Can't continue due to squad registration issue - is this a known issue?

I've been asked to register my squad for the next stage of the Europa League, but I can't continue as I don't have enough domestically-trained players. I have one registered but I need four. If I select an unselected youth player, it brings it down to three needed, but I can't add any more youngsters as I have a full squad. The problem is I also can't deselect any players because it won't let me. I'm completely unable to continue. Autoselecting also fails. How do I progress?

If you are past the first round, there is a limit to the number of changes that you can make so that will be why you cant add/change any more.  You may have to go on holiday to finalise the registration or try to confirm a previous selection

There's no way I can confirm a previous selection as that round has passed and I've played that match (I'm in the qualifiers). I'll try holidaying but I've got a horrible feeling it won't work. Why on eearth would the game allow you to get into a situation where it's impossible to continue?

For some reason, the previous selection (ie with no changes made) is no longer eligible. I don't know if there's been a rule change since the full game was released, as my previous confirmation was made on the beta. The only change it lets me make is to add one player. I can't remove anyone.

As it happens, holidaying did work. I have no idea how, but it worked. My players are registered. It's not ideal to have to holiday through it, but it's better than not being able to play at all. Thanks for helping me so quickly.

No problem- one tip as soon as the registration screen comes up, look at the details at the top and that will give you a clue as to the options- leave a space for any field that you are short in, so if you are short of 2 HG players, register only 23 e/g

In FM20 the game would force you to not fill up your squad by reducing the number of players allowed that weren't home grown. For example, if I kept selecting non-homegrown players then the game would let me continue, but my squad size reduced to compensate for no homegrowns.

Has that perhaps been altered for FM21. 

I don't have a lot of experience of European football in FM, but I did find it confusing to register squads.

You do have to be conscious of making Europe when making transfers. 

It's odd, because my selection was fine for the previous rounds. I changed nothing, and suddenly it's no longer accepted. If I had been allowed to reduce the squad size, it would have been fine, but I wasn't able to, so I was literally stuck.

2 hours ago, Mike7077 said:

Yeah, I'm gonna be much more careful with how I register players from now on. I wonder if clubs find it a nightmare in real life. Anyway, thanks again.

They do - it's a reason why Liverpool had to try to loan out several players with a few days to spare, because they had too many players over 21 in the squad to register them all.

The same issue arose again the day before the match when I was asked to confirm my squad. Once again, I holidayed through it and it was fine. It just removed a player from the squad. But when I tried to do it, it still wasn't enough. I'll keep a close eye on how I register players in future, but the really shouldn't let you get into a situation where it's impossible to continue.

1 hour ago, Mike7077 said:

The same issue arose again the day before the match when I was asked to confirm my squad. Once again, I holidayed through it and it was fine. It just removed a player from the squad. But when I tried to do it, it still wasn't enough. I'll keep a close eye on how I register players in future, but the really shouldn't let you get into a situation where it's impossible to continue.

If you haven't already, report it as a bug in the bug forum.

1 hour ago, Tinkerman84 said:

ı have also encountering the same situation with Galatasaray on FM 21. Is it now considered as a bug and under review?

You'd have to check to see if anyone who has had it has actually reported it.