Default Dark Skin

Stevenleharve

23 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

There is no Default Dark or Light Skin included with the game this year, the only one included with the game is the Purple Skin.

I see. Appreciate the dark skins, I can actually play the game for a bit now. Really looking forward to a light skin though. Thanks. 

Il y a 9 heures, michaeltmurrayuk a dit :

There is no Default Dark or Light Skin included with the game this year, the only one included with the game is the Purple Skin.

and why that ? many people don't like getting purple

1 hour ago, kad38 said:

and why that ? many people don't like getting purple

i’m presuming the purple skin is the most used skin, si have deep analytics and i doubt they’d go in that direction if no one used it. 

plus theres the whole idea of purple and branding, and it looking recognisable

il y a 28 minutes, bluestillidie00 a dit :

i’m presuming the purple skin is the most used skin, si have deep analytics and i doubt they’d go in that direction if no one used it. 

plus theres the whole idea of purple and branding, and it looking recognisable

yes maybe but we should have the choice of theme colors anyway ?? I have been playing for years with the dark theme

The default colour scheme brings on a migraine - literally.  Is there an idiot's/newbie guide to installing the dark skin?  Reading through the threads here indicate that FM have made a dark skin, but it's not available for use for some reason?

I've looked at the Top thread in the list - but to be honest it means nothing to me - I know nothing of skinning/downloading for games etc.

Therefore I just need an idiots guide if possible

21 minutes ago, Mystique said:

The default colour scheme brings on a migraine - literally.  Is there an idiot's/newbie guide to installing the dark skin?  Reading through the threads here indicate that FM have made a dark skin, but it's not available for use for some reason?

I've looked at the Top thread in the list - but to be honest it means nothing to me - I know nothing of skinning/downloading for games etc.

Therefore I just need an idiots guide if possible

Go to this page and download the dark skin, https://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/fm2021/skin/fm21-base-skins. Once you've downloaded it, unzip it and place it in your skins folder (probably here, C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\skins).

Then open up FM21 and in preference, select the new skin.

Edited by frank_olaf

22 hours ago, frank_olaf said:

Go to this page and download the dark skin, https://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/fm2021/skin/fm21-base-skins. Once you've downloaded it, unzip it and place it in your skins folder (probably here, C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\skins).

Then open up FM21 and in preference, select the new skin.

That was entirely pain-free!   Thanks very much for your help!