they have no problem closing down wide players due to the way wide players dwell on the ball, fail to cross early and allow themselves to be easily closed down.

Not sure if its been flagged but this isnt just a player issue, the AI is also affected and watching games at time is unbearable.

AI Crosses from last few games for me, I mix up my defensive width depending on opposition so this doesnt seem to affect this:

image.png.312e89f61d31ce9c12f3003a0919c44b.png

image.png.b1f3583369fb3778d8ce0e957a115c33.png

image.png.2116ec38f1f31927cd5b00609f4d863a.png

image.png.ad7573d713bc5bdbd40a232b989d5932.png

Even if the player mitigates high crossing amount themselves they are faced with watching a large amount of blocked crosses.

image.png

On 18/02/2021 at 13:04, Johnny Ace said:

Hate to clog up a bug report but this is exactly what's happening, I reported it last year too, it's been toned down a lot but it's still there.

Just running through a few games yesterday my fullbacks were wracking up 5-8 Key passes a game because they were often left unmarked & when they did get a cross in the player on the opposite flank was able to get on the end of it in. It is an intentional part of the tactic (or any tactic with an overlapping fullback) but it's a very common pattern & source of goals, it's too easy to pull off. Wether the flanks are preferred by the ME for this to be happening so often as it does or the opposition are defending narrow & freeing up flanks, your team then sees the space on the flanks so the ball must go in that direction, I don't know   

Defenses sitting narrow, letting the flanks have all the fun while the centre of the pitch is congested & hard to play through. Again, this year, it's easy for average wide attackers to get 10-20 goals goals a season without much effort where any world class central player in the same strata will struggle to get double digits no matter how hard you try. Off on a different tangant here but wether the flanks are preferred by the ME it's something I want to look into when I have the energy & time 

Wether this inflates cross attempts & thus corners vs real life football, I've not looked into it but I imagine it does 

Im finding this too- my Spurs side are pretty dominant and every single game is PTB which although boring is kind of logical. Anyway as Im aware crossing is an issue I try and focus through the middle but as its so congested the ball always goes wide. Ive tried IWB but they just congest the middle more.

I get the idea that the game is tested with teams that do not have high reputations as its certainly more prevalent the better you and your players get. It also means when you buy a special expensive player they dont seem so great as the nice attacking moves and dribbling we saw in the beta has been toned down.

Just feels that as it was easy to score some very nice goals in the beta that SI went way too far the other way in an attempt to even things up.

Just about done with the game I think, if I see one more winger or full-back in 20 yards of space that we've worked hard to create wait for the defender to come out and then smack the ball against them, as if they're time-wasting at the end of the match.

As others have said it's also the utter predictability of where the ball goes when it hits the defender, when in real-life it could ricochet anywhere, take a slight deflection off the defender and loop across goal or even hit their hand (why does this never happen?).  It does sort of hit home that this ball isn't being moved by physics, by forces applied through actually kicking the ball and it hitting the body of the defender anywhere from toe to head, and all the possibilities that offers, it's just being tweened from point A to point B to give the illusion things are happening in real-time. 

It doesn't help that from the 25 corners my team get they will head almost every single ball they get to miles over the bar, and anything they actually get on target the keeper will magically anticipate its direction and do their slide & catch animation despite having about 0.1 seconds to react and a reflexes rating of 9.

Edited by MadBeagle81

I don't have the exact figures, just checking the City game from last night, they had 4 corners, Wolves 0. I bet with City you could invert your wide players, slow everything down & WBIB & still wouldn't get sub 4 corners

Part of me thinks it's how the ME balances turning over possession, pass rates are too high across the board. Very rarely do you do see a player misplace a pass, most pass failures seem to come from the long balls that are headed on so cross failures help balance it out.  

(I play the older FM's & you'll notice players messing up passes at all levels)

Edited by Johnny Ace
Typos

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

I don't have the exact figures, just checking the City game from last night, they had 4 corners, Wolves 0. I bet with City you could invert your wide players, slow everything down & WBIB & still wouldn't get sub 4 corners

Part of me thinks is how the ME balances turning over possession, pass rates are too high across the board. Very rarely do you do see a player misplace a pass, most pass failures seem to come from the long balls that are headed on so cross failures help balance it out.  

(I play the older FM's & you'll notice payers messing up passes at all levels)

There's several ME weaknesses connected what throws game in off balance in direction and balance of the  game flow.

1) bad clears after interceptions https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/549286-me21600-lots-of-unnecessary-clears/?do=findComment&comment=12979343

Affecting where and how ball possession is lost and destroys the core reason of play defending tactics.*

2) Bad lateral reacting of defline. Game flow goes too much to flanks because the space is there. *(Affecting where and how ball possession is lost and destroys the core reason of play defending tactics.)

3) Logic of moving formation laterally with the ball missing because formations don't move realistically. Because of this going flanks and cross is a viable option and causes a lot of shots Vs underdogs. *(Affecting where and how ball possession is lost and destroys the core reason of play defending tactics.)

These are all linked and I really hope this will be the main direction of improvements in FM22 because if not the game will continue to struggle in top of wrong kind of base. Struggling to find realistic presentation just because core is leaking.

Finally managed to find a way that makes this workable- it doesnt reduce crosses but definitely helps with wide play.

So before I was trying a 433 with IW/IFs and Wingbacks for width with this in possession:

image.png.030fa16f6a0db4b5336455e39fc90094.png

Had tried IWBs before but never wingers as Id trained all my players to play on a particular side. Anyway switched to IWB and Wingers and get this (had to flip it for comparison)

image.png.25541bd4f632cca12ccebb1259c55347.png

Finding that wingers on a side with their wrong foot still cut in but they just occupy wider positions, plus the IWB and DM cover their midfield far better too.

Really also like how my 2 support midfielders are up against 1 DM and my wingers are not double marked.

Still think the amount of crosses is an issue (completion rates are fine) but this has turned games against PTB where Id win but hate watching, to the dominant performances Id expect to see from the quality of player I have. Could possibly be the IW role needs work so players dont drive into the box so early and stay wider until it looks like the ball may be coming into the box or a pass is played.

Edited by dunk105

The reason they haven't fixed this along with any other bug that affects the amount of goals that scores is because it's there to hide ME weakness.

The fullback or winger gets massive amounts of space in this game and if it was realistic ,would have plenty of time to pick out a great cross and possible goal.

The problem isn't that there are blocked crosses, the problem is that the ME has zero clue how to defend wide areas and always goes into narrow deep blocks. 

This means that whether by intention or just the ME doing this, the crosses have to be blocked or the game would be massively unbalanced.

Lots of other bugs that are to do with conceding stupid goals from silly passes/long balls is to do with balance. They can't fix it until they fix the underlying issue , which is the defending and pressing in this game.

On 05/03/2021 at 14:56, bcereus said:

The reason they haven't fixed this along with any other bug that affects the amount of goals that scores is because it's there to hide ME weakness.

The fullback or winger gets massive amounts of space in this game and if it was realistic ,would have plenty of time to pick out a great cross and possible goal.

The problem isn't that there are blocked crosses, the problem is that the ME has zero clue how to defend wide areas and always goes into narrow deep blocks. 

This means that whether by intention or just the ME doing this, the crosses have to be blocked or the game would be massively unbalanced.

Lots of other bugs that are to do with conceding stupid goals from silly passes/long balls is to do with balance. They can't fix it until they fix the underlying issue , which is the defending and pressing in this game.

Agree with that completely.

Problem is (as you suggest) SI also use PTB and defensive tactics almost every game  when players reach a certain team reputation. This used to be fine in previous as the logical way to fight this is to utilise width, but in FM21 the AI never come out. So essentially once players start doing well matches are just unwatchable as through the middle is packed and you cant use wide areas either. At least give us one or the other and not block off both to cover up for a known weakness.

But just leaving it this way is not great, trying to be delicate in what I say here but as a customer Id be appalled if a fix for something known for 2 months is left till FM22 and is effectively a pay walled patch.

Em 02/03/2021 em 13:30, dunk105 disse:

Tried that and it does help. But problem is as your team becomes better you face park the bus frequently so IWBs just congest what is already a congested area.

Its the most frustrating thing about this really as PTB tactics arent penalised by leaving the wide areas open,  previously it was always logical to use width to prise open resolute and packed defences, Now the AI just sits narrow -  this means narrow park the bus tactics are effective not only at closing players down centrally but they have no problem closing down wide players due to the way wide players dwell on the ball, fail to cross early and allow themselves to be easily closed down.

That´s precisely the witnessed scenario when you´re the one playing offensively against an opposition which sits back and congests the middle of the final third. Yet, once the roles are switched and you employ a more defensive minded approach in the face of strong opposition, they will have no issues exploiting your exposed flanks because players from the AI controlled teams actually do cross when unmarked in wide positions near the byline and your defenders are often unable to deal with such crosses despite being closely packed together and in numerical superiority due to their passive attitude and lack of positional awareness. So although PTB style tactics tend to be quite effective at dismantling your attacks, they won´t produce nearly the same effect against the opposition.

Matches are plain and simply hard to watch on the current match engine build, it´s as if the sole intent of the game is to frustrate you as much as humanely possible by flat out going against your tactical instructions. Wether it´s your defenders continuously hoofing long balls to no man´s land despite you having set them to play out of defense, players not delivering any early crosses into the box when they´re specifically intructed to do so or your defensive line sitting very narrow across the middle time and time again when you set it to stay wide and cover the flanks. Few things work as they should so how can the player´s tactics get blamed for all these glaring problems when they aren´t even being followed to begin with?

22 hours ago, CEVR1996 said:

That´s precisely the witnessed scenario when you´re the one playing offensively against an opposition which sits back and congests the middle of the final third. Yet, once the roles are switched and you employ a more defensive minded approach in the face of strong opposition, they will have no issues exploiting your exposed flanks because players from the AI controlled teams actually do cross when unmarked in wide positions near the byline and your defenders are often unable to deal with such crosses despite being closely packed together and in numerical superiority due to their passive attitude and lack of positional awareness. So although PTB style tactics tend to be quite effective at dismantling your attacks, they won´t produce nearly the same effect against the opposition.

Completely agree- I've tried not pressing so high and trying to create space but the AI either just sits there and I eventually I hit the wall, or better sides who dont sit runs rings around me.

Whats really annoying is how wide players congregate towards the box once in the final third, its particularly bad with wingbacks, ideally Id be able to set my attacking to narrow but have wide men hug the line with the stay wide and run wide instructions but they always get dragged in. 

Started a new save and its certainly better with a lower  reputation- so I can see why people are split on this as its not going to be a problem for all teams. Either way though it needs some tweaking for players who are successful- the most disappointing thing is the excitement of making signings of special players is soon diminished as they never stand out. Feels as if the ME wasnt tested with the full range of reputations.

• 1 month later...

The silence on this issue is deafening.

I have completely lost faith in SI games, not because they have not fixed this but because of their apparent dishonesty in not admitting they are unable to fix it; or are they?

The issue goes back to January 2020 with FM20 and we were entitled to have it fixed for FM21. Clearly it wasn't. In relation to FM20 they eventually told us there would be no more updates. I hope that before long we will get an update to the FM21 game or are we going to have to wait until FM22? 

I FEEL TOTALLY LET DOWN BY SI GAMES AND WILL NOT BE BUYING FM22 UNTIL I KNOW THIS PROBLEM OF CROSSES TO DEFENDERS AND THE WHOLE ISSUE OF CROSSING AND OTHER THINGS ARE RESOLVED. You have not even fixed the issue of the referee in Newcastle United colours.

Come on SI games lest have some comment.

14 hours ago, nala said:

have completely lost faith in SI games, not because they have not fixed this but because of their apparent dishonesty in not admitting they are unable to fix it; or are they?

This is uncalled for. If you want SI to comment or be involved in discussions this isn't the way to do it.

Posted (edited)

There is another thing which wasn't mentioned and it affects and increases crossing numbers a lot. Passing numbers. Passing percentages are too high and passing attempts can be really way too low.

From my experience and from what I could gather from ai vs ai games which is more important in a game like FM for the sake of realism very high tempo play is "the only way to go". While I agree modern football is all about tempo it is poorly presented currently. You might easily find there are sometimes even 50 percent less passing attempts than expected. Football looks a little like hockey where there's one player who brings the ball into opposition third and tries to hold it up while others follow. This looks weird and in real football it doesn't work like that too often. That's how hockey basketball handball are played but not football.

Also too much running with ball happens when playing with high tempo. Shouldn't high tempo and short passing mean quick one touch football? Usually ball gets channeled down the flanks and fullbacks start doing their thing. Maybe because they are instructed to do so? They behave like they are all Messi or Adama Traore. Compared to real football they should provide width passing options and feed more creative players around them. Only CWB with attack duty should behave as attacking like any fullback currently does. There's some progress being made it's better than it used to be bu still not good. Same goes for all wide players they dribble too much. On mentalities higher than balanced football is unwatchable without dribble less it doesn't look like football imho. Passing numbers are prove.

On other hand lower tempo and dribble less will get these numbers to what is expected but nowhere to chance creation. Problem is there are far more football styles in FM than there are in real football. With this I mean mentality/passing style/tempo combinations. Difference is too big in terms of how football looks and again passing numbers are providing prove for what I'm saying. For example if we compare Liverpool with City they play two totally different attacking styles in FM while passing numbers and possession stats look very similar irl. That's why I said there are more football styles in FM than irl. It's far from balanced currently...

Edited by Mitja

On 12/05/2021 at 05:05, Rashidi said:

This is uncalled for. If you want SI to comment or be involved in discussions this isn't the way to do it.

I think what you have said is completely uncalled for. It strikes me as any criticism of SI results in comments such as yours. If you look at my previous comments you will see I have never been anything that rational and polite. It certainly brought a response from SI even if it was not the response we were expecting about an update.

It is not too much to ask for an update on an issue that has been around since FM20 and not resolved despite a host of comments on this topic page.

Rashidi -  A tip about Customer Service - You would have better acknowledging my concerns and the concerns that others have raised on this topic, which has been 'under review' for months, and telling us  what the position is. 

My remarks were made out of my frustration that is shared by many others that we bought FM20 and despite many concerns about crossing they were not fixed. We then went on and bought FM21 with an expectation the issue of crossing would be resolved only to find it is not. Instead of making attacks on your customers why don't you answer the simple question. Will the issue of crossing in FM21 be resolved with an update and when? If it will not be resolved please tell us that. Until you do that I am entitled to feel SI have something to hide and therefore the dishonesty remark is valid.

I apologise if you find the remark offensive. In return for my apology you could reciprocate and answer my questions. Please understand our frustrations.

Best wishes

1 hour ago, nala said:

In return for my apology you could reciprocate and answer my questions.

I am a moderator on the forums, I moderate. And I don't care very much for anyone's apology. I am not an employee of SI and I do not speak for them. However I do take offence to remarks made my people who suggest "dishonesty" on the part of SI and then demand they respond.  That is going to be the sum total of my response to your post

• 1 month later...

As everyone is complaining about how many crosses get blocked, to me the sheer amount of attempted ones is staggering. Top teams whip in about 50 per game, with some wingers having 20-25 per 90 minutes. It is so frustrating to analyse your match at half or full time only to see those absurdly high numbers, but I don't think there's anything you can do about it, besides not using the roles that promote crosses even more. 

• 2 weeks later...

crosses are being blocked straight to corners bec if it wasn't coded this way, it would result in more crosses completed to the attackers inside the box therefore making every game have at least 5 or more goals which is unrealistic. yes, 99.99% blocked crosses straight to corners is unrealistic too so SI picked the lesser of the two evils.

Out of curiosity, I switched my view to 2D Classic today. Although this makes no sense whatsoever, I'm seeing a lot more range in terms of what happens to crosses. Some get blocked and remain in play, some find their target, some go all the way across the pitch without anybody getting a touch, some are still blocked out for corners but substantially fewer.

So far I've tried this for 3 matches. In the first match I switched between 2D Classic, TV and Data Analyst views. Even in the same match, the number crosses blocked for corners shifted depending on which view I had.

• 1 month later...

This is one of the things that so many of us are going to be quite upset and disheartened to see in FM 22. I really hope they have fixed this quite glaring problem.

If you play every match on 'comprehensive' 3D highlights your corner count will be through the roof and it ruins the experience that 3D is supposed to bring.

If you play on 'key' only for 70 minutes and then switch to 'full match', whatever your corner count was at 70' will be tripled by 90' using 'full match'.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope SI Games are going to address this quite game breaking bug, as i have been frustrated by it also for the last two editions of the game.

I recently found myself going back to FM16, while obviously the match engine is inferior, i was amazed at the football i could still get my team to play and actually CROSS A BALL INTO THE BOX!

I've played FM20 and FM21 the least out of any other edition of the game because of this same old boring bug that happens 50 times a match and if FM22 is going to be the same then i will no longer be spending my money annually on this game any more.