I've come to realise that the game is fixed to make Manchester United overpowered. I like to try it out on all new football games to see how they compute them (Manchester United) and it took me over 50 attempts to beat them which I had to use editor to injury all players and knock down morale then kept watching them and no matter who they played they always won even after injuring all the squad, dropping their morale and even when I released all their players they just kept winning. 

2 minutes ago, ReeceQuirk91 said:

I've come to realise that the game is fixed to make Manchester United overpowered. I like to try it out on all new football games to see how they compute them (Manchester United) and it took me over 50 attempts to beat them which I had to use editor to injury all players and knock down morale then kept watching them and no matter who they played they always won even after injuring all the squad, dropping their morale and even when I released all their players they just kept winning. 

I don't want to say it's your tactics.

But it's your tactics.

It's almost like 

a) they're a quite good team being put into a system that doesn't always allow for context, and
b) giving unrealistic input in terms of chucking stuff in from the editor isn't always going to give realistic output.

This would need a proper editor experiment to see what might be going on. 

Taking these comments at face value it would suggest that team reputation is overpowering all other factors - including the actual strength of the team on the pitch. The same effect should also be present for any other high reputation club if that were the case.

But, as I say, without a proper  test via a controlled editor set up of Man Utd (or Liverpool or Man City etc.) it's difficult to make a judgement.

It is also likely that such tests were done in the past - reputation has always been an point of debate in FM.

Edited by rp1966

I've soak tested 5 first seasons and played through one season.

MU finished 3rd once, 4th 4 times and 5th once. The only cup they won in any of them was a League Cup win, although they did make a couple of final appearances in other seasons. They never got further than the Champions League quarter finals. SI's soak tests have them finishing 3rd on average, as per the post in the EPL data errors thread.

IRL they finished 3rd last season, and this season are only 5 points off 3rd as it stands. I think the talk of MU being over rated here and in a dozen other threads is somewhat overstated. Some saves they will over perform, some they will under perform, such is the game.