Are LLM and Journeyman saves still viable?

I wanted to know what people thoughts are on the viability of LLM and joruneyman saves in FM 21. Throughout the feedbackbacka and bugs forum I've seen people say they are offered jobs that are unrealistic when starting out with no qualifications.  

What I wanted to know is if this seriously affects the viability and realism of a long term save? Imo rejecting the job offers from top clubs is just as unrealistic as getting the offer in the first place so I dont so that as a good option but I'm open to hear peoples thoughts

44 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

I wanted to know what people thoughts are on the viability of LLM and joruneyman saves in FM 21. Throughout the feedbackbacka and bugs forum I've seen people say they are offered jobs that are unrealistic when starting out with no qualifications.  

What I wanted to know is if this seriously affects the viability and realism of a long term save? Imo rejecting the job offers from top clubs is just as unrealistic as getting the offer in the first place so I dont so that as a good option but I'm open to hear peoples thoughts

For me, playing as realistically as possible means that I would reject a job offer which I felt was unrealistic.

I appreciate that rejecting it isn't realistic as you wouldn't reject it IRL, but then the whole reason that it is unrealistic in the first place is that you wouldn't be offered it IRL.

At the end of the day it's a game. There will be bugs. I would reject the role, log in the bugs forum and continue with the save. 

45 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

For me, playing as realistically as possible means that I would reject a job offer which I felt was unrealistic.

I appreciate that rejecting it isn't realistic as you wouldn't reject it IRL, but then the whole reason that it is unrealistic in the first place is that you wouldn't be offered it IRL.

At the end of the day it's a game. There will be bugs. I would reject the role, log in the bugs forum and continue with the save. 

Have you had to do this in your current save?

The issue with rejecting a job that we feel is unrealistic is that it takes out the element of randomness that would occur in real life, that off chance where you would be a championship manager and are offered a prem job for example. There is a rare chance that you get a job that's unexpected and those type of things are what help make football special. 

16 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

The issue with rejecting a job that we feel is unrealistic is that it takes out the element of randomness that would occur in real life, that off chance where you would be a championship manager and are offered a prem job for example. There is a rare chance that you get a job that's unexpected and those type of things are what help make football special. 

I agree. This is the real world:

28.07.2020 — FC Bayern Reserves coach Sebastian Hoeneß will take over at TSG Hoffenheim

From third league Reserves coach to first league Bundesliga Head coach. In FM people would say that this is unrealistic.

Edited by Tom 99

18 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Have you had to do this in your current save?

I haven't started a full save on the release version yet.  I have rejected jobs in the past yes. Sometimes I take them. It's up to you mate.

The game will have its limits - there will be times where you need to make a decision which is unrealistic. If it ruins the game for you I wouldn't take it.

It's subjective. Plenty of people will be perfectly fine just rejecting unrealistic job offers, while others would feel it ruins the immersion of a true journeyman save. 

What I found particularly annoying however was the constant press questions about these same unrealistic jobs. In the demo I holidayed till November and then just progressed through, waiting for a lower league job to become available. Pretty much every day the game would stop and I would get journalist questions about jobs in the higher divisions and whether I would be interested (including the Spain national team job, which was particularly amusing). I acknowledge that these can also be ignored, but again it didnt help with the immersion or general game experience.

I've also read - can't confirm - that this is only an issue when starting unemployed, so if you can find a league where there's already a suitable low level job available that you could get, this might mitigate the above.

Edited by AlexJames

7 minutes ago, AlexJames said:

It's subjective. Plenty of people will be perfectly fine just rejecting unrealistic job offers, while others would feel it ruins the immersion of a true journeyman save. 

What I found particularly annoying however was the constant press questions about these same unrealistic jobs. In the demo I holidayed till November and then just progressed through, waiting for a lower league job to become available. Pretty much every day the game would stop and I would get journalist questions about jobs in the higher divisions and whether I would be interested (including the Spain national team job, which was particularly amusing). I acknowledge that these can also be ignored, but again it didnt help with the immersion or general game experience.

I've also read - can't confirm - that this is only an issue when starting unemployed, so if you can find a league where there's already a suitable low level job available that you could get, this might mitigate the above.

On my unemployed saves I tend to apply for realistic jobs directly instead of using the holiday, apply for all option. This may mitigate this as a temporary work around for people as I was only offered jobs that I had applied for. Not sure though obviously.

10 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

On my unemployed saves I tend to apply for realistic jobs directly instead of using the holiday, apply for all option. This may mitigate this as a temporary work around for people as I was only offered jobs that I had applied for. Not sure though obviously.

Same. I don't/ didn't use the apply all option either, just holidayed till November as generally no clubs sack their managers before then.

2 hours ago, Tom 99 said:

0From third league Reserves coach to first league Bundesliga Head coach. In FM people would say that this is unrealistic.

Yeah these type of special moments are what we miss out on when we decide whats realistic

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Ill give this a go. How long does it usually take you to find a job?

2 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Ill give this a go. How long does it usually take you to find a job?

Not long, but I run all leagues. @AlexJames indicated that this might not help though I think.

It didn't happen to me, but that's not to say it wouldn't have if I hadn't taken a job quickly.

Edited by Junkhead

10 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Not long, but I run all leagues. @AlexJames indicated that this might not help though I think.

It didn't happen to me, but that's not to say it wouldn't have if I hadn't taken a job quickly.

Have you seen the regen bug? Theres a bug that SI have acknowledged where less and less regens are populated each year and it means the game world becomes tiny.

Looks like long terms saved including LLM and journeyman arent viable for now

1 hour ago, francis#17 said:

Have you seen the regen bug? Theres a bug that SI have acknowledged where less and less regens are populated each year and it means the game world becomes tiny.

Looks like long terms saved including LLM and journeyman arent viable for now

Not seen this - can you possibly point me towards it in the bugs forum mate, wad going to start my game tomorrow 🙁

5 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Not seen this - can you possibly point me towards it in the bugs forum mate, wad going to start my game tomorrow 🙁

Guess its up to you if you want to work around this by trying to be careful with the leagues you load. They said the fix is likely to be save game compatible but no idea when that fix will be released. 

There should be basic tests on player counts with various game set ups before the game is released. Honestly shocked that this doesn't happen. Or maybe they were aware before it released and they released it anyway

Edited by francis#17

8 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Guess its up to you if you want to work around this by trying to be careful with the leagues you load. They said the fix is likely to be save game compatible but no idea when that fix will be released. 

There should be basic tests on player counts with various game set ups before the game is released. Honestly shocked that this doesn't happen. Or maybe they were aware before it released and they released it anyway

Thanks, had missed this completely. Thankfully the speed I play at they will have fixed it before my intake 😂

Edited by Junkhead