Lot of crosses are blocked straight to corners.

to add to this topic, my game against Oldham

9 first half corners from blocked crosses

07:19 cross  = corner

07:55 cross = corner

10:44 cross , sliding tackle = corner

12:25 cross = corner

15:40 cross = corner

19:02 shot blocked = corner

23:21 cross in to defender's leg (tactical instructions, work ball in the box)

25:50 tackle = corner

*31:38 dumb flick... but nothing to do with corner

32:27 cross = corner

45:40 tackle =  corner

I finished the game with 21 corners

This existed since 2019 and yet you spend more time re-doing your UI

Leeds v Oldham.pkm

Any news? I'm watching Championship now and blocked crosses often goes back to field (and rarely to corners). Miss this variety in FM21 ME engine(

So, my resume:
- crosses are blocked may be more often than IRL
- but (and this is more important) even if they blocked, it almost always goes to corner, not back to field or back to crossing player (or intercepted by defender and he stays with ball in his feets)

12 hours ago, kertiek said:

i see the cross blocking problem too, but i think it kinda connected to a  lack of dribbles also, i tried to report this a few days ago but didnt had an answer from si games yet, 

check it

They must be busy with other issues as well, but I don't think this issue should be handled lightly either. 

1 hour ago, Josh Brimacombe-Wiard said:

Hi All,

We are aware of this in studio and it is under review.

Thank you for your examples we will use these in our investigation.

Cheers,

Josh

i think this problem is related to the inexistence of dribbles, if u could please take a look at this, maybe am right, maybe am wrong .. am justr tryng to help to solve both of the problems that could be related

Hello!

The same problem here! Wide defenders and wingers constantly dribling to the final line + waiting for the oposition defenders to close and kicking against them to win a corner!

Despite settings to early crosses and to cross often and from deep they make the same thing!

It should be basic, for example, in a counter situation a winger seeing the forward in the area make a early cross to take advantage of the striker movement.

The reason of having wingers and wide defenders crossing with a hight tempo game is to fast deliver the ball to the opposition area of the fast game!

If they take their time waiting for the defenders to close down to prevent the cross or the center backs and defenders midfilders to have all the time of the world to positioning themselfs to block the movement of the striker, it´s not a realistic football game!

Major issue!

This FM gameplay is horrible... players just RUUUUUUN. They seems like Forst Gump (Run Forest, Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuun) --' 

All the time they run, they go to the final line and cross. THE CROSS IS ALLWAY BLOCKED and guess what?? CORNER... all the time!!
More... 2x 1 Attacking sittuations ----> the player who have the ball can easly pass to his team mate and put him alone with the GK. But guess what?? The player with the ball tries to dribble and the opponent cut's. AND THERE'S ANOTHER F***ING CORNER.

That's not funny, that's not football.
Try to fix this please... i play FM since 2008 but i will not play anymore if this issues continues. Is not funny...really!

Sem Título.png

great patch SI, you touched on everything besides this issue....

Instead of saying it is under review why won't you just admit that you can't fix them...

I had my hopes up but you smashed them again.....

tackles from miles away roll out for a corner, less blocks but still more than enough to allow 20+ corners 

You call this the feedback thread but it seems your getting feed backs from elsewhere.

Chelsea v Bournemouth.pkm Newcastle v Norwich.pkm Liverpool v Birmingham.pkm West Ham v Blackburn.pkm Man Utd v Brentford.pkm

Hi,

Yes, 2 years ago it was pointed out that an inordinate amount  crosses were being blocked (resulting in far too many corners.)

This unbalances the game.

We were told that it would be looked into - nothing happened!

If real football situations were observed it would be noted that usually a player in a crossing position will lay the

ball back to a supporting player when his path is blocked and is unable to cross the ball...this would help to alleviate the problem. 

Edited by Arkon
Spelling error

STILL nothing in latest update! Have they got their fingers stuck in their ears!!

Seems a waste of time reporting these problems - over 2 years now!

The same as the crazy offsides we used to have that took even longer to sink in!

Edited by Arkon
added some txt

honestly, if this game cannot "simulate" and "generate" stats that are close to real life football... what is their strength in the industry?... being playable on Xbox?

I'm starting to wonder if they even possess the ability and technology to take this Football manager saga forward...

1 hour ago, h3nrique_SEP said:

i'm pretty dissapointed with myself that i've not refunded the game when i have the chance

FM18 it's better than 21, maybe you can play it

There is of course. Don't buy it. That's the only way SI games would really step up is if they lost customers

29 minutes ago, nala said:

There is of course. Don't buy it. That's the only way SI games would really step up is if they lost customers

I hardly think they'd have any customers if ppl here all left, but they know too well that we won't leave

Seeing this a lot, not sure if the update made it worse or not. 13 crosses in my last game, 12 of them immediately blocked.

It is not fun watching my full backs meander slowly around with the ball then smack it into the opposition defender over and over and over again.

I got to say that I have been following this topic, and in my new save after the update it feels like this has improved notably.

Mind you, the sample is small because is matches I have seen past few days, but I see both more crosses going through, not been blocked, and those that are have much more varied results. Like blocks going the opposite way from the end line or been kept by the defender seem to be more common than them going to corner.

Like, I dont know if the numbers are realistic still, but what its certain at least from this small experience I had, is that before it was clear that most corners came from blocked crosses by a far marging, and the ratio of blocked crosses was insine, while now they are not even the source of the majority of corners. Corsses overall have a higher sucess rate (as in not been blocked, which indirectly does add to the effectvieness as a chance creation method). Both things still happen but feel quite toned down.

Some thoughts about too many corners reasons. Fm21 is better than ever and for the first time I can see game is really going forward while patches drop in. Theres still this huge thing concerning defline movement laterally and taking account how many strikers they are defending. I'm really excited to see can the static defline movement laterally be finally fixed in upcoming patches? I think not because I can only think how mutch work its going to need to pull it through. Anyway here's some thoughts why corners keep coming.

My opinion problems causing this are:

1) Defline players too slow and cautious lateral movements.

2) Too good speed in dribbles.

2146685640_ChelseaArsenalDeflinemovement1.thumb.png.fd6e9ab426c82b6f5b35ed7d0a61bc4d.png

958917226_ChelseaArsenalDeflinemovement2.thumb.png.82dd3a123740e83a1946f2a0da6cd1f3.png

Continuing on next message.

ME21.4.0_Chelsea-Arsenal.pkm

17 hours ago, Pasonen said:

great post, I just hope they take in all the hard work we're doing to make sure they fix the problem...

trent-alexander arnold, one of the best crossers in the world, gets his crosses blocked all the time

crosses don't have to connect every time but it should at least allow challenges in the box

88:25 tyrick mitchell decides to kick the ball out towards the end line allowing another corner, when he clearly could've just kicked it forward

Liverpool had 20 corners

Liverpool v Blackburn.pkm

23 minutes ago, OHoh said:

great post, I just hope they take in all the hard work we're doing to make sure they fix the problem...

Other problem is hard coded dribble more, cross more and cross from byline. These should not exist in player instructions. Main thing for players is to get the job done. Not force play because his role has been made to do that. I understand more dribbling, cross more in team instructions but player instructions are interfering the realistic presentation of football. I think this is the challenge when making football simulation GAME. It needs options for player to change and keep things interesting but same time keep presentation realistic. If player instructions are narrowed down game needs something else. Better match preparations or interactions for player concerning tactic.

1 minute ago, Pasonen said:

Other problem is hard coded dribble more, cross more and cross from byline. These should not exist in player instructions. Main thing for players is to get the job done. Not force play because his role has been made to do that. I understand more dribbling, cross more in team instructions but player instructions are interfering the realistic presentation of football. I think this is the challenge when making football simulation GAME. It needs options for player to change and keep things interesting but same time keep presentation realistic. If player instructions are narrowed down game needs something else. Better match preparations or interactions for player concerning tactic.

cannot agree with you more, all they've introduced so far in contrast to narrowed down team instructions and player instructions is the UI.

They should be more concerned about the statistics that the simulator can generate in order to enhance user experience.

we're all here because we love the details behind the game of football, not how its presented on our screen.

I believe that wingers should fake some of the crosses. I have never seen wingers faking a cross even when the defender already started a sliding tackle in the game. They try to cross anyways. However in real life wingers usually fake their crosses if they feel that the defenders will make move to block the cross way. It would be useful especially when the opponent is playing with "stuck in" instructions. Fake the cross and send the sliding defender to home.

What % of cross sucess are you getting in your games/saves? And what are the realistic values of that in football? Asking to compare, because I really dont ahve this sensation so much after update. Maybe because its not showed in the highlights.

On 28/12/2020 at 09:02, Jervaj said:

What % of cross sucess are you getting in your games/saves? And what are the realistic values of that in football? Asking to compare, because I really dont ahve this sensation so much after update. Maybe because its not showed in the highlights.

Cross % is irrelevant though. A cross that gets blocked by the defender right next to you and a cross that gets headed out of the box by a central defender both go as an incomplete cross.

It isn't that crossing isn't good enough, it's that the attacker is just kicking the ball right into the guy next to him way too much. You hardly ever see this in real football, the attacker usually gets himself a yard of space and gets the cross away.

10 hours ago, RocheBag said:

Cross % is irrelevant though. A cross that gets blocked by the defender right next to you and a cross that gets headed out of the box by a central defender both go as an incomplete cross.

It isn't that crossing isn't good enough, it's that the attacker is just kicking the ball right into the guy next to him way too much. You hardly ever see this in real football, the attacker usually gets himself a yard of space and gets the cross away.

Ah I see.

I agree that this happened a lot. I was seeing it all the time. The thing that made me curious is that after patch I only see it once or twice a match. Maybe still be too often but its cwrtainly much less than before. However people here seem to not have noted any decrease at all. I dont know if my matches are an oddity or if these actions are simply not often shown in highlights anymore.

10 hours ago, Jervaj said:

Ah I see.

I agree that this happened a lot. I was seeing it all the time. The thing that made me curious is that after patch I only see it once or twice a match. Maybe still be too often but its cwrtainly much less than before. However people here seem to not have noted any decrease at all. I dont know if my matches are an oddity or if these actions are simply not often shown in highlights anymore.

Hmm, I was seeing it much more often than that when I was still playing. I play 3 at the back with wingbacks though so maybe it depends. 

For some reason wingbacks on attack are hard coded to run wide with the ball and cross more often which I'm sure adds to the problem. 

No idea why does are so locked in to certain instructions. It gets worse every year. 

I saw someone in other post reporting a problem that i think it´s related to this problem of crossing:

the main problem must be the behaviour of the defence, mainly wide defending! The defence and wide defenders can´t defend wide, they stay deep, parking the bus and if you pay attention tha majority of times it´s the DCM, CM or wingers that close the player that it´s trying to cross.

More, the problem that many people are reporting that we can only play (anda win) with one style of play: gegenpress, high defensive line and pressing hard.

SI must have problems in coding defence behaviour and the problem of crossing is related to that! But I saw the same thing in FM19 and this problem persists! I didn´t bought or played FM20 so i can say if existed that problem.

Crosses to defenders feet should not be automaticly rewarding attacker with corners. Giving examples where ball is hit to legs of the defenders. I say in these kind of crossing attempts defender should come winner more often. Take the ball away and start a counter.

02:48 Cross attempt after throw-in. Ball is at defenders legs as mutch as attackers but still cross is made. It hits defenders legs and one more corner. Defender should have had time to take ball away. LOOK CLOSELY! Commentary says ball is robbed but it is not robbed. Is the cross too fast to take the ball away? Why commentary say crosser is robbed but still he gets cross away and rewarded corner?

@Josh Brimacombe-Wiard Is there something wrong in executing speeds of interception/tackle Vs crosses? Meaning cross is too fast to execute versus tackle etc.

------------

03:37 Cross hit to defenders legs. Right flank 2 seconds with the ball to get cross off now setting the ball down and then crossing. Defenders should have had time to get ball away.

--------------

14:24 Defender got time to move under the ball and muscle it away, but now allows dribble to byline and one more corner

-------------

Continuing on next message.

ME21.4.0.0_BrightonvBlackburn.pkm

Edited by Pasonen

When looking this again and again. I just get a feeling that players with more dribbling doesn't know how many players there's inside the box. Without removing the whole instruction dribble more or cross from byline they should know this. Or then its just the instruction dribble more and cross from byline got too much weight on it.

30:46 Wide player got chance to cross but obeying his instruction (?) and dribbles more and goes byline.

70:39 pass to wide defender at the left flank. chance to make one touch cross. Now takes the ball and dribbles it in. Maybe doing like instruction says, dribble more and cross from byline. Odd behaviour..

ME21.4.0.0_BrightonvBlackburn.pkm

Edited by Pasonen

I was able to make 2 seasons with extended highlights and i can not look at such "crosses" any more. If this issue will be not fixed in 23.0 update and SI will tell that no more updates are planned for current FM then its gonna be my last and shortest FM version for the next few years for sure

Edited by 4football

Because of this issue it is impossible to use "Winger", "Wingback" roles. Unless you want to go crazy and see even more corners per game. 

The problem is present at least since FM19. I remember that in one of the ME's in FM20 (i think the first one) there was slightly better balance with these blocked crosses. But in the next version the problem came back. 

I'll also give an example: 20 corners for me in this game :)

Any news from SIGames? @Josh Brimacombe-Wiard?

Hamburg - Braunschweig.pkm