[WIP] [FM21] England down to Level 11

On 02/04/2021 at 14:24, lionel messi said:

I have tried to do it many times, i have tried to return the national league back to 24 for the following season as well as national south back to 22 and a few other leagues a bit further down the pyramid.

I have just not been able to get it to verify proper and there is always a problem with national league north/south.

I might have another go at it but i dont think it will work.

One thing that does happen after the end of the 1st season is the calendar returns back to normal with the season starting in august and replays in the FA competions.

Hi!

I started a game just with the original db just to check what happens, and the national league together with north/south at the level below are fixed in the original db.

So then is just a quora, do you need to do anything with those in yours? I mean, if you could just activate and make the leagues below the national leagues playable?

I am impressed anyhow that you take your time, and thanks again for the hard work.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, l.s said:

Hi!

I started a game just with the original db just to check what happens, and the national league together with north/south at the level below are fixed in the original db.

So then is just a quora, do you need to do anything with those in yours? I mean, if you could just activate and make the leagues below the national leagues playable?

I am impressed anyhow that you take your time, and thanks again for the hard work.

i have tried making the national leagues return to the proper numbers but could never get it to work.

21 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I have not done anything on my db to stop that, i dont why they are producing japanese re gens anyway.

It's one of those clubs based heavily around an ex-pat community (in this case, Japan), much like FC Romania or the rugby union teams London Irish/Scottish/Welsh. So properly simulated, a significant chunk of their incoming players should be Japanese.

2 hours ago, DizzyIzzyB13 said:

It's one of those clubs based heavily around an ex-pat community (in this case, Japan), much like FC Romania or the rugby union teams London Irish/Scottish/Welsh. So properly simulated, a significant chunk of their incoming players should be Japanese.

But as i have said i have done nothing to change how the club produces youth players.

Hello  again, do this update have all league and other cups till Level 11? 

What is the difference between this update and update (till Level 12-20) by Dan (from that forum!)? 

I want to play for the team from 11th Level. 

52 minutes ago, id99 said:

Hello  again, do this update have all league and other cups till Level 11? 

What is the difference between this update and update (till Level 12-20) by Dan (from that forum!)? 

I want to play for the team from 11th Level. 

Yes it has all leagues & cups down to Level 11.

I dont know what the difference is between mine & dans database other than him doing more levels

2 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

You must be running other files because it is not happening on mine.

yes, I have the pervious version, I have downloaded the lastest one. I do apologise. 

PLEASE HELP!

Running new update (21.4)  and all my logos and comps images have gone!

Is there a new download I can use to fix this issue??

Someone please help would be greatly appreciated as it take the novelty factor away from play the game.

Cheers... 👍

22 hours ago, MangoGoGo27 said:

PLEASE HELP!

Running new update (21.4)  and all my logos and comps images have gone!

Is there a new download I can use to fix this issue??

Someone please help would be greatly appreciated as it take the novelty factor away from play the game.

Cheers... 👍

Which logo pack are you using? Is it all logos or just some of the lower league ones (i.e. do the premier league logos still show ok)?

Did you start a new game or are you continuing a game from 21.3? 

If you're using the logo pack I put together for the lower league teams - then have a look here, download the logo pack again which will also include 2 Excel files (one for Messi's DB and one for Dan's DB), open the one for Messi's DB and walk through the steps in it. 

@lionel messi - Qualifying rounds of the domestic comps are missing geographical draws.

FA Cup:

Extra Preliminary Round & Preliminary Round - 10 regions - https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/aug/18/emirates-fa-cup-extra-preliminary-round-and-preliminary-round-draws-180820

First Qualifying Round - Doesn't state number of regions so my assumption is this is also 10 as per previous rounds.

Second Qulifying Round - 5 regions - https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/sep/25/emirates-fa-cup-second-round-qualifying-draw-made-250920

Third Qualifying Round - Doesn't state number of regions so my assumption is this is also 5 as per previous round.

Fourth Qualifying Round - 2 regions - https://www.thefa.com/news/2019/oct/04/fa-cup-fourth-round-qualifying-draw-details-041019

FA Trophy - I could only find a sentence on wikipedia: The competition is a knockout tournament with pairings drawn at random. However, the qualifying round draws and the 1st Round proper draw are regionalised to reduce teams' travel costs.

FA Vase - I could only find a 12/13 rule book which states: The Qualifying Competition and the First, Second and Third Rounds Proper shall be played on a regional basis.

I also notice the attendances at level 9-11 are rather inflated around 100 for level 11 when this is more likely around 25, level 10 around 50. Finally on this point, it is very unlikely for clubs of these levels top have corporate facilities. If untouched the game generates based on rep which is 1 for these clubs but should probably be -1 which can be set in the editor so that there are no coporate facilities and therefore no revenue for this.

Edited by aaronpassfield

On 13/04/2021 at 12:48, lionel messi said:

Hope so so there is no messing about with different rules for different seasons with editing like for the last 2 seasons.

Im pretty sure this is what it means.

On 12/04/2021 at 13:12, aaronpassfield said:

@lionel messi - Qualifying rounds of the domestic comps are missing geographical draws.

FA Cup:

Extra Preliminary Round & Preliminary Round - 10 regions - https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/aug/18/emirates-fa-cup-extra-preliminary-round-and-preliminary-round-draws-180820

First Qualifying Round - Doesn't state number of regions so my assumption is this is also 10 as per previous rounds.

Second Qulifying Round - 5 regions - https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/sep/25/emirates-fa-cup-second-round-qualifying-draw-made-250920

Third Qualifying Round - Doesn't state number of regions so my assumption is this is also 5 as per previous round.

Fourth Qualifying Round - 2 regions - https://www.thefa.com/news/2019/oct/04/fa-cup-fourth-round-qualifying-draw-details-041019

FA Trophy - I could only find a sentence on wikipedia: The competition is a knockout tournament with pairings drawn at random. However, the qualifying round draws and the 1st Round proper draw are regionalised to reduce teams' travel costs.

FA Vase - I could only find a 12/13 rule book which states: The Qualifying Competition and the First, Second and Third Rounds Proper shall be played on a regional basis.

I also notice the attendances at level 9-11 are rather inflated around 100 for level 11 when this is more likely around 25, level 10 around 50. Finally on this point, it is very unlikely for clubs of these levels top have corporate facilities. If untouched the game generates based on rep which is 1 for these clubs but should probably be -1 which can be set in the editor so that there are no coporate facilities and therefore no revenue for this.

There is only 9 regions in the game, i dont know if that would make a difference or not.

I have already set attendances quite low, i have got promoted up the leagues from level 11 to level 8 and very rarely get crowds above 100.

FA Cup:

Where it is 10 regions im going to make it 9 regions because there are only 9 regions in the game.

10 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Where it is 10 regions im going to make it 9 regions because there are only 9 regions in the game.

They’re known as zones rather than regions. If you want to know a brief outline of the areas they cover, send me a PM.

I also notice the attendances at level 9-11 are rather inflated around 100 for level 11 when this is more likely around 25, level 10 around 50.

Those attendances are fine for the levels they’re at, some level 11 clubs do get three figure attendances.

*New update on 1st page*

New update includes geographical draws for FA Competions.

Fixed FA Cup schedule after the 1st season, Extra preliminary round was scheduled to be drawn after the actual date the round was played, this was causing the first 3 rounds of the FA Cup to not be scheduled correctly.

Extra Time taken out of league cups, game goes straight to penalties if level after 90 minutes.

1 minute ago, francis#17 said:

Hey I couldnt quite tell from the previous posts in this thread but how does this mod deal with the number of teams in the Vanarama leagues?

I tried to fix that but could not get it to work so i have left the numbers  at what they are now.

Has anyone managed to take a team from Level 11 to Level 8 or beyond using my database?

Was it possible to attract players at level 8 because i am having real trouble getting players to join me at levels 8 & 7.

They always say my team dont match their ambitions or my team are not reputable enough.

I cant even attract any players from the level below.

Im sure it has not been like this on past FM's.

22 ore fa, lionel messi ha scritto:

Has anyone managed to take a team from Level 11 to Level 8 or beyond using my database?

Was it possible to attract players at level 8 because i am having real trouble getting players to join me at levels 8 & 7.

They always say my team dont match their ambitions or my team are not reputable enough.

I'm managing it but i'm freshly promoted to level 9

On 27/04/2021 at 15:09, lionel messi said:

I'm playing youth only, currently in tier 9. I will say my players aren't getting poached the way I'm used to. I have good players on non-contract deals and they are turning teams down left and right. 

On 27/04/2021 at 20:09, lionel messi said:

In season 3 level 9 currently but going strong, so far I have been able to attract players from level 8. Do you have the in game editor? If not, FM Scout have their own which is free to view but paid to make edits, you could have a look at your rep vs other teams maybe that is it?

On 28/04/2021 at 03:09, lionel messi said:

I saw there was a recent post in General Discussion about Lower League this year and Zealand made a YouTube video today, with players (particularly Ambitious, Professional personalities etc.) a lot less willing to join clubs going through divisions and looking where a club has come from.

My first save with North Ferriby went straight from Level 10 -> Level 7.. but then couldn't re-sign any of my highly rated young players. 4 of them suddenly had Agents and refused contracts citing that same reason. Club and I were favoured as well, morale high, good league position, but had no luck. 

Trying a new save with Level 11 Wakefield AFC, having to use unwanted older 30-35 year olds a lot more than usual + U18 for squad depth. Only issue is finding physical attributes dropping off a cliff mid-season. 

The Zealand video definitely explains why my Team which has gone from the Northern Premier Division to the Championship really struggles to attract players and why existing players are "Looking to move to Bigger Club", seems like getting quick promotions and successive promotions doesn't really help your clubs reputation in the eyes of the players, who are kind of looking at you as being a bit of a fluke and can't sustain the constant promotions and are expecting you to collapse and fall back down the leagues.

It also still bothers me that despite upgrade my Youth Facilties to the max, my youth academy and coaching to the max and my youth recruitment to the max, every season when I get my Youth Intake the best players only have half a star potential. I'm 6 seasons into the save and have never received a youth intake where players could be good and useful to my team. So again whether that is also effected and doesn't reflect the massive leaps the club has taken up the pyramid I don't know, but it does aggravate me every april when the intake comes in and players are only half a star, and then I watch videos online of fm players who every intake get wonderkids and 3 & 4 star potential players.

If I get promoted this year to the Premiership I'm expecting a torrid time, if players won't want to sign for me.

1 minute ago, cwattyeso said:

The Zealand video definitely explains why my Team which has gone from the Northern Premier Division to the Championship really struggles to attract players and why existing players are "Looking to move to Bigger Club", seems like getting quick promotions and successive promotions doesn't really help your clubs reputation in the eyes of the players, who are kind of looking at you as being a bit of a fluke and can't sustain the constant promotions and are expecting you to collapse and fall back down the leagues.

It also still bothers me that despite upgrade my Youth Facilties to the max, my youth academy and coaching to the max and my youth recruitment to the max, every season when I get my Youth Intake the best players only have half a star potential. I'm 6 seasons into the save and have never received a youth intake where players could be good and useful to my team. So again whether that is also effected and doesn't reflect the massive leaps the club has taken up the pyramid I don't know, but it does aggravate me every april when the intake comes in and players are only half a star, and then I watch videos online of fm players who every intake get wonderkids and 3 & 4 star potential players.

If I get promoted this year to the Premiership I'm expecting a torrid time, if players won't want to sign for me.

Players take years to develop, they typically join academies at 8/9 years old and younger. You cant upgrade your facilities and expect the current 14/15 years olds to magically turn into 3 /4 star potential players because you upgraded your coaching/facilties. Really you have to be waiting for the next few generations who would have trained with your upgraded facilities and coaching for years.

In that case I'm screwed then, because the board mandates I use our youth setup to produce players for the first team, and won't allow me to sign any players over 21 anymore. If what you say about the academy is true then it'll be another six seasons before I start seeing youth players that match the level of my youth setup and facilities. Bloody Hell, we'll be back in the Vanarama by then.

On 06/05/2021 at 18:27, cwattyeso said:

if you have maxed out youth facilities, youth coaching and youth recruitment - there's no chance that you are getting 0,5star potential players. Maybe they have 0,5 star which should be more realistic but maxed out everything I've mentioned above puts you in line with the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal with players potential. So instead of throwing 'I have ***** intakes', prove it by having screens of your youth intake and how much potential your best (and latest) youth players have. 

Here's my current years intake and once again it's a load of tripe, for a club that has facilities better then Chelsea and Arsenal and the other Super League Teams that you mentioned, and has won more recently in the game then those clubs as well. Not a single player in the Youth Intake for the now 7th season in a row is anywhere near good enough for the Under 23s let alone the First Team. So many flipping Half Star only players and the best are only a maximum 2 Star Potential. Where's all my 4 and 5 Star wonderkids? If I'm never going to get any of those players coming through, I'd be better off closing down all my youth facilities, sacking all the coaches and saving a fortune each season.

2021-05-11.png

11 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

@lionel messi Get your editing boots on boy the restructure happened

All provisional at the moment, a couple of clubs are appealing their league placings, they’ll only become confirmed at each league AGM held over the next few months.

On 20/05/2021 at 19:45, FCUtdWill said:

All provisional at the moment, a couple of clubs are appealing their league placings, they’ll only become confirmed at each league AGM held over the next few months.

Who cares the english database wont be broken anymore!

3 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

Who cares the english database wont be broken anymore!

They want to make the National League Premier back to 24 teams and increase the North and South divisions to 24, this will probably happen in 2022-23, so the full pyramid isn’t complete just yet.

On 24/05/2021 at 10:18, FCUtdWill said:

They want to make the National League Premier back to 24 teams and increase the North and South divisions to 24, this will probably happen in 2022-23, so the full pyramid isn’t complete just yet.

Guess im not buying FM this year then. Sick of this ****.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I have a question for you:

I’m managing in League 2 & aiming to get promoted within the next couple of seasons. In your opinion, is it worth me restarting my save but adding these leagues so that I can (potentially) pinch high potential regens from the leagues below? Do you get any regens with the potential to make in League 2 & above? Will these leagues add high value to my experience despite the fact that I won’t be managing lower than League 2 in this save? I’d probably only add a couple of leagues under the Vanarama South/North.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...