The Realism Thread

I've been finishing some unfinished business (from years past) with HSV, playing with a highly involved DOF, waiting for said fix. Heading into my first summer in charge, quite annoyed, my DOF wouldn't go through with a newly requested transfer because we'd already filled that role (can't remember exact verbiage). Problem is, they didn't (both are fairly versatile, so maybe that triggered it), and even if they did, we're newly promoted, so overlapping acquisitions might be necessary (don't think they will for us).

Anyways, just a bit of a heads up. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I think they always knew a brexit hotfix was likely, the regen issue is a left field one they weren't aware of.  So unless they have said different or they have coincidentally resolved the regen issue at the same time this was announced, my guess is that they will be separate fixes. I don't know though.

It sounds like it was something they'd addressed previously, but it snuck back in somewhere along the lines, so at least in theory that should make it an easier problem to fix. 

1 hour ago, XuluBak said:

It sounds like it was something they'd addressed previously, but it snuck back in somewhere along the lines, so at least in theory that should make it an easier problem to fix. 

Looks like the fix for both is here - patch notes not completely specific, but brexit certainly fixed and newgens in inactive leagues tweaked too. Great news!

2 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Looks like the fix for both is here - patch notes not completely specific, but brexit certainly fixed and newgens in inactive leagues tweaked too. Great news!

Indeed - I assume that a new save will definitely be needed to take advantage of all the hotfix updates?

23 minutes ago, Haribo1681 said:

Indeed - I assume that a new save will definitely be needed to take advantage of all the hotfix updates?

A tweet from Football Manager suggests that the Brexit issue is save compatible, and I think that the youth issue was also. Depends on how attached to your save you are.

16 minutes ago, joshpmilton said:

A tweet from Football Manager suggests that the Brexit issue is save compatible, and I think that the youth issue was also. Depends on how attached to your save you are.

Ta - I'm not wedded to it, so might be best off going for a new save, I reckon.

I'm on the fence myself. Was only about 2 hours in and hadn't done much, if we're save compatible it seems silly to start again. But then I had kind of accepted I'd have to and so had been considering an alternative team.... Decisions....

I'm on the fence myself. Was only about 2 hours in and hadn't done much, if we're save compatible it seems silly to start again. But then I had kind of accepted I'd have to and so had been considering an alternative team.... Decisions....

I find that when I've set my mind to something, regardless of how small, trying to go against that without a compelling reason generally ends up being a waste of time. So if you're gonna start over, might as well do it now, rather than invest more time, then doing it later anyways.

2 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

I find that when I've set my mind to something, regardless of how small, trying to go against that without a compelling reason generally ends up being a waste of time. So if you're gonna start over, might as well do it now, rather than invest more time, then doing it later anyways.

This is sound advice and completely true. I get it the other way though - I will change and then regret the change and feel bad. Maybe this is a medical issue after all, I am a grown up after all lol.

Will still be in Turkey even if I do start again anyway.

8 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

So...the fix doesn't fix? 

Are you on about youth intake? It slightly improves the numbers. But that's on view only if you have it on playable I done a 4 year test and the numbers are high most teams getting 8-13 players on average I would say. As someone who has all the leagues loaded which I tend to want to manage in or want youth players from this is perfect for me.

6 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Are you on about youth intake? It slightly improves the numbers. But that's on view only if you have it on playable I done a 4 year test and the numbers are high most teams getting 8-13 players on average I would say. As someone who has all the leagues loaded which I tend to want to manage in or want youth players from this is perfect for me.

Agreed.  I don't think things are perfect even with the fix, however I'm drawing a line here I think.  This fix was save game compatible so any further newgen fixes would surely be as well. 

I'm only starting again because I'm 2 hours in and some of the league fixes need a new save.

34 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Agreed.  I don't think things are perfect even with the fix, however I'm drawing a line here I think.  This fix was save game compatible so any further newgen fixes would surely be as well. 

I'm only starting again because I'm 2 hours in and some of the league fixes need a new save.

Yeah the fix hasnt fixed it properly, but they did say future fixes will be save game compatible. Im stillgoing to wait before I start my long term save as the second season is when the issues start to appear I believe, which is too soon for me to risk

En 30/11/2020 a las 16:11, kidd_05_u2 dijo:

Cracking thread! I thought about quitting after seven underserved losses in a row taking me to the bottom of the table in the Vanarama North, but now I'm inspired to try and turn it around. Brackley hired me as they were in a relegation battle and I promised a mid-table finish, but I've yet to deliver the first win. Mid table won't be happening, but hopefully I can save them from relegation and get a second year.

I'm proud to say I went back to the save and started turning things around. After trying to play good football and failing, I've resorted to the main tool of the lower league manager: hoofball

13 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

I'm proud to say I went back to the save and started turning things around. After trying to play good football and failing, I've resorted to the main tool of the lower league manager: hoofball

Love it. Always bothers me taking over a lower division club when there isn't a big lump up front. 

I feel like a LLM tallest target man competition would keep this thread ticking over 😂

40 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Yeah the fix hasnt fixed it properly, but they did say future fixes will be save game compatible. Im stillgoing to wait before I start my long term save as the second season is when the issues start to appear I believe, which is too soon for me to risk

I play stupidly slowly, I can't imagine it will be a problem. Will take me at least a month to six weeks to get 2 seasons in.

Maybe play a quick one or two season save mate, it's a shame you can't play.

11 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Love it. Always bothers me taking over a lower division club when there isn't a big lump up front. 

I feel like a LLM tallest target man competition would keep this thread ticking over 😂

Flipping this idea on its head, my current target man is a hefty 175cm.

I think a shortest target man competition could be a giggle.

20 hours ago, Junkhead said:

I play stupidly slowly, I can't imagine it will be a problem. Will take me at least a month to six weeks to get 2 seasons in.

Maybe play a quick one or two season save mate, it's a shame you can't play.

Yeah I'm going to do that, will help me get used to this years version before starting a long save too

41 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

In FM they make injuries occur 80% of the time they do in real life. Does anyone use any files to make it 100% ?

Apparently they have upped it this year. I use the realistic injuries file that @majesticeternityputs out - not sure it's officially released yet mate - have a look in the editors forum 👍

Having only been able to steal an hour here & there, I should be able to get some serious time in this weekend for the first time since the full version was released.  

New save is now loaded, with lots of great community editor files which enhance the realism in the game (thanks again @majesticeternity & @Daveincid)!  Also giving one of @Weiry's  additional league files a go and have gone with Georgia as this is the closest border to the team I am going with.  His files all look great, realistic & very detailed but I wanted to just give one a go - if it's as good as it looks I am looking forward to an epic worldwide journeyman later down the road on FM21!  I know editor files are not typically LLM, however the lack of African countries in particular mean that I feel the need to use files to enhance the realism.  Not much out there at this point that I trust, so just dipping my toe in.  In my view, as long as the file is realistic & there is no artificial boosting of teams or attributes, then I have no issue.  

Have decided to stay in Turkey but change teams.  I had only spent a couple of hours before the update at Karabukspor (hadn't even pressed continue) but have decided to choose a different team anyway.  I am slightly concerned over the issues there have been with youth production in inactive countries and although I reckon I will be ok because my save will be running 54 countries/122 leagues, I worry about long term balance, particularly in the middle east & Africa due to lack of playable leagues there.  But we will see what happens.

Am going with Bayburt Özel İdare Spor.  I wouldn't normally go with them as they have a manager already in place, however I like the fact that they start the game with no additional staff, have never won anything, and are at the highest point they have ever got to in their history.  I feel like it's a bit of a blank slate with low expectations and a good starting point on the new version.  My aim, as long as the save remains stable with the additional files & the youth balance issue, is to take the Super Lig title away from Istanbul, be that as Bayburt (unlikely), or by moving to bigger clubs as the save progresses.  

Will be updating on here & may do a more detailed update in the career updates forum, depends if I can be bothered!

Edited by Junkhead

22 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Having only been able to steal an hour here & there, I should be able to get some serious time in this weekend for the first time since the full version was released.  

New save is now loaded, with lots of great community editor files which enhance the realism in the game (thanks again @majesticeternity & @Daveincid)!  Also giving one of @Weiry's  additional league files a go and have gone with Georgia as this is the closest border to the team I am going with.  His files all look great, realistic & very detailed but I wanted to just give one a go - if it's as good as it looks I am looking forward to an epic worldwide journeyman later down the road on FM21!  I know editor files are not typically LLM, however the lack of African countries in particular mean that I feel the need to use files to enhance the realism.  Not much out there at this point that I trust, so just dipping my toe in.  In my view, as long as the file is realistic & there is no artificial boosting of teams or attributes, then I have no issue.  

Have decided to stay in Turkey but change teams.  I had only spent a couple of hours before the update at Karabukspor (hadn't even pressed continue) but have decided to choose a different team anyway.  I am slightly concerned over the issues there have been with youth production in inactive countries and although I reckon I will be ok because my save will be running 54 countries/122 leagues, I worry about long term balance, particularly in the middle east & Africa due to lack of playable leagues there.  But we will see what happens.

Am going with Bayburt Özel İdare Spor.  I wouldn't normally go with them as they have a manager already in place, however I like the fact that they start the game with no additional staff, have never won anything, and are at the highest point they have ever got to in their history.  I feel like it's a bit of a blank slate with low expectations and a good starting point on the new version.  My aim, as long as the save remains stable with the additional files & the youth balance issue, is to take the Super Lig title away from Istanbul, be that as Bayburt (unlikely), or by moving to bigger clubs as the save progresses.  

Will be updating on here & may do a more detailed update in the career updates forum, depends if I can be bothered!

Fingers crossed and good luck! Hopefully the game world remains stable and you can make it all way to the top. Ideally denying Başakşehir in the progress. Keep us updated!

***desperately trying to avoid the obvious 'Tuirkish Delight' pun*** 

1 hour ago, Junkhead said:

Good luck - I've never managed in Turkey, but I'd imagine it would be a lot of fun.

8 minutes ago, joshpmilton said:

Good luck - I've never managed in Turkey, but I'd imagine it would be a lot of fun.

I've had the odd save here and there, love leagues with 2/3 dominant clubs rather than those like France, Germany and Italy which have a stupidly strong team compared to others. Feel like if one of the Istanbul giants falls away there will always be another giant to overthrow should I ever get to the top.

Portugal, Greece and the Netherlands are the same:)

54 minutes ago, Haribo1681 said:

Fingers crossed and good luck! Hopefully the game world remains stable and you can make it all way to the top. Ideally denying Başakşehir in the progress. Keep us updated!

***desperately trying to avoid the obvious 'Tuirkish Delight' pun*** 

Oh it won't be a delight, I assure you. Aim each season initially is to come higher than the previous year and keep my job. So aiming for 12th or higher this season, would expect the board would be happy with survival though.

I've been really enjoying my save so far and feel like I'm beginning to get my head around all the extra features and changes since I last did a proper FM save about 5 years ago. Having failed in Wales, but avoiding actually getting sacked, I quickly picked up a job at Stranraer who had just finished 9th of 10 in the Scottish League Two, so basically the worst team in the country with exception to whoever got promoted. Year one went pretty well, starting like a house on fire and being top of the table after the first round of fixtures; however, a lack of squad depth and a lack of real understanding of the current match engine meant that I faded pretty quick before eventually finishing a much more realistic 7th place, meeting the clubs expectations of being competitive.

Currently in season two with the club, and just past the half way point we're top of the table again. This time, there are four clubs that have broken away from the pack all vying for that one automatic promotion spot. Fortunately, 2nd-4th make the play-offs, so hopefully I am in with a shout of promotion regardless of how the second half plays out. Scotland has been great fun due to the small leagues, and therefore playing each team four times over a season. It really adds to the intensity of the division as in my case I play on average a promotion rival every three matches.

One very frustrating thing I've just come across though is potentially falling foul of Brexit for the first time. I got a message in November saying my captain's WP was due for renewal, and one way to help pass was to increase his wages, which I was happy to do and he was seemingly given a new WP. Come the 1st January his WP was apparently up for renewal, even though apparently just got a new one, and I couldn't offer him more money this time. With a WP I couldn't play him, so I applied for a new one, which was rejected. As a result, I cannot apply again until after the season has ended, which means I'm without my captain for the rest of the season. My gripe on this, is that there is very little information available within the game as to what I could have done, or what options I actually had. He now has two years left on his contract, and it seems probable that now he won't be able to see that out with me, which is madness. I'll chalk it up as an L and move on, but not impressed with the game for the lack of information it gave me to help make such an important decision.

8 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I've had the odd save here and there, love leagues with 2/3 dominant clubs rather than those like France, Germany and Italy which have a stupidly strong team compared to others. Feel like if one of the Istanbul giants falls away there will always be another giant to overthrow should I ever get to the top.

Portugal, Greece and the Netherlands are the same:)

Yeah those are the best kind of leagues to really get stuck into. Portugal is great fun as a LLM thanks to the structure of the bottom end of the pyramid, but then the long term playability is fantastic due to the giants of Porto, Benfica and Sporting. That's a league I'd love to win as an outsider. Fun fact, since 1934 on only two occasions has the not been won by one of those three teams. Belenenses in 1946 and Boavista in 2001. The prospect of achieving a repeat for either of those, or bringing a sixth title winner, is certainly very tempting to aim for.

Failing that, given that I'm enjoying Scotland right now, maybe just breaking the Old Firm dominance is something to aim for.

22 hours ago, joshpmilton said:

Yeah those are the best kind of leagues to really get stuck into. Portugal is great fun as a LLM thanks to the structure of the bottom end of the pyramid, but then the long term playability is fantastic due to the giants of Porto, Benfica and Sporting. That's a league I'd love to win as an outsider. Fun fact, since 1934 on only two occasions has the not been won by one of those three teams. Belenenses in 1946 and Boavista in 2001. The prospect of achieving a repeat for either of those, or bringing a sixth title winner, is certainly very tempting to aim for.

Failing that, given that I'm enjoying Scotland right now, maybe just breaking the Old Firm dominance is something to aim for.

Ive been doing a lot of practice saves recently basically testing tactics new features etc. I have managed in Portugal in a lot of my saves but mainly as Sporting Lisbon manager in my (2nd big team) save. Reading this has gave me the desire to be that 6th team so this is where im gonna start my LLM save. Will update when I select my team.

20 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Ive been doing a lot of practice saves recently basically testing tactics new features etc. I have managed in Portugal in a lot of my saves but mainly as Sporting Lisbon manager in my (2nd big team) save. Reading this has gave me the desire to be that 6th team so this is where im gonna start my LLM save. Will update when I select my team.

Love it.  I had a quick play around with Sintrense in the Beta.  They were incredibly bad, if that helps? :D

1 hour ago, Skalper said:

Hello, fm familly, sorry in advance for my grammar, I did my best to keept it understandable.

I think @junkhead presented this topic from one approach. Cool stuff, It surely is one of the ways to play this game and making it challanging. However I would come to this from more of a straight point, which is how much match engine and also collected all together stats reflect reality. Despite I see this editon of the game signicantly enhanced im comparison to the last version, still some of the things are so obviously unrealisticly bad, that it leaves some bitter taste in my mouth.

I'll try to put my concerns in nice order to keep it as clean as I can:

First would be some stats for some players. Son-Min with acceleration and pace on 15?. I'm sorry but it sounds like a joke to me, a bad one. We speak about guy who if put in a counter-style vs high defence line is nearly impossible to stop without foul due to his pace, and he is just as slow as FRED the CM from Man Utd?...... I'm sorry but whaaaaaaaaaaaat? How he looks compared to Mbappe who has 20/20[which would be in my opinion not necessary right as his acceleration is far worse but let him be the "gold standard"]. It's just awful. There is very big amount of it again. However I get it, it is very subjective point of view, let's leave it like this.

I use two tactics basicly. narrow diamond 4:1:2:1:2 or 4:3:1:2 let's say slightly broaden. I'm at march currently in my first year. My 4 side defenders all together nailed 30 ASSISTS!!!! To be fair, just one of them has profile of high quality ball delivery, yet they are delivering them balls as the homing missles. Insanely messured long balls. 

Another thing is, that for instance there is a lose ball between insanely slow guy [defender] and very fast [attacker], defender is jogging to it, this attacking guy would be able to make two rounds around this defender and still get this ball but he doesn't get it.

I lead Man Utd currently. We all know that Martial and Rashford [apart of a small piece of a last season] BOTH OF THESE PLAYERS ARE KNOWN for wasting tones of good chances to score, especially Rashford is recognized as a guy who just closes his eyes oftenly shoot straight into keeper and wasting it. While Cavani is known as a very efficent goal scorer [he had some moment when he stuggled in PSG but] overaly he scored hundreds of goals and played exceptionaly well in either Napoli, PSG or his national team. He has really legit composure also in game, and finishing, only technique and brilliance is lower [WHAT? do we speak about shooting technique? or a technique to make rabona pass or elastico, becasue it's absolutely, totally different]. Cavani wastes tones of chances in my squad while Martial and Rashford both repeatable finish with a flick. WHEN LAST TIME YOU HAVE SEEN ANY OF THESE LAST TWO FINISHED WITH A FLICK? It never happens, these are typical players with a profile of: hyped, great talents, but without in product, and Cavani is the killer style forward. Nothing flashy, nothing spectacular but stone cold executor and numbers are totaly other way around in the game. I suppose it is effect of wrong calculation of the engine in which composure and finishing is worth way less than technique and brilliance in terms of scoring. PLEASE TRY TO FIX IT GUYS:<

Next thing I noticed is.... Rashford....... easily controlls super difficult ball in a master-gymnastic style, simultanously with a desired direction of the move .... with the defender on his back at the same time.... come on I'm not sure who could have done it if any player, yet Rashford CONSTANTLY DOES IT.

Game is generally .....to clean. I use expanded shortcuts projections and I witness close to zero mistakes in general. My team untill march gave ball a way with risky pass [take over] like 3 times, defender NEVER missjudged the ball, defender never lost the balance to stronger attacker. I lost so far, zero scruffy goals, while I scored just one like this, totaly messy, crowdy, Benny Hill style goal. I witness close to zero battles for the second ball, when it's very crowdy in the middle of the pitch. We can see some pinnball cases in real matches and there should be more of these in fm 21.

All these aspects, combined together make this game so far.....too easy [I really try to keep realism as much as I can]. I rely on my head scout about discovering players, just widely known players are specificly ordered to be scouted by me as I suspect they will siut me. I gave training away to my assistant, I just overwrite some elements of it if I see something obviously wrong in it [I have some knowledge about training from my real life], contracts are negotatied by my sports director, players are just suggested by me to be expelled, sold, bouht and my sport director works on it. Let's suppose I discovered how to play this game optimaly.... but simply due to a - wrong numbers in sompe districts for certain players and stats non reflecting the realistic behaviours make my games way too easy with this tactic.

Think you've missed the point of this thread by about as much as possible.

Not really interested in your gripes with the match engine, your kick by kick commentary and attributes of the 100 or so players you've named in the thread.  As @Daveincid has said, there is a bugs forum for that.

This thread is about playing as realistically as possible, not rants about what you don't like the game & certainly not to share tactics issues with us all. 

If a mod could delete this, I would be genuinely grateful.

Loaded up the game after getting home from work and had a good flick through the lowest division Portuguese sides. Looking through the 94 clubs there was a good few that interested me but one in particular stood out. C.F Estrela da Amadora, the game has the club  formed in 2020 but they have a couple of trophies in there cabinet so I decided to dig into there history.

While never a contender to the place of the third-most important club in the Lisbon Football Association, Estrela da Amadora won a Cup of Portugal in 1990 and one second division championship in 1992–93. In 16 seasons in top flight football – eight consecutive – its best season was in 1997–98, when the team finished in seventh position, under the guidance of Fernando Santos.

After winning the cup in 1990, Estrela reached the second round in the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup. In the following decades, the team maintained its first division status in most seasons. In 2008–09, however, amidst serious financial difficulties,[1] it was (twice) relegated even though it finished the campaign in mid-table.[2]

Coach António Veloso only managed to lead Amadora to the tenth position in the third level in the 2009–10 season. Subsequently, as the club's dreadful economic situation persisted – which led to a two-year suspension from all activity by the Portuguese Football Federation – it folded.[3]

A new club, Clube Desportivo Estrela was created in 2011 to keep with youth teams and other sports, and continue with the history and legacy of Estrela da Amadora. In October 2018, CF Estrela created a senior football team.[4]

After two years in the Lisbon Football Association's third division, the club's members voted 92% in favour in July 2020 of a merger with Club Sintra Football, taking that team's place in the third-tier Campeonato de Portugal, reverting to Estrela's original name and forming a Sociedade Anónima Desportiva.[5]

The fact that the club is from Lisbon makes the challenge even more exciting. Top division heavyweights Benfica and Sporting dominate the City.
As far as the stadium goes with a capacity for 15000 people , Estádio José Gomes is one of the biggest stadiums in Lisbon, only behind Benfica, Sporting and Belenenses SAD, all first tier clubs. It´s been Estrela's stadium since 1957.

Edited by WilsonJuve

I have now FINALLY started my (hopefully) long term save.  I was going to start as Bayburt, as I said, however I've changed my mind about a million times today and have now started as Kardemir Karabükspor as I originally planned.  My manager is a Turkish National named Önemsiz Kafa which, according to Google Translate, is a direct translation of "Junk Head".  Same date of birth as me, so same age.  He is Ankara born, I have set the four Ankara clubs which are in the top two divisions as favouries because my hope for the save is that I can take the title away from the Istanbul monopoly & bring it to the capital - hopefully this will increase my chances of eventually getting one of those jobs.

As I've said before in the thread, the club are in a mess. They've a massive loan they're trying to pay off, and frankly not much else.  They are the only third tier club without a Manager at the start of the game which is what drew me to them initially, and the fact that they are in dire straits is an added bonus.  Aim for the first season is to survive and keep my job.  That is absolutely the best I can hope for.  
I play quite slowly so won't be speeding through games, but will be updating here I think :)

hace 5 minutos, WilsonJuve dijo:

Loaded up the game after getting home from work and had a good flick through the lowest division Portuguese sides. Looking through the 94 clubs there was a good few that interested me but one in particular stood out. C.F Estrela da Amadora, the game has the club  formed in 2020 but they have a couple of trophies in there cabinet so I decided to dig into there history.

Hey, you may want to take a look at the following post before starting a save in Portugal, as there are a few bugs. Nothing really gamebreaking! but there are some issues with how groups are formed in the lower leagues.

I holidayed until a job came up and ended up at Sekhukhune United in South Africa who have no history whatsoever as they hadn't played their first game in real life before I took over, having sacked their manager in game.

Halfway through the season when I took over they were second bottom in the second tier of South Africa.  End of the season, amazingly they were still second bottom but I was sacked as the team were relegated.  I say 'amazing' because I managed to lose every single game until the end of the season and the team below us were nearly as bad.  15 consecutive defeats feels particularly awful no matter how I try and dress it up.  Back to the drawing board...

3 minutes ago, bazhsw said:

I holidayed until a job came up and ended up at Sekhukhune United in South Africa who have no history whatsoever as they hadn't played their first game in real life before I took over, having sacked their manager in game.

Halfway through the season when I took over they were second bottom in the second tier of South Africa.  End of the season, amazingly they were still second bottom but I was sacked as the team were relegated.  I say 'amazing' because I managed to lose every single game until the end of the season and the team below us were nearly as bad.  15 consecutive defeats feels particularly awful no matter how I try and dress it up.  Back to the drawing board...

Absolutely top notch effort that :lol:

46 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

Hey, you may want to take a look at the following post before starting a save in Portugal, as there are a few bugs. Nothing really gamebreaking! but there are some issues with how groups are formed in the lower leagues.

Thanks for the heads up.....back to the drawing board for me. B team clubs playing in the cups with the main teams will not only be frustrating if I got knocked out by one of them, but also on a thread titled realism it does not really fit. Thinking Russia or Ukraine now. Ukraine for example has only been won by 2 teams since it began apart from the very first season. Russia on the other hand is appealing to me because being such a strong country it would be nice to dominate Europe with one of there clubs.

2 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Thanks for the heads up.....back to the drawing board for me. B team clubs playing in the cups with the main teams will not only be frustrating if I got knocked out by one of them, but also on a thread titled realism it does not really fit. Thinking Russia or Ukraine now. Ukraine for example has only been won by 2 teams since it began apart from the very first season. Russia on the other hand is appealing to me because being such a strong country it would be nice to dominate Europe with one of there clubs.

One word - Chernatovo.  Load up a save in Russia & look at their club culture on the team selection screen.

@Brother Ben made me aware of them the other day and they are a billion percent on my list.

4 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

One word - Chernatovo.  Load up a save in Russia & look at their club culture on the team selection screen.

@Brother Ben made me aware of them the other day and they are a billion percent on my list.

:lol: literally just laughed out loud. Cant abuse the search features if there's no use for it. Thats sorted thank you. Will update how I get on and who I sign...........

Being from Moscow makes this 1000% better.

Edited by WilsonJuve

59 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Absolutely top notch effort that :lol:

Honestly, I'd rather have won a few and stayed up.  Makes me laugh all this 'FM is too easy' lark....

Still that's the thing with LLM.  It's usually hardest at the start when the only jobs you can get are with strugglers at a poor level.

So...

I've managed to get in a good load of games today and we're now halfway through the season. I've had to install a revolving door at the training ground to accommodate all the players we've brought in - 25 in total - and we now need to shift some of the deadwood.

All the changes probably had an effect on the cohesion of the side and we struggled early on, winning just twice in our first twelve games while I continued to tweak the side, experiment with different playing styles and work out how to get the best out of the team. However, having sunk as low as 20th (21-24 go down) and struggling to see a way of turning it around, things have changed dramatically since then.

Having just played our Boxing Day fixture to complete half the season's fixtures we're unbeaten in the last 11, winning eight of those games - the highlight of which was a deserved 2-1 win at high-flying Welling United.

Predicted to finish 23rd before a ball was kicked in the season, we currently sit 8th, only outside the play-offs (2nd-7th) on goal difference.

Edited by Haribo1681

I have no idea why I seem to get in a loop where I continuously restart as different teams sometimes.  Probably happens to all of us.

But the initial period of reviewing players, sorting staff out, sorting training out (both individual & team) as well as the nightmare that is set pieces takes me literally hours.  I want to do this as little as possible this version, which means I want this save to go long.

Does it take you guys hours too?  I'm five hours in, am yet to kick a ball and am halfway through sorting team training with Set Pieces still to go :(

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

I have no idea why I seem to get in a loop where I continuously restart as different teams sometimes.  Probably happens to all of us.

But the initial period of reviewing players, sorting staff out, sorting training out (both individual & team) as well as the nightmare that is set pieces takes me literally hours.  I want to do this as little as possible this version, which means I want this save to go long.

Does it take you guys hours too?  I'm five hours in, am yet to kick a ball and am halfway through sorting team training with Set Pieces still to go :(

Can completely relate since I took over Chertanovo yesterday. I have spent around 5 hours sorting everything out. And have not pressed the Continue button once. When reading up on them I was devastated to know that in real life they have a 16yr old striker who has played 14 league games this season would have been more but he missed 8 games through injury. In real life Manchester United have been linked with him but due to his age he isn’t in the game despite being in the first team. 

Just now, WilsonJuve said:

Can completely relate since I took over Chertanovo yesterday. I have spent around 5 hours sorting everything out. And have not pressed the Continue button once. When reading up on them I was devastated to know that in real life they have a 16yr old striker who has played 14 league games this season would have been more but he missed 8 games through injury. In real life Manchester United have been linked with him but due to his age he isn’t in the game despite being in the first team. 

I love that you have chosen Chertanovo.  Do you plan on staying there and having a youth only run at the title/Europe, or just something different to start off a journey man career?

Just started on set pieces now.  Only player who is any good at them is also going to be the first player to go when I need to raise funds so will probably have to redo everything :lol:

Pressed continue a few times just to move forward with staff recruitment, but not kicked a ball yet.  This debit is going to destroy me.  It's currently interest only at £100k pcm until the end of the first season, at which point the original £14.75m debt will remain in full.  I have no idea what happens then.

I love that you have chosen Chertanovo.  Do you plan on staying there and having a youth only run at the title/Europe, or just something different to start off a journey man career?

Just started on set pieces now.  Only player who is any good at them is also going to be the first player to go when I need to raise funds so will probably have to redo everything :lol:

Pressed continue a few times just to move forward with staff recruitment, but not kicked a ball yet.  This debit is going to destroy me.  It's currently interest only at £100k pcm until the end of the first season, at which point the original £14.75m debt will remain in full.  I have no idea what happens then.

I definitely hope to be here long term. As I said in the previous post being from MOSCOW is massive for me not just because it’s the capital city, but also because that will more likely be where some of the best youth come from. Also the challenge of  making them the most dominant team in the country and the capital through our own youth system is very very appealing. Obviously that is the dream but it’s going to be extremely difficult. Im curious as to how the clubs budget will work going forward. As a club which won’t sign players will I get some form of transfer budget? If not where will the money I would expect to get go? I would ideally like to pump all the money into youth facilities and junior coaching etc. 

Ah, the curse / joy of setting up a new team!  I have been known to spend a few hours 'sorting things' before pressing continue but I am trying to be a little more relaxed about things this time and not try to micromanage absolutely everything (and still fail lol)